sorrow well rehearsed.
[html]
wc: 328 // ooc: Well, he encounters Haku on the 25th, so anytime before that is fine! :>

The echo faded, and no one appeared. The petulant king grimaced, frustrated that he had wandered too far after all. His footpaws were beginning to ache a bit from the cold -- unlike the coyote approaching him, Jacquez was not suited to the winter at all. His fur was long, but silky and thin, unhelpful against even the lightest draft. He had a lean build, precious little body fat, and staunchly refused to don clothing for no other reason than vanity. This miserable season made him long for the sweltering southern heat, humidity and all.

Jacquez's fringed ears perked forward at the sound of a yip, a call he did not hear too frequently. He squinted against the bright snow, seeing a small figure some distance away from him. In no immediate hurry, the tall Optime loped in her direction, recognizing her scent as he drew nearer. Kaena Lykoi! A roguish smile wreathed his muzzle, amusement bright in his gaze. Her company was always welcome -- although preferably as an Optime, she looked like a ragged old dog on all fours! Actually, there was something different about her, he noted as he closed the distance between them. The matriarch seemed... haggard, worn out.

"How's life been treating you, ma reine?" he drawled easily, not as loudly as before, although the man did not know how to whisper. Were the Dahlians winning? "I thought I'd find myself a piece of the action, but it looks like the warmongers went home for the day." He shot her a wink, hoping to spark a bit of the fire she had displayed in their previous encounter. She hadn't struck him as the sort of leader that would allow enemies to harass her family for long. Maybe there was a strategy he could get in on! Flirtation was not the first thing on his mind either, although that was mainly attributed to her unappealing Lupus form. The obstinate monarch was picky about that...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread