Will you be my daddy
[html]

ooc...
Words -- 349

Yay I'm excited for this thread.

IC....

Amaranth smiled as she roamed through the woods she was growing faster and faster with each day. It was coming closer her day of birth. She was soon to be officially 6 months and mommy would teach her to shift you wait and see. She was traveling the path she had so often through the woods to fireflies house to see her and her kitty. She Enjoyed her play time with Elroy though she had learned that as she grew she had to be genital with him for she could hurt him.

So unaware of the fact that there was something else in the woods other then the little pup she traipsed on continually as she smiled. She was glad that her mother had become more at ease but she hadn't seen much of her father lately. Vigilante was always home but she wasn't to sure that he wanted to be know as their step daddy or even daddy. She had heard mommy and him talking but were they both bad puppies and he didn't want them to be known as his step kids. She frowned as she looked around to see which trail she had to take from here.

Orange yellow eyes followed the young pup as the bushes barely moved. The 4 year old Lynx mother watched as the young pup came closer. She would wait to see before she attacked.

Oblivious to the danger she was approaching on she stopped hearing a kitten like cry. She wanted to see the kitty. she loved kitties moving towards the sound she sniff growling a bit. It smelt like a dead animal in the hole. As she started to poke her head in further she felt claws going into her side as she was toppled over. "Damn it Cail" She snapped as she looked up to see a rather large cat standing above her. She screamed as she barely got herself free as the feline came back after her.

Where was her mommy and all her friends when she needed help she was all alone and didn't know what to do.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, hon. <3 300+ words.

His border patrol had begun on the coastal edge of the pack's territory that day, his secui form moving rapidly as he allowed the cold and salty water to lap over his paws as he trotted briskly. Vigilante's life was relatively normal, his daily routine having become repetative long ago. Though he knew that the monotony would bother some, he was not affected. In fact, he almost preferred it that way. He was not a fan of surprises, and when the passed by in a regular fashion, he could easily become comfortable with his routine and there was little chance for something to catch him off guard. Vigilante had always kept to himself, and he had always worked for the greater good in everything he did. That had not changed; his duties simply lay elsewhere now, something he found fulfilling.

Head swung to the side sharply at the sound of the scream, his heart running cold as he quickly recognized the voice of Amaranth. Without even a moment of thought, the Constable broke out at a run, his mind running rapidly with the possibilities, though what had happened did not matter. All that did matter was that she was in trouble and he had to save her. A growl ripped from deep within as he saw the lynx standing over his mate's daughter and without a moment of hesitation, the dog mutt leapt towards the pair, the speed and height of his leap meant to knock the lynx off of her and to the ground farther away so that he would not hurt Amaranth. He wanted to get the feline away from her quickly, before it did serious damage to the pup. He would never forgive himself, and he suspected Ayita would agree, if he let something happen to his step-daughter. Regardless of whether or not they were close (truthfully, he did not even know if Amaranth liked him at all), they were still family.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#223E61; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...
Words -- 349

IC....

Terror filled the young girl as the snarling cat was back on her like a bad habit. She prayed that someone was near by. If her mother was here she'd save her then give her quite the scolding for trying to be all tough she was still such a young pup. Unknown to her the cat had clicked in a strange reflex or reaction that Amaranth didn't know about.

Snarling as it swiped at the pup that had come to close the Lynx. The fact that the pups change had little to no effect on the lynx as it went to attack the pup once again. Claws out the feline caught the young girl in the eye.

Amaranth growled as she lay her on her back. Her body ached as the change in forms began. Laying there she tried to move her head going to kick her front legs she opened her eyes long enough to notice the slow change in her body as arms and hands were raised to block the onslaught of the cat. Crying out in pain as the cat caught her closed eye. "Mommy somebody please help me."

Lynx Lept to attack again getting caught off guard by the bulk of a much larger male wolf. Being sent tumbling the Feline hissed almost ready to strike again as she turned running back to her den.

Amaranth looked as she saw the cat turn tail and run looking to see who had caused it she smiled. "Vigi." She said trying to get herself up. She was so glad to see him her heart raced as she started to cry. She had been saved she wasn't kitty food. But now she had a huge problem She was in a totally different for that she knew nothing about and she prayed that she would be able to move and not be stuck right here forever.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

When the feline ran, Vigilante was torn between the desire to chase it away further and to make sure that it had no chance of coming back to harm Amaranth, and staying to ensure that the girl was okay. In the end of his mental dilemma, he chose the latter, deeming it far more important. The raised hairs along the back of his neck smoothed down as he turned to Amaranth again, his body still tense. He would likely not feel completely at ease again until enough time had passed that he would be certain the lynx would not return to hurt Amaranth again. "Yes," he nodded, breath short from holding it as he'd attacked the feline. He was still angry that something could have happened to her, but he pushed those thoughts aside. He was almost certain he had gotten there early enough that nothing drastically bad had happened to her.

Emerald eyes scanned her form; he had not seen her take this shape before. It surprised him to see it, as he had not been previously aware of her ability to shift. "Amaranth, are you okay? Did you get hurt?" he asked her, knowing that he would not forgive himself if she were not. He quickly added, "Is this your first time shifting into your optime form?" The Constable was certain that Ayita would have told him if her daughter had gained the ability recenty, but he knew that rauma could trigger it when the age was right. Amaranth and Kable were both of the age when shifting usually began to occur, and he supposed that he should be expecting it to happen soon. Vigilante sat beside her, his body much more calm now, knowing that he would need to be supportive of her now, since it was bound to be confusing for her.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...
Words --

IC....

Amaranth sat on the ground so confused and in pain. She looked at her hands and at her body. This seemed so weird was this what all the adults did? How did she do it? She hadn't really noticed that Vigilante had moved closer to her and finally sat down. Her heart was still racing she took deep breaths trying not to cry.

She had not seen her dad in weeks and She felt like only her mom cared but here Vigi was to save her. He housed her and her mother. But she didn't know if he thought of her as family or only his mates daughter. "I'm I'mmm o..ok." She said between gasps. "It got my eye but thats it." she said rubbing to check for blood.

"Is that what this is called." She said looking at her hands again. "I havent before I I don't even know what happened I'm so scarred and ..." She just burst out fully crying. She was distressed and upset and just could not figure out what had happened. She wanted her mom and dad but her dad wasn't here and she wondered if he even cared.

[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+ words.

Vigilante took a moment to shift, allowing his body to stretch and change its form to match hers, though his was significantly larger, even sitting on the ground beside her. He had never been trained in the art of healing, but he knew how to gauge wounds and what they would need for medical attention. Amaranth's eye did look damaged, but it did not look like it was in dire need of attention. "When he get home, we will clean up your eye and get you something to drink," he said pointedly, on the off chance that she would argue about going home. The Constable knew that it was where she needed to be, and he would take her there when he knew that she was ready to travel. He did not know if Ayita would be there, but he would need to track her down later to explain to her what had happened to her growing and changing daughter.

Instinctively, Vigilate reached a hand to her, running it gently down her back and shoulders, hoping to soothe her. He was not her father, and he did not delude himself into thinking that she had replaced Leroy with him quickly, but he wanted to be able to comfort her. They were not related by blood, but the dog mutt considered her as much his daughter as if she had been born to Ayita and himself. "Shhh," he soothed quietly. "This is a normal thing for your age, and you did fine. You're going to be okay, and you'll get used to taking this form," he said with certainty. "And the lynx will not come back. You're going to be okay," he repeated. "I'm here for you." It was a promise, and he did not intend to leave her now. On the larger scale, he intended to be a part of her life for the entirity of it, though such a promise would be too grand for now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...
Words --

IC....

Amaranth was so upset by now she wasn't even sure that she wanted to go home. She didn't want her mom to be mad at her and she didn't want vigi to be mad at her. She was crying so hard she began giving herself the hiccups. "You... your ...not . not mad at me...are you?" She asked hiccupping and crying between almost every word. She didn't want him to be. "I don't want you to be mad at me. My daddy isn't around and mom gets mad at me I just I wish my dad came to be with me more I don't know what to do how to do anything. I just want a dad and a mom who loves me." She said

She looked at vigi with her lilac eyes. She just wanted someone to be there for her and love her. She knew her mother loved her but she was hardly ever around when she needed her. When she got caught by Haku her mother wasn't there. Now when she changed her mother was at home. She wanted to know fully that there was someone anyone. "Vigi Will you be my daddy I want a daddy who is always there and cares about me." She asked looking into his green eyes.

[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+ words.

The doggish man wrapped an arm around her small shoulders, hugging her close to him. Vigilante wanted to ease away her tears and make her smile again. She'd had an unorthodox life thus far, and he hated knowing that he might have had a hand in her lack of a father. He could not be certain that Leroy would have been around, had he not come into the picture, but he worried that he might have been part of the reason that the black and white male did not seem to care about his daughter. In the back of his mind, Vigilante thought that Amaranth might be better off without him, but he would never voice such a thing. All that he could think was that he was missing out on being a part of this young girl's life, and it was his loss. Even though that was true, though, it was hurting Amaranth. That was the worst part of it all.

"No, I'm not mad at you. I couldn't be. You've done nothing wrong," he said softly, hugging her close. He could not imagine why he would be mad at her, but he wanted to reassure her that he most certainly was not. Young Mara was fragile, especially now when she had just experienced something traumatic. It was obvious in her tears and the shaking of her shoulders, the stutter in her voice over the hiccups. "Your mom does love you," he said, though he could not say the same for her father, "and I love you." It was all that he was able to promise her, but he was absolutely certain about both of those things. There was no doubt in his mind about either thing he had just told her.

Her question took him by surprise, though he did not allow his body language to show this. He did not want her to think that there was something wrong with what she had asked him, because there most assuredly was not. "Amaranth, I will always be here for you. I promise you that. I would be honored for you to think of me as your daddy," he admitted. He had always wondered whether or not she considered him family, like he considered her. Now, it seemed that he knew, and it made him happy to know that was how she felt about him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...
Words --

IC....

Amaranth Curled into his arms for a minute just listening to everything he had to say. She wanted to be ok but she just wasn't sure how to act or what to do. She was growing up so fast. She didn't know that she could change and today that change had happened and why didn't her mother help her or tell her about this. Why was it Vigi here? She was so happy though to have a father again. "Thank you." She said softly.

"Can we go home? How do I walk will it be natural like when I was learning to walk as a pup?" She asked looking at him. "Will I ever be able to turn back to four legs?" She asked no the shock had warn off and questions flooded her and she wanted answers. "Will you be there to help teach me everything I need to know." She continued. The questions had stopped for now as she looked at him. Curiosity filled her eyes she just wanted to know.

[/html]
[html]

♥ WotD: Fathom. 300+ words.

Vigilante could not even begin to fathom why Leroy would have given up the chance to be the father of this young girl. It made him so angry to think about the estranged black and white male, but he pushed those thoughts away from the forefront of his mind. Now was not the time for him to be angry with her father. Amaranth deserved so much more than Leroy could ever provide for her, and the Haskel man was more than happy to know that he could fill that position. He was so glad that she wanted him to be there for her, and even though they were not tied by blood, she was more his daughter than Leroy's, and he liked to think that he had been more of a father to her than anyone else.

"It'll all come to you. I'm sure you'll be a little wobbly on your feet to start with, but out bodies are made to walk on two legs, as well as four, so it'll come naturally," he explained, giving her one more squeeze before standing, holding out his hand for her to help her up, and also so that she could hold olnto him while they walked. "I'll hold you steady while we walk home. And yes, you will be able to change back. Your first time changing back, it might take a bit, but it'll take a lot of concentration. You'll be able to do it, though," he said reassuringly. It made sense that this would be a very confusing experience for her, and he was more than willing to be patient and help ease any worries she had and to help her through it all.

He smiled at her, pulling her standing form into a small hug, one hand smoothing gently over her hair. "I promise, I will." The embrace was brief, and he pulled away again, keeping one hand in hers still. He did not know how she would want to walk home, but he was not going to let her lose her balance or fall.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...
Words --

IC....

Amaranth looked at him. She was feeling better her body still ached from the change she hoped in time she would get used to walking. She had wobbly legs as a pup learning to walk so this must be the same thing. She watched him stand as she nodded reaching up she took his hand. His grasp was firm holding her. She felt such a weird feeling for she had never stood this tall before. She smiled though happy that he was here.

Amaranth smiled now that she had her balance for now she knew that vigi was not got to leave her side that he would always be there. She felt as though this may not be to easy but she had confidence in herself to was and learn how to do it. She just needed to do it. Thinking about how to would just over complicate the process. Let nature do its thing she took her first shaky steps held solid by Vigi.

He hugged her and she smiled. She knew that they could do this all she had to do was talk to vigi and not think about what she was doing though she feared that still would not make this as easy as she would like.

[/html]