Meet this stranger
[html]
Table by Frost.

OOC: 568 words; Sorry, life has been hectic

Lotus was just an overly affectionate child. He simply didn’t know better. It was the exact way he greeted Ember so he didn’t see why he should treat his Daddy differently. There hadn’t been a pause to think about his assumption. He knew of Ember as his Mommy and she was a leader. Dawali was the other leader so to him it just made sense that Dawali was his Daddy just because he was leader. And honestly he didn’t actually know that Ember had feelings for the red wolf. Lotus had simply been saying something to try and get the older male to return home with him. He just simply assumed that they had lived together previously. They were leaders and so he figured that they had to live together. It wasn’t right for his family to live in different places. That just meant that he had to convince his Daddy to come home and live with them again.

“Mommy and me have room for you too. I’ll move all my toys and you can fit too.” He gave his own semi explanation in return. He figured the reason that Dawali thought to live elsewhere was because there might not be enough room. If it wasn’t sickness keeping him away then it had to be the worry about not all of them being able to fit. “Or me and Mommy can move in here with you.” Yes, Lotus was already making plans without consulting anyone. But then again that was just one of the charms of youth. He just automatically assumed that Dawali wanted them all together. He didn’t seem to grasp the concept of there not even being a family to try to bring back together. So what would prove to be worse? His questioning or his planning?

Though luckily his attention drifted off to something else. But that was just to be expected with someone his young. Attention always drifting to the next interesting thing. But as inquisitive as ever the answer he was given only made way for another question. “Why?” It was that simple one word question that tended come before lengthy explanations. But certainly he could be forgiven for not realizing it was a custom. That there was a special meaning behind it. This was his first time experiencing any of this. So being allowed to help with something so special was a real joy. Especially since he wasn’t being turned away and told to go play. Just wait until his Mommy heard about the day that he had spent with his Daddy. Wouldn’t she just be so proud? Lotus could prove that he was a big girl.

The pup watched as the sand was picked up and tossed on the fire. He tried to mimic what was done but was unsuccessful at it. He just wasn’t able to gather up to sand in his forepaws or balance on his hindpaws long enough to toss it on as Dawali had done. A concentrated frown landed upon his features as he attempted it again but was still unable to do so. That just left him doing it the old fashioned way. Back was turned towards the fire and hindpaws become firmly planted with his little legs spread. Forepaws dug at the sand and scooped it between his legs and back towards the fire, trying to make it on the flames and not everywhere else.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread