Its a beautiful morning!
Angel made her way to the center where her makeshift cabin resided. It was an abandoned one covered in the red Ivy like the Red Ivy building she couldn't remember the name of at the moment. Her memory had been iffy since she had been raped by Brutus that night but she allowed it to pass. She focused on her being able to focus on the future more than the past though she was still haunted by it. As she wore her feathery headdress made of raven feathers, leather and beads she began making a mixture of things like medicine and such since collecting the spiders and antivenins from the spiders. She had been injecting the venoms into the horses and then drawing out the blood an hour later or more even when the venoms had time to develop within the body to make the purified antivenin to protect others. After it was removed from the horses she placed them in glass vials she had found from the abandoned building and used even very small wooden cup like things that had a cork in the top she had them with her and placed them in a little box she would store for later. After she finished she petted the three horses she had borrowed from the farm and fed them before she would take them back to the farm they lived in.
[html]

Domonick was wandering around the place he now resided. The air smelled great. He could hear the sounds of nature. The birds were chirping. He could hardly believe that just yesterday he was a wanderer and now he was a member of this pack. He knew that he really should get to know others, if he was ever going to be a true member, he shouldn't be a stranger. He didn't know anyone else here, the only ones he had talked to were Pontiac, Delwyn and Jefferson, the people that had greeted him into the pack.

He had been wandering around and noticed a cabin, the the vines of the ivy clinging onto it's sides. Well, better meet the neighbors I guess., he said aloud to any creature within listening distance. He walked up to the cabin, tugging at his leather shirt he had put on, after he had changed into his Optime form earlier that day, he wanted to take the kinks out of staying in one form for long. He wasn't used to this form, it had been several weeks since he had shifted, the feeling was slightly uncomfortable, like trying to get back into a habit that you stopped and suddenly jumped back in to.

He walked up to the cabin and heard someone out back. He wandered around and noticed a female tending to horses. Horses? I didn't think I would see those here. he thought to himself, he hadn't seen horses for awhile, the last ones were wild mustangs several miles from here. He stopped where he was and spoke, Wow, I haven't seen horses for a long time. What do you use them for? Food?

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Angel nodded as she kept tending to the horses upon hearing the words of another. "Yeah, we have a farm that was abandoned and we have animals we take care of. You could use these for food if you wished but I am using these for antivenins for if you get bit by a poisonous spider. We have them in parts of the unclaimed lands to the southern most part of our borders too. Snakes will be next after these three rest up." she spoke as the blackened female turned and faced the new wolf and smiled. Her smile was that of a warm welcome and a robins song on a new spring day as she spied this new male. Her ice blue eyes were lit brightly in the light of the sun with the shade of the trees still blocking it out.

"You look new here. I am Angelique du Coudray. Apothecary in training. And you are? Oh, hold this too please."

Angel spoke as she held out a box containing the antivenins and held the rope harness in her other hand on the horses face she had made. She had them tied out here to a stake and was surprised to see how well they behaved! It was obvious one was working with them for sure other than her. Once the male would take the box she would put the horses back in the roundpen she had built the other day for them to rest up in. With the way the weather was they were okay to sleep outside for a night without shelter until she led them back to the farm in the morning.
[html]

Domonick smiled, "So this antivenom stuff makes side affects the venom of anything poisonous that bites you?". He didn't quite know what exactly antivenom was, he was never taught it during his short life in his old pack, but he understand the basics of what it did. As the female smiled, he could see the icy blue color of her eyes, Whoa. he muttered to himself. She introduced herself to him, in which he introduced himself as well, "My name is Domonick, training in trying to figure out my place." he scratched his head nervously, making sure he didn't seem like a complete fool.

He took the box she handed to him, "I take it these are those antivenoms you were talking about?"
Domonick sniffed the air, everything smelled crisp, clean. The weather was amazing today, better than the rainy day he had to deal with on his first day here. His tail wagged calmly behind him, showing his good mood. He couldn't help but be happy, he had no reason not to be. He squinted his eyes and glanced up at the bright sky and watched the clouds float by, thinking about how calm it was here. He turned back to Angelique,

"Care to show me what else you do at this place?" he asked, trying to get to know her better.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Angel smiled as she listened to Domonick. "Basically if you get bitten by a poisonous spider, the antivenin acts on the poison in your system until it leaves your body. Without the antivenin you could die. Its why I am collecting it for future uses. And I kept pets!" she said as she pointed to glass jars full of spiders. Several different species actually. "And do not worry about your place. If you like, I can teach you first aid things such as basic first aid as well as some herbalism techniques for medicinal herbs as time goes on. I don't mind taking on an apprentice." she spoke as she gave a smile to him.

"Those are indeed the antivenins. Please don't drop them. They are very fragile. You can see how much is in each one right? Well, imagine the venom of a spider. A drop of venom that can kill you measures to the tip of a blade of grass. Sometimes it takes more. But some spiders, one bite can kill you within hours if not minuets." she spoke as she gave a shrug. "Like I said, its the reason why I have the antivenins. To keep you protected. And the more I collect the better. Sometimes it will take more than one vial to keep you from dying."

In reality being poisoned was very dangerous! She had all her snake antivenins and her scorpion ones. Bees were no issue unless you were allergic. Angel asked what else she did here and she gave a smile. "Well, I mentioned herbalism earlier. I also collect herbs and store them for later use. Inside my cabin is an assortment of jars and such either filled with water and leaves, berries, roots, and other assortments all for the purpose of first aid. Come, I shall show you." After setting the horses inside the round-pen she locked the gate and went to her cabin and waited for him to follow before coming inside.
[html]

Domonick flinched slightly, and forced a nervous smile, “Spiders, never been a big fan. I used to wake up with them covering me all the time.” He said, remembering his times wandering alone. He pushed those thoughts aside, he had to start thinking about is new life. There was no reason he should think about his past, but he couldn’t help referring to it. It was a part of who he was, something that was going to take a while to push aside. He smiled as she mentioned taking on an apprentice, “That actually sounds good, I just might have to take you up on that offer in the future.” There couldn’t be any harm in learning a new school, so why should I not take her up on it, he thought to himself.

“That small of an amount, wow.” He said, surprised that something from that small of a creature can harm other things more than four times its size. He never thought that something so small would be able to kill him. He let out a small shudder, thinking about getting bit.
He shifted his weight listening to her, it was truly interesting. He had never heard about this type of stuff before. He followed after her as she left where the horses were and followed her up to the cabin, looking at it as he walked behind her, “Wow, this place is,” he had to think about the right words to use, ”it’s pretty.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Angel chuckled as he came inside the cabin. It was rather dusty inside the cabin as she walked in and lit candles. "Nah since my venom collection it has been quite dirty. I haven't had the time to clean it." Angel spoke as she soon took the box and put it in a chest where she kept other medicine vials and such. In other jars on the counter were leaves and berries and water as well as roots and even a deceased creature or two. These were all to help in first aid.

In places towards the back of the cabin were animals that had either bandages on or they had blankets on them because they were sick. They remained in cages or those that could not move were in beds that were sort of poofy and made it more comfortable for them. There were a couple foxes, a mouse or two, even a couple muskrats. Some prey animals as well yes like a fawn and an elk calf, but some one had to help take care of them.
[html]
Sorry for it being so short Sad

Domonick looked at the variety of items everywhere. Wow. I haven’t seen anything like this. He knelt down to the injured animals. I know how it feels little guys. he said, his voice hushed. He smiled, wishing them the best. He stood back up, How do you do it? I mean, how’d you learn all this? He was intrigued; this concept was knew to him. All he knew about health was that if a bone broke, splint it. He chuckled, Is it magic? This to him didn’t seem too far from the truth. He had no idea how it worked, it might as well have been. He eyed some of the things lying around. He noticed something that he actually knew about, a berry that tasted pretty good actually. He didn’t think that it had any health benefits whatsoever.

He asked her, So if I get bit by a spider, you can inject some of that stuff into me and I’ll be all better? He had a hard time believing that something like that could happen, turning nature against its own works.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Angel smiled as she listened to what he spoke and what he had asked. "It depends on if your body rejects the venom or not, but yes eventually you do feel better. It might take one vial, it might take eighty. That is why I am making as many as I can to make sure others don't get sick or even killed by the venom of other animals. Snakes and scorpions are the scariest ones. The smallest scorpion can inject the most lethal venom you can ever think of and the most aggressive snake can do the same at times. One must be careful. When I traveled through old ruins of places I happened to stumble on pictures and other books on these things so that's partially where I learned all of these things, but I also have been taught from my own mother as well. She was a great Apothecary in our old pack before I came here. She passed down her knowledge to me and I intend to pass it down to my own pups one day." when she mentioned her own pups a saddened look came upon her face but she passed it away as quickly as she could. "Until then, I intend on taking apprentices so long as they wish to learn it themselves as well."
[html]

Domonick's eyes got wide, he thought about the snakes he had eaten in the wild. He also thought about all the traveling he had done, sleeping among the spiders and scorpions. I must be lucky as hell then, not having had been bitten or stung at all. he chuckled. He shivered, hearing this information only adding to his phobia of spiders, snakes he had no problems with, he could avoid them if he saw them, but spiders always seemed to sneak up when you least expect it.

Domonick turned his attention back to Angel, Your mother taught you? ,he liked hearing about other people's parents, it makes him happy to know that others got to know theirs, even if he never truly knew his. It must be difficult to learn all of this. I mean, just by me looking around at all these things, I can't imagine learning it by pictures, even if you have someone helping you. he chuckled and added, but then again, I've always been a really bad learner. He looked around again, his eyes looking back at the spiders, he shuddered and muttered to himself, I hate those things, hate'em, hate'em.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Angel nodded. "Well it depends on the learner yes like you said but I don't think you would be a bad learner. You just need to be hands on. I find that I retain information better that way if I worked with my hands. Come I shall show you." Angel spoke knowing she had to change the bandages of one of her 'patients'. Seeing the fox below her with the splint on its leg she unwrapped it to see that it was healing nicely. The wound has fractured when the fox tripped and a cut was severe on its leg. She had done her own practical stitches and soon it was healing. "Now, this will be pretty basic but I would like for you to re-wrap its leg in fresh bandages. Think you can do that? This fox is nervous with new faces but so long as you talk to it and are calm you will do just fine." she spoke as she set down the box of all her first aid items such as linen bandaging, thread, wool bandaging, pads made of cloth for gauze pads and other such items that could be used. After that she walked away but of course would keep an eye on him still smiling.
[html]

Domonick took a deep breathe and gulped, You want me to...change his bandages? He gulped again and took the bandages from Angelique and knelt down by the fox, trying to hold his hands steady and calm the fox, he spoke in a shushed voice, I'm a good guy, I'm here to help you. He felt awkward, he had never done anything like this before, hell he didn't even bandage himself when he was hurt, just licked his wound clean and keep on going, but he guessed that since he was in a pack now, he should learn how to do things the right way.

He placed a bandage under the fox's leg and began wrapping it around slowly, almost whispering aloud, See, everything is fine. As soon as he had finished he cocked his head to the side and let his ears fall back against his head and turned around to Angel, There, I didn't do to bad did I? He asked as he eyed his work. He let out a small sigh and chuckled, thought to himself, If an infection ends up coming as an result after this, I'm screwed. Certainly that won't happen...hopefully it won't. Will it be my fault? He felt weird, never having done anything medical before. He gave Angel a hopeful look.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Angel nodded and watched from afar and saw he had done fairly well! Clapping him on the shoulder she nodded and smiled. "Good! Very well done. Now remember that when you finish you don't want the ends coming undone so make sure you use the wooden tacks and slide it in the ends to the main fabric to hold it." Pulling out two nail looking like pieces of wood and slipped them into the ends of the fabric and then moved back to look at her handywork. "Not bad! I think you will make a good apprentice, Domonik!" she spoke as she went back the counter as she put the box away. The fox soon gave Domonick a lick on his arm to show that he was grateful for changing the bandage.
[html]

Domonick smiled, I did good? He hadn't heard that in a long time, appraisal for doing something. It made him happy, his soul was lifted a little. Thank you! I've never done this before, so I guess it was pretty cool to do. He laughed as the fox licked his arm, No problem little guy.

He patted the fox on the head and scratched behind his ear. He stood up and turned to Angel, Do you really think so? he scratched his head, I've never apprenticed before. He looked down at his scarred hand and flexed it. Looking back up to Angel, Hell, do you think I would be good with my hands? he held up his scarred hand. I mean, I'm not horrible with it, but I've only ever used this thing to get food, not really protect something. He dropped his hand to his side, thoughts flooding his mind. He tried to push these memories out of his mind, he had enough of them, but they kept on flooding back. He shook his head and thought about the current, not about the past. He simply smiled and looked at Angel, I think that I could easily do anything with this thing.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
"I think though you have the scarring on your hands from past events that you will do just fine. I see no issues. What limits can your hands go to if any at all?" Angel asked out of curiosity for reasons being for doing procedures like stitching a wound which took a good eye and a good set of steady hands of course. Angel took a closer look at them to be sure and nodded. "Yep, they look okay enough to me." she spoke to herself as she went back to the cages and began feeding her patients and checking their injuries, their health, etc.

"And so long as you put your mind to it you can do anything, Domonick." she smiled as she turned her head back to look at him briefly before facing the cage with a large raccoon in it. Angel had a tough time with this one all the time. Especially since it had a broken tail that he didn't like being touched and the only way into the cage was where his mouth was pointed. "Alright you. I need to get to your tail and unless you want it cut off for not healing properly you will let me at it to fix it." as she tried to go in he snapped his fangs at her and she scoffed and shook her head. "I hate it when he does this."
[html]

Domonick clenched his hand and then unclenched them a few times. I've had no limits on it, it gets sore every now and then, but nothing too bad. The truth was, every once and awhile, a searing pain would shoot across his hand, but he learned to deal with it and brush it off. He learned to not let it take control of him, to weigh him down. He smiled, Great

He watched her walk over to the animals and begin feeding them. He followed shortly after her, watching. As the raccoon snapped at her, he walked over and bent over near the cage. Looks like someone is in a bad mood. he stared at the raccoon, You really should listen to her, I mean come on, look at that, without her help you...well it really looks like you'll lose it. He laughed at himself, look at him, talking to animals that probably didn't understand him, he had heard of a few who actually could learn the language, but he doubted he would find any around her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Of course the animal didn't understand her but it understood the feelings of the others so it calmed down. A little. It was still iffy about the whole situation and probably after the first night if she was successful in healing it he wouldn't have issues coming to her later. For now, if she hurt it, he would bite. As he turned partially to allow Angel access to it Angel had to smile. "That's better." she spoke as she soon reached in to unwrap the bandages of the tail. The coon growled in warning but Angel hushed at it to keep it quiet which worked partially. As she unwrapped the tail she looked down and saw that it had become infected. "Not good..." she spoke softly as she could smell the infection raising from the tail where it had broke. It had gotten through the skin somewhere it seemed. "Domonick, in my box is a vial with clear liquid in it and a sharp, and I mean sharp, needle in the end with a push button on the other. Will you bring it to me?" she asked silently. Of course the coon would hear but he pretended not to. It was lucky that she had found a syringe in one of the broken down ruins she had explored for it had other first aid items it seemed by whatever used them in the past. In the vial it had her own liquid of sleepy juice. She would have to remove the tail. It would be an unfortunate thing, but it would make the tail heal easier.
[html]

Domonick looked at the tail, it looked strange. He looked away, it was disturbing. He couldn't imagine losing his tail, he could just imagine how the animal would feel losing his. His tail tucked close to him in response to the thoughts. Domonick stood up and walked over to where she told him to go. He reached into the box to get what she told him. He lifted up the syringe. He hadn't seen anything like it before, it was a very intriguing looking device. Domonick handed her the syringe Here yah go. and sat down again, looking at the other things around.

He felt sorry for the poor thing. He kept staring at the other objects. He could hear the raccoon let out soft noises. His ears pressed flat against his head, Damn it, why does it gotta make those noises? he thought to himself. He tried to press his thoughts on other things. He looked back at the other animals.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
((Had ooc thing to do. Sorry.))

Angel smiled as the male became uncomfortable with the noises and she smiled. He would get used to it overtime for sure. As Angel continued to work on the tail of the raccoon until she made a mistake. She gripped the tail a little too hard and then the coon turned and bit her arm.

"Ow! Dammit!"

Angel shouted out loud before gripping the scruff of the coon and held it down. "Hold still dammit!" Once she got the tail done she shoved the coon in the corner of the cage and shut it. Her arm bled down to the floor and she looked to Domonick for help.

"If you could get into the box there, bring out a large gauze pad and some of the linen cloth bandages please."
[html]

No worries! As long as everything is okay, besides I was gone for a bit too.

Domonick's flinched as he saw the coon bite her. He jump up from his seat, his ears flat against his head. As she told him to get the bandages he grabbed them off of the shelf and walked back over to her, holding the items in his hands, unsure of what to do.

"Do you need me to try and do anything?" He asked her. He wasn't sure he could do much, but he would at least try, getting bit wasn't the best feeling in the world, that he knew for pure fact. He stood beside her, the other animals making noise to the small uproar. He tilted his head and let out a low grunt, "Would you guys keep quite!" He didn't expect anything, but hell it was worth a shot. He eyed her bite, it didn't look too bad, but then again he didn't know much about medical things. "Does it hurt?" What a stupid question!

<style>
</style>
[/html]