the unreliable narrator
[html]

Ending 'cause I suck for dragging it out. We need a new one!

It wasn't true. Not as far as he could know, not completely, anyway. His father had been crazy. His mother had been too, really. He was crazy, fine. They were all crazy. It wasn't really a matter of the specific blood anymore -- all of them here had something wrong with their head. It wasn't even worth noting. But everything else? His father had been a rapist. That was something the hybrid had yet to become, though he didn't trust himself to abstain from it forever, no matter how much he wished otherwise. They don't mean to do anything. What ever happened to free will? Nothing ever happened as they intend; their lives weren't their own and they were mere puppets dangling on some sick god's strings. Was is really true?

Ideas like that drove out the crazy romantic in him and kept it alive. Believe in anything but that, believe in anything else, a lie or not. Denial kept you sane on rainy days.

I'd put them out of their misery first, he muttered, eyes burning and head screaming suddenly and all at once. He heard again his threat to Andre and the child's words back. They grew up fast and destroyed themselves just as quickly. Why did everything have to happen all over again? They should have never existed and part of him (maybe most of him) still felt like they were a mistake he needed to correct. It was the monster in him, but maybe that was the realist too. I hope not, he amended, standing up. A few moments ago, he had been uncertain and lonely, feeling dirty and ashamed. He had become stony again now, quietly bitter and forcibly apathetic. It was an even lonelier state, really, but there was nothing for him here. There would be again.

We're not the same. You're not the same as your father. Change happens; maybe not for the better, but there it is. I guess that just means they'll turn out worse. And he walked away, tired of the conversation more than he was of walking away from people who may or may not care about him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread