If you're dreaming are you dreaming of me?
[html]

Poe was exceptionally well-versed in the practical side of the remaining human world. Her time spent in Europe and with European wolves would have been enough to give her a solid concept of how they functioned, but she had also spent six months living in the city right next to them, relying more on the world of concrete buildings than that of trees. It was strange living under the ground again, and if it weren’t for the time spent with Naniko there, she likely wouldn’t have done it again. But in a form of one of their many balancing-act compromises, Poe kept a small collection of her favourite odds and ends in a far nook, and kept up her old apartment as a storage space. That said, she knew plenty of human weapons, but lacked the proper skill to put them to much use, besides a trusty fishing pole and a few traps that she had yet to fully explain to Naniko for various reasons, personal and practical.

She smiled at Naniko’s response, nuzzling the tip of her nose along the white girl’s bridge before releasing her grip and reaching for a wool blanket she’d been napping on, exchanging it for the deer leg. “It’s no competition for my super-powered huddling, but it’ll help until I’ve got us something to eat,” she said with a flashed grin, crawling to her stash of city goods for a good knife.

“Honestly, I haven’t got a clue,” she admitted carelessly, unwrapping the leather cloth she kept it in and examining its blade. Dulling a little, but it would do. “I figure we can just cook up a couple of pieces for now and save the rest for cooking tomorrow.” She knelt by the chunk of flesh and began cutting ragged pieces from it. From there, she used two coat hangers that she often used for cooking as skewers, lodging them into the soil at an angle over the small fire.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread