Drinking out of Cups
[html]

ooc- This is he result of two guys doing acid. Genius.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassius, with a satchel slung over his shoulder, was particularly enjoying this mildly cloudy day. The sun was actually shining through in large patches, coloring sections of the countryside. It had been a couple weeks since he'd seen the sun in person, and it was quite an upper for the day. It had a happy feeling, the warm rays of the sun on his body. It was still a little windy though, as Cass' flannel flapped in the wind, and his hair flitted, although restrained by his old goggles. The goggles, which he had for a while, were showing signs of age and Cass was contemplating getting new ones on his trip to Halifax. He'd been postponing that trip for a while, looking for someone to guide him there. He had to hurry up if anything useful could still be used.

In the forest, the sun still was shining through the trees. The floor was all different shades as he walked along, stepping on leaves that littered the ground. However, the scene of the forest was broken up by a tent. A tent? Who would be living out here, all alone? Cass crept up the the tent, and walked close by the door, but he didn't go in. He knocked on the side of the tent, hopefully getting the attention of anyone inside. "'Ey! Y'all inside here?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 200+

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lowers.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thanks for starting. Big Grin I godmoded him hugging, so if you'd rather he didn't then I'll fix it XD

It was no secret that Razekiel was a fan of the springtime. Winter was officially finished, though the area was known for harboring cold weather long past it was due; the first few days of warm weather were fantastic, worth a surprising few straight hours of actually sober meandering of the wonderfully blossoming Mother Earth! Sure, the drugs helped inspire her to shine her beauty a little more brightly, but seeing the glory of early spring in his own eyes was worth skipping the buzz. Simply put, he was a lover of nature, appreciative of the flowers and the grass and the birds' songs. He didn't need the swirling temptress of toxic smoke to love Mother Earth how she was deserved to be loved! And how he would make love to her if he could, high or not!

He had been walking that day for just those reasons. Though not quite as lightheaded as usual, Razekiel had sauntered on stiffer, steadier legs than he was used to and breathed in Mother Earth's breath by the lungful rather than clouding it with the lovely reek of marijuana (even if it was the Mother's favorite). The prince had smoked something that morning, he couldn't remember how much, but was in a clearer mind than the typical Razekiel. A bland, tobacco-filled cigarette lay on his lips that day; it was strange, as he breathed in and out of it as if he was smoking, but the mild high in his head prevented his knowledge that it was actually lit.

Straw eyes peered at a figure tapping at the side of his tent as he approached. A contented smile spread across his lips; the character went unrecognized, but Razekiel was nevertheless always pleased to see guests. "Oh hell-oooooo, my friend! I am not home, but I am right here, yeah?" Even in his slight distance away, the coyote shouted at the top of his lungs (which, incidentally, was not that loud and still in the tone of buzzed-Razekiel, but at least it was accompanied by the overzealous swinging of his arms. "I am Razekiel, and I don't know you, man! Have you come to breathe in Mother Earth and dance in her wonderful rebirth this beautiful day? I have been doing it, and it is so wooonnderful, man!"

Without any real notice of it, the coyote wrapped his arms heartily around the complete stranger when he got close enough, squeezed a little too hard-- "Your new face to me is a refreshing sight; I feel as if I've been washed over in holy rain!" --and released.

[/html]
[html]

ooc- lol it's okay. Cass is pretty much used to it by now ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the sound of the voice, Cassius swung round to see the owner, who seemed oddly familiar. Oh, he'd seen him at the last pack meeting (which was quite a while ago to say the least). He was one of Kaena's sons (then again, good chunk of the pack was also Kaena's progeny), but he never knew his name. He announced his name, as well as some other words, but they seemed sort of muddled. Nevertheless, the Southerner understood and replied happily to the coyote. "Howdy! Nice t'meet ya Razekiel, M'Name's Cassius Arphralos, but you can call me Cass fer short. I reckon I seen you at the last pack meetin'. Don't worry, I done never forget," he chuckled, pointing a finger at his temple. "But yer right, it is done b-e-a-uiful out here! I can't wait fer it t'be Spring here. I hope it's like Nawlins, back home."

Out of nowhere, Razekiel grabbed Cass in a playful hug, squeezing him tight, although he wasn't exactly crushing his lungs. Cassius sighed, at least it wasn't like the situation with Marik, whoa no. He sort of liked this guy, he was real "chill" or something like that. He had an odd smell about him, but the hybrid didn't know what it was. He'd never smelled it before. He finally let go, and Cass gave him a pat on the shoulder and a smile. "Yeah, uh, you too, pardner," he chuckled. "Er, Kaena's yer ma, right? Yer one o' them Lykoi folk. Or de le Poer, or somethin'. There's so many o' ya, it done gets kinda t'keep track, ya know?" He was sure this was one of Kaena's sons. He had actually spoken up during the meeting, but he didn't say anything violent. More for peace, rather than war. Well, didn't they all want that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... lowers.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Raz is kind of dense.

Razekiel's slow interpretation of the stranger's funny accent was performed with an open-mouthed smile with half-mast eyes; he had never heard such inflection of words, such merging of syllables and sounds alike that it undoubtedly inspired and breathed life into him! How wonderful the sounds of words were, in the mouth of every foreigner of the world! He himself possessed no distinct accent and was blissfully unaware how exotically constructed his sentences were (and on that note, how enigmatic they had the potential to be). "What is a 'Nawlins?' My home is here, but I would like to be in a 'Nawlins' if they speak groooovy like you do, man, hahaha, yeah!"

He danced a little in-step out of sheer excitement, spun a little as he moved around, and then returned to eagerly grab the Imperium's shoulders and draw his face close, unknowingly reeking that musty smell in his breath, from his clothes, from his hair. "You know my sunshine? Oh, she is such a wonderful girl, she is!" He released again, spun around a little more, then sat down beside the unburning hearth just outside the tent. "My sunshine Kaena is my blood mother, but the Earth Mother breathed life into me, man. She has far less relations than my sunshine for me to remember names for. It's easier for me to stay here and meet them all slowly, man. I didn't think there was anyone here who didn't share the blood -- are your Nawlins like us?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc- Can I tell you I am absolutely in love with Razekiel? I love the way he talks and he reminds me of my hippie friends at school XD

The very excitable Razekiel proved to be quite a character. He made Cassius very entertained, and he seemed to be one of the more benevolent crazy people in Inferni. They were all crazy here (maybe except for Halo) but they all still seemed like cool people. The war currently showed the more serious side of them obviously, but that was only out of worry for their home, friends, and family. Turning back to the dazed coyote, he processed Cass' words for a minute and then spoke. His words made Cassius chuckle, since he was a silly one. "Naw, man," he snickered, "Nawlins is a city, like Halifax. I done came from there t'here. S'a loooong ways from here. Down south. And yeah, we all talk like I do," he laughed, his southern accent nice and thick.

When he brought up Kaena, the coyote became even more excited, speaking almost nonsense to Cass. He seemed crazy, but rather had quite the belief system. He'd read about it, they were called "hippies" back in the seventies and eighties when the humans still had control of the lands. They dressed about the same, so he had to be one. Not that it was bad of course. "I see," he replied, even though he didn't understand anything but the last part. "Not much people were 'round anywhere's in Nawlins. We ain't got a big fam'ly like yers either."

[/html]
[html]
Ehehe, I'm glad I am playing him right, then. XD Cass is really cute, too. I like that he's a bit different from the norm in IF as well. 8D

Razekiel pushed at the lifeless ashes with the tip of a twig as if the poking would inspire a fire to breathe there out of magic. Sure, he possessed a lighter and used it several times on a daily basis, but Razekiel didn't have as much motivation to light a campfire with it like he did to light a joint. It just wasn't the same, right?

"I've never gone down south, man," the coyote said, discarding the twig to lean back on his palms and smile up at Cassius. "I was born in an Inferni over the mountains. Northeast, man. I ran that crib after some stuff happened and rode the wind with a pack of Mother Earth's finest for a couple years. That was somewhere up north, man. It was cold. I don't much care for the cold, man. They say the south's nice and warm, yeah? Why come up here?"

His ears flattened when it was mentioned "Nawlins" had few people, and on top of it the boy was born into a small family. "Blood's the biggest thing around here, man," he smiled. Was that a good thing or not? "Mess with somebody's sister and you get their whole family draggin' you down, and man, that family's big. It's okay though. I like spendin' personal time with my Earth Mother as much as the next guy, but comin' home to family's great. Torn now though, since I put family in two different places." Where were Sage and Clover now? Micah? What about Ocean Flower, the love of his life? She'd never take him back. Perhaps he was safer in Inferni after all.

[/html]
[html]

ooc- lol of course he's different! Like we need like ten million samaels around IF :l oedipus ahoy

It was expected for Razekiel not to have been so far south. Nobody around here probably had never been past the Canada/US border. As far as he knew, he was one of a few select people in Inferni who came from a different county. Cass was a foreigner to the area, although he was a little nearer than Silas, who was from Russia, Cotl and Marik, who were brothers from Germany. Razekiel was even more local, being born just over the mountain's, in a previous Inferni. He actually seemed to have had control of it for a while, or that was Cass' translation of it. He said it was even colder there than it was in their current location. He asked Cassius why he ventured here, instead of staying down south. "Well, my cousin Brutus, done told me 'bout all them packs y'all got up here. E'said them all're real good, and done suggested I go. Said I gotta get rid o' the 'wanderlust'. Done took me two years t'get on up here."

Blood. Well the Lykoi family sure had a ton of it spread around. He could barely count how many Lykoi progeny there was, or at least the ones he knew about. Cass didn't even have one sibling. All he had was his parents and Brutus. He loved them dearly though. However, with the time that he had been in Inferni, the members were slowly being seen as his own new family. He treated everyone as a brother or sister. Inferni was a clan, right? The members were all supposed to be close. "Well, y'all are my family now. We're all brothers an' sisters here, right?" he asked with a smile. Razekiel had to agree, with the very positive view he seemed to have on the world. Although, he did have his own large family to enjoy.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]

Two years? That was almost as long as Razekiel had spent with the Juniper Peace vagrants, and even that felt like a lifetime to the red-face coy. He was fortunate enough not to be considered a stranger to Inferni and the surrounding area, though he'd grown up on the other side of the mountain; it was as if the clan had picked itself up and moved everything, and Razekiel would not have expected much less of Gabriel. The prince supposed he could make a two-year journey with little difficulty, as he was a creature of Mother Earth and knew well that she would protect him. Besides, Juniper Peace had never settled down anywhere for more than a few days at a time, so a lifestyle of constant traveling would be nothing new to Razekiel. "I spent two years walkin' Mother Earth with some lovely people," he admitted, a smile on his face. Sure, he had massacred them before he left, but it didn't mean he didn't enjoy the time he spent with them in the first place. "We never stopped once. Just kept walkin' and feeling her touch in the wind and smile in the sun, man. It was a wonderful life."

As for Inferni being one big happy family, well, the coyote smiled but couldn't agree too quickly. The Lykoi family -- which the Poers had become a part of -- had always taken up a majority of the coyote clan, and although familial bonds and blood relations was a strikingly big deal amongst them, the clan didn't have the familial feel. Not compared to Juniper, anyway; that was where his real family lived, those that knew Mother Earth as well as he, not to mention the woman he'd loved and the children they'd brought about. It had been a place of peace, serenity, meditation. They'd enjoyed each others' company and were left alone by the rest of the world. To Razekiel, that was family. He'd enjoyed it as long as he could have, but even the prince of deceit knew Lykoi blood ran in his veins. He could not stay away from the adventure of Inferni forever. "Sure," he nodded, slowly at first, then opened his arms. "We're all brothers and sisters under the smile of Mother Earth, man. We are all her children."

[/html]
[html]

ooc- sorry for the delay on this reply!

He never expected that there were so many more like Razekiel. He didn't come across hippies often (in fact Razekiel was his first), and so he thought of them as a rarity. They certainly were some odd people though. Odd, but n the end they were all pretty cool. They had some good ideas too, but Cassius didn't know too many. He just knew that they loved the Earth (and the Lykoi certainly proved that) and they were basically just "chillin'" all the time. His parents knew of hippies but they said they were useless hooligans. However, the red faced coyote warped that view. He liked these "hippie" people. It was then that Cass decided that there should be more like Razekiel in this world. "Well, I din't know there'd been more o' ya hippies float'n 'round. I done should'a come sooner," he said with a wry chuckle.

Cassius smiled and chuckled a bit as the Lykoi agreed and opened his arms. He sat down next to Razekiel and nodded. Their veiws may have been a bit different, but they were clan-mates, and they all treated others like family. If either of them were in some trouble, the other would back them up. He looked up at the clear sky, with the sun beating down on his face. "Yeah, we sure are."

Word Count: 200+*

[/html]
[html]

"Hippie?" What was that, a label? Briefly, just briefly, Razekiel resented the comment. His smile faded, his eyes thinned, and his shoulders sunk. What was he, just another piece of meat to look at? Labels were such useless and silly things. "Wooaaah, man, not cool," he said, waving his hands in a mild rejection. "I don't know what a 'hippie' is, man, but I don't wanna be one, you know? I fly solo on the warming breaths of the Great Mother, man; I'm not gonna let your stereotypes bring me down." He wasn't angry, no. His words were expressed with a mellowed irritation, spoken through slow and lofty words.

He took a breath, pushed a little at the dreadlocks interrupting his vision, and put another smile on his face. "Sorry, man. Got a little splintered just now, but I'm back, I'm cool. Who can stand to frown when Mother's blessed us with such a beautiful smile of her own?" He stretched his back, then leaned forward and peered his straw eyes at his fellow Inferni man. "Tell me, Cass-man, what makes you smile?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc- for some reason i like this post. :/

It was a bad idea to mention hippies to Razekiel, because then he held up his hands and said he wouldn't let "stereotypes get him down". Cass chuckled a little and waved a hand in a denying fashion. "Naw, man it ain't like that," he insisted. Hopefully, the other hybrid wasn't very stubborn. "Y'all bein' a hippie ain't a bad thang. 'S jus' a name for y'all cool guys. Only a name," Cass reassured the hippie. He tried to think back in the book, remembering whether or not hippie were stubborn. In human communities, they chained themselves to trees. Yup, he was fucked.

But, in a bipolar sort of fashion, Razekiel seemed to calm down, and apologize for his random act of "irritation". He assured he was "cool" and was back to his normal self. Yeah, he really was an oddball like the rest of them. Now he was interested in what made him happy. What kind of question was that? Certainly off topic, but Cass cut him some slack. "Well, I dunno," he replied, pondering for a second. "I guess human stuff makes me happy. I done practically buried myself it. Books, machines, an' all that good stuff." That reminded him, he needed to go out to Halifax sometime soon. He was really procrastinating that. "What 'bout y'all? What makes y'all happy?" It would be interesting to find out a little more about the Lykoi, besides the fact that he was a dirty hippie. Everyone knew that by now.

[/html]
[html]

I'm surprised Razekiel is reacting this way to the term 'hippie' XD

Unfortunately, Cassius' argument that a 'name' for his collective type of people was nowhere in the right direction. If anything, it made his argument worse and augmented the concept of stereotyping and classification. The attempted clarification by the accented coyote earned him a rather stern, unimpressed look from Razekiel -- a rather rare sight to see, in fact -- and 'cool guy' or not, it was clear that the red-faced coy didn't appreciate the topic. "What if I said all you 'Nawlins' bunch look and sound the same? I'd be puttin' you down, man. You're just puttin' me down, man, and you're digging a deeper and deeper hole. My people are free spirits, yeah? We don't follow a code or conform to this way of life, man. We just go with the flow -- we don't need you pessimists gettin' us down with labels, man."

When it came to happiness, Razekiel hardly needed to think about it. "I don't really do much readin', man. Human stuff confuses me. I like walkin' Mother Earth, seein' all her wonders and breathin' in the good sunshine, man. Her breath is what keeps me alive! The birds, the ocean, the forests -- she is such a beautiful Mother, man. I can't get enough of her!"

<style type="text/css">
.razflowers b {font-weight:bold; color:#413037; letter-spacing:1px;}
.flowersooctext {font-style:italic; color:#674E58; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.razflowers p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razflowers {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#FDFEF8; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D4ABBA; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#674E58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc- soooooooo soryy for the wait D:

He had to give up. Razekiel obviously couldn't be swayed no matter what he said. He seemed dead set on the fact that Cass was "bringing him down" using stereotypes. Cass put his hands up and sighed. "I ain't gonna argue with ya no more. I can see yer point," he chuckled, trying to shrug off the situation. He wasn't exactly handling it so well. In any case, he wanted to move on, keeping Razekiel in a remotely good mood. Crackheads, or whatever Raze was, are not exactly the calmest people when on a high.

Razekiel didn't exactly like human things as much as Cassius did. But for the most part, Cassius grew up around human things, living right next to a large human city, namely New Orleans. Out here, there was nary a settlement save for the city of Halifax. As Cassius took a breath, he could still smell that strange scent he smelled when Razekiel first came back to his camp. It smelled odd, and Cass couldn't place his finger on what it was. "What 'bout that smell tha's everwhere's? 'S weird smellin'." He smelled near the tent, which had a stronger concentration inside. "I ain't smelled it a'fore."

[/html]
[html]

Blargh, me too. Sorry! Life's been rough on me past few weeks...

Cassius gave up the argument, and Razekiel left it at that. Perhaps he'd been a little bit rough with his persistence; the prince was not the argumentative type, but when it came to oppressing him using tricks of the establishment, Razekiel was not going to stand for it. In fact, there were very few things that riled up a real reaction in the Inferni man--defamation of Mother Earth and her wonders, useless violence and killing, and the wily methods "the man" used to get he and his brothers down and under control. Of course, that pretty much summed up any actions against Razekiel and his way of life, whether harmless like Cassius' labels or more violent, such as running the coyote out of his own home. It'd happened before, and he was sure it would someday happen again. For one reason or another, Razekiel didn't consider his dislike for wolves to fall under any categories. In fact, he barely thought about it at all.

As the prince relaxed, Cassius changed the subject to the smell that crowded the area. An ashened aud twitched; did they not have those miracle drugs in that odd-sounding place Cassius called home? A terrible thing, if so! Razekiel could not imagine himself living without the pleasures of marijuana; he himself was quite fond of the smell, when he was actually able to sense it (the stuff was so habitually in his system that its reek on his clothes no longer touched at his nose). It was a fleeting smell, however, and its quick dissipation after burning was disappointing to the straw-eyed Lykoi. "It's pot, man! Mar-i-juana! You never tried this shit?!" The coyote threw his head back and gurgled a giddy laugh, "Mother Earth's bread 'n butter, pride 'n joy, man!" How had Cassius not realized the smell was emanating from the very thing between his teeth? Thankfully, Razekiel was the sharing type, and he pulled the still-smoking joint from his lips and offered it up. "A little slice of paradise, man. Helps you chill, go with the groove, dude. Come on, take a puff! Relax!"

<style type="text/css">
.razocean b {font-weight:bold; color:#883E4A; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razoceanooc {font-style:italic; color:#B93B45; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.razocean p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razocean {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #233036; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]