the moon went up and I went out of my head
[html]

In Character

Every tiny muscle in the brown wolf’s face told a story. Larkspur read them as he stared at the beast, as if he looked hard enough he could discover his true name. Ancient languages and forgotten magic clung to his dark fur, and there was no doubt that Larkspur belonged to an occult world. He had heard the voice of the thinny, and he had heard the voice of the can tah. The day that a third and much more recognizable voice spoke to him would be the day he knew his path. It would come, no doubt, and it would come in folds.

Even he could not see the future. “You lemme do what I came here t’do,” he explained, but only so far. He would not go into detail—Haku had learned enough the first day they met. “N’don’t expect me t’be here every time y’call. I ain’t here to make friends with your wolves. I’ll fight fer ya, and I’ll kill fer ya, but don’t ask fer more den dat,” he concluded. There was no use in hiding what he was willing and unwilling to do. Larkspur was simple, and in his simple way there was only room for the purpose at hand. Haku Soul’s war was not his, and even though Lark would raise arms if asked, he did not believe in the cause. He had another D’Angelo to find, and once he found her things would begin to move.

Especially once he found that she had children. There was a need to make the Khalif’s way known here and a need to make certain that her children were worthy. Furthermore, deep in his own mind there was Misery’s need for his own procreation. In time, perhaps, he would do so—but for now his path was unclear.

<style>
.larkspur-002 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.larkspur-002 b {color:#DB9500;}
.larkspur-002-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#FFFF13; padding-right:20px;}
.larkspur-002-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.larkspur-002 {background-color:#000000; padding:207px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/larkspur.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:'book antiqua', 'bookman old style', georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#333333; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread