Newbieeee. :/
Hi, well, as the topic says, i am terribly new...this is my first day. and im having a bit of trouble getting started...
I'll provide some info on my character...

Name: Almundea Guerrero...Mexican, means "the warrior city"

Birthdate: August 8th 2008

Description: Coat Color-Dark Brown/Auburn
Eye Color- One Blue/One Brown
A little small for my age, (a problem from wandering without much food)
(Uhm...cant think of what else i would need to put in here.)

Intro Story: Born post-apocalypse, family abandoned me when i was just a pup. Thought i was alone...That was until i wandered all the way up to Canada... Found these lovely people, and thats where it begins....
Hi! :] I'm Marit, one of the mentors here.

A few comments on your character;
The puppy is way too young to have survived that trip. If the character is two human years, that means he is (in this universe) less than a month old, and still needs milk from mommy. Also they're not good with moving about too much, and their senses aren't fully developed, so the second that puppy did anything on its own, it would die, probably. Or be eaten by some other predator. Also, no pups are playable on this board before they're two months old, so that complicates things.

I don't think anything but an adult wolf would have been able to make that trek without perishing, seeing as it'd take a very long time and he/she would need to hunt and such along the way Smile If you want an abandoned puppy it'd have to be a little older, and you could say it was born around here, but abandoned by their parents, and wandered until it found one of the packs here Smile

But! Your character's birth date states that your wolf is at least over a year old, which means an adult. We go by "wolf" years here, not human years. So if the character is born in 2008, he/she would be an adult wolf now.

Here is a page where you can see how old a werewolf/regular wolf is, in human years, and vice versa. This page is on the Roleplaying guide made especially for this forum, so it could maybe help you to poke around there a little.

Is your character a werewolf or regular wolf? Smile

Ask us anything you'd like!
Ha, oops.
I just looked at that page (thank you for that by the way)
And it says id be about 15 months actual age, for the age i want to be at... (:
My character is a regular wolf. (:
Hey there, Janell, and welcome to ‘Souls!
I ensure you, you are not the first new member to feel a little bit intimidated and out of place, but you’ve posted in the right place, and we will do our best to help you.

If you have already read through the information and roleplay guide and the rules, please bear with me. Here is also the usual “joining form”, it can help you get an idea of what you should include when you take the step and join either an existing wolf/coyote pack or as a loner.

We have a lovely chart here that then would establish your character as 25-27 human years, which is not “very” young, but no doubt a good age (we have a soon ten year old coyote in the Inferni clan ;>)

There is a mandatory choice you will also have to make, and that is whether or not your character is a luperci aka ‘Souls version of werewolf. A great introduction to our werewolves is located here! While most wolves are born with the luperci virus, there are still a few with normal canine characters as well! The choice is yours!

The description of your wolf works no doubt, but it looks quite basic. If you have problems with coming up exactly what you should add to her description, my advise would be to sit back and try to imagine exactly how you want your character to look like. Does she have any particular markings, natural or unusual? Is she compact or is she very skinny; how is her build compared to the normal wolf? Is she built for speed or strength or something in-between? When editing your description of your character, remember that you want other members to see your character as you see it. Here’s a few links of some different profiles that I personally approve of, and you can see how they have chosen to represent and show off their character in their descriptions.
Examples: Gabriel de le Poer, Dawali Amara and Samael Lykoi

Your intro story is somewhat shallow and offers only a minimum of information about your character’s past. It often helps you get into your character if you have a clear overview of what has happened during its life. Think that it’s the sum of its experience and gained knowledge through life that it has become the character it is when you start roleplaying it.

Unless I have misunderstood (which happens), your character is two years old, and then it would look really odd if she thought she was all alone until recently. How did she survive alone as a puppy with no family? What did she do before she came to Canada and ‘Souls? If she was a wandering lone wolf, where did she travel and what did she experience while doing so? Your character’s history is an empty canvas that you can fill out however you want and by doing that it can help you to better create an inspiring and fascinating character.

edit: Marit Undecided Apparently I'm slow! Sorry for the useless wall of text, Janell ^^;;
Ha, okay...this is quite intimidating, see i was working on a fuller story...obviously...but that was extremely basic.
I just havent gotten the time to write the rest....
Hehe, sorry about that. I did not see that Marit had already answered. Smile
Hahaha, tis okay. (:
QUOTE (Almundea_Guerrero @ Apr 2 2010, 09:19 AM)
Ha, oops.
I just looked at that page (thank you for that by the way)
And it says id be about 15 months actual age, for the age i want to be at... (:
My character is a regular wolf. (: [/quote]
15 months works super for being able to travel, then! Smile

If there are anything you are uncertain about, on the creative side (writing, character development ++) or on the practical side (rules on the board and stuff like that), just ask here!

What's your character's personality like? Smile

And yes, I am super-woman, and I type too fast! Sorry Libri ;<
Skittish, yet social in some ways. Shy, it takes a lot for her to open up, but once she does, its hard to get her to shut up. (: She's an optimist, especially after being in her situation. Uhm, more detail to follow, just not sure yet of the details....
Oh an also, how would one go about joining one of the packs? Smile
In most packs you can choose either In Character joining or Out of Character joining.

If you choose in character joining (which is advised if it's your first character here. It helps you get into your character better :>) you play it out in a fresh thread in the chosen pack forum where your wolf arrives at the borders and waits for a member to come greet it. Along with an in character post, some out of character information is also needed. Your character's name, age, gender, luperci/non-luperci and a form of contact.

If you choose out of character joining, you simply copy paste the joining form that lone wolves use (I linked to it in my first post) and post it in the chosen pack forum, and if all the info in the form is okay, a leader will accept you. Once accepted you will be able to start roleplay your character straight away as if she has already joined the pack.

Let me know if you want me to elaborate.
Ah, thank you. Smile
I don't have anything useful to say since Marit and Libri already hopped on the helping but hello and welcome! Big GrinBig Grin
Haha, thank you Kaena. (:
Hello, welcome, and glad to see you've already been helped! ^^ I'm Kiri, one of the administrators!

I went ahead and removed the underscore (the "_") from your login name as it's unnecessary. Your password and everything is the same, just make sure from now on when you log in, you leave the underscore out of your name and just put a space instead. c:
Ah, thank you. I didnt know if i needed it, so i put there in case. But thank you, that looks a lot cleaner. :3