where black is the color, where none is the number
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... a3-2-2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">
300+

She couldn't bother to ask or wonder if Alacrity knew of whom she spoke. Even if the other woman didn't know Rikka wouldn't have been able to go into great detail on the beast. She couldn't even bring herself to say his name. The syllables choking in her throat and making her feel as if she might vomit. If Alacrity wished for peace of mind then she wouldn't want to know anyway. The fewer details she knew of the monster's crimes, the better. Rikka shrugged as Alacrity offered her condolences. "I was careless. I should have been more careful." She had been under the illusion that if she didn't give anyone a reason to attack her that she would be safe. That had turned out to be painfully untrue. She appreciated the other's attempt to bring hope into the conversation, but all the hope had been sucked out of the de le Poer. She felt like she were slowly suffocating and dieing. "Yes, I only hope that time will heal me before it's too late..." There was little, if anything, that could truly comfort her. It would simply be better to move the conversation on to other topics.

Rikka knew she wasn't making this easy and she hated to be such a pain. Pleasant social interactions were usually her forté, but as she thought so often, she wasn't herself. At least Alacrity wasn't giving up on her, and she was grateful for the other female's effort, even if it were hard for her to display that gratitude. "Yes, Gabriel's my brother. He can be a little rough around the edges, but he's a good man." She wasn't sure who she was at the moment to say anyone else was "rough around the edges", but if Alacrity had met Gabe then she probably knew what she meant. Rikka loved her brother though, and even if they viewed the world through different eyes, she respected him and trusted him. Unlike their mother, Gabriel had a firm moral grounding and she knew he didn't kill for no reason. If she could stomach any violence, it was that which her brother deemed necessary. Even then, though, it was hard for the peaceful femme.

Her knowledge on the layout of the land and sea on a big scale was poor, and so she could not really picture what Alacrity was telling her, but she listened attentively nonetheless. It must be a very different landscape, she reckoned, given how differently the other was formed. What she could understand though was the wistfulness in her tone and being separated from one's family. "You miss them." It was a statement, for it was clear that she did. "Why did you leave?" There were a lot of probable reasons, but she wouldn't know exactly what it was if she didn't ask.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread