And then I swore to you [p]
[html]

For my son~ <3 Set at Cottontail Valley.
Wc: 612
Co-Rank Thread 3/3

She could feel it in the very air that swirled through her lungs; Spring was on the way. The scent of rebirth was carried on the winds that blew the clouds overhead, the charcoal that held within their bosoms a load of liquid. Even the fae's pelt had begun to change colour with the season, the silver ticking on her coat becoming more and more subtle each day.

Snow was melting around her, the ivory quickly becoming tarnished with the browns of the soil that was peeking through. At long last she could see grass again, the huntress appreciating the feel of the emerald blades beneath her paws. Clouds dotted out the sun above, casting long, ebony shadows over where she sat at the top of the valley, closest to the Manor. A light breeze ruffled her fur, standing on four paws in her natural Lupus form.

Surveying the land beneath her, Ghita had already begun to scout out a possible target for the day's hunting lesson, watching with a keen eye the herds of elk and deer that meandered through a few miles to the south. No, that wouldn't be what she'd show Aro how to hunt; not today. Still bearing a small scab from her last encounter with a deer, Ghita had firmly decided that the large mammals were not what her baby boy would be learning how to hunt. Even the more experienced hunters such as herself had had problems taking them down!

Squirrels, rabbits, and chipmunks would be their target. Especially for one as small as Aro, these would be the easier species of prey to take down. Then again, Aro's 'small' size was something to be debated. A size that could only be attributed to her mate's side of the family, Aro had quickly doubled the size of his sister, nearly, with a bottomless stomach to boot. As the main hunter of the family, Ghita frequently found herself running out several times to provide for her son especially, after the first few months of milk had finished.

Sophia would soon learn these skills too; it was important for every member of the smallest pack in Nova Scotia to know how to hunt. However, the slender mother felt as if the one-on-one time was something to be cherished, and remembered upon fondly. Here, she'd teach her son skills he'd end up using almost every day. Then again, there was all the more pressure put onto her; If she screwed anything up, Aro would be biased towards that mistaken instinct for life. But then again, this was where the earth sang to Ghita. She was the queen of the prey, swift in foot and strong in will, easily able to bring prey to her home. Her gift lay here, what she could offer to her sister's pack in return for the new life Crimson Dreams had given her, far away from the woes of Italy.

Sighing, her slender tail wrapped around her miniature paws, the very tip of it twitching. Ghita had never been the patient sort, and this was no different. The arranged meeting time was around now, the particular moment coming and going with no more than a wave. But Ghita had been there half an hour before, to ensure her son wouldn't wander off and get lost somewhere. Although quite the adventurer, so that he knew his way around the territory by now, Ghita never knew if she'd find her son miles away or close by - and always hated the surprise. But finally she could put his boundless energy to good use, something that he could begin to give back to his home as well.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: yeeeey! <3

It was today, wasn't it? Aro was sure it was today. The day where he was finally going to learn how to hunt, a day he had been waiting for since he could retain rational thought. Finally he could be somewhat helpful to the pack, finally he wouldn't have to rely on his mother and father to get his own food, and he could sustain himself. Of course, in the boy's mind, he figured after being taught by his mother, he would be taking down deer and elk by himself without much issue, the boy's arrogance getting ahead of his actual ability. Nevertheless, he was nothing less of ecstatic to learn.

However, he was nowhere near where his mother told him to be, as he had overslept due to a lot of excercise the previous day, and was now late for the meeting with his mother. His large, clumsy paws barrled through the forest as Aro attempted to run as fast as his stubby legs could carry him. It was fairly obvious by the way the oaf ran that he was not anywhere near used to being in the larger body he had obtained from his father's genes, he was fairly larger than the usual pup, though that wasn't too much bigger, it was a noticable size difference than other pups his age. He was lopsided, clumsy, flopping about like a small bear cub on his legs for the first time. Nevertheless, he was making progress in reaching his mother, and the smile of excitement was plastered on Aro's little face like it had been carved on.

When he finally found his mother, the first thing he did was tackle her in excitement, attempting to push her over, though instead slamming against her like a squishy wall. As he bounced off of her, he regained his footing and began getting into a crouched position, his tail wagging like crazy, his light blue eyes darting to and fro as he nipped at his mother playfully. "Hi mom!" He said happily between nips, his tail wagging as quick as it could. "I'm sorry I'm late, I was really tired for some reason....so what are we going to hunt? A moose? A deer? an elk?" He then rolled on his back and made a few swipes at the air before facing his mother again, he could not stand still even if his mother had asked him to.
<style>
.aro-table p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.aro-table b {color:#000000;}
.aro-table {width: 400px; border: 1px solid #000000; background-color: #686952; background-image: url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom: 200px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: #D1D9AD; text-align: justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

OMG He's so cuuuuuuute!
Wc: 443

Something about mothering that Ghita had learned in the past few months was that every sense, every cell in a mother's body was hyper-vigilant, geared completely towards monitoring their children's every move. So it was no surprise to the fae when she heard (at long last) the scamper of small paws running towards her, smelt her son's scent carry in the wind that wrapped around her. But becoming a mother at last had done wonders for the woman's patience and tolerance, a small voice in the back of her mind easily telling her to stop and wait, let her son have his fun for the moment.

Sure enough, the comparably small frame crashed into her side, the two bodies absorbing the shock before launching the smaller of the pair a little ways away, the impact creating next to no surprise for her. Humoring him, Ghita let out a 'surprised' "Oof!" and faked a stagger, throwing her weight in the opposite direction of her pup, letting him believe that he had tackled his mother over. Soon enough, and it was a scary thought, Aro really would be able to bowl her over; Jazper was easily able to push her around, no matter how deliberate the action was compared to his giant, loving heart.

Turquoise optics sparkling with amusement and love, she watched her pup dance around her body, joining him in a carefree crouch, letting her own tail wag furiously as mother and son had a quick play fight, the mother letting him place gentle nips as the pair leapt around, both pairs of blue eyes sparkling in the moment. Standing up as her son took the conversation to a more serious note, Ghita shook her pelt quickly, letting her son's words float into her focus before straightening up.

His words were no surprise to her; By now, Aro and Sophia's personalities were as clear as day to her, the motivations and ideas as clear as possible to a mother. Raising her eyebrow, she shook her head, letting the action sink in to her son. "Not today, Aro. When you're larger, like Daddy, maybe, but not anything that's bigger than me today. I was thinking more along the lines of rabbits or squirrels."

She studied Aro's reaction for a moment, knowing to look for in terms of disappointment. Bending down closer to Aro's level, she gave him a quick nuzzle with her nose, the affection brief and comforting as possible. "I know you were hoping for something bigger, and we'll get to that, I promise. But today, we're going to start at the beginning. Now, how do you think you'd typically start a hunt?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc: This....has been long overdue, I've been long overdue with ALL of my posts as aro. I'd like to apologize for this to you personally, this wasn't my intention, when I signed on for Aro I had a lot of free time, but as time passed this began to come up, socially, academically, even mentally, and I simply didn't have the time nor was in the mindset to continue with Aro. I should have simply dropped him but I kept you and a few others waiting on his response, and for this I am sorry. From now on I'll make my best attempts to keep Aro on track, make more posts and keep them at least slightly frequent.

It took a minute for Aro to realize what he was hunting, it wasn't going to be anything big like his father could hunt. It wasn't moose, it wasn't elk, it wasn't even a deer, he was reduced to hunting such menial creatures as squirrel and rabbits. Immediately a flash of disappointment crossed his face as he mused over the new teachings>. "D'aw nuts!" Be added as he looked at the ground. But to be honest, he wasn't too upset about the new predicament, and his mother could most likely realize that, although Aro put on a mostly confident and cocky visage, he was pretty sure he wasn't quite in the size capacity to take on something so large as a deer, he was brave, not stupid, though that occasionally came into question with some of his more naive actions.

Nevertheless, his mother began to explain to him how to hunt exactly, where to go, and how to act. However, she was already quizzing him on what she thought he would know. It took a minute for his little mind to think and register this, what would a wolf do? The answer seemed obvious to Aro, but this seemed like a trick question, and what if he answered wrong? Would his mother stop teaching him? Would he be ousted from the pack? Unlikely, but he was young and naive.

Nevertheless, after a second of deep thought, or what looked like deep thought looking at the ridiculous expression Aro was making, he finally came up with an answer. Looking at his mother, he asked with an upward inflection. "uhhhh...I guess you have to actually...find the prey?"

<style>
.aro-table p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.aro-table b {color:#000000;}
.aro-table {width: 400px; border: 1px solid #000000; background-color: #686952; background-image: url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom: 200px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: #D1D9AD; text-align: justify; }</style>
[/html]
[html]

That's okay, don't worry too much! I'm just glad you're still keeping him, and coming back. ^^
Wc: 287

Ghita couldn't help but chuckle at the instant change of emotion that flashed over her son's face, or the expression that was born from his lips. "Don't worry too much, one day your dad and I will teach you and your sister how to hunt the larger prey. You don't think your father is the only one who knows how to hunt, do you?" She asked with a hint of playfulness in her tone, and a wink in her eye. All the same, she gave the boy a raspy lick on the ear in an attempt to cheer him up. "I'm sure you'll do great."

It took a few minutes, sure, but Ghita knew her son was bright, and would find an answer soon enough. Grinning, she chuckled, nodding her head in response. "That's right! We're going to find it by smelling it out. So, the next question is, what can you smell right now?" While she'd been conversing with her son, air had been slipping through her lungs and registering with her mind, and by now Ghita had a fairly good grasp of what was where and how many there were.

For instance, about a half-mile south lay a small rabbit warren, where the recent mother had just seen her babies take off to make their own homes. Turn your nose east and you'd barely catch the last remnants of the elk who had moved on, taking their lives elsewhere and avoiding death for another day. And deer lay miles and miles away, only registered by the keen turquoise eyes, and not the day's target any how. No, it would be the rabbit that they were upwind to, the scent lying heavily around the two Marinos.

[/html]