There's no other proof
[html]
300+
delayed, as always. Mind if we backdate it to yesterday?

Once, in the city, the redhead had found himself an unopened, actually well preserved drawing pad that was still entirely usable. He took it home with him, along with a box of pencils that had numbers and the letter B on them in various combinations. They produced a dark smudgy kind of mark but it was a brilliant find for him. No longer would he have to work on canvas scrap with charcoal. Sure, he wasted page after page of designs he would never make, but after half the sketchbook was filled, he noticed it was getting slightly better. But the amount of pages was simply the thing that put the cherry on top. It was far more effective and it allowed him to play around with the designs, albeit drawn on some very strange looking figures. The limbs were too long and lanky and the head was not realistic really. The only part of the funky drawings that Strel could do that was accurate was the torso and shoulders, though male versions were more inaccurate than female versions.

Strel sat on a ragged, once gaudy couch in a room near the entryway. Usually, he would have been sitting in his studio but this felt significantly more comfortable than lounging on a stiff backed chair in that bright room. Every now and then, he gave a grunt of annoyance and rubbed with a pink eraser at the thick, dark lines. The thing he was drawing at that moment was just not working with him, but the idea for it was only a lingering idea in his head. Every few strokes he would erase, realizing that it was not what he wanted to do. He was getting more and more frustrated that finally, he just chucked the damn thing across the room. It crashed into the wall with a light thud and fell to the floor with a soft thump. Pulling a pout, the Marquis crossed his arms and moved his body to lay fully on the couch.

<style type="text/css">
.rainbowflag b {font-weight:bold; color:#1938a2; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.rainbowooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 30px 5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#510f5f;}
.rainbowflag p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rainbowflag {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#287dc0; background-image:url(http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73 ... flag-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bbccbb; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, and okie! ^^ 300+ words.

Princess had begun to explore her new pack's territory more now, though she was not fond of being too far away from her and Haven's house. Aside from Ruri and Firefly, the Chance woman did not know anyone in the pack, and it seemed like it was relatively large. She was not shy, but she did not know what the pack would think about a strange girl moving in with Haven, one of their higher-ranked members and the Knight sworn to protect them, out of the blue. She did not even know what Ruri and Firefly would think of it, really, but she was not as concerned about them as she was about the rest of the pack. Of everything her mother had unfortunately taught her, the concern for her appearance and her standing was still very prominent in her lifestyle. Every morning, she primped in front of a mirror, pinning her curls in just the right way and making sure they fell the right way, then picking out a dress with a ridiculous amount of thought and consideration.

Today, it was something new that she had found recently in the city, a silky purple dress that had only one strap over her right shoulder, instead of the normal two straps. Princess had deemed it an acceptable exploring dress and had made her way to the large hotel curiously. Upon entering, she had not gone very far before a "thud" startled her, causing her to gasp audibly as she passed the doorway. Princess turned sharply, golden eyes wide with alarm at having been caught in a place she did not know if she really belonged. It would bother her if someone simply traipsed into her home, but it was possible she had done just that. "I didn't realize anyone was here," she said, her tone guarded as she stood awkwardly in the doorway, torn between walking away like she had something to do and staying to meet the stranger on the couch.

<style type="text/css">
.princess001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a2c77; letter-spacing:1px; }
.princess001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:10px; color:#452e49; text-align:right;}
.princess001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.princess001 {margin:0 auto; width:365px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ess001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5a2c77; padding: 140px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#452e49; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
I'm so sozzy Meggles D: I'm working on getting a BUNCH done tonight <3

Lavender eyes shot upward to the doorway, the surprise on his face mirroring the look on Princess's face. He had not expected someone to be nearby when he sent the sketchpad flying across the room. Strelein stared at the woman with mouth agape, looking half dumbstruck by her presence. It was more so that he had really not meant for anyone to see him in that kind of moment of frustration and had been taken by significant surprise. Scrambling, he shifted his position in an effort to seem more presentable to a stranger to the pack. Stranger? Or was it another member that he had failed to meet once again?

Adjusting his vest a bit, the redhead straightened his attire in hopes of seeming to be less scruffy. That was not a kind of image he wanted to give. But his occupational tendencies sent his fashion perceptive eyes to look at the outfit the woman had donned. Strel sent his eyes from the hem at the bottom to the single strap on the side. It was a divine little purple number and he had to get his hands on something like it. The color was really lovely and his fingers practically twitched to get a feel for the stitches and the seams. Strelein got up off the couch, standing just as awkwardly as the woman.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that." He paused, nibbling his own lip a little bit. "Uhm, I'm Strelein. You are?" He hoped that he did not seem too rude. It was better than him just running up at her, probably making her scream, and groping the hem on Princess's dress. Strel figured getting on her good terms now would mean he could get a better look at how the dress sat on her. Oh, god, he wished he could make something like that with ease. But then he realized that this woman wore a dress for daily wear. Meaning she would be willing to get him to either make more or customize something for her. The prospect of work!

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

It's all good! 300+ words.

Standing in the doorframe, Princess felt very uncomfortable, like she had just trespassed on some sort of party she had not been invited to. It was only the redheaded man there, but she still felt awkward. At least she was not the only one, because he seemed to be taken aback by her presence, as well. She felt his eyes on her dress and instead of feeling self-concious, as some might, she felt her natural confidence swell again, a slight cock to her hip and stance now. It was simply the way she was, far from self-concious or nervous on any normal day. Strelein had simply caught her unawares. "You didn't scare me," she corrected, "just caught me by surprise." It certainly would not do to have her new packmate think of her as some prissy little coward, like many thought of pretty young women. Princess was very far from that, despite her ridiculous namesake.

"I'm Princess Chance. I just moved here back in February, but I haven't really acquainted myself with the pack or its members yet," she added. It was sad, really, how few she actually knew. Those that she knew so far she had liked, generally. Obviously, Haven was her top priority. She loved him, even if she was nervous to admit it. Ruri had been sweet and she had liked her very much. Firefly had been mildly abrasive, but Princess had gotten along with her decently, despite the older woman's more recent and horrible encounter with Princess' wretched mother. From that encounter, though, at least Princess had come away with the knowledge that Firefly had passed on to her. She had one half-sibling, who looked just like his father. What she would do with that knowledge, she hadn't the faintest idea, but at least she knew. That was something, though whether or not it was a blessing or curse she did not know.

<style type="text/css">
.princess001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:10px; color:#452e49; text-align:right;}
.princess001 {margin:0 auto; width:365px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ess001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5a2c77; padding: 140px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#452e49; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
/twiddles

"I'm sorry. I really did not mean to. Really." His apologizes continued as he rubbed the bridge of his nose in discomfort. Strelein's eyes, caught up in her attire, shifted toward the slumped and slightly creased sketchbook on the ground. Guilty, he looked away from the pad of papers. Honestly, he had lost his temper for such a silly reason and frightened a passerby. How ridiculous. Such a silly little thing managed to introduce two members of the same pack, of which the redhead knew maybe only half of the citizens. "Don't hold it against me, Miss. Normally, I'm not usually so infuriated with blank walls and soulless books." The Lord attempted a smile, hoping he did not come off as creepy or insane, which he felt he had a habit of doing. The things he said could be taken badly, but he never had any idea what anyone else thought of them.

"It's nice to meet you, Princess. Your name seems to suit you," he complimented, not thinking if the woman would take that kind of thing negatively. Some would think it were an insult, calling them prissy and picky. But he really meant it visually, eyes once again lingering on the shape and cut of the dress, pretty much ignoring the curvy figure underneath. "To tell you the truth, I've been here since June, and still have not really gotten to know everyone." He failed to mention his absence for a short amount of time in the middle of that, around the time when winter started up again. It had been bleaker then, but he was here now so there was little point of mentioning it. "I'm about to sound exceptionally creepy, but do you mind if I get a closer look at that dress?" Strel let the question hang, waiting for her response, before he realized just how very, very badly Princess would take it. "Oh, no, no. I'm the pack's tailor of sorts! That dress is just so pretty." he added, waving his hands in front of him.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

His repeated apologies were getting on her nerves, but apparently, they made him feel better about catching her offguard, so Princess allowed him to continue. Really, she was over it. It had been no big deal to begin with, but her attempted reassurances of that seemed to do nothing, so Princess simply waited until he was quite finished. "It's really okay," she said, and for a fleeting moment she considered making a joke about infuriating books and walls, but the Chance woman was not much for making jokes. She never had been. Her life had started out too serious for her to have gained much of a sense of humor, and while she could laugh easily, Princess did not make jokes often, if ever at all. The young woman hoped that he would stop apologizing soon, before it became really obnoxious and she just left to make him stop.

"Thanks," she said automatically, though she was not sure if it actually did fit her all that much anymore. It probably did, even though she had matured a great deal now, especially since having arrived in the area last May, and apparently it was similar to his timeframe. She did not know many personally at all, but then, she had moved around a lot between packs here. She expected that this would be the last move, of course. She was happy here with Haven, even if it was not how she had expected her life to be. The absence of her brother was the biggest difference from her expectations, but by now... Princess hardly cared that he had abandoned her like that.

Princess stared at him for a moment, feeling awkward about the entire sentence that he spoke. The warning in the beginning of the sentence was alarming in and of itself, but of course the content would be even more extraordinarily strange. The young woman blinked slowly, about to speak up about her very serious relationship with Haven and her distaste for creepy men, but he corrected himself fairly quickly, putting her mind at ease. "Oh." she said lamely. "Uhm, yeah, I guess you could. It's just something I found in Halifax, like the rest of the dresses I wear. I... kind of have a lot of them," she admittedly sheepishly. Sometimes, the amount of dresses that she had seemed like an excessive number, even to the young woman herself.

Glancing down at the purple dress, Princess decided that she was very flattered by the compliments. She took a lot of time picking what she would wear and delicately making sure that they would be perfect on her. "I didn't know the pack had a tailor. Do you get a lot of work?" she asked, hoping to make conversation to ease any potential awkwardness about having him examine her dress on her, because she certainly was not going to take it off just so Strelein could get a better look at how it was made or whatever it was he was looking for in it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

If there was ever a moment in his life where the redhead felt beyond creepy, this situation happened to outweigh it in tons. Strelein probably freaked the poor girl out, and now she most likely thought he was some kind of stalker. But at least his clarification seemed to smooth that out some. He just had to be careful not to touch her all that much or else she would get really suspicious of him and his hands. "I always try to look for interesting new designs," he added, to clarify things some more if it were possible. He could not even begin to fathom how many patterns there were out in the world, waiting to be found and utilized. But the invitation was out there for him, and he planned to at least look at the sewing itself a bit more closely.

Rising from the rather poofy couch, the redhead first picked up his sketchbook off of the floor. He held it to his chest, clinging to it almost, as he looked at the dress. Strel's eyes did not seem to even focus on the woman's figure or the woman inside of the dress. Because she seemed kind of at odds about him, what with him having issues with his words, he was not really eager to actually touch the dress. It was enough to just see it. Well it was a pretty dress, that was for sure. "That's quite a find," he said smiling.

"Well, depends on the time of the year, really. Sometimes I have a lot, sometimes I don't have squat and need to entertain myself. Like scaring innocent women." He chuckled a bit, trying to ease the mood too. "Did you need something done?" He had a simple trade policy; want something, gotta trade something in exchange for it.

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

-twiddles thumbs- Tralalala~ WotD: Yen.

The redheaded man was certainly strange, unlike any of the other pack members she had met to date. Princess held herself high, hip tossed carelessly to the side as she waited for him to inspect it. Who was she to judge a man who wanted to make dresses and admire them? Well, the old Princess Chance would have jumped at the option of judging him, but she had matured a great deal in such a short period of time, it seemed. She certainly hoped that was a good thing. There were aspects of her being that had needed to be changed, but there were parts that she clung to stubbornly, refusing to let go of everything that she was.

The young woman smiled at the compliment. "Thank you," she said, flattered. She had always thought that she had good taste in clothing and appearances, and she made an effort with her own. It was nice to know that there was someone who appreciated good tastes, even if he was a bit... eccentric. Again, who was she to judge the tailor? Princess considered his question for a moment, pondering the thought. She always had a yen, a yearning, a desire to have pretty new clothes, and she knew Haven liked when she had pretty things. "I don't really have anything in mind," she answered, though the tone suggested that she was certainly still open to the idea.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]