i got a big bag of crabs here
[html]
ooc - i love obscure sexual innuendos. this will be fun tiems. FOR KAE PLZ

After meeting Halo, Cassius never really felt the same. He viewed her in a different light after that first time, but Cassius wasn't sure what that light was. He never saw anyone like that before. He didn't hang out with girls often (except for his mother but she never counted) and wasn't really sure how they... worked. He didn't know what made them tick. The ones he'd met so far were okay, but there weren't that many chicks around in Inferni. The only one had had met that was in Inferni was Halo, but she was really nice though. But Cass still had a hard time talking with her. it was weird.

Exploring the new territory Inferni had gained after the fire, Cassius found an old building, on the side of a long road. He'd seen them back in Louisiana, and they were called highways. He didn't see a sign that named this one, but he didn't bring his map with him either. He decided to look it up later when he returned to the mansion. He looked at the building, which had a faded sign on it. Jacko's Pop & Gas Stop. A lively name for a dead place. Well the humans had named it, so it was their fault in this case.

He moved towards the front doors and peeked inside. Deserted. Figures, since this was newly discovered territory. He wiped his hand on the dirty doors, with little smudge coming off. Fixing his flannel, the hybrid pushed on the door. However, it only went a couple inches before stopping. Cass sighed. The door was so old it was rusted shut. Hitting his head against the glass, Cass kept himself leaning against the door. Until, it suddenly flung open, a large crack accompanying it and Cass fell down as the way cleared inside the shop. Turns out, he broke the door. Lucky him. He got up, dusted himself off, and continued inside.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]

The silver-furred hybrid was busily exploring the new territories that Inferni had gained. The coyote woman saw a distinct advantage in this territory shift. Not only did the River Styx now form their southernmost border, protecting them from outsiders, but they had gained quite a bit of new territory in the shift, as well. Halcyon Mountain was a favorite place of the silver-furred woman; she enjoyed the quiet there, though now it would seem that since Inferni had taken a chunk of it, it wouldn't be so quiet. The cloud-colored coyote had made her way northward, looping about the border from Hades' Beach. She was intent on discovering their new territory's edge; the better she knew the territory, the better it might be defended. Haku had not yet fallen; he would still be seeking the coyote clan's blood. They were not safe yet.

Heading northward, the territory gradually began to change; the relatively lush grasses of the waste slowly became yellow and patchy, broken up by only the occasional scattering of rocks and scruffy yellow sawgrass. The silver-furred coyote increased her pace to a quick trot, the wind blowing salty air at her back from the bay. She could still smell the ocean here, drawing in breath after breath of the refreshing, crisp air. The silver-furred coyote crested a hill and saw before her a peculiar looking building—there was an expanse of cracked asphalt in front of it, with a few rusted pumps sitting beneath a caved-in roof. Only the pillars remained to tell her that once a roof had extended from the building over the gas pumps. A noise had caught her attention, and she just caught the retreating figure of an Infernian heading into the building.

She trotted forward quickly, attempting to catch up with the other coyote. The familiar scent of an Inferni coyote she did not know the name of filled her nose, and she entered the building in her Optime form, glad she had chosen the more dexterous two-legged morph for today's explorations. The other canine had done the hard work of breaking the door down, so Kaena only had to step across the threshold into the dim light of the inside. “Hello?”

Table by Jacoby
<style>
.kae-giftjacoby b {color:#ff0000; }
.kae-giftjacoby p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; }
.kae-giftjacoby {width:430px; border:1px dotted #000000; font-family:arial; font-size:11px; color:#ced0d0; line-height:15px; padding:368px 0px 1px 0px; background-image: url(http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... table1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc - i love obscure sexual innuendos. this will be fun tiems. FOR KAE PLZ

Dark, dank, and dirty was all that needed to be said about the interior of the building. It definitely needed some love and cleaning (emphasis on the cleaning), but it looked promising. He looked around at the shelves, dusty with disuse. Various junk food items were stacked across, as if the store was still open for business. Cass picked off some crusty debris off the side. The refrigeration cabinets were bound to be filled with useless liquids now that it had been many years since anything here was touched, let alone working. The hybrid wiped the glass with his arm, revealing quite a few bottles with disgusting liquid inside. Well, he wasn't going to be touching that anytime soon. Sticking his tongue out in disgust, he moved on.

Continuing his search, Cass moved to the cashier's desk. He looked at the various items placed neatly about. There were mint candies; of which Cass took a few for himself (his favorite was spearmint), some tobacco, and some lighters among other things. Cass took a few stuff, leaving an adequate amount for others who would come. He decided to keep the several boxes of cigarettes and lighters (with various other amounts of miscellaneous items) and would save them for bartering purposes, since he was not a smoker of any kind. He put them in his duffel bag and rummaged his way through the rest of the shop.

While he searched, he heard someone come nearby, a voice calling out. He turned, his goggles reflecting the light coming from outside. He fixed them quickly and responded promptly. "O-oh. Well, howdy Ma'am," he smiled, greeting the stranger cheerily. He knew her from the meeting, but hadn't met her personally. She was Gabe's mother. "Well, I reckon you mus' be Kaena, right?" he chuckled. "I done remember you from tha' meetin' ages back. When tha' war been startin'." He nodded to her, taking off an invisible hat as if bowing, "I be Cassius Arphralos, ma'am. But ya'll can jus' call me Cas fer short."

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]

The silver-furred hybrid did not know this canine personally, though she knew his face and scent from the meeting. It was a part of her job to know all of the canines within Inferni, and this was one face she did not have a name for, though he was immediately recognizable—the coyote's unique color patterning and his goggles. There weren't many canines in the world who wore those—she could not recall another who did in her memory. She remembered this canine speaking of traps and offering ideas where they were concerned; already that struck a good chord within her. Inferni always needed thinkers.

At his assumption of her name, the cloud-colored canine nodded her scarred head, and he spoke of the meeting. “Yeah. You talked about the traps, if I remember,” the canine said, sliding her way into the building. Her yellow-golden eye peered around pointedly, though she showed no signs of disgust at the old human remnants left behind from the last occupants of the building. She was taking it in and sizing it up, wondering what the coyotes might make of this place. “Glad to meet you one-on-one,” she responded to his greeting, offering a short wag of her tail. “What's going on all the way out here? Just exploring the new additions?” she asked, her gaze drawing back to Cassius.

thanks to james for the header image
<style>
.kae-bloody p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.kae-bloody b {color:#3A0503}
.kae-bloody {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BDB0B0; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
ooc -

Once she mentioned him talking about traps he knew that she knew who he was. "Yeah," he chuckled."Yer mem'ry serves y'all well, ma'am." She seemed pretty old to be remembering things, but then again Cass did not know her actual age. He also wouldn't mention that he thought she was a crusty old woman. Yeah, he'd keep that on a need to know basis.

She said it was good they finally met one on one. "Likewise," he replied eagerly. He looked at the bag slung around his shoulder. It was getting a little full, but he didn't take much. "Well, y'all could say that," he said, shuffling his bag a little. "I was jus' takin' a little advantage of them gas stations here. They done be filled with good stuff. I 'member back when I was in Nawlins' we had tons of them gas stops 'round. There done wsn't any stuff left though. Them back home were done greedy. Y'see I been leavin' some stuff fer everyone else. If y'all want it."He peeked in his bag, picking at the things he put inside. "I got them cigarettes and lighters fer barterin' with them other packs. Like them Anywaya folk. Y'know an' stuff like that."

Word Count: 200+

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I guess she's in Optime. >_> I never, ever remember, feh.

Truthfully, some of the hybrid's memories were fading. She could no longer remember her parents' faces, but they had both died when she was relatively young. She could recall much over her long lifetime, but there were some things that were beginning to dim. Memories closer to the present were far sharper, however, and the silver-furred woman was far from losing her head. “Thank you,” she responded, rather simply. “The traps were a good idea,” she said. The hybrid had seen only one man caught in them—and it would seem he was greviously injured prior to even being caught in the trap, which was rather interesting if contemplated.

“I'm glad there's something of use in here. The fire was no good thing, but at least we are further from the wolves now. I think I'll take a pack of cigarettes.” she said, wandering toward one of the packs and picking it up. It had been some time since she'd had them—Naniko had traded her for a pack over the summer, and they had lasted several months, and now it had been several months since she'd had them—well within reason for the cloud-colored woman to try and procure another pack. “Who do you know in AniWaya?” she inquired, mildly interested in this statement. She knew Dawali on a rather friendly level, of course, and she was interested to know of other members in that particular pack.

Table thanks to Ithen!
<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc - lol attack of the Southern drawwwwwwwwl

Cass chuckled bashfully at Kaena's remark on the trap suggestion. "Aw, that ain't nothin'. Cotl an' all them others done helped too." He remembered three other members volunteering for building traps. Anselm; a member he had met previously who happened to be a leader, Cotl; one of Cass' housemates, and Marik; Cotl's brother who had recently arrived at Inferni. They all seemed to take a more defensive approach to the war, like he did. Cassius was glad to see he wasn't alone.

"Yeah, no kiddin' there." The wolves of Dahlia seemed to be quite ruthless as far as Cass had heard. He'd never actually met any of them. It seemed Kaena probably had. Cass couldn't help but take notice to her scars as she reached for a pack of cigarettes. After he mentioned AnyWaya, the silver hybrid was interested who he knew. He figured she must know a few people from there too. "Well, I done met one of 'em by the borders a couple months ago. I stayed inside 'em o' course, I don''t go wanderin' everwheres nowadays. Anyways, she done found a compound bow but it was done broken an' all. So I jus' helped 'er fixin' it up an' all. Name was Asha Amara, I think. Ain't seen 'er fer a whiles, though."

[/html]
[html]

Though the coyote woman preferred the offensive tactic, to be certain, she was not blind to the advantages defense had. Inferni's borders had been well-guarded—it was their damn bad luck that Haku Soul had not been ensnared in one of their traps. There really was no preventing a disaster such as the fire; the cloud-colored woman was not so optimistic as to believe such things as that. Even so, she did lament the loss of territory. Her deft fingers tore at the plastic wrapping around the cigarette pack, though her sable ears were tilted toward Cassius to catch his words as the man spoke. She was having some difficulty interpreting his voice; he had a rather thick accent that the cloud-colored canine was not used to yet.

“Amara, huh?” she said, the surname not lost on her. Dawali Amara was the canine she knew, and the silver-furred canine had respect for him, of course—but who was this woman? Young or old, sister or mother, daughter or mate? The hybrid woman found herself curious of this, and she leaned forward on the counter, prying a cigarette from the pack. Putting it to her mouth, she leaned forward, scouring the remains on the counter for a lighter. “What'd you think of her? Pretty?” she asked, leering at the dusky-furred man in a way entirely inappropriate for her grandmotherly age. Not that she cared—it had been inappropriate with Ahren, to say the least, and such things had never stopped her before.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!

<style>
.kae-akumu p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:40px; }
.kae-akumu b {color: #E69E35;}
.kae-akumu { width: 400px; border: 1px solid black; background-color: #1F0A03; font: 11px/16px verdana; text-align: justify; color: #C17121; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc - I'm pretty boring using the same table over and over again huh? >__>

Well, she was familiar with the name Amara. She must have known Asha or someone with the same name. She seemed a little more interested now as she picked out a cigarette from the pack she held and placed in between her jaws. "Uh yeah," he said, watching as Kaena looked for a lighter. He reached into his bag and pulled one out, holding it out to her. "Here ya go. Y'all can keep it. Tons more in here anyways." He gave her a smile.

His dark ears drew back as she asked what he though of her. What did she mean by that? "I-I dunno, she was a nice girly an' all. Her horse done freaked on me, damn near knocked me on my ass," he chuckled, reminiscing on that last part. "She ain't special though. An' pretty well..." Well, he didn't want to answer that. It seemed like a personal question. She wasn't his mother (but even f his own mother was asking he'd still feel pretty damn embarrassed), but it felt like his grandma was asking him about pretty girls. "Well, she was pretty. I guess..." he drifted off again, not really feeling comfortable about the topic.

[/html]
[html]

XD Well, dude, I have soooo many tables. o_o

The man offered forth a lighter, and the hybrid woman took it gently, tipping her head toward him in thanks. Flicking it carefully with her thumb, she watched the fire flare up from the tiny hole, the fluid within the lighter still carefully contained after all these years. How the humans obtained such longevity from their objects was a mystery to Kaena, but as she lit the cigarette she found she did not care; pleasant tingles ran through her body from the nicotine. She was glad this was a habit she did not take up permanently; such a thing would eventually cause them to stop working as well, and she would obtain nothing from them.

Her single yellow-golden eye peered toward Cassius as he spoke, tilting her scarred head to the side slightly. He seemed nervous, but he wasn't a youngster, as far as Kaena could tell—he should have at least garnered some experience with the opposite sex. Then again, Kaena had started really, really early—at first it had not been her choice, but the nameless, faceless men she had taken after her half-brother had violated her so... well, that was all her choice. The hybrid took another drag from her cigarette and held it away from the other canine. The open door was drawing most of the smoke out of the room, which was a good thing. “Oh yeah? What, was she too old for you or something?” the coyote woman said, grinning toward the mottled coyote. She was still interested in learning just who this other Amara woman was—was there a mate in the background Dawali wasn't telling her about? The thought was maddening, and she simply had to know, though she was not particularly connected with the Aniwayan alpha or anything—they'd only met twice. Then again, the last time they'd met he'd provided some extremely valuable medical supplies, supplies which Kaena had been careful to conceal for a little while, at least—she hadn't wanted anyone to smell the Aniwayan on them.

Word Count: 339
<style>
.kae-nothing p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-nothing b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.kae-nothing-words { border-top:1px solid #000000; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.kae-nothing-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.kae-nothing-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kae-nothing {background-color:#373e41; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc - I made half of Cass' tables myself. I have tooooo much time. i feel like making another one.

Kaena teased him about the girl and it made him a little more uncomfortable. he didn't know how old she was, but she was younger than him he knew. She wasn't too much younger, about two years or more. He shook his head in response to the Lykoi. "Naw. If anythin', she done was too young fer me. I ain't that young, unfortunately. Done took me two years o' my life t' get up here in the North," he explained. "I was jus' one when I left. I turn four in November." he looked down and poked at the ground with his foot. "An' I dunno, I guess I ain't into wolves or somethin'." He felt embarrassed talking about who he is attracted to, but then again he'd never had this type of conversation before. It's always awkward the first time.

He knew Kae was interested about the AniWayan, so he told her more. "I think she said she was the daughter of the leader, or somethin'. She done said her dad was important." He shrugged, his clothes ruffling with his shoulders. "I dunno anymore. We di'n't talk fer long. I jus' fixed 'er stuff an' she up an' left."

[/html]
[html]

The silver-furred canine listened to the other man's particular twang, finding it rather intruiging. Kaena's tastes were definitely varied—Ahren and Zulifer were both full-blooded wolves, whereas Astaroth had been a coyote, and Laruku was both coyote and wolf. Those were only the ones who had given her children, though, and when she considered lovers as well, there tended to be a relatively even mix. Fatin was a touch coyote, Zarah was all coyote—there was no particular trend in her relationships. Old, young, her age—that hardly was her consideration, either. Most had been younger than her by quite a bit—there was a huge gap between herself and Ahren, herself and Laruku—even Astaroth had been quite young when she had him.

“So you've never really settled down long enough to catch yourself a girl, hm?” the coyote said, though her down was a little more serious now. She refused to verbally acknowledge the statement regarding wolves—saying one thing or the other made her look bad. Speaking against relationships with wolves would certainly make her look like a hypocrite—one look at Gabriel or Molochai, and one pretty much knew his father had to be a wolf, especially when compared to any of her other children save Kerberos and Eris, who all possessed more coyote hints in their features. To the statement regarding the Aniwayan, she merely nodded with strange relief to find Dawali had a daughter rather than a mate or lover—she would have thought the existence of such a female in his life would have been worth mentioning in their conversations.

Table by Jimjamz!!!
<style>
.kae-giftjames3 b {color:#d5ba66;}
.kae-giftjames3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 5px;}
.kae-giftjames3 {width:350px;border:1px solid #472709;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... able13.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:200px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffffff; text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-size:12px;font-family:georgia, serif; line-height:13px; color:#472709; margin:0 auto;}
.kae-giftjames-credit {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:-.04px; width:350px; margin:0 auto; text-align:center; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc -

Personally, Cass had absolutely no experience with relationships or girls. He never really worried about "settling down", since his parents never really gave him any kind of "bird and the bees" talk. He was a dead virgin walking and everyone knew it. He also wasn't exactly fueled by any sort of sex drive, so he never really noticed girls that much unless they talked to him up front, which they never did. He wasn't as insecure as many would think, he was just a little socially awkward. Nobody could really blame him for that, since his parent's sheltered him like nobody's buisness. He'd never met anybody else like him, and he sort of liked it that way. That way, he was the only hermit of the area, and he could work on his projects as he pleased.

Turning back to the conversation at hand, Cass though about Kae's question a little. "Hmm, y'know," he started, "I ain't been thinkin' 'bout girls afore, y'know? I ain't worried 'bout 'em, I dun think. Every'un's been worried 'bout mates an' lovers an' all. I ain't seein' the point. What would I done be accomplishin'?" He never really had experience love or any kind of crush before, so what would he know?

[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/erin_kaetablegray.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

blargh :[

The silver-shaded hybrid was rather well-versed in the ways of love. She had been brutally educated in the physical aspects by her half-brother far younger than she should have, and after that she had been given to promiscuity, flaunting her muliebrity to anyone who would have it. The silver-shaded hybrid had even taken mates before—Zulifer had been her mate, Ahren had been her mate. Zarah had almost been her mate, and maybe the same could be said for Fatin. They had been quite close when the now-scarred russet woman had showed up on the borders, shaking and damaged.

But this time when the woman came to her, the scarred hybrid did not accept her so readily—so many times she had been swept away by her family business, Kaena could not help but think it would happen again—and as it were, the Kali woman's scent was fading away from the clan's land. She listened to the mottled brown coyote, her single golden eye focused in on him. She took another drag of her cigarette and ashed on the counter next to herself, intending to wipe it away with the sweep of a hand whenever she was finished. “Well. There's pain in love and mateship and sex,” the coyote woman said bluntly, never one to bother sugar-coating much. “But there can be great joy, too. Kids and all that, even,” the silver-shaded woman said.

<style>
.kae-gifterin091 b {color:#D7CA2E;}
.kae-gifterin091 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc - ewww crap post

When kaena said there was pain, Cassius immediately didn't expect fun things from mateship, love, and whatever else was part of the whole ordeal. He would rather not be hurt, or even hurt someone else, for love. It didn't sound right to him, but then again, he was quite naive for his age when it came to this certain subject. When the silver woman added the joys, it only sounded like more of a hassle... at first. Cass never thought about the kids. He never knew how he was as a kid for his parents. He never exactly knew what they thought. All they did was support him with whatever he did. Maybe that supporting was how they felt. Proud. If he ever had kids, all he would want to feel is the proudness of being their father. That though whirled around in his head for a bit.

"I..." he started. "I guess I never thought about that." he stared at the ground for a second and then looking up, but never looking the woman directly in the eye.

[/html]
[html]

The ash-colored coyote's russet muzzle blossomed into something of a slow smile, and her single eye grew distant. Whatever she was now, whoever she was now, this was a far cry from what she had once been. She had considered her first children a bane, a plague—she had not wanted to continue her bloodline. She was to have been the first and the last, and the Lykoi hybridization should have died with her. Instead, she had created some entirely new breed, some blend of each canine's best traits, and there was all of this progeny—some of it entirely unknown to her, some of it stretched and scattered across the globe.

“Yeah. Us girls aren't all scary, you know?” the elder hybrid teased after a pause, still smiling at the thoughts of her children. They were her reason for living now—without her family, without her blood, what did she have? The silver-shaded coyote knew perfectly well what had triggered such a change in her—it had been seeing Gabriel and his litter for the first time, it had been seeing them grow up and become great and terrible and all their own—for every thing of herself she saw reflected in their faces, there was some new aspect to them, some hint of their fathers or their grandfathers that the hybrid woman could revel in.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]