(J) Walking into the Area for the First time.
Joining, at least hopefully. (Thank you for the layout Kaena!)

OOC:
1. Character Name: Domonick Colt
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 8, May, (he is 12 months old, so I didn't really know the time set of everything, but the future :/ I'm sorry)
3. Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. decoy1717@yahoo.com
6.: I don't have any instant messenger, but I check email every day
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I was on another site and someone posted an advertisement, so I got curious and I clicked the link ^-^

[html]

Domonick walked into the area, listening to the sounds of the wind blowing around him. He had been walking almost nonstop for almost 2 weeks, barely eating anything. He hadn't changed forms at all, to keep the pace going. He reached an old rotted log and sat down dropping his bag in front of him, and begins licking his scarred paw. He lets out a sight and mutters to himself,
So damn tired, I might as well rest here, taking some time off can't hurt.
He stretches and sits back down and continues licking his paws.
He hears a noise in the distance, glancing up he sees clouds rolling towards him, he could smell rain in the air. He pushes it off, knowing that there is a long time before it even gets close. He stretches out on the ground, and lays his head on top of his crossed paws, closing his eyes. As he closes his eyes, the wind blows against the grass, causing ripples to be sent across the grass. The sky is a deep blue, you can smell the rain in the air. Domonick just lays there, his eyes closed, sniffing the scent in the air.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Welcome!!!! Your post looks fine. I'm not a huge long post writer my-self.

Rain…she was sick of rain, it always happened this time of the year and you would think after this long she would be use to having it, and she was…never the less the husky marked female would much rather it snow then rain. She stopped shaking her head, as the over sized hat flopped around upon her head. The lass sighed as she lifted a paw. She shook her head; she would do her work around the land and would look to cleaning her-self up a bit after that.

Lifting her head to take a look around that lands that she was able to call home, the female wolf sighed with happiness...This was home…it didn’t matter where in the lands she would find her-self it was home. Though there was scent that tickled her nose, not something she was use to smelling, though it made her quite curious, and she had to of course see what’s wrong. The lady of ivory and sable came across and wolf lay upon the ground, she knew this could be a stupid move upon her part with the war and all, but she couldn’t let someone be in pain.
Are…are you okay sir?

<style type="text/css">
.Pontiac001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f8f8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Pontiac001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#f5f8f8; text-align:right;}
.Pontiac001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Pontiac001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#080a03; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... iac001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c5b1d9; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5b1d9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Awesome!

Domonick was actually in a sound sleep, once he hadn't been in for awhile. As he lay there, he heard a voice. He jumped up opening his yes, not knowing what was going to happen he got into a defensive position , he saw a female wolf in front of him, asking if he was okay. Teeth bared he responded,

It depends what you may want to call okay, but it all sense of the matters I'm fine.

He hadn't talked to anyone in a long time, even though he tried to let out a snark comment, the joy to actually see a living being again made him happy. Felt stupid, if anything was going to happen to him, it would have happened in his sleep, he dropped his defense pose and sat back down, glancing off at the clouds in the distance, still able to smell the rain in the distance, his ears twitched, listening to the thunder miles away. He looked back at the female wolf,

I'm sorry, thank for your concern, I'm fine. He paws at a small patch of soft ground beside him while he talks.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Hey there! I'm a fairly new member here at Souls, but what's I've seen so far I've liked a lot. Hopefully you will too, eh?
Based on my somewhat limited experience here, I think we're supposed to wait for Pontiac to respond now, unless someone else enters the thread, to preserve the posting order, but I could be wrong, so if I am, anyone can feel free correct me, I'd be grateful Big Grin

Delwyn was romping through an area of scrub when he heard talking nearby. Always excited to meet someone new, he bounded towards the noise unhesitatingly. The three-month-old pup was too naive to sense the tension in the air, and too young to realize this new wolf was a stranger to the Valley. Instead Delwyn's tail wagged wildly as he cheerfully, and perhaps somewhat tactlessly, interjected himself into the situation.

"I'm Delwyn!" the son of Xeris and Pendez announced with a puppy's grin, "And neither of you have to worry, because I'm going to grow up to be the hero of Phoenix Valley!" Suddenly the pup's nose began to quiver as he caught an unfamiliar scent. Domonick smelled... different than the other wolves he'd met in his as-of-yet short life. Without thought or social grace, he trotted up to the strange wolf and sniffed at him: "What's your name? You smell funny."
[html]

If you need let some one know. Every one here is a great group of people, and we only nibble!
WC:303

Making him jump she felt bad, but was there a need to snap at her? She didn’t think it was. She reared her head up, with a flick of her tail as she allowed her one brow to rise looking at him. She had never had the blessing of doing border, but she knew from joining this pack that they didn’t take lightly upon having a stranger bearing teeth, the only one that could get away with being in a cranky mood was Jefferson, and it wasn’t because of his rank. He didn’t hold that over the members, it was just who Jefferson was and every one at the pack knew it, but Geneva kept him in check and if he was to mean some members knew about just going to her, unless you really messed up, then well your done. She didn’t want to say anything back to him, she knew the only thing that it would do was start a fight.

”You don’t look fine…are you lost or looking for a pack or something?” She lowered her head to look into his eyes, she did care about this strangers well being. Didn’t matter he called the lands home or not. ”I can’t let a being in your state just go about his day, you look like someone had just crushed your first spring flower. Please let me help you.”

Seeing the child Pontiac smiled as she made sure to keep the pup in a watchful eye, but she was going to allow it to ask any questions that his little heart wanted to know, she gave a soft laugh, and then coughed she couldn’t let the stranger see her falling to far away from the task at hand. ”Well Delwyn, then I am very honored that you’re here for me.”

<style type="text/css">
.Pontiac001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#f5f8f8; text-align:right;}
.Pontiac001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#080a03; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... iac001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c5b1d9; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5b1d9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Domonick stammered back a little, not used to having one, yet alone two people around him at once, he was used to being alone for so long, that life had become who he was, it had made him grow almost bitter, no matter how much he said it didn't. He thrived to make sure it did not change him though.

I'm not hurt, but yes, I guess I am lost. A pack, He trails off in thought, A pack is something that I haven't even been close to in awhile.

He turned to the pup, he reminded him of the way he was not that long ago, happy, smiling, full of life, the thoughts of it almost made his eyes water, he pushed these memories away, he didn't want to look like a complete fool to strangers. Looking at the pup he responded to his question,

My name is Domonick. He chuckled at his comment, I guess wandering around for awhile tends to make people smell funny, but I didn't think it was too bad. He chuckled at his lame and awkward attempted at humor.

He looked back at the female wolf,

Where exactly am I? He felt rude, so he added, My name is Domonick, like I told the hero there. He nodded to Delwyn.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
To Delwyn, the idea of meeting someone from outside of Phoenix Valley was a totally alien concept, and he was a bright enough lad to understand that something bigger and more important than he should involve himself in was going on. Walking carefully to a nearby tree, he sat down and looked away, trying to look disinterested: only his wagging tail and almost comically perked ears gave away how curious he was by the whole situation. Once whatever problems these two had were resolved, maybe he'd see if one of them wanted to play. For now, he was silent.
[html]

WC:406

Keeping a close eye on the pup, the she wolf hybrid made it her job not let anything harm the pup. She wouldn’t forgive her-self if this male decided to harm a pup, let alone a friend’s child. Her icy eyes made sure to watch him as he moved over to the tree, Pontiac just shook her head with a laugh, ah how cute he was. She couldn’t help to wonder if someone ever thought her and Naniko where cute when they where children living in the pack of the dark hearten.

She gave a nod as the male answer all the questions that she and the pack hero had asked him, or in the scent part...told him, She shifted around standing on all fours the she wolf. Well if he was looking for a pack Pontiac was a going to show favoritism on which pack to live in…after all this was the longest she had been in a pack without walking away without a care. She shifted her ears as she gathered her tail and then sat down.

”Well…how about I tell you about our pack, and you can tell me what you think about it and if you can keep up with the job and then we’ll talk to the leader and let them make the choice about admitting you.” Pontiac's voice was normally soft, but when she spoke to the younger male her voice was almost a sweet whisper.
She gave a smile as she stood up stretching out as she looked over to the young hero and then back to male.

”This is Phoenix Valley, we are lucky enough to have some of the best lands around, we are very close like a family and will protect our family to no ends…even if it’s death. However, we don’t tend to get into fights or start fights. Pups are protected as they are our greatest asset. Everyone has a job to do around the lands and we don’t put up with not helping out. We don’t ask much though. You’ll find your job and that will be the job you do. “ She shrugged her shoulders, it sounds like a lot but to her it’s so much more. ”So now…do you think you can do it, and why are you not with a pack already? You look like a being that has no major flaw with your body…is your sniffer broken or something?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Domonick tried not to chuckle as the pup went over to the tree. He brought his focus back onto the female. He listened intently to what she had to say. As she was talking about the pack, memories began to bring themselves back into full view, everything that had happened. He pushed them aside and continued on listening.

I can handle any jobs thrown at me,he thinks for a moment, it's been awhile since I've had to do anything for anyone besides myself.

Her question about not being in a pack was one he knew someone was going to ask sooner or later. He thought about how to answer, would someone believe what really happened? Would lying be best in a situation like this, telling a complete stranger one of the most hurtful secrets that you have? He closed his eyes and sighed, there wouldn't be any harm in it and if he was truly tired of wandering around, why would he risk anything by lying. He remembered something of his childhood, lying never makes a friend.

He opens his eyes once again, trying to hold back emotion in his voice,
I was in a pack, a long time ago, He nods his head towards Delwyn, when I was a little older than him, it was after my parents died, I was taken in by them. I stayed for awhile, I loved it, it was my home. I loved them there, but I guess not all of them liked me very much. Someone was killed, murdered, and I was set on the blame. No one believed it wasn't me. He takes a small pause and lifts up his scared paw, And I got this from trying to plea my side of the story. I left, ran and kept on running. That's why I'm here now. I don't know what happened to them, I don't even know if they even are still a pack, but at this point, I don't care too much. He finishes his story with a sigh and looks up towards the clouds.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtabs2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hey, welcome! Just a few tips for you as you're doing your first posts here: Try to keep your posts consistently in past tense so that you're not switching between past and present as it's a bit messy. Your post lengths are decent enough for a joiner thread, but if you could make them a little bit longer it would be appreciated. Smile

"Sad story," was his introduction, and from behind the one-eyed, endlessly scarred creature emerged from the underbrush. The sound of his movement was distinct, memorable: a rush of sound on every off-step as he limped on his foreleg as always, concluding such a sad and sorry creature that somehow took charge of the pack where they lingered. Despite the obvious handicaps, he carried himself well: as much of a monster as he looked, the cyclops still emanated some fog of authority.

Green eye affixed suspiciously on the stranger, taking the time to make a brief analysis. Collapsed, bad condition, strange smell. Jefferson was, obviously enough, reminded of his own arrival to Phoenix Valley which had been in an eerily similar state as this, but the Patriarch chose not to make comment on that matter. He had heard what Domonick had said as far as jobs and the like went, but he'd made no comments about what he was actually skilled in. "Pontiac and... Delwyn, right? Sounds like you both gave him a good welcome. Thank you." Green eye fell upon the pup quietly; the brute had yet to actually speak to Xeris or Pendzez about their litter and how they were feeling. The cyclops turned his eye back to the stranger, then stiffened his back and tipped his head. "My name is Jefferson. If you plan to stay here, then you'd best learn it. You sound versatile enough, but perhaps my members here can fill me on what I've missed before you explain to me what you're actually good at." He was blunt and gruff in manner, but his intentions were always good. No smile broke through the many scars of his face, but it was obvious enough -- at least to those experience with him -- that he was not perturbed in the least, for once.

[/html]
Delwyn listened intently to the words that were passed between Pontiac and Domonick. He was young and naive, but the pup was also very bright: in short order he infered that Domonick was a stranger to the Valley. An instictive nervousness about a wolf from outside of the pack began to creep down his spine. It was only made worse when he heard the tale of murderous accusations and betrayal. Suddenly the woods felt a lot colder.

And then Jefferson arrived.

The pup was practically starstruck. Jefferson was the only wolf in the pack that Delwyn knew by reputation alone; after all, Jefferson was Patriarch. He hadn't, however, been prepared for how intimidating Jefferson would be. His body covered with scars and his gruff tone made his appearance from the scrub all the more startling. Between it all, the pup found himself overwhelmed, and his tail quickly tucked itself between his legs. When Jefferson complimented Delwyn's behavior in greeting Domonick, the pup's spirits returned, if only partially.

Still, Delwyn reasoned, if he was going to be a hero some day, he would have to show more courage than this. So he carefully took a couple of steps towards Jefferson, made the best eye-contact that he could, and in a voice that was much more reserved than it had been towards the others he began to speak: "Hello Jefferson, sir. You didn't miss very much. The pup paused for a moment, as he collected his racing thoughts, "I was playing over there," he said, pointing towards a nearby clearing, "and I heard some people talking. This wolf is named Domonick and he smells funny. I think he's tired, or maybe his paw hurts." This was the limit of how much the pup could bring himself to talk to the one-eyed, scarred Luperci; Delwyn's eyes shot to the ground and his voice trailed off.
[html]

WC:--

She gave a nod, so Jefferson knew of her and knew her name and she wasn’t told to bug off just yet. She didn’t want to press to see how his mood was; she just gave a simple nod and watched as the pup filled in the leader of what had happened and what was said, but really by the sounds of it and how Jefferson acted, he knew better than any of them what was going on, though a leader should know his pack and Jefferson. She flicked an ear and took a step back over toward the pup, she thought it was cute how he was acting so fearless, he was going to have to learn one day that things can and do go bump in the night.

She turned to look at Domonick, she had to judge him fairly no matter what she wanted to do to help him get back upon his feet and getting to where he would be of use to the pack, and not just a famished pup. ”Found him laying there like a dead rat. A bit snippy, but he was quick to come back to a more normal temperament. He seems willing to work for the betterment of the pack. “

She smiled over to the pup as she walked over to him giving him a soft nudge with a smile. ”You did wonderful! Maybe you can help me on borders more often…and maybe you can show me them hero skill you’ve been working on.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Domonick's tail thumped against the ground, he had no idea who this new wolf was, but one thing he did know was that he must be important. He didn't wanna risk anything happening, so he didn't speak until Pontiac and Delwyn had finished talking. He flinched as Pontiac made the rat comment. I don't look that worn out, do I?, he thought to himself. After they had finished explaining what had happened, he decided to speak. Well...Jefferson, that seems like a name I can remember. As they said, I can do any job given to me. I'm pretty good running around, so if that is a skill needed, look no further.

Domonick didn't want to stare at the scared wolf, he gave off a strong feeling, something told him not to mess with him. His ears twitched slightly, hearing the sound of thunder in the distance. I'm also pretty good at hunting. Wondering around alone, it makes it pretty easy for someone to become good at that skill, nobody else to depend on, you gotta learn to defend for yourself. He paused I'm tired of wandering, so if I have to prove myself to whatever standards that this place has, I will. I know I may not look like much, but trust me, I'm full of suprises.
He flicked his tail against his bag, he didn't know if he had spoken out of turn. He thought to himself about this whole thing that is happening, was he actually close to being in a pack? Was his wandering ways going to be put behind him? He didn't know, but he thought that maybe it was. He bowed his head slightly to Jefferson, As I said, anything that I will need to go through, I will. I may have been wandering alone for so long, but that doesn't mean that I haven't forgotten the values of what it means to be in a pack. With that he ended his little speech. He had hoped to have chosen a good choice of words, but maybe what he had said was out of turn.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtabs2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I'll just close this up. Smile Welcome!

While Domonick earned himself a somewhat pointed look from the cyclops upon Pontiac's mention of "snippiness," Jefferson was otherwise unruffled with the dark wolf's presence. He seemed friendly enough, though he'd made no actions of submission upon the leader's entrance. Had Jefferson been the typical type of pack authority, such lack of respect -- no bows, lowering to the ground, turning of the eyes -- might have gotten Domonick run from the territory. Jefferson was lenient, however, and really cared little for such foolish things. As far as he was concerned, submission from potential joiners was a plus, but wasn't necessary.

The skills he described were nothing new, nothing the brute hadn't heard before. They didn't have many hunters, however; most of the pack was capable, but only Zynex and Xeris were actually assigned the task. Should he prove himself able, Domonick would earn his way up that branch of the ranks, but not until he'd spent some time in the pack first. "All right, I don't have any complaints," he said slowly. Domonick looked pitiful enough, and Jefferson had been in the same position once. There was a lot of unsaid pressure involved. "If you want to stay here, you'll have to learn not to be, how you say, 'snippy.' Delwyn, perhaps you can show him around. Pontiac might even want to come."

The cyclops rolled his scarred shoulders before turning and starting his limp away. "For now you'll start at the Loas rank," he said over his shoulder, leaving. "Prove yourself useful and you'll move up. As for now, ciao." And with that, Jefferson was gone as quickly as he had arrived.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.