still jolly.
[html]

300+

It hadn't occured to her that someone else would not know what "Signore" meant. He puzzled her with his correction, giving his name as Lotus as if she thought the word she'd uttered was his name. A light giggle trickled into the air, and the girl spoke to explain herself, still wondering why he had not understood. "'S just what I calls some boys. And I ladies, they're 'Signora.' No one calls you 'signore' here? " She was young, so Rio didn't grasp that different wolves and their families had different ways of speaking. It was a lesson she still had to learn: not everyone did the same things she did.

Lotus drew her attention to their feet, noticing what she had. She nodded vigorously, her tail picking up speed; for she was just as excited about this as he was. "'Yes they are! I like our feets," She lifted a paw and placed it gently atop his, then removed it quickly with a ringing bell of a laugh. In the midst of youth Rio was one to be easily enthralled, and this little boy was especially endearing and exciting to her. She had only ever played with Xeris' puppies other than her own siblings. The adventure of meeting a child from a back besides Phoenix Valley was fresh and new.

He spoke of his mother, and Rio's eyes widened with understanding; she was sympathetic to having a busy mother. "'Me's too. My mama will let me stays away until dark, then I must go home. She does important things too!" Rio was not so much trying to boast as to inform him of her understanding. She ducked beneath the rails of the fence to join his side, more comfortable now that there weren't bars between them. "'You wants to play with me, Lotus?" she grinned, ears erect, and sunk her chest to the grass with her rump in the air.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread