Inferni Subterritory Contest
[html]
Inferni Subterritory Contest Voting

Please reply to this topic and indicate which territory you would like to vote for! Please set it up like so:

Subterritory 01 -- D

Streams/Creeks -- A, H, N

Alternatively, if you are uncomfortable with publicising your votes, you may Private Message them to Sie. Big Grin

Reminders

For reference, here is the new map.

Categories

01: Territory 01, Northernmost subterritory, left of Occasus Promontorium in Halcyon Mountain. This would have to be some kind of rocky or mountainous terrain, of course.

02: Territory 02, Westernmost subterritory, above Hades Beach in The Waste. No restrictions here. Smile

03: Territory 03, Centermost subterritory, right of the Hot Springs, in the bend of the creek. No restrictions here, either, but this subterritory was already in existence, so it'd be kind of weird to have a whole village crop up here! Tongue

04: Naming, the Hot Springs

05: Naming, the Caves

06: Naming, the Streams + Creeks (top 3 will be used)

<style type="text/css">
.if_thread_threads {font-family:verdana; color:#CEBCB8; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2pt; text-align:center; width:90px;}
.if_threads_table td { text-align:justify; font-family: arial; font-size:8pt; line-height:9pt; color:#CEBCB8; padding:3px; }
.if_thread_subtitle { text-align: center; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height:12px; font-size:12px; color:#ED4116; border-bottom:1px dashed #DA3209; font-weight: bold; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3px; padding:2px 0px;}
.if_thread_title { font-weight:bold; text-align:left; border-bottom:1px dotted #DA3209; color:#ED4116; font-family:'palatino linotype', georgia, sans-serif; font-size:15px;
line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; padding:0px 0px 0px 10px;}
.if_threads { margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://inferni.soulsrpg.com/images/foru ... hreads.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:400px; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:justify; font-family: arial; font-size:8pt; line-height:9pt; color:#CEBCB8; border:1px dotted #1D1D1D; }
.if_threads p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px; }
.if_threads a:link,.if_threads a:visited {
color:#E32B00; text-decoration:none;}
.if_threads a:hover,.if_threads a:active {
color:#FB522A; text-decoration:underline; }
</style>[/html]
Territory 01

A) Goldsglen Peak
The highest point of Inferni territory, this area has a series of both flat and pointed cliffs that spiral up staircase-style to the top. The peak features a flat cliff, perfect for overlooking the territory and seeing the misty lands far beyond. It also gives a wonderful view of Occasus Promontorium, as well as a limited view to the dead lands on the other side of Halcyon Mountain. The view on the other side is considered Inferni's pride and joy, considering Gabe started the fire and ruined it. The cliffs are not necessarily difficult to climb, but take time to find a decent way up. I also pictured it being called Goldsglen because its view is rather picturesque and the sun shines gloriously upon it. It is one of few places that still captures beauty in Inferni territory.

B) Sierra Aestas (Name Info)
The mountainous region is somewhat treacherous; large stones rise up out of the ground without warning, giving way to steeper and steeper peaks as the clan's territory extends into Halcyon Mountain. Near the foothills of the Sierra Aestas region there are few trees; those that can survive are generally spindly deciduous types, just barely clinging to the loose, rocky soil. Closer toward the peak of the mountain, the slope eases and the trees are much taller, reaching toward the sky, flourishing in the ample sunlight and prime conditions of the mountainside. A sizable population of goats makes its home along the Sierra Aestas slopes, a hardy breed developed from the once-domesticated human farms and the native ungulates. Though they make an excellent meal, they are very fast on their hooves, and on a steep incline most able-bodied goats will easily escape even a Luperci. Where _____ Creek/Stream/whatever springs forth from the deep wells of the mountains, a small waterfall spills over a six foot drop in to a clear, deep pool. This is an excellent fishing spot, especially as fish swim upstream to spawn during their breeding seasons. During the end of these seasons, the pool is literally choked with fish, hundreds of them congregate at the end of _____ Creek/Stream/whatever to complete their breeding cycles. The exquisitely clear water allows a skilled fisherman to take down a huge catch—all the while barely denting the number of fish in the pond.

C) The Fornholt
Located at the base of the mountain, the Fornholt is a foreboding stretch of forest that always seems peculiarly dim. The trees themselves manage to block nearly all direct sunlight from penetrating their boughs, though this is not enough to leave the forest completely dark. A variety of trees can be found here, but the most common are Ash, Oak, and Fir. A singular main path cuts through the woods, and in sections, it is lined by large stones. With a layer of pine needles blanketing sound, this area is particularly excellent for hunting.
Territory 02

A) Noreach Station
An old, abandoned train station now plagued with age and rust. As expected, the small station building still stands, but it is small in size and broken just about everywhere. Dust and cobwebs litter the building's interior; footing is difficult, since the wooden floorboards are weak and dangerous to step on. Outside the station, the tracks are rusted and now obviously pointless, grass peeking through the rails. Off to the side are abandoned trains, all still standing but equally shamed with age -- many windows are broken, the doors don't work, and the trains definitely won't move. Seats are ripped and many collapsed, but moving through the trains' interiors is generally not too difficult. There are three, maybe four trains of differing colors, most of which literally just sitting out on the tracks against the weather and time. A few scattered treasures can be found on the floors, and the possibility to find old, abandoned suitcases is plausible.

B) Devil's Demesne
The low, flat territory of the Waste gives way to rolling hills here; the soil becomes almost sandy near the edges of coyote territory. The land is virtually unable to support anything save the hardiest of scruffy grass and the occasional gnarled, low-leaning bush. The Devil's Demesne isn't too dissimilar from a desert in appearance, but of course the temperature is significantly cooler, the air much damper. An exceptional amount of wind blows through here, carried in from the Bay of Fundy, down through the mountains, or straight across the plains of the Waste. Powerful gusts funnel down through the smooth valleys and large rock formations that make up the craggy foothills of Halcyon Mountains. A long, desolate highway snakes through the low hills, winding up and around the mountain in dizzying twists and turns. Route 32 is dotted with two tiny gas stations, each sporting an overgrown parking lot and a tall sign, barely standing after years of decay. Though both stations have long since been emptied of their valuables, both would make excellent sentry posts should anyone need to defend the northwestern border. Both stations also sport basements capable of housing at least one coyote, prime residence for the more secluded of Inferni's inhabitants.

C) Folly Mountain (Info)
description forthcoming

D) Cobequid Hills + Cobequid Pass (Info, Info)
description forthcoming
Territory 03

A) Peeper Marsh
It's a marsh. The ground is wet and soggy where there is not murky, gross water. There are frogs, and they make peeping sounds. Not much goes on here, but damn it looks and smells nasty. The water's probably diseased or capable of sickening someone. The soggy, wet path snakes through the marsh's center, forking off into random directions, all of which end up at dead ends. Generally speaking, there are only two entrances, so someone trying to get from one end to the other is almost guaranteed to get completely lost. The trees, with crawling vines hanging between one another, stretch up into the sky and nearly hide the sun's rays from the marsh. And damn, it smells.

B) Riparian Moors
The freshwater creek that runs through the center of Inferni down from Halcyon Mountain, _____ Creek/Stream/Whatever is the freshest and best water in the territory, as many will attest to. The stream rarely drops below its normal levels, as it is supplied by a spring up in the Mountain. At almost the dead center of Inferni, there is a particular bend in the stream that harbors vibrant greenery. There is a wide variety of plant life here, sporting up defiantly against the rest of the Waste, which seems all the more barren in comparison to this tiny, lush oasis. The area is picturesque and quite serene, and of course, this small patch of land is among the best hunting in Inferni, as creatures often come to drink from ______ Creek/Stream/Whatever. A thin strip of trees hugs the banks of the creek, giving way to almost heathlike growth further away from the water. The heart of coyote territory is far more serene than one would think with the bones decorating their perimeter.
Naming the Hot Springs

A) St. Menas Springs (Info)

B) Aldebrooke Springs

C) Dabblebrake Springs

D) Crippspoole Springs

E) Grotto dei Avernus (Info)
Naming the Caves
*Please Note:* For A-G, it's not actually "Caves/Caverns" for the name; we just haven't quite decided whether to say caves or caverns! ^_^

A) Frosthold Caves/Caverns

B) Frostwhistle Caves/Caverns

C) Veldenmore Caves/Caverns

D) Lingerleak Caves/Caverns

E) Bodham Caves/Caverns

F) Ainderstin Caves/Caverns

G) Grimwell Caves/Caverns

H) Corycidae Caverns (Info)
Naming the Creeks & Streams
*PLEASE NOTE:* You may select THREE names here. And again, for I-N, we haven't decided whether to call these Creeks, Streams, Rivers, or whatever, so... yeah! Big Grin Happy voting!

A) Acheron - the river of woe

B) Cocytus - the river of lamentation;

C) Phlegethon - the river of fire;

D) Lethe - the river of forgetfulness;

E) Styx - the river of hate

F) Tartarus Tributary (info)

G) Egestes Creek (info)

H) Selemnus Estuary (info)

I) Dorgrass Stream/Creek

J) Boa Stream/Creek

K) Amblelick Stream/Creek

L) Boldensgrove Stream/Creek

M) Asplinways Stream/Creek

N) Saltbrooke Stream/Creek
VOTING TALLIES

Subterritory 01
A) IIII
B) II
C) III

Subterritory 02
A) II
B) IIIIII
C) I
D)

Subterritory 03
A) III
B) IIIIII

Hot Springs Names
A) III
B) I
C)
D)
E) IIIII

Caves
A) II
B)
C) I
D)
E)
F) I
G) IIIII
H)

Naming the Creeks/Streams
A) IIII
B) II
C)
D) IIIII
E) III
F)
G) I
H) II
I) I
J) I
K) II
L) I
M) I
N) IIII
1 = c
2 = b
3 = b
4 = e
5 = g
6 = h, k, n
Wooooo!~

1 — B
2 — B
3 — B
4 — E
5 — C
6 — D, J, N
1 — A
2 — B
3 — B
4 — A
5 — G
6 — D, I, L
A, A, B, A, H, (H, B, G)

>:O
01. A
02. B
03. A
04. F
05. H
06. C, E, D
1. A
2. B
3. A
4. E
5. G
6. A, E, K
1-B
2-B
3-B
S-B
C-F (finally not B?? O_o)
C&S-A,D,E
1 - A
2 - B
3 - B
4 - E
5 - A
6 - A M N
*twitch*
1- C
2- A
3- A
4- E
5- G
6- E, D, B
I'm only putting this here temporarily in case I need to edit because I no has mod powers in the leader forum. XD

Also, I'm voting late because I'M GANGSTER and I can. >_>

C
C
A
A
G
A, D, N

Big Grin
have you added my votes? i had a C on the creeks, but that spot still seems completely empty :-(
Since there is a four-way tie for the most votes on the creeks + streams, the inlet/bay area where the creeks connect to the bay of Fundy will be called Saltbrooke Inlet/Bay/something or other. Big Grin

Subterritory 01
A) 11111 Goldsglen Peak
B) 11
C) 111

Subterritory 02
A) 11
B) 1111111 (devil's demesne)
C) 1
D)

Subterritory 03
A) 1111
B) 111111 (Riparian Moors)