Inside you know an empire of soul
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
700+

He understood what it was Anatoliy was telling him, but he was a bit confused by the odd family dynamic that appeared to be the case in the Russo family. AniWaya was very traditional when it came to families. Couples were supposed to be officially tied together by marriage before having any offspring, and those bonds were meant to last throughout their lives. Sure, pups could and did move on, as he had, but it was strange for him to imagine the mother back in their home country all alone. Who was providing for her? Why was it Anatoliy's father had left in the first place, with the other two children? It all seemed very odd to Nayati, but he kept his questions at bay, not wanting to pry into the other's life. Such personal questions wouldn't be proper to ask. "Well, it is good you are now with your father and siblings. Family is important." At least it was very important in the Utina's mind.

Nayati listened with distinct interest as the Russian attempted to explain what a city was to him. The other male seemed shocked that the AniWayan wasn't aware what such a place was, but the concept was utterly foreign to him. He was used to large settlements, as the Great Tribe was very large, but not in the way that humans had preferred to arrange themselves. Nayati shook his head, not really able to picture what a city must look like. He'd never even set eyes on a small concrete building. "I'm afraid I really do not know, I have never seen such a place. It sounds...very odd to me." It didn't only sound odd, but unpleasant. Why would anyone want to live in something made of rock? The things the humans had left behind he mostly avoided and preferred to keep it that way.

So they did have horses in Russia, but it did not sound as if they were quite so integral to their way of life as they were for the AniWaya tribespeople. Nayati's own horse was almost like a brother to him. It didn't sound like there were such connections where Anatoliy came from. "Horses very important to my people. My horse, Iye, he is a very good horse. Have you ridden before? If not, perhaps I can show you sometime." Teaching someone how to ride a horse was always something he enjoyed. He remembered teaching his little brothers and sister; it had been a great joy for him. If he could teach people here too, it would only make him feel even more at home.

The Utina male could not help but laugh good-naturedly at Anatoliy's reaction to Onawa speaking to him. He could imagine that it certainly was a shock to the man from across the seas. "Ah, but she is no animal, though she may look as one. She chooses to appear as a puma, but she is not a puma. She is a Spirit and that is a very different thing." It wasn't an easy thing to explain or understand right away, and so his patience was well in place to walk the Russo through what the Spirit Guides were. It was probably a lucky thing that Onawa chose to show herself to all. If she did not, no doubt the younger male would think he was crazy. Anatoliy clearly had an open mind though, and this would allow him to eventually understand, this much Nayati knew.

The Tsisdu Kanati waved his hands in front of his chest, dismissing the other man's worry. "No, no, do not worry. You did not know, and I am not offended. I only wished to explain why I did not wish to speak of it." He hadn't for a moment thought that Anatoliy was trying to pry into his personal business. He was simply curious and he did not know the tribe's customs and mores, there was no harm done as far as Nayati was concerned. "I will have to indeed. I haven't seen much of these lands and I would very much like to see more." The AniWayan lands weren't the only ones that he should be familiar with, especially not when he was a hunter.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread