i swear i'm sleeping less and less
[html]
Vegetarian Shark:
_____ The rich green cover stood out against the white of Vegetarian Shark’s hands. When he first started reading, holding a book like this had been impossible. He often left teeth marks and the occasional bit of spit in his wake. But now that things were different, it took him about half the time it used to to actually thumb through a book. See, that was the thing. In his Optime form, he actually had thumbs!
_____ He owed a lot of things to Phoenix. And now than ever the massive brown coyote was someone whom Vegetarian Shark looked up to and sought advice from. He never really had a father figure in his life, so he wasn’t sure what they were supposed to act like. Phoenix, Vegetarian Shark found, was taking the place of this fatherless void. Though he wasn’t related to Vegetarian Shark (just yet), Phoenix was the only person so far who had even come close to the role. It was an odd connection to explain, but Vegetarian Shark knew it existed. The blood that Phoenix had sacrificed for him was proof.
_____ He was waiting for Dierdre to get 127.0.0.1, and thought he could pass his time by reading. Mostly, it was an attempt to calm his nerves. His stomach was turning and he could feel his palms slide against the cover. All of this because he wanted to further explain his feelings to Dierdre in just the right way. He had spent the last 30 minutes practicing in his head. Now He was ready. At least, that was what he told himself. He just hoped that she was ready to embrace all of his feelings.

Dierdre:
_____ She hadn't needed to stay any longer; she'd seen enough. She couldn't even believe it...kept telling herself that it couldn't be, but actions spoke pretty loudly. Vegetarian Shark had somebody. Dierdre had been friends with him for a while, now...and she'd just expected that he wouldn't get close to another female. But she'd seen them hugging. Maybe they were going to do even more after that---she hadn't stayed to see. How could she have been so stupid? No one could ever want her like that.

_____ It was the fact that he thought he had to hide it that made it even worse; why hadn't he told her about the mixed-breed girl he was seeing behind her back? She didn't own him, she knew that...but he could have said something. Then she wouldn't have wasted her time...she wouldn't have let herself start feeling all of those things. Maybe he was just toying with her.

_____ They were supposed to be going up to visit his family soon--but maybe he wouldn't want her to any more. He'd want that dark dog to go with him instead. Even as she thought about it it all started to make more sense to her. The dog had been beautiful, maybe even exotic...and what was she? Plain Jane.

_____ She entered the assumedly empty den, still throwing the degrading thoughts back and forth inside of her head. Why did she have to like him so much? The entire thing made her so frustrated. And that frustration was quickly fueling the only emotion that made sense to her now--anger. She stomped around the entrance for a moment before going deeper inside, kicking dirt back behind her.

Vegetarian Shark:
_____Vegetarian Shark instantly let the book fall to the ground in a dull thud, sending the pages fluttering and folding in a messy heap. He turned to find Dierdre storming inside and a hint of guilt flooded his stomach. Why was she so distraught? He paused for a moment, trying to find some ground. It didn't exactly seem like the time to reveal everything inside of him. Instead it looked like maybe Dierdre could use some space.
_____ "Dier?" Vegetarian Shark spoke softly, trying not to startle her. He wasn't sure if she knew he was here, but she didn't seem to have noticed him yet. "Is everything okay?" His voice was softer than usual. He was trying to sound soothing in hopes to not light the fuse. The dust that was slowly drifting to the ground around the entrance was evidence of her frustrated entry. Vegetarian Shark didn't want to exacerbate that.
_____ One hand had managed to curl around the necklace hung from his neck. Not only was this his moment to reveal himself to her emotionally, but this was also the first time she would see him as an Optime. 'Surprise,' he wanted to say, but somehow it didn't seem right. Nothing seemed right at all.
_____ And all those minutes of practicing were useless.

Dierdre:
_____She heard his voice as she entered, more fuel for her frustrations. He was using her nickname, the thing that Physe used to call her--a term of affection. He didn't really feel anything for her, though...so it had to be fake. She turned her head to look back at him, sharp words starting to form behind her clenched teeth...but then she saw it. He'd shifted. Her mouth fell open, the words forgotten. How'd he done it? And why? He had said that he wanted to look like her, to be like her...but she hadn't known he'd been so serious about it.

_____It also made her wonder who had helped him to change...if it'd been with that dog, or someone else. She thought about this as she took in the sight of him, rolling the thoughts around.

_____"I...I mean you--" Her mouth wouldn't work right. "Who?"

Vegetarian Shark:
_____As his eyes caught hers he could see the hurt and frustration in them as clearly as if he had been peering into her soul. It made his heart drop as she searched for words. He wasn't sure what she was going to say or even the thoughts that were tumbling around in her head. He knew that seeing him in the prison with Tragedie had upset her, but they hadn't actually sat down to talk about it yet. Did she feel some sort of resentment towards him for that? He couldn't be sure what she thought about that day. And maybe that had nothing to do with this new look on her face. Was the fact of the matter Vegetarian Shark being a werewolf? She didn't portray surprise as much as she did frustration. And from what root had that developed?

_____ As words stumbled out, the fuhrer stepped forward toward her. His palm slipped from the gift she had given him and found her own. As he took her hands in his, he let a soft smile graze his lips. "It's okay," he replied softly as her mess of words fell. "Phoenix helped me with the Novus."
_____ Suddenly he almost felt guilty for grabbing her hands – more so embarrassed. He gently let them fall from his grip as he cast a shy glance to the floor of their shared den. "Dierdre," he started again. Despite rehearsing his words, all were lost.

Dierdre:
_____He'd said that Phoenix had been the one to change him...but he hadn't said anything about that dark dog. Dierdre didn't even know her name, which made it all the worse...she wasn't sure what to call her. "Tramp" might do well...or "whore". But then, who was she to say what classified someone as a whore? She didnt' know. All she knew was that she was angry.

_____"She didn't? I thought you would have...with that dog" So Vegetarian Shark and the dog hadn't done anything. That she knew of. That was a good sign....but no, she wouldn't allow herself to become hopeful.

_____"You...could have come to me, you know. I would have helped you. But I guess I can understand why you might not want to combine blood with someone like me"

[/html]
[html]

<3 Tragédie had happened across Pilot while he was away from home - visiting Die Bohrung just to get away from the rest of the world and breathe some fresh air. All of his intentions had been harmless - exploring the dark prison with her just for thrills. He wasn't even sure how Dierdre had found him there. Had she been following him there the whole time? He worried that perhaps she just wanted to come along with him, but stayed hidden when she saw the coyote. It wasn't like Pilot was planning to meet up with Tragédie behind Dierdre's back. It had only been the first time he had ever met her.

<3 "Dierdre, I would have never done anything to hurt you! I just met Tragédie that day, and we were only exploring the prison for a bit of excitement. With something as important as becoming a werewolf, I wouldn't have just thrown that away to anybody." He needed to somehow break the barrier that seemed to be forming around her. There was an edge between them that had never been there before. The only other time he had really felt any sort of tension between him and Dierdre, had been when he had first met her… right after her tragic incident with Lucifer.

<3 "I only went to Phoenix, because I really trust him. And that's not to say I don't trust you, because I do. With my whole heart." He rose a hand, gently cupping the side of her face. He silently hoped she wouldn't turn away. "It's just that..." He paused for a moment, because he realized just what he had to say in order to justify himself. He needed to say the words. He had to. He just couldn't believe he was doing it. "I wanted it to be a surprise for you. And well... Dierdre," And just to keep her on her toes, just to shake things up a bit to try and break that barrier, he leaned forward and he kissed her. "Dierdre, I love you."

[/html]