It's just our nature
[html]
300+

"Not in particular. It's just that, I feel that my room is now an absolute masterpiece, my studio is a cavern of clutter without even scratches to decorate it." There wasn't much that decorated the dining room aside from water stains on the wallpaper. It had even been growing some mold before the redhead had gone nuts and washed it all out with a scrub brush he had found. Now it was not moldy, but cluttered and filled with the tools he used for his trade, much like this room. But this place seemed so much more organized than his workspace. Maybe he ought to clean up. "I'd love something to put on those walls to distract me now and then. Maybe a long panoramic or something."

Strel sighed, absently tapping a nail on his bracelet. She was trying to wave it away and placate him into not doing something for her. He would be a terrible, terrible friend if he did not try to get her something. "Oh, no. You don't get to wave it off, Mati. Any idiot can go to town and take something. But I want to make something." Mati painted, she knew. Anyone could find a painting in town and take it, but they were not creating something memorable. "You can't turn down something free, now can you?" he added slyly, knowing Mati was not the type of person to turn down a gift from a friend. She was not that kind of a person.

"Thanks, but I guess it just makes me feel old now. Like, I'm getting on in years." Strel chuckled, wondering what other absurd things would pop out of his mouth. He was just three. It was not like he was a twelve year old canine. There was plenty of time to get up to all kinds of shenanigans. Nothing was holding him down or holding him back, so there was naught to complain about. "I wonder what this next year will bring." He smiled at Mati, thinking she wondered the exact same thing. He gave a heavy sigh, stretching gently. "I probably am taking up a bunch of your painting time. I'm sure you have somewhere to be, people ... to see."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 32px 5px 32px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#011755; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She appreciated his ideas, and as he spoke of what he needed Mati started to formulate a plan that might just work. She remembered seeing the space, and the memory returned to her. Of course she would be happy to do such a painting for him, and she even had a few things that she had yet to use. Different paints, paper that was heavy like canvas but stiff like wood. Water paints, colored pencils. The possibilities were endless, and as always she loved that he liked her art. I’ll see what I can do. A smile came with the happy words.

His gift was still too much. I guess I can’t He made her blush, the way he knew she couldn’t help but want what ever he was to make. Then again, how could she not accept it? It would be like she making him something and then he turning it down. Such a thing would devastate her.

Don’t worry, I’ll still like you when your really old. She spoke with a coy smile. He wasn’t old at all, she knew that much. She estimated that he was only a year older then she. Mati could only shrug at his next statement, We’ll have to wait and see It was all she knew to say. So much had happened in such a small span of time, what the next week or so might bring was a mystery.

She leaned against the table, knowing that it was indeed getting late. Mati moved beside him, her smile softer then before. All the things that he had told her would stay with her as she figured out everything that was happening between she and Cambria. Mati was sure what to say to thank him for his advice. With a sigh, Im sure you need to get back to Cours. she replied. And I should start this new project.

<style type="text/css">
.greensea b {font-weight:bold; color:#081d20; letter-spacing:1px; }
.greenseaooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#739b9b; text-align:left;}
.greensea p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.greensea {margin:0 auto; width:367px; background-color:#c4e6e0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 974353.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #081d20; padding: 0px 0px 130px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#24514c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]
300+
we can close it now Smile

Strel waved his hands in the air a bit, wondering if he should dissuade her. "Don't feel forced, by all means. Ugh, that sounds like I'm trying to guilt you into it, over nothing." He laughed, feeling terrible about his request. But he laughed again, amused by her comment. Like him when he was old? Well, that was definitely a friendship if he ever did see one. Strel wondered what he would be like when he was that old, grizzled, fur graying. God, that sounded atrocious. Almost made him want to die with a bang before his pelt began to lose tint. There was not enough dye in the world to keep his color when he was a thirteen year old grizzled veteran. The redhead did not want to be an elder at all.

He gave a false gasp, faux shock all over his face. "Mati! I'm sure I'll still be a grizzled old man and you'll be ever the same. At least you'll get to have self portraits that'll keep you lookin' young forever." Mati was the closest thing Strel knew to a photographer. Maybe they were not always a visual replica, but they were the best they had. Maybe, before he got all old and gnarled, he would ask the woman for a portrait of himself, so he could remember what a hot piece of ass he used to be.

The redhead sighed, regretting having to leave. Surely there was more to talk to Mati about, like her emotions and how she felt about the girl, more than what was already said, but he did need to go. Plain and simple, it sucked, but that was the way it was. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he smiled gently at the Dreamer. "Mati, if you need a not so neutral, absolutely biased party to talk to, you know where to find me, and whatever happens I can be there to make you feel better even if I have to flaunt my nonexistent artistic abilities." He patted her shoulder, but moved away after a couple of them. "I will see you later, darling." Strel stepped to the door, smiling back at the woman. "Have a good night."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 32px 5px 32px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#011755; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]