the days they come but the years they go.
[html]
300+ i suck

Through a grin, Kansas nodded, taking a moment to reflect upon what Rurik had said. He owed his knowledge of the area's history to his father — Phoenix had always been full to the brim with stories and teachings that Kansas was eager to absorb. In his confusion about his feelings toward his father, Kansas had shut away the memories of the former Storm leader, choosing not to bother opening them up to himself again. In truth, he would not be who he was without the care and love of his father. He wondered for a split second if Rurik had ever known Phoenix. It wasn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Thank you, was all he could think to say. The slim wolf could only guess when Rurik planned to stop by, but it didn't matter to him at the moment. He cared only to enjoy the easy flow of conversation between them. Accomplishment brightened his smile as the gray-furred male returned the favor of flattery. He didn't pause to question whether Rurik spoke the truth (perhaps with the assistance of the drink), but merely accepted it as he accepted the bottle back into his hands. He drank, sloshing some of the rum down his chin and snorting a comical laugh. Wiping his jaw with the back of the hand, he set the bottle down in front of him, vaguely aware that he was through drinking for the day. I've never been anywhere, he began,sitting upright again. I mean, never far from here. My longest journey was from Storm to this place after that, eh, wildfire. Surely the seasoned Russian knew about this event. Kansas couldn't recall the details of his personal trek at the moment, and didn't care to — it had been an unpleasant time. The boy had been completely miserable. But I've always wanted to see what's out there, eh? I read about many places and... gosh, they sound wonderful. He sighed, shrugging as he did so. There was so much to do in this world, and so little time.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread