A new Life
These lands were new to her, but not too new. She had been onto this continent for a month now, and she had yet to run into a new face. The scent of wolves became overwhelmingly strong since she had come upon the beach, she hoped soon she would come across others. It was driving her crazy being alone like this for so long, her mind was plagued by the thought that she should have stayed at home in Europe. It was too late to turn back now, she was stuck here. A heavy sigh escaped her as her head fell. She sat down upon the beach taking in the sounds of the waters crashing against the shore. It was rather chilly and her paws were starting to feel like they were freezing. Every-so-often she would shiver letting out a small whimper of defiance against the cool cloudy day.

Unknowing to her this place was dubbed Quartz Shore, that fact she could careless about, she was more please with how the smell of salt water refreshed her sinus'. Her unique colored eyes took in the water's horizon as she lifted her head, ears forward. That lasted for only a few seconds as she flicked them back; the small breeze caused her fur to tickle the insides of her ear causing for a minor irritation. She let out a small groan as her mind was causing her some strife. This loneliness was eating at her to the point that she was about to befriend a crab just to get over it. Her eyes began to look around as the idea didn't seem so bad, maybe she could find a friendly one! The thought made her laugh inside.

Standing she shook some of the sand from her coat and began to trot along the shoreline. She was utterly graceful in her movements, her paws lining up one behind the other as she moved. The determination in her eyes was almost captivating. Her eyes soon spotted a living creature, a turtle. Being too anxious she ran after it. The moment she darted to its direction it took to the water. She stopped moving letting out a huff, "Fine! Don't be my friend!" She yelled at it. Even yelling her voice sounded kind and gentle, it had a tone to it that betrayed the anger or frustration that she displayed. Her eyes looked around. They held a sadness making her look like a puppy. Granted she was just a year, but she was no puppy puppy, by any means. She was pretty much her full size now, and not about to grow much more, if any.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.undisclosed b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.undisclosed p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.undisclosed {width:400px;border:1px solid #4e6b6a;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... closed.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:275px;background-color:#09154c;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#7279b9;}
</style>

Hello! wc-445

After finally being able to speak with his niece about what happened between him and Naniko, Ehno had felt rather restless around home. Cambria was still bitter with him, and rightly so, and he knew his meekly offered apologies and explanations wouldn’t do him much good, even before he tried to speak with her. He kept picturing the hurt and angry expression on her face when he lingered around Haven Manor, and he knew that he would have to get away for a little while.

The Italian man was quick to retreat to Phoenix Valley to spend time with his children. They seemed to grow more and more each time he saw them, and he could hardly believe that it had already been six months since they came and brightened up his life. Each day that went by, the four children were looking less and less like pups, and more like the fine adults they were growing into. But to Ehno, no matter how big they grew, they would always be his little ones. Even with such an outlook, the man was still sure to cherish every moment he had with them while they were young, knowing their youthful play could only last so long. With that in mind, he had lingered around the Valley pack lands for a few more days.

He would head back home to Crimson Dreams tonight, but for now he was content to spend some time out by the shores near the pack Naniko and the children called home. The ocean and the sound of its soothing waves were calling him, and he obliged, following the open plains to the sandy shores ahead. He ventured near this area of Nova Scotia often, though seldom did he take the time to linger near these shores. The sands here were much smoother than the rocky shores to the west and provided quite a spectacular sight. The Dreamer male found himself smiling as he stepped onto the sandy beach, amber gaze silently taking in the scenery. Waves tenderly lapped against the shore, the gentle ‘whoosh’ a familiar lullaby. Yet the soft sounds of the sea were not the only to be heard, and the shout of a voice farther down the coast caught his attention.

His gaze darted quickly in the direction of the sound, and he soon found his feet following it as well. He was soon able to make out the figure of another out near the water. Ehno continued toward the stranger, and as the distance between them shrank more and more, he found himself calling out to them. “Everything alright over there?” he asked, words dancing with his accent.

[/html]
OOC: 'ello! ^^

Her ears flickered as her eyes narrowed. She was contemplating on what to do with herself now, but just then she heard a voice. Instantly she perked and turned her head looking behind her to the canine. The shock of seeing another was not hidden as her eyes widened and a large smile formed upon her muzzle, ears perked in a very alert manner. She was so excited her tail almost did not wag. Quickly, she attempted to calm herself but that was virtually impossible for her. Whirling around in a flash, her body was facing him. At this point his words were lost to her, she did not even register them--that she could remember. For what would seem an eternity to her, she forgot how to speak. Did she forget to breath for a moment? I think she did. Taking in a large breath of air she finally spoke.

"What?" That was all her sweet voice could manage to say. Then her ears went back as she felt utterly stupid in a matter of one word. As quick as she could she tried to retract her words, "I-I mean, uh.." Just as she felt like she was going to cry her mind finally recovered his words, or question for that matter, "..yeah! Yeah, I am fine." Thank god for fur, or her cheeks would be as red as blood. However, her body language betrayed her as it showed her emotions and thoughts like a book. Sitting, she looked up into his eyes like a puppy caught getting into mischief. Despite everything she was still trying to recover herself, "My name is Adonia Demos..." She looked down for a moment then back up to his face and eyes.

Finally, she was beginning to wind down becoming more aware of her surroundings. She couldn't help but notice the many scents upon him. Maybe he was in a pack, maybe she accidentally came upon pack territory. Shock came to her face as she lifted her posture into an alert one looking around, trying to discreetly search for markers. Her couth was lost as panick set in once more. "I didn't do something wrong did I? Is this claimed territory!?" She gulped in fear as she stood quickly ready to flee if need be. Oh god, I come across my first canine and I blow it! Oh god...what do I do! Her mind was panicking and she could not stop it. She was so full of fear and nervousness.
[html]

Big Grin wc-361

Pleasantly, when the stranger turned to face him, she seemed quite excited. The large smile that blossomed onto her features prompted one of his own to form, and he smiled kindly at her when he stopped a few feet away. Ever the social butterfly, Ehno was always eager to meet new people. It was always encouraging to meet someone who appeared to be just as eager as he was. It seemed his solitary trip to the beach wouldn’t be so solitary after all.

When the girl finally responded with a blunt question of her own, the Dreamer couldn’t help but grin in response. He hadn’t entirely expected her to catch his question as he approached, so while her initial response wasn’t entirely surprising to him, he did find it amusing. She quickly stammered on, trying to save face, and eventually she proved that she had caught his question after all. “Good,” he said, glad to see that all was well. The girl appeared to be quite embarrassed about her little slip up as she slid into a sitting position at stared up at him. The man simply smiled back at her, silently showing her that she had no reason to be embarrassed. His new acquaintance introduced herself and he nodded briefly in response. “It’s a pleasure, Adonia. I’m Ehno Marino.” His smile brightened a bit as he spoke.

He blinked in surprise at her next outburst and the swift motion as she leapt to her feet, not expecting the pair of nervous questions she threw at him. He got over his shock quickly, shaking his head and waving his hands briefly as if to dismiss her fears. “No, no. You’ve done nothing wrong. These are free lands here,” he explained, making a broad sweeping motion with one arm to indicate the shores they stood on. “Though there is a pack called Phoenix Valley not too far west of here that does have a claim on much of this coast.” They were awfully close to some of the Valley’s borders, but the stretch of beach they stood upon was far enough to the east that it was out of the pack’s reach.

[/html]
OOC: sowwy, it kinda stinks..Sad

The moment he said that it was neutral territory her head snapped forward looking at him with a, are you sure look. He confirmed it with a wave of his arm. She let out a sigh, then an apologetic expression, "I am sorry, I am very new to this area...I traveled from across the great waters." Her ears pin back as her eyes wonder from the soft sand to his golden eyes. "It is nice to meet you, sir." She adds for a moment, then goes on, "Are you from that pack?" She inquires. She wondered if there were many packs around here, the smell of many wolves was all she noticed, and it seemed like it was either a very large pack, or multiple packs.

"My Father was in a pack once, he was chased out when he fell in love with my mother..." she says sort of randomly. Adonia spoke her mind a lot, mainly because she just spoke what her mind thought. She didn't share all of what she thought, but a good 50% or more of what she thought. Secrets could be kept by her, but it was not easy. If someone told her a secret it was best to let her know it was a secret so she could force herself to forget all about it. For a moment she wondered if he could tell she was not all wolf, so many others for some odd reason could not tell. Wolfs knew she was not all wolf, but dogs thought she were all wolf. It was just a matter of a skilled nose and sense of detail that gave away she was a wolfdog.
[html]

Nah, it's fine. :] wc-440

A warm smile continued to rest upon his muzzle as she offered an apology and an explanation of her lack of knowledge of the area that immediately caught his interest. It seemed that he had stumbled upon another soul from across the ocean. “It seems we have something in common,” he began, an excited twinkle in his eyes. “I was born in Italia, across the sea. Where are you from?” His question was eager, friendly. He couldn’t distinguish any particularly familiar accent in her speech, and it was likely that he had never had the opportunity to visit whatever lands she called home. “And please, just call me Ehno,” he added with a light, amiable laugh. Ehno’s open and friendly nature gave him a natural aversion to such formal titles such as ‘sir’ unless absolutely necessary.

He shook his head briefly at her question. “No, I actually live in another pack, further west, called Crimson Dreams,” he said, nodding his head in the general direction of his home before adding, “Though my children live with their mother here in this pack. I came here for a while to visit them.” He kept the explanation short and sweet for the moment. There was no need for him to go diving into the intricacies of that situation unless the girl actually cared to listen. She went on to share a little bit about herself, mentioning that her father was once a pack wolf. “Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. I imagine it must have been rough. Though they certainly don’t sound like much of a pack, chasing out one of their members for falling in love,” he commented, brow furrowing slightly. It was then a thought occurred to him, that perhaps Adonia and her family had come here to find a new home. But he hadn’t noticed anyone but the girl herself around.

“Have you come here alone?” he asked, glancing around briefly in search of any other nearby souls. Neither sight nor scent gave him any sign of others in the immediate area. He returned his gaze to her own striking blue eyes. “It’s quite a journey to come across the ocean by yourself.” Ehno knew from experience just how daunting it could be to find oneself all alone in lands far from home. He’d ended up stranded in Nova Scotia by chance, with no one by his side. It seemed to be a common problem for the Marinos, considering that his two sisters faced much the same thing when first arriving in these lands themselves. The Dreamer hoped that his new acquaintance didn’t have to face this problem as well.

[/html]
She smiled for a moment, her ears alert to what he had to say, "I was born in Greece, but my family was not originally from there...I have a long lineage over in ...Europe-I think that is what it is called." Her eyes looked to the general direction in which he pointed to. Soon her eyes came back to his listening intently, "So, your mated to a female in a different pack, then?" She had found that interesting since where she came from everyone kinda seemed adverse to anyone different. It was odd to hear of such acceptance.

Her ears folded back a little, "Oh...well it was unacceptable for my father to have mated with a wolfdog...though, he told me he does not regret having my brother and I but he does regret mating my mother. I don't disagree with him. She's rather...um, how do I put this...off? A little too much damage to her brain?" She tried to be light-hearted about it, but it didn't come off as she planned instead it had come off rather awkward. Looking down she tried to devise a way to get off that subject, but soon he spoke of something else.

Her two-toned eyes study him for a moment, "Oh, yes..once again a long story, but yes, I am alone..." She wanted to add that was why she was trying to befriend a turtle, but thought better of it. Her shoulders shrugged, "Yeah, but..it is time for me to start my own life..." It was true, she was an adult now, one whole year old. It was kind of nice to be on her own, but quite lonely and scary all at the same time. Her father had mentioned for her to join a pack, but she was nervous as she knew not many accept wolfdogs-or so she thought.
[html]

wc-468

“Greece?” he repeated, the name rolling off his accented tongue. “I have never been there, but I have travelled through much of Europe. It is good to meet someone else from there,” he said, a friendly grin brightening up his features. The girl offered him another question and the grin faltered. He reached with one hand and scratched absent-mindedly at his lengthening mane, uttering a quiet, slightly ashamed laugh. “It’s a bit… complicated. We aren’t exactly mates. Friends, really.” He shrugged slightly, unsure how exactly he felt about the D'Angelo woman or how to describe their relationship. “She used to belong to my pack, but some unforeseen circumstances led to her leaving.” The woman, Naniko, had previously been the leader of Crimson Dreams, but falling victim to a drug addiction and leaving her drugs out in the open where it had harmed another pack member – Ehno’s young niece, specifically – had led to her expulsion. Complicated could only just begin to cover it.

Ehno’s amber gaze watched the girl closely as she explained her father’s situation. Her subtle movements and the way she danced around the subject told him that it was an uncomfortable one to bring up, and from the sound of things, he couldn’t blame her. In fact, the Dreamer male could sympathize with her situation, in part. “Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Such an unreasonable way for a pack to behave.” He shook his head, finding no logical reason at all for a pack to look down upon wolfdogs, though he knew from experience just how unreasonable people could be. “I suppose I understand how you feel about your mother, though. My father wasn’t exactly the best. Simply abandoned my mother, siblings, and I because we were conceived out of mateship, and the pack didn’t like that.” The bitterness he felt toward the man was clear in his words. Ehno left the subject alone after that, knowing exactly how unpleasant dwelling on such a thing could be.

Another kind smile slipped onto his features as the subject shifted direction. It was a shame that the girl was all alone so far from home, but she seemed to have a positive attitude about it, starting her own life. “Going out and seeing the world is a great way to do that,” he commented. “I’d done a bit of soul-searching and traveling myself, when I was younger. Probably around the same age as you, I’d guess.” He eyed the wolfdog girl as he spoke. She seemed young, perhaps already crossing the threshold of adulthood. “Are you just passing through this region, or were you thinking of settling around here for a bit?” he asked, friendly curiosity dancing in his voice. There were certainly plenty of interesting sights for her to see around the territories of Nova Scotia.

[/html]
[html]

^^ yay!

She listened very intently to the male before her, her mind wondered how he could have children without being mated, or how it could be complicated. No relationship should be that complicated....should it? The wolf husky had never actually had a relationship, she had had many crushes, but never an actual relationship. She wondered what it was like to have someone love you, or adore you in that way. Did he have that? Was that the reason they were not together, was that why she left, taking his children from him. Life never seemed easy, nothing came easy. Why did it have to be complicated?

Her eyes look curiously, head tilted slightly "You aren't that old? You don't seem much over 2 years.." she said. Adonia was never very good at judging of age, but the male spoke as if he were 20 years on this planet. It was amusing to her how one so young can act so old at times. She was a little over a year...her father only celebrated her months of age. It was a family tradition to stop at a year...so her year old birthday was overlooked by everyone except her. Adonia felt every year was important, every year on this planet was another year smarter and another year blessed.

A large smile crossed her muzzle, "I am hoping to find something here...don't know what, but something. Well...maybe I have an idea...what I want that something is... love, adventure, a home, and fun. " The female was insecure at times, but she had a sense of what she wanted, what she liked and what she did not. She stuck up for what she believed in and she was kind, courteous, polite, diplomatic, and understanding. She was not simple, she was complicated, and she hoped to find a place where she belonged, and hoped it was here in these lands.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Soooo sorry for my delay here. :[ wc 343

When the girl commented about his age, he laughed light-heartedly and scratched briefly at his wavy mane in a slightly abashed manner. “Going to be hitting 4 years, sooner or later. Still got that same vivacity from back then, though,” he joked with a grin. Just a few months off, and his fourth birthday would be rolling around. He certainly wasn’t old, by any means, nor did he feel it, though at times when he reminisced upon all the memories of his journeying, it often felt like he had fit a lifetime into one short year. Seeing the youthful wolfdog here, newly arrived in strange lands, ready to start her own journey through life, it reminded him of when he first left home as a yearling. He couldn’t believe that so much time had passed since then.

Ehno nodded enthusiastically when the girl briefly explained herself. She had a bit of an idea in mind, and a whole new land before her. She would certainly be able to find what she was looking for here, given enough time. “There will be plenty of that for you here,” he said. He’d discovered that much during his time here. “And there are plenty of packs around the area. I’m sure you’ll be able to find the perfect home with one of them, should you decide to settle down somewhere.” Each of the packs had their own unique aspects, and Ehno found those he met from the various packlands to be pleasant, for the most part. Aside from the conflict brewing up between Dahlia and Inferni, the lands were usually rather serene. “Do be careful if you venture near some of the claimed lands up north. There’s a bit of a conflict going on between them, so tensions are high,” he shared, voice taking on a bit of a serious edge. He didn’t know much of the details at all, but as far as he knew, the coyotes of Inferni were still warring with the Dahlians, and he was certain the girl would appreciate the warning.

[/html]