Discovery
[html]

OOC No worries, I didn't really leave you with much to do. Sorry. Smile

WC 404

A moment ago she had been calm, but the longer Niro waited to get this show on the road the more antsy she became. She wasn’t sure if she should stand up, or stay seated, or what. Wanting to hurry him along but knowing he would need his strength in case he had to support her if she fell through, she waited impatiently.

Finally he gave her the command. She sprang to her feet and bounded out onto the open, unstable floor once again. Long strides were the key, but it was difficult to manage being as short as she was. Luckily, she was also light, and with the few thudding footfalls she got away with any other larger Luperci would have certainly fallen through.

The boards moaned underfoot and she suddenly found herself wishing for the magical powers many of her novels talked about. Some people could levitate, fly even, and she now dearly wished that she had this ability.

It was almost as though she did, though, with as graceful as she made even this haphazard stunt seem. Her pink dreadlocks bounced on her shoulders as she sped towards Niro. Each time her weight pressed down onto the wood there was an ominous crack, and she thought for sure she would fall through the next one. . .

. . . but she didn’t.

Just steps away from her brother, she couldn’t resist the urge to close her eyes again. She was facing forward and he would catch her soon, so what was the worst that could happen? Two more steps; she would make it! And suddenly there was a tugging at her back, and she lurched to a stop.

Opening her eyes, she glanced around in bewilderment. She was looking out over the workroom, and around her was the stairwell; at her stomach, the railing. She spun to face Niro, and almost laughed when she realized she had run right past him and almost threw herself over the other side! Then she did laugh. It was a silly, hysterical little sound that held all of what probably the both of them were feeling. She sat down on the first step and hunched forward, the rope still tight around her waist. “Oh my god,” she panted. “Shut that door. I never want to even think about that room again.” But before he could, she reached out and hugged him around the knees.

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: WC: 349

Niro clung on tightly making sure he’d be anchored if she fell through, he watched as she ran, it was so fast, yet it felt like it took her a month just to get over it. Every crack he heard from underneath her made him grit his teeth and hold his breath ready for the fall that was bound to happen, but it didn’t his heart soared as he watched his sister run right past him, and keep running, he was smiling with reliefas he felt the tug from the other side of him. He turned around as soon as she found her own feet and knew she wasn’t head down through the boards. Then as she laughed, he couldn’t help but laugh. He had to admit it was quite invigorating, no matter how scary it was.

Don’t… EVER do that again.

He panted still chuckling with the whole ordeal. She made it back, she was safe. He looked into the room and saw how lucky she was. He could see her path, the wood that she cracked, some of it had come up in splinters. Well he knew what to do to surprise her, he knew she wouldn’t want anything to do with up above for a while. He smiled on the inside, and turned back to his sister, finally feeling like he could breath again. Just then Orin was hugging his legs and he felt flush of pride go through him. He bent down and hugged his sister tightly and properly.

I promised I’d never let anything happen to you, and that’s going to stay for as long as you live. Let’s get some fresh air, we both will need it.

He stood up and started at his knots he made on the rope, well, he did a damn good job he was having a hard tie with them right now, he worked on it as he started descending the stairs. If Orin needed a little breather he was sure she’d stay, unless she was having as difficult of time as he was with her own rope.

[/html]
[html]

OOC This was so fun. Closing posts time, methinks?

WC 393

Her arms clung to her brother tightly as he hugged her. Sometimes, it was like no ground was stable unless he was right there to protect her, and with as many days like these it was pretty much true. She didn’t let go of the embrace for a long time, but finally did when Niro began to fidget with his end of the rope.

Her heart tripped as he repeated his promise. The one and only thing the girl had ever had in the world was her brother, and the thought of him ever not being there, of losing him for any reason, was frightening. But the worst thought of all was that one day he might just get tired of saving her. . . a small and unlikely possibility, yet still a rational fear she sometimes felt after days like these. But now she felt secure. He always made her feel safe, emotionally as well.

Nodding to her brother, she stood up. “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.” She followed him down the stairs while she worked at untying her own tether. She wanted to just rip it in half but had the sneaking suspicion they may need this rope again, and it had provided some good luck today.

By the time they were at the door, she had the last knot undone and dropped the rope. She wandered outside into the waning sunlight, down past the lighthouse stairs, and then stopped and looked back up. Up there, around that marvelous yet frightening place she had just been, the seagulls fussed. She shook her head as she realized that she despised those birds. “One day we’re going to have a feast,” she said to Niro, but glared up at the birds. “I know you like birds, brother, but those aren’t birds, they’re tricksters.” She stabbed a finger towards the lamp-house and the perched seagulls.

“That’s going to wait until after I get permission to live here,” she said with a firm nod as she crossed her arms, and it was clear that the ordeal had not scared her away from the thought of fixing up this lighthouse. She clapped her brother on the back as she turned and began to walk away from the spectacular structure. “But right now, all I care about is an easy meal and maybe a nap.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 312

He was having so much trouble with his knot that Orin had gotten hers off before he had his off, he swore at it a few times too, although he knew that wasn’t going to do anything to make the knot work with him, but it made him feel a little better. He stopped when they were at the bottom of the stairway to pull and tug on it some more until he finally got it lose, he coiled it up and tossed it in one of the rooms while he picked up his new knife where he’d left it and followed Orin out. He heard her complaint about the scavengers in the lighthouse.

I’m not a big fan of those birds sis, I like birds that work for their food.

Niro stated. he sighed, when she started talking about permission to use the lighthouse. He’d have to get to jac before she got to him, maybe they could work out a deal or something. Well right now he didn’t wanna think about it, and she would know he was up to something if he started planning now. At the mention of food he felt extra hungry, he smiled at her.

How about you rest and I find something good for us to eat, and it will be fresh too. At least I’ll try.

Niro hunted, but he wasn’t the best hunter ever. There were days where they hadn’t eaten before they came here, and it made Niro feel horrible every time he came back with nothing.

We can even eat here if you want! Well no, not a good idea too much happened. Well lets go home.

He said and they both walked back silently both thinking of different things yet the ordeal they went through made them remember even though they were in a pack, they weren’t always safe.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]