[M] Strangers make the best of friends.
[html]

WC 563

His words met with her auds gracefully. They skipped through the corridors of her mind, sliding into doorways and rooms of cabinets like the ocean before her. All that he spoke of stored itself inside her brain, not intentionally perhaps, but stored nonetheless. As he mentioned about his memory, the history behind his life and style that he now possessed, Lucia's eyes travelled toward the direction of where he claimed New Haven had once been. Though Lucia had not been there, the way Snake spoke of it made her grateful for that fact – in all honesty, she already knew that she hadn't, yet the question seemed simple enough and she did like to try and have conversation most of the time. It made the voices disappear.

“I am sorry for your past,”
she whispered softly, not entirely sure what it meant to be sorry for such things anyway. It wasn't like it was her fault, or her doing that caused the misfortune, yet as always, there was little that could be said in response to such a memory, thus sorry seemed the best approach, even though she knew it probably did little good, nor made the memory any less heavy to bare. However, Lucia figured that as long as she felt good about it, and that she had slid in her two cents, that it did not matter. The conversation would move forward, and that would be that.

“It appears you fared quite well over the years,”
she continued, smiling as her gaze returned to Snake's form. “I would love to see you fight sometime. Do they run arena's here? Challenges?” She paused, remembering all the times she had fought – sometimes for money, sometimes for fame, most of the time it was survival, and here she stood. Alive, well, all intact bar one single scar – an impressive record, or so she thought. “Did you train yourself, or be trained?”

Tilting her head, she nodded politely at his question, pondering on what she should or shouldn't tell.
“I taught myself a variety of things,” she admitted, eyes traveling to the ground as she remembered all the books she had read, all the goals she had set herself; all the failures and successes that warped her twisted mind. “I can speak several languages if the occasion ever arose. I taught myself basic healing techniques, and I am still increasing my botany knowledge,” she paused, only rising to meet his gaze once more, her body almost statuesque, “I can tattoo... just about, and I can fight,” her eyes lit up as she mentioned that word, as though recalling all the battles she had faced in the past, winning and losing wasn't what fighting meant for her; it was a release, an escape from all the horrors that were tucked away in her fragile mind, a way to stop the anger from consuming her. “I am trained with knives mainly, but I can hold my ground with tooth and claw if it were required...” She paused once more, thinking deeply for a moment. There were so many questions, so many curious things in her mind, she knew not what to ask next. She just prayed he didn't grow tiresome of her, like so many beforehand. “I like you,” she admitted bluntly, “you're very interesting.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread