Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
[html]

I’m just going to say he’s shifted.

Kansas felt that rush of pleasure that always filled him whenever he was in her presence. It was perfection, the way she made him feel… He couldn’t remember ever experiencing the same sort of sensation from anyone or anything else. She continued to hold the bird; it made his heart heavy to look at a creature who so deserved life but had had life taken from it. She told him it was a gift for him, and he gazed into her own beautiful eyes, his expression soft and grateful. Thank you… he said quietly.

Her touch, though at first had given him the chills, now warmed him from the very place her hand rested against his fur. He realized that he had missed her gentle caress in the few days that had passed since they’d last seen one another. It felt so wrong to be apart from her. Legacy told him everything was just fine; still, he found himself concerned. If there was something troubling her, he wanted her to know that she could tell him. I’m glad… but… if you want to talk or anything, I’m here. He rested his hand against the goose’s neck, looking first at it and then back toward her mesmerizing green eyes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread