[M] Strangers make the best of friends.
[html]

WC 1234.
Quarts Shoreline Smile

The words seemed to trickle of his tongue at ease, as though he had programmed himself to respond exactly like that to whomever inquired about his life, or the world around him. This seemed strange to Lucia, for all the acquaintances she had stumbled across, all the varieties of personalities that had crossed her path, told their stories, spoke about life, none had ever been as straight forward, or as closed off as him. This, in itself, irritated the female somewhat, for she was never very good at making conversation, nor at trying to get others to open up. It was not, in this case, for leverage or personal enjoyment – she was genuinely curious about this male, about his way of life, about his past, and though he had told her bits and pieces, she could tell they were mere scraps of information to keep her satisfied; there was secrets to his tale, yet like everyone else, secrets were like a shield, protecting feelings and emotions – or perhaps in this case, protecting the lack of emotion.

Tilting her head slightly, the female was fixated by him. The quiet void that stood before her in the form of a canine, it was beyond strange. There was once a time that she could have related to his situation, yet with her continuous blackouts and memory loss, Lucia had pulled herself away from that abyss, wanting to enjoy herself – and remember happiness, rather than all the bad karma she harvested inside her mind. As she let the words he had spoken echo in her mind, trying to read between the lines, see something that could not be seen, she felt her tongue twitch, words falling from her maw like water from a tap that refused to turn off. This, though it didn't happen often, seemed to be repeating around him – there was perhaps a trigger in him to make her say her thoughts, and that, though it was not yet a threat, could cause problems. She prayed to whatever higher power may perhaps watch over the world that he would not take offense – and if he did, well... she would have to deal with that little slice when it came to it.

“No lover?”
Shock filled her tone, her eyes reflecting a strange light, almost flirtatious – yet well hidden. “How comes?” She smiled lightly, as though trying to make the situation a little more comfortable – the words had already been said, there wasn't much else she could do apart from plead forgiveness for being so bold and intruding – but that, in all honesty, was not her style. “Have you ever loved?”

Awaiting some kind of response, the female's mind continued to bend over the rest of the information Snake had thrown her – like scraps to a rabid dog. There were so many questions building up inside her, she wondered if they all would just rise into the conversation as bluntly as the rest. It made her nervous slightly – for there were boundaries and lines that shouldn't be crossed, and being that she had only just met him, there were no pointers to state when that line had been stepped over. Due to this, Lucia decided that she should maybe push her luck a tiny bit more – see if there was any reaction from it, see if she could trigger those pointers to visualize; and hopefully not cause any conflict in the process.

Shifting herself slightly, body growing uncomfortable with the stillness of the situation, the quiet conversations that flowed to and from the pair, Lucia's mouth parted again. The words, this time, were quieter – more controlled. She wanted to speak her mind, dig up more skeletons from his closet; she wanted to get to know him properly. Perhaps in some remote wrinkle of her brain, she wanted him to be a friend. If that were the case then Lucia needed to figure him out, and quickly – she had no idea if she would ever see him again after this day, and though she would never admit such to his face, she would definitely like to cross paths once or twice more in the near future.

“Why did they fall out?”
She asked, the question directing toward his mother and the ruler he spoke of. “Where's New Haven?” She wondered if she had ever came upon it during her travels – it would be quite interesting if she had, for then she could see if that journey and the knowledge she may have gained there, could be of any use to figuring out why this coyote seemed so shut down. It could almost be called robotic.

“Before here,” she paused, realizing that she had almost changed the subject a little too hastily. She smiled, though it remained forced – almost fake. She wasn't sure how to react with him right now, she couldn't decide if her emotions made her inferior to him – to be honest, she wasn't sure of anything. He made her doubt everything. That silent gaze, that abyss of emptiness that scratched itself across his face – it was a little mysterious, and in a strange, almost twisted sense, Lucia found it mildly attractive.

“--I traveled,”
she said bluntly, weary of going any deeper. There were so many blanks in her mind that even she couldn't piece all of the puzzle together. With a muttered sigh, the ebony female continued – telling only what she knew; there was no point in lying. “I used to live with my mother – but she was killed by a rapist,” she paused, a flashback in her mind; her eyes narrowing and a lump in her throat; there was still anger in the memories. “--My father.” The words were growled, violent. There was almost a threatening aura around Lucia now; there were inner demons and they were restless. “I killed him in return... Then left my home and traveled. I've been many places, done many things – I educate myself in various topics to pass the time.” Her body slumped, relaxed itself with the change of topic. She was calm again, and perhaps a little more sheltered about her own past than she realized – hers, as a matter of fact, remained more sketchy than his. It was a strange revelation.

“What are your skills?”
She inquired finally, her words trailing into the growl of the ocean waves. There was drops of rain casually slipping down her pelt now; the clouds slowly bursting, and the small specks of rain beginning to reach the land. Glancing upward, Lucia winced slightly; a drop landing atop her scar, almost like a cold slice of a knife – or perhaps just a flashback of the claw which had torn her flesh so long ago. It triggered a question that even she didn't understand the roots of it – there had been no thought to it, no processing of whether it was relevant to their conversation. It just rolled off her tongue like saliva for a fresh kill. This worried the female – there was something wrong. There was something (or someone) speaking things she didn't want to say. There was almost terror in this theory – though it did not show.

“Do you like being alone?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread