one tribe, one time, one planet, one race
[html]

Tayui nodded quietly, willing to let the topic go if Nayati was so inclined. She didn’t want to argue with him when he clearly had his own beliefs and Tayui did not know what to think. She could only help but feel like there was a great deal of information she and other luperci did not know about the world around them. The books she read held so much information, and there were certainly more books out there she had not yet discovered. It went without saying that there was a great deal of information she did not know for a variety of reasons. She did not want to argue with her fellow AniWayan; after all, for all she knew, he could be correct. She still hesitated, unwilling to accept anything completely without a bit of healthy curiosity.

Her eyebrows shot up when Nayati suggested an alternate topic. Or, more aptly put, a simpler topic. While she did not want to discuss “simpler” topics, especially if she had found someone who was willing to discuss the many complexities in the world, she did not want to ruin this first meeting. She inclined her head for a moment, and then nodded in reply. There was a slight pause, but Nayati continued the conversation. Tayui found herself smiling; family was a topic she could easily discuss. However, it was bittersweet.

“Certainly,” she replied. “I have four children, though all but one have taken off to do who knows what for however long they see fit,” she explained, not bothering to hide the truth from the male. She did not know if he was a staunch traditionalist – if he would take offense to her children’s or mate’s absence – but she did not care to hide it. “My sister, Aurèle, was a member of the tribe for a few months, but she has also taken her leave. There was a curious case with a lighthouse, and I don’t know how well she took it. It would have been rough for her, so I don’t blame her. She needed space – a lot went on. We were only recently reunited, so things have changed. But I still have my one son, Claudius, with me. And what about you? Have you any children?”

Table by Kate!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread