a little help?
Ok, though I'm not new to the roleplaying at all since I've done it for about 8 years, I do have to admit that i didn't really go out and try out different types of forums. Currently I do the whole proboard.com boards because they seem much easier, but I wanted to try something much more different., thus I found Souls.

Coming up with a character is not hard for me granted I have over 100 through out my time of roleplaying and yes, each and every one has a detailed personality and history. Truthfully I should really stop making new ones and recycle some >.>. But onwards. I spent god knows how long reading and understanding how everything is ran and I finally get some[a bit scatter brained. Best time to be scatter brained? I think not, but anyways...] idea on how it works. Now, creating a a character like I said is no problem...so here is what I do have. [Currently drawing up and creating a fur pattern atm]

Character Name:
Faolan Braeden
I am a dork when it comes to names with meaning. This name happens to mean, fully "Wolf From the Dark Valley"

Character Birthdate (including year):
May 20th 2008
The whole time sequence that I read on the roleplaying guide to me seems to be rather confusing, but I can see how it makes things seem more realistic and time goes by faster unlike many sites who change months every two weeks. So I came up with a resonable birthday for him

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci:
Luperci Ortus

I put a whole history together of the pack he was with earlier on and at first they were Luperci Vetro but they evolved into Ortus. Hope that is logical...

Species:
Canius Lupus Ortus
I believe that's right...

Personality:
It’s hard to describe someone like Faolan because no one really knows what he’s about to do or when. His personality varies and changes with who he’s around and thus no one has been or even capable of learning just who he is. At first glance, he can be rather intimidating with the various scars on his face. But first impression do often turn out misleading. At his first meet, Faolan can be either respectful or down right rude. He does his introduction with either a snazzy remark or a proper greeting with his name. He has this slight sense in himself; making him slightly human, to read the said being before him. He takes in their looks, their eye stare, their posture and body language as well as their speech if they spoke. By that he determines on what route to take.

He can be rather confusing at times, purposely changing the subject like a human would that wanted to stay off the subject. He’s very much scatter brained and changes his thoughts and speech often. He’s hard to follow at times but during the serious motions of his outlook and in depth though process he can be rather intelligent in strategy and in reading other people. He can be quite likeable in that sense but also hated. On several occasions he could possibly play the clown, and then quickly and almost too suddenly change personas and get serious and furious.

Deeply, the reason he constantly changes in his personality is because of the simple fact of being hurt, framed and betrayed in his last ‘family’. He hides himself because he fears that if anyone got to know who he was from outside the mask, which he would relive the moments of his banishment from his old pack. Behind the mask, Faolan is an excellent speaker, a loving and caring protector and a sensitive male. Hiding beneath his wild and rough exterior he feels safer from others. Alone, he will talk to himself, speaking in third person often and, not purposely, speak poorly of himself. He suffers slightly from low self-esteem and cannot grasp reality in some bits.

Aside from his disturbed center, he is constantly changing to the ever changing environment around him. He’s kind and playful with young pups and young adults. Though sweet to females, he does not have any interest in breeding or mating for that matter.

History:
The world of Faolan was dark at first, but that was of course before birth. Faintly he could hear the outside world beyond his mother’s womb. But of course, everything would change once life bloomed in the spring. Upon his birth, along with 2 other siblings, Faolan’s pack was of the Greek and Gaelic origins that still held themselves in the European countries. Though they were rare once the humans had gone extinct in 1988, the pack of his birth held standards of the old ways. They slowly evolved from the Luperci Verto to the Luperci Ortus. Faolan was born May 20, 2008. His pack had grown quite sufficiently and mostly travelled as their Optime forms. His pack were nomads, taken the once human cultures of a pagan lifestyle. But when he was only a few months old, everything seemed to go unbalanced when their leader Brom was overthrown but a loner wolf who had been following the pack.. Galloway took control of the pack from then out and all began to fall apart. He had stopped their nomad humanistic ways and begun to inforce lost wolven ways that the pack seemly forgot through their time. Most of pack’s Optime forms resembled more of a human nature but once Galloway had taken as leader, the young pups had begun to shift and their forms began to resemble that of their ancestors. Faolan’s mother Sorcha was terrified for her young’s safety. Many of the pack members knew that she was the second mate to Brom. Her pups were in danger if Galloway found out that the pups she had bared had been his.

Word was kept quiet until her pups had reached five months old. Resembling slightly like a human child, Faolan and his two sisters were known widely through out the pack. There was only one problem, Galloway. Sorcha had been Galloway’s target for some time to make her his mate. He hadn’t known who the father of the pups was and many pack members swore they didn’t know who fathered her children. But he didn’t care. The pups were of no concern to him, only their mother. Faolan was a gentle soul at his puppyhood. He made friends with many adults of the pack. His intellect was one to challenge.

As he got older, Faolan began to realize that Galloways methods were bringing the pack down. Many of them had been starving and during their last winter in 2009, they lost half their pack. Faolan didn’t wait any longer as he confronted their alpha. Everyone was startled at what the young wolf that so mockingly challenged the leader. Sorcha was terrified for her son’s life. Galloway was merciless, and a tyrant. He snarled at Faolan who proudly and openly stated that he would take Galloway’s place as Alpha like his father before him. It was then that Galloway knew the father of the pups now. Sorcha had been Brom’s mate! Rage built in the wolf’s chest as he so suddenly and savagely attacked the young wolf. Sorcha attacked to save her son from such fate. Faolan fought as well as he could against the older canine. Both in their Secui forms, Faolan was capable of holding his own, for now. But it wasn’t lasting. Sorcha dashed in front of Galloway as he gave a hard blow with his paw, gashing it deep and breaking Sorcha’s ribs on impact. Faolan, to see his mother in such critical condition phased when he felt the pain of Galloway’s next attack. It burned his eye as he kicked and pushed back, feeling the teeth of his enemy on his left ankle and ripping it. He screamed and howled in pain as he could hear the cries around him. He felt it leave and when he did he looked up to see his sisters attacking Galloway. His mother stared at him in her Optime shift and screamed at him to leave. He couldn’t leave! He couldn’t leave them! But he had to. He saw those who were loyal to Galloway advancing.

That day, he escaped with his life, only to hear the dying cries of his family.

I'm not sure what to do with his fur atm, like I said before, working on it. I do however have several charactistics already noted and drawn. Majority from the fight he was in when he was a year old[17 in human years according to the chart] Besides the apperance and whatnot, character building wise I would like some views, pointers and for once, mentoring please.
You've got a lot of good ideas so far! Just to clarify about the werewolves we play, the luperci:
- Luperci verto are wolves that were infected/ gained the ability to shift into the were forms (Secui and Optime). This is usually from sex or a significant transfer of bodily fluids.
- Luperci ortus are wolves born with the ability to shift. So if a luperci verto had a child with another verto, ortus or regular wolf, the offspring would have the ability from birth and be referred to as "luperci ortus."

To clarify, puppies cannot shift until six months, but it may be delayed until sexual maturity. All puppies are born in their lupus (regular wolf) form. So the pack could be more human-like, with all of the adult members may choose to stand upright, such as the Optime luperci on the farthest right.

I hope that answers some of the questions you had! :3
I understood it, and now that actually does clarrify more so I can work more on the history, and thanks for the pup part, I knew I got something wrong there >.> but nothing too hard to fix.

and yes, the old pack he was from chose to be a lot more human. it was the overthrow of the rogue loner Galloway that changed it when he brought a few outsiders after a few more months that they were more feral like in their forms.

But yes, this does help a lot more. Thanks Tayui Big Grin
Hallo there. Big Grin Welcome to 'Souls! Your character looks interesting!

If you wanted Faolan's pack to "evolve" from Verto to Ortus, it could happen--sort of. But Verto never become Ortus, of course, so it would be more like... the first generation of Faolan's pack would have been non-Luperci, and you could say that first generation steadily became infected (Verto), with the generations following that being born with more and more Luperci--like, a Verto/Ortus mother would always give birth to Ortus children, but maybe there were still some non-Luperci breeding for one or two generations until Ortus became the majority? :3 Some of them could remain non-Luperci, others could become Verto after a while, whatever... but because Lupercism is dominant and all that, it would be a very fast evolution--no more than like, two generations at most. Big Grin But it wouldn't be completely impossible for non-Luperci to remain non-Luperci in a pack for a little while. Big Grin

If that makes any sense! Big Grin
that makes a lot of sense, in fact that was kinda what I was thinking after reading the plot of the site and on the difference between the on the roleplaying guide. so I wanted to get a good understanding of the speices and the whole process on how it could happen so I oculd make a good history for Faolan. cause you can't really have a character without a past and his past is what affects him presently and what will change him and what not.

So your explanation of it in more basically followed my thought process Big Grin thanks a lot for clearing it up Kaena ^__^