Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
[html]

It was certainly the case that change was part of life. Many changes she'd been through had been for the better, and there were even some she could think of that would improve things even more. His philosophical words sent a chill of fear to her heart anyway. Oh, it was irrational, but fragility was something the red wolf felt deeply, and she couldn't help how she was. "I guess it's impossible to see the future..." she said slowly. "I don't know, though. I don't think this sort of day would ever get old." She felt a little shy saying it, and didn't look at him. He was so sensible, she thought she must seem quite the oddball to him sometimes.

"Do you think you'll ever want to travel? See the world?" It was almost a change of subject, but not quite. Where did he see his life leading? What would he do? Questions she hardly knew how best to ask, but wanted to know, for their paths must surely run alongside - she would take care of that. But his mother had left, and his sister was missing too - maybe he had the wanderlust in his blood. Maybe he'd want to go after them someday, if they didn't return.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread