one more cup of coffee 'fore I go
[html]

OMG I finally started it! XD 300+

Ever since Princess had shown up on the borders wanting to come live with him, Haven had become a severe homebody. He hadn't wanted to leave her side for a moment, too afraid that he was having a dream and he would wake up with them living in two separate packs again. But her coming to him had been no apparition. It was as true as anything and the Knight couldn't remember the last thing that had happened to him that had been such a blessing. Things had started off for them a little strangely, and certainly not what he would have imagined, but he couldn't regret it now. As "wrong" as their meeting had been, something wonderful had come of it and there was no fiber in him that would have wished things otherwise. In the midst of all this danger and blood that war in the lands brought, he had been given a bright glimmer of hope and he clung to it with all his might. Princess was everything he could ever want.

However, the truth of the matter was that no matter how euphoric his personal existence might have become, Cour des Miracles was still threatened by the war that raged to their north. They weren't even directly involved in the conflict and already they had suffered a great injury and the tragic loss of Firefly and Jacquez's pups. Haven had a foreboding feeling that that wouldn't be the only instance of injury in the pack's future and he had to remain vigilant for the danger that lurked outside of their borders. He had been neglectful in his task and in times like these it really wasn't acceptable. So he had woke that morning, given Princess a kiss, and headed up to the stables with Vowkeeper on his back.

Once he reached the large building that housed the pack's horses he took Drogon and lead him out to the nearest tree that he could find. He gave the stallion some slack, but tied the other end of the rope to the trunk of the tree. One thing that he had overlooked in his training was getting the mustang accustomed to battle. The smell of blood and the ferocious action that had met them when they reached Firefly had frightened the horse and if Haven hadn't jumped from his back he would have certainly bolted off with him. He doubted he would ever need to do combat from Drogon's back, but it would be integral that he not run off while Haven was fighting. Taking off his jacket and removing Vowkeeper from its sheath he looked at the dark horse. "You need to get used to this. I'm not going to get too close to you, but you need to not get startled." Those large, dark eyes looked back at him, conveying an understanding. With that Haven began to work through some practice motions, the naked blade cutting through the cool morning air.

<style type="text/css">
.Haven001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#111111; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Haven001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#545454; text-align:right;}
.Haven001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Haven001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#cccccc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ven002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #111111; padding: 180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#545454; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

your not late!!

Heath found that his routine was something he would have once hated. The normalcy of it all, the consistency, the seemingly boring aspects. He would have hated it if a year ago he could look into the future and see himself rising before dawn and making the trip each day from the cabin by the beach to the stables. He would have stared in disbelief, said that it would never be his life, and then laughed at any who tried to persuade him of the fact. But in truth, he had never been happier. His upbringing had told him to mature quickly, and yet it was until he had joined the ranks that he actually stared to grow up at all.

Today was no different. Spring was on his mind, even if there was still remnants of snow on the ground and a chill in the air. Yet, there was also change in the air. The male was glad that the world would be starting to thaw, as he looked at the stores of straw and hay that were dwindling. The horses would be pastured, and on their own in the search for food just as they would if no fences existed in their life. He stood in the loft, a place he had once lived alone and pushed on of the last bundles of hay that he would use for the horses stalls.

It fell to the ground, and the coy-wolf climbed down the ladder. He brushed off the old jeans he wore, feeling for the folded knife in his pocket and then reached for the hay. The bone choker was still on his neck, the western style hat that he had found in the city on his head. Heath made his way through the stables, the horses greeting him as he moved along. The roan mare called for him, and Stark watched with a quiet attention. His dark hand touched the pale long face, and then moved to greet the merle blue mare. He rested his head on the dark face, her warm breath felt on the hand that touched her nose. An ear swiveled, taking in the vague sounds that inevitably drew him away from his horse and into the open air.

Honey eyes looked to find the pack’s Knight and his friend working with his sword. It caused the hybrid to pause, but only a moment before he moved towards him. Weapons were something Heath did not favor, but that was a barer that did not reside on his ‘side’. He wondered what made the wolf bring his stallion out with him.“Hey.” he spoke, his thumbs in his pockets. It had been some time since he had seen the other male, and if he remembered correctly he hadn't been in the best state.

<style type="text/css">
.Heath10 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6bdb1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Heath10ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#d6bdb1; text-align:right;}
.Heath10 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Heath10 {margin:0 auto; width:363px; background-color:#694024; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eath10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #301402; padding: 180px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#281100; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
300+
[html]

I'm a little late XP 300+

These motions had become more or less automatic to the hybrid, his body having memorized the flow. There were times he wished to seek out the Dahlian woman who had received his first lesson from, to show her all the progress he had made. Haven had a gut feeling, however, that she no longer was around. There had been a great sense of honor from the blue painted fey and he could not see her participating in the war of a pack filled with thoughtless butchers and madmen. There were still one or two individuals in Dahlia de Mai that he liked, but now his overall attitude towards the pack had shifted to the negative. After he had seen what had happened to Firefly, sat there while her pups were miscarried, the taste of bile filled his mouth at the thought of that pack and a quiet fire raged in his gut. He still had every intention of enacting revenge for that grievous wrong. His honor wouldn't let it stand as it was.

With his body lost in the motions of his swings and cuts and his mind embroiled in thoughts of the war he didn't hear the approach of someone coming up behind him. Didn't even notice Drogon's attention shift to the approaching luperci, his large head and powerful neck turn to look at the Marshall that he was well acquainted with. But then a familiar voice broke the quiet air in greeting and Haven spun around to see Heath. The Knight's chest heaved a little bit in exertion, but a small smile grew on his face. "Hey." His friend looked a good sight better than he had the last time they had run into each other. He had meant to track the tawny hybrid down ever since his talk with Ruri, but things had kept cropping up to delay him. Walking over to where he had placed the longswords' sheath against the tree he returned it to it's protective casing before turning back to face Heath.

Stretching out his muscles he walked over to his friend, smile still on his face. "I hope Jac hasn't been giving you and Ruri any more trouble. I saw her not too long afterwords and she told me what happened," he explained, smile slowly fading into a sad frown. "Felt pretty guilty about it, after I told you it all was going to be alright." Apparently it hadn't turned out alright at all, but hopefully Jac had pulled his head from his ass by now.

<style type="text/css">
.Haven001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#545454; text-align:right;}
.Haven001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#cccccc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ven002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #111111; padding: 180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#545454; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

rawr<33

Heath had not always been the brightest, or the most mature. He had been a wayward and misguided teen, filled with bitterness and more anger then one wolf should carry. He and Haven had known each other for some time, and the orange hybrid was his friend through the low times and the better moments. There were not many that the black gloved man would call his friend, but he could extend a lesser title to the other canine. Gold eyes watched as the sword as the Sensechal turned to face him. The long knives had always made him uneasy, no matter the holder. He allowed his eyes to moved back to Haven as he spoke, and then reached for the nose of the dark coated stallion. Greeting with an open hand, as was their custom.

His ears turned to listen to the other male’s words, and thankfully could shake his head at the question presented. The situation was not solved completely, at least not in his eyes. Heath felt that Ruri was at ease with it, knowing Jac better then he did. But, as he knew he should simply listen to the woman he loved there was something the felt unresolved. Facing the male Heath spoke, “Don’t worry.” He assured him. “I have been able to avoid Jac, though I know that it is not done for good. He has not come by, and I haven’t sought him out.” Heath confessed, not blaming Haven what so ever for what happened. What was he to say to another in the state Heath had been in? Did Haven forget that Heath had hit him? “It hasn’t stopped us, we live in the same cabin now.” Heath explained.

“I still feel guilty that I punched you.” the gray and brown male said with a half faced grin. He was certain he still owed Haven for that night.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+
[html]

rawrness 300+

He could sense Heath's wariness of the blade in his hand, and while he supposed he could understand he didn't see why his friend should be so when it was only him. The only time that Heath would ever be in the sword's path would be if he had done something irrevocably wrong. Not only did Haven find this scenario unlikely, but even if Heath would commit some crime he doubted that he would be able to use the weapon on the other male. Their long friendship couldn't be erased, nor would he want to. No, the Knight would throw the sword aside and wrestle the other into submission before ever trying to lay the edge of steel against him. But, Vowkeeper was put away now and there was even less reason for the black-gloved hybrid to be reticent.

As his friend shook his head he released a small sigh of relief. He would have been very upset if Jac was still being a bullheaded fool about this. Well, it was still very possible that he was still being that, but as long as he was leaving the couple alone then Haven could breathe easy. "That may be the best for now. I'm sure his temper needs plenty of time to cool, the stubborn ass. There were many of their King's vices that he was able to overlook or push to the side, but when he was trying to keep two lovers apart it struck an angry chord in the Seneschal. He may be a warrior, but he was still a deeply emotional being and everything about that situation had just been wrong. At the good news though Haven's smile returned in full. "That so? Congratulations! The Aatte moved forward to give Heath a quick, hearty hug. "That's great, I'm really happy for you both."

Haven shrugged and waved his hand in front of his face dismissively. "Don't worry about it. I don't have a glass jaw. Besides, if our positions had been switched I might have done the same thing." Alcohol and emotional distress were a bad mix and made people do very, very stupid things. He knew that firsthand.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

rawr to the max (sorry for the quick reply! still love me D:!)

Where the two males had come from where two very different situations, and who they were was just as different. But, there were so many things that were the same. Both their fathers were assholes, and neither of them could look at or think of their sire's with pride or with any sort of pleasant emotion (if they felt the need to think of them at all). Their families had their rough patches, and in times of crisis they had always seemed to help each other out. How they had changed through out the seasons was quite amazing as well, from ragged and fun loving youths to adults that saw the world for what it was, found the pleasant things in it and fought to protect them. Heath was grateful that their friendship only grew stronger in their changes, knowing that the other male always had a good, honorable effect on him. Heath needed that.

Heath laughed at Haven's comment, "I think so too." he couldn't help but agree. Jac needed to cool down and let his brain wrap around that fact that Heath wasn't leaving, and he loved Ruri more then life itself. If only he could prove it to the world, then perhaps that King would notice his pure intentions. But the mood quickly turned to a celebration, and Heath wrapped an arm around his friend as he embraced him. "Thanks, man." A large smile was placed on his maw, reliving the joy of Ruri's acceptance of their mateship all over again. He found that there were not many things that felt better.

A chuckle rang at Haven's comment. He was sure that even if his jaw wasn't made of glass it was certainly sore the next day. Heath bear paws and boxing style never just tapped lightly. But he always appreciated Haven's forgiving nature. Heath flipped the conversation back onto the other male, "How has everything been with you?" if he remembered correctly their last conversation had been a bit one sided. Heath wished to know what was happening in his friends life, no detailed spared.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
300+
[html]

of course XP 300+

It was quite amazing, how far the two had come from their first meeting. Haven had been a playful youth who only saw the good in the world and Heath had been sarcastic and jaded. They had both gone through pretty impressive transformations. Haven knew he certainly hadn't expected to end up the serious wolf that he now was, but from that very first time he had seen the good in the morte dre Soul male. He had covered it up with brashness and attitude, but there had been a good heart underneath, it had only been bruised and disappointed. There were doubtless many that had dismissed Heath as nothing more than a troublemaker, and while they had had their disagreements, he had never given up on him. They shared a kindred spirit and he was always thankful to have Heath as a friend.

Haven chuckled along with Heath. Their King was certainly quite the character. It was times that the collie man acted out like this that the Knight didn't feel so bad for punching him in the face that one day. That day it hadn't been deserved, but Jacquez had certainly done other things that were worthy of punches. He still followed him, because he still believed that deep down Jac had the pack's best interests at heart, but he wasn't blind to his shortcomings. His job was to protect the pack, even from the King himself if he had to. Hopefully that day would never come and such worries were far from his mind now. If it had been anyone but Ruri this would have perhaps been the time to make some playfully raunchy comment, but Haven would have felt bad saying that about the sweet Dauphine. Instead, he found something else to tease Heath about. "Who woulda thought, you getting hitched to someone before me, eh? Mr. Noncommittal," he said, referencing their very first conversation.

When his own life was questioned only two events stood out starkly in his mind. One worthy of celebration and the other as far from it as possible. "Had something really good and something really bad happen," he prefaced, frowning sadly. "Firefly got attacked up north by two Dahlians. I had found her scent leaving the pack so I followed it. Only one of them was actually attacking her, but the other was just standing there watching, with a pup no less." Disgust leaked into his voice and he could feel the rage rise up in his chest. "When I came around the cowards took off, though I did get a few swipes in at one of them. I wanted to go after them, but Firefly was in horrible shape. I got her back her and got her help, but she lost her pups..."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<33

Heath did not wish to believe that he and Ruri would always be plagued with Jac’s on looking. Yes, she was like a daughter to him but Heath wished for their privacy and the space that would allow them to grow as a family. His worries about Jac were diminishing each day that passed with a sighting of him. Out of sight, out of mind had always been true to the coy-wolf. And with Jac it felt even truer. Heath laughed out loud at Haven’s remark, knowing all to well what memory he was speaking of. Of course, their very first. Tell her you love her, even if you don’t Heath would slap his yearling-self in the mouth if he could hear those words now. How things changed, and the things he knew now compared to then. It was quiet amazing how they both had transformed. “Never would have thought this is where I would be. Never thought I could be happy.” He spoke the dismal words with a smile and a light tone because he was indeed happy.

He wanted to know about Haven though, needed to know how his friend was fairing. All he really knew was if his stallion companion was well. But there was a change in the male’s voice, and Heath frowned right about with him. Heath knew of the woman that he spoke of, and he had been a little unsure about her the time they had met. The story unfolded, and Heath watched with a growing angry just as it rose in Haven’s voice and features. He hadn’t known that Dahlia had attacked on of their own, and had even been leaning towards Inferni as the wrong doers. Now he didn’t know what to think, and could not help but replace the fiery woman with his mate. What if it had been her? She had lost her pups as well, more pack members, and the most helpless of all, to be hurt and perish. He had little to say at first, his jaw locked with rage. Then with a shake of his head Heath spoke, “I can’t believe that happened.” though he believed every bit. “I had no idea they attacked one of us… and to loose her litter.” His light colored hand raked through his ragged mane. “Its horrible.” His voice was gruff.

<style type="text/css">
.heathbones01 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5f4239; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathbones01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#101010; text-align:right;}
.heathbones01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathbones01 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#777777; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... hbones.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #101010; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#101010; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.9px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

oh wow, look, an atrocious wait... 300+

Haven had said nothing to their monarch because Ruri had asked him not to, but if problems once again arose and he wouldn't let the two alone then he would have no choice. It was his job to protect the pack and he included emotional badgering in that protection. The Knight would have liked to think he would never have cause to stop the King from doing such things, but Jacquez had always been a bit of a loose cannon when it came to some things. He had expected this, but now that it had happened he would just keep a close eye on the situation. He wasn't going to let anyone darken Ruri and Heath's happiness, least of all one of the top people that should be happy for the Dauphine. Such thoughts were banished at his friend's laugh though, and Haven grinned toothily, glad his comment had struck its mark. "I'm glad you are, man. You deserve it." Almost everyone deserved happiness, and Heath certainly did. Life had dealt him a rotten hand in the start, but things had turned around thankfully.

The Knight couldn't help the fire that burned in his gut relaying the story of what had befallen Firefly. It was a rage he had felt very few times, but it was potent and dangerous to whoever it was directed at. The images of the two Dahlians was burned into his mind and he would not forget their faces. Vowkeeper thirsted for their blood and he had every intention of sating that desire. He could feel the same righteous anger radiating off his friend. Attacking a pregnant mother was something wholly unforgivable. It was the actions of madmen and scum, those who were undeserving of respect and life. As Heath finally responded images of those dead, blood-covered pups flashed through his mind and he shook his head, trying to rid it of the horrible images. "I've sworn to repay blood with blood. I will not let something so heinous go unpunished. Those beasts deserve nothing less than death," he stated, his voice holding an unfamiliar edge. Haven meant every word of it though, he would not let this crime go.

Sighing heavily and looking off to the side he said, "We should speak of something else. I do not have the heart for such heavy subjects at the moment." Really he never did, aside from when it was his duty to report them or his ire was up. Haven wanted to speak of good things with his friend, not such tragedies. Speaking of Firefly's misfortune had made him all but forget the good thing he had yet to share with the hybrid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

rawr rawr rawrrr

Heath did not know Firefly very well, for Heath was not normally one to make a general acquaintance and call them friends. It was hard for the male to always look at the entire pack as his family. He found a few that he cared for, and those were that only that he could focus his emotional efforts towards. It did not mean that he cared little about what happened to Firefly, there was an anger that was sparked to life in his chest. But he could not help but put Ruri in the other female's place, and bring it a bit closer to his heart. It was easy to see the affect that it had on the Knight, and that was what separated him from the orange male. Heath was a survivor, but in a way that made him wish and hope to keep his world, the small tiny plot on the Earth that he had established as his own, safe and whole. Who extended into it were few, and those were the ones that Heath would always vow to protect and serve. For Haven, Heath had always come to understand, it meant all those that needed the protection. It was what separated them, and made Haven the better wolf.

The coy-wolf nodded at the Knight’s words, finding them harsher then anything that had ever come from the other male’s voice. It didn’t seem like his tone at all, but there was nothing in Heath that made him think that this was not Haven. It was likely more of the white and orange male then anything else he had ever seen. I’ll be at your side. Heath spoke, allying himself with the Aatte male. It was because it was Haven that he would do so, even if he wished to believe that he could always be so valiant and honorable.

Heath was happy to think of another topic, and drew a hand up to the male’s shoulder to give it a few good pats. They both needed to move away from the topic and Heath allowed there to be a small bit of silence as to buffer the two subjects. What about that good new? He asked.

<style type="text/css">
.Heath7 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be8d77; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Heath7ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#e6e4e6; text-align:right;}
.Heath7 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Heath7 {margin:0 auto; width:373px; background-color:#322c30; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 26-002.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e6e4e6; padding: 130px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e6e4e6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

less atrocious wait?! 300+

Firefly was not as close to him as some people were, but they were far from strangers. She was his aunt, not by blood, but blood had come to matter very little to Haven as far as relations went. Outside of Mati, he was closer to his non-blood relatives than he was to the ones he shared genes with. This made him even more outraged for what had happened to the woman. He knew that she could get on people's bad sides easily and that the conflict could have easily started as an agrument that she could have started. There was no excuse or reason good enough to attack a pregnant woman though. Nothing in the world could make that acceptable. It struck him closer, because it was Firefly, but he would have reacted the same if it had been someone he hadn't known. He hated violence against women as a general rule, but that was stepping beyond every moral boundary that existed. It was disgusting.

He hadn't expected Heath to join in with him on this crusade. The Knight had only been making a statement and hadn't really expected any sort of response to it, much less the one that was given. He looked at the tawny hybrid, mild surprise clear in his jades, but he nodded back nonetheless. Whether or not he would actually search Heath out when the time for vengeance came he wasn't sure. This was his fight and he didn't wish to endanger anyone else. Still, knowing that someone else understood, and thought that this was right was a comfort. Haven never wanted to turn into someone lusting for blood, but this wasn't that, this was taking steps to right a wrong that could never actually be righted.

Heath's hand on his shoulder helped him to shake away the misery of the topic, pushing it deep inside, storing the anger for the right time. The time where he would need it to fulfill his vow. There was a small silence and then the question reminded him of the other big news he had to share with his friend. Despite the low mood of only a few minutes before, he couldn't help the smile that spread broadly over his face. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot," he said. "Well, I was kind of seeing this girl. She lived back in Crimson Dreams, but I was really falling for her. The other day she showed up at the borders to join here, to be with me." He looked back to his black gloved friend, his eyes having regained their former light.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Even if he did not know Firefly that well, there was nothing that said that she had deserved what had come to her. Especially to those that had yet to be born. Would it be wrong of him to just want to help as well? Even if his reasons were not as powerful and genuine as Haven's. But, if they were lucky there would simply be no more attacks. War would pass, the bad always moved on to bring the good. And then the good would leave once it's toll had been taken, even if no one wanted to see it go.

Heath wanted to moved past it now, and was glad that Haven had some sort of good news to share with him. He watched on with interest, the negative thought already drifting away to make room for those that he hopes Haven would provide. When he did begin the short story Heath felt a brow raise, seeing the positive energy seep back into the other male as he spoke of the girl. A smile came Heath's face, and a happiness rose in him and even gave the male's shoulder a swift pat.

Hey, Heath gave a long and drawn out response. congratulations. he let the ease of the topic brighten any of the shadows that the attack on Firefly had brought them. In the end there was nothing that they could do at this very moment, and both where ready in case they were called to rescue someone from another attack, so why couldn't they just enjoy the good news? Whats her name, what is she like? Heath sort of bypassed the act that she was from the pack that he had never really gotten along with, but that didn't affect his opinion of her at the least.

<style type="text/css">
.Heath7ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#e6e4e6; text-align:right;}
.Heath7 {margin:0 auto; width:373px; background-color:#322c30; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 26-002.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e6e4e6; padding: 130px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e6e4e6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

300+

He was glad he had such good news to share after what had befallen Firefly had sucked all the excitement and happiness out of their conversation. The Knight needed to focus on the good to keep himself from losing his mind mulling over the ills that had come to those of the pack. He wouldn't forget them, couldn't forget them, but he would only end up lost in the disgusting and tragic events if he couldn't let them go and think of happier things. The news of Princess was without a doubt one of those happy things. It had been such a surprise, but undoubtedly the best surprise he had ever received. At the moment any thoughts of the similarities between Princess coming to be with him and Siobhan coming to be with him were far from his mind. The Aatte couldn't help being anything but excited and enthusiastic about the future.

Haven grinned back at his friend as he patted his shoulder and congratulated him. "Thanks man." It was good to have a guy friend to share these things with, to talk to. Not that he didn't love and appreciate all the women in his life, for they had made him who he was, but Heath was the one male he really had a strong relationship with. It was important, their friendship, and he cherished more than he thought he'd ever probably say aloud. It really didn't need to be spoken, they both understood. "Her name's Princess. Before you ask, I'm not pulling your leg, it really is." It wasn't a stretch to think Heath might assume it was a joke. "She's, well, she's great. Really sweet, but she has a big personality. I love that about her though. She isn't like anyone I've ever known before." He found it somewhat hard to put her into words, there was just so much to her. "You and Ruri should come over sometime, we could all have dinner or something," he suggested, wanting his two best friends to meet the girl who held his heart.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This was the sort of news that the two males needed to share. Of course they would need to discuss other, darker news such as what had happened with Firefly. But the two good friends needed things to celebrate, needed reasons to be happy for one another and enjoy their lives. It was not surprising that Haven had found a lady that he could settle down with. That had always been in his card, ever since they were both young and naïve. Haven had always deserved it. He had not deserved the heartache and the pain of loosing his first love. But such unhappiness made finding the next much sweeter.

Heath’s smile did not fade, even as Haven explained all about his new girl. Princess? the black-gloved male stifled a laugh, and nodded to show that he believed his friend. He wouldn’t question him, not a bit. Of course it was more then amusing that the pack’s Knight had found his Princess. Wasn’t such a courtship fate? Good. I’d glad. Heath said with one last pat of Haven’s shoulder after he had finished trying to place his lady friend into words. Heath knew how difficult such a thing was.

Yeah, we should. The coy-wolf exclaimed. Maybe with things were not as troubling as they were now, after the fighting had settled, they could get everyone together. I can’t wait to meet her. Heath spoke with a wide smile as it lifted his brow, his voice teasing and venturing back to how he used to speak of woman. Of course those old beliefs that they were good for one thing and only that had died long ago, but he could not loose that playful rogue that wanted to joke with the other male. Of course, it was all in good fun.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

300+

This was the kind of thing he wanted to talk to Heath about. Of course he was happy that he was able to talk about the more serious and heavy topics with him, he needed someone to share those things with as well, but this was what they both enjoyed. Honestly he hadn't really imagined that they would both have steady girls that they could talk to each other about, but Haven was glad that his expectations on that certain subject had been wrong. The fact that Heath had found what love was, and had found someone he felt that way for and wanted to be a better man for, well, that was what he had always wanted for his friend. The younger male had never said so before, knowing the old Heath would have just scoffed and laughed at the notion, but here it had come true. Maybe there was more to the name Miracles than anyone had given it credit for.

At one time he might have been angry for Heath's stifled laugh regarding his girl's name, but Haven had been expecting it. It was an odd name for someone to actually have, much less when they were being courted by a Knight, and he knew that was where his friend's amusement came from. If their situations had been switched he very well might have reacted the same way. He was glad to hear that Heath was open to the idea of them all getting together. The Aatte didn't really have the concept of a "double date" in his head, but it sounded fun to him. "We'll have to plan it then. I think our schedules are pretty open, so you can see when works for you and Ruri." They all had their duties to attend to, but Ruri was one of the leaders and her schedule was probably the fullest out of any of them.

Haven's jades lit with a mischievous glint as his friend made the clearly weighted comment about meeting Princess. "Oh yeah?" he taunted right back. "Better not get too googly eyed over her, otherwise I might just run away with your lady while you're distracted." Of course he would never do any such thing, but they both knew this was all joking and posturing. It was just like the old days, even though they were two different men now. Well, basically the fact that they were men now, not boys.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Heath figured that this was probably what it would have been like if his brother was still around. Of course he remembered what it was like to have a real brother, but their time together seemed like a lifetime ago. They had been gruff with one another, and Heath remembered that the last time they had met it had not ended as he had wished. He remembered heavy disappointment towards his brother, after fighting with their father. The gloved male did not remember these sorts of moments, in fact he could only remember then with Haven. Heath was not one for blood ties, his own was tainted with the indecencies of his sire, and could find a brother in the orange male easily and accepted him in his heart as one. Secretly of course, for something said about it would have made him seem far too sentimental then he ever wanted to seem.

The male gave a shrug, not knowing the things that were to come and would gather up most of his time, and spoke When ever its right for the hunt, I think we’re good. He knew that he didn’t care and was sure that Ruri would simply be excited about a dinner party that the date would not matter at the least. When the weather was right for the chase was all that Heath could think that would determine whether or not they could share a meal.

His jesting was nothing but playful, and did not mean to seem cruel. It was only in good fun, and he was glad that Haven took it as such. His response made Heath laugh, one that came right from his belly. It was good come back, and he nodded as he conceded to it. Alright, alright. Nothing about the statement was taken as honesty and a big grin was worn by all. We’re better off sticking with what we got. Heath crossed his arm across his chest, his smile never diminishing. It was quite a thing, the two of them so far from where they came from.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

Sorry if this is weird, drowsy x_x; 300+

Haven wasn't as alienated from his blood kin as Heath was, he was still very close with his sister Mati, but he too had never had all that many moments to share with his actual brother. Salem had always seemed somewhat distant, and then one day he had just disappeared. The Aatte had no idea that he had met their father and had formed a bond with him. It was probably good, because the information would have outraged him and what few memories he did have of him would sour instantly. Salem was just a passing ghost in his mind though. Heath was the only one he had felt true brotherhood with. It was an unspoken bond between the two. He knew neither of them would ever speak of it aloud, and they wouldn't ever need to. They both knew what was there.

He nodded at his friends words. It shouldn't have surprised him. No doubt when Ruri heard the idea she would clear her calendar for whenever worked. The collie girl was so sweet, and always so accommodating to her friends. Haven wished more people were like her. At the same time though, that was one of the things that made her so special. "Alright, well we'll both keep our eyes open and come to each other when the time's right. Sound good?" Haven wasn't the most experienced hunter, having set his focus to other things in life, but he was sure that he and Heath would be able to catch something to feed all four of them.

The Knight hadn't been the best at playing these games when they first met, but he had learned and had grown to enjoy them immensely. It was fun to poke and prod at each other with humor in their hearts and that sly glint to their eyes. As Heath laughed heartily Haven couldn't help but join in, his friend's chuckles contagious. His head was nodded in agreement. "Yeah, probably. We're lucky enough we didn't end up fighting for the same girl, eh? Better not to tempt fate," he said, reaching out and mock punching Heath's arm.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wrap up? ^^

Heath was not one for many social events. Most of the pack meetings that he attended were ones where he remained silent, a quiet support for the second in command that he stood behind. The male had no problem just being there for his mate, and though his rank was fairly high Heath had little to say once the King had spoken. While he suspected that some might have an issue with a female owning a greater responsibility and stature, Heath found no folly in seeing Ruri as a leader. All he felt was pride. Though it was just as likely his favor of silence in a crowd that kept him from speaking up among the group, gatherings, for business or pleasure, were something he mainly did for Ruri. But their small dinner date would be fun, Heath was very certain. It was easy to accept the invitation and he grinned at Haven as he gave, Sounds great. to the question. He wondered what the summer would bring for prey, he was sure it would be a fruitful season.

There were few games that Heath did enjoy playing, and this was one of them. The orange male spoke, and the black gloved male have a large laugh. It was true, he was a bit surprised that they hadn’t chosen the same woman to fight over. Fairly lucky too, for in a state of mind other then the jesting one he was in Heath would have been able to see all the things he would have put Haven through in order to win Ruri’s hand, if of course she was the one they fought over. But, he simply laughed and took the punch in arm and grinned. Yeah, yeah He agreed with a nod of his head, still smiling. You better get back to your training, that hit was a little weak. Heath took a step back, knowing that his own chores for the evening would not get done without him.

<style type="text/css">
.heathlone b {font-weight:bold; color:#7E6941; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.heathlone-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:13px; text-align:center; }
.heathlone p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathlone {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#F2F3F7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ehorse.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #736F63; padding: 10px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: bookeman oldstyle, serif; font-size:13px; color:#969386; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]
[html]

yesh :3

He knew that Heath wasn't the most sociable person there was, especially not in groups. Haven only really did slightly better himself, and it depended greatly upon the precise situation. When it came it his duty to the pack or something he felt strongly about, he had no problems raising his voice and letting his thoughts be known. When things strayed from those realms though he too was mostly content to sit back and observe quietly. When it came to pack business, he spoke more with his actions than his words. This would be a small gathering though, and one he was sure they would all enjoy.

The comment had been made in jest, but there was a grain of truth to it. He had never harbored any feelings other than friendship towards Ruri, but it really wouldn't have been a surprise if the two friends had fallen for the same girl. Haven could only imagine what that would have been like, and the picture was a little ugly in his mind. The Knight was very thankful that they had never faced that situation, because honestly it was hard to say if their friendship would have survived. That hadn't happened though, and so such thoughts were unnecessary. "That's only because I wasn't paying you back for last time," he said with a wink. "You're right though, we both have things to attend to." Giving Heath one more playful grin he turned back to retrieve his sword and start up where he had left off.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]