Let The Rain Fall Down
[html]

Tadaaaaaa <3

Word Count: 342

The sun was shining, it was pretty warm out, and it was raining. It was one of those rare days where every rain drop had its own personal halo, each droplet warm on the skin and pleasant to just stand in and soak. Sure, it made a wolf's fur horribly damp, but it dried soon enough. Tangi was out exploring her new home and had ended up near the center of the territory, right beside a beautiful lake. It was calm and had barely a rock disturbing the placid waters, and yet the rain dared to create chaotic ripples throughout such a beautiful sight. Horrible, really.

The red female was in her preferred two-leg formk resting upon a rock near the shores, away from the protection of the forest. She had sought out the peace, in a sad sort of mood. Even though her heart felt joy at the incredibly beautiful sight of the waters only ten feet from her paws, her mind kept dampening those feelings with it's uncontrollable sorrow. She really hated herself sometimes. Her own mind, something she was stuck with for the rest of her life, made that very same life unbearable with mood swings and the horrible desire for violence, at times.

Tangi closed her eyes and simply listened, her ears swivelling with ever rain drop, feeling the warm water leaking through her fur down to her very skin. She was at peace here, and was content to end her explorations for the day. Maybe she could build a hut nearby this place, as it seemed to calm her soul like nothing else. As she looked peacefully at the blackness that consumed her vision she felt the sad mood leave her conciousness and her usual placid calm return.

Tangi sighed softly. "Finally...." She could always tell when a mood, a feeling, clouded her thoughts, and was always overjoyed when it finally let her be. Maybe, now that she was in a better opinion of the world, someone could come along and enjoy this incredible day with her.

<style type="text/css">
.Tangi01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#565659; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Tangi01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; text-align:right;}
.Tangi01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Tangi01 {margin:0 auto; width:361px; background-color:#191b16; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 462177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838383; padding: 150px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: sorry for being a bit late...

It was one of those strange times when the rain was pouring despite the sun's shining presence. Nonetheless, Xeris needed a walk. The cabin was running low on firewood--not that they'd need a lot in the coming spring and summer, but she always liked to be safe. There was nothing else for her to do today anyway. The children were at home; she'd demanded that they stay there so as not to get wet and possibly sick. For the moment, the ivory-furred female was trying her best to stay out of the rain and slink through the forest.

However, as the Mirror Lake which her cabin was close to came into view, she noticed something out of place. Her golden eyes locked curiously on the unfamiliar figure sitting beside the lake, right out in the middle of the rain. It was at this point that the white wolfess began debating with herself. Would she stay dry or risk getting soaked to fulfill her curiosity? But after a short time her inquisitive nature got the best of her, and she slipped from under the cover of the trees to approach the stranger.

She stayed a short distance away out of respect, but upon entering the other's hearing range, Xeris spoke up. "Hello there," she began simply. "I don't believe I've seen you before."

[/html]
[html]

SORRY about the wait, some things came up in RL >>; Also it's crappy. Ugh not my day.

Word Count: 263

The rain washed away all hint of scent around her, and so Tangi didn't even notice as a strange wolf appeared a distance away from her. When she spoke, the red wolf practically jumped out of her skin as her eyes popped open and she yelped in fright. One hand clutching her chest as her heart beat it's way out of her skin, the other in a claw shape out in front of her body as if to protect her. Seeing how far away the stranger was, she relaxed some but couldn't help but be wary.

Deciding to pretend nothing had happened, she lowered both arms with effort and turned back to face the lake, eyes closing once more but fluttering with the tremors of being forced shut. "Sorry, you frightened me. I'm new around here," Tangi said simply. The rain beat against her closed lids and she soon was soothed out of her frightened state.

Opening one eye to peek out at the golden-eyed female, she looked her up and down briefly. She look nice enough. Closing the eye once more and shuffling over on her boulder to make space, she patted the large rock beside her in invitation. There was plenty of space for three wolves, so they would hardly be hip to hip. That, and the red wolf didn't really want to move. If the female wanted to talk, she could come to her.

She paitently stuck out her long tongue into the air, tasting the damp spring flavours and letting a warm droplet slink down her throat. Ah, refreshing.

<style type="text/css">
.Tangi01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; text-align:right;}
.Tangi01 {margin:0 auto; width:361px; background-color:#191b16; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 462177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838383; padding: 150px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
don't worry about it, I've been having RL issues bigtime too. and this post sucks more than yours. XD

Xeris hadn't meant to startle the unfamiliar wolfess, but it appeared that she had. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she responded quickly. The other female confirmed her suspicions that she was a newcomer. There had been a lot of them lately. Xeris was happy for this; more new faces meant more new friends. The other cleared a space on the boulder she was sitting on, and the white-furred wolfess accepted the invitation and sat down. Looking at the newcomer for a moment, Xeris noticed how much the red wolf seemed to be enjoying the pouring rain. Xeris supposed that she enjoyed a bit of rain every now and then too, but not really so much as the stranger.

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself," she said, apologetic again. "My name is Xeris. It's always good to see a new face every once in a while." Her scarred muzzle broke into a smile. "How are you settling in so far?" Basic questions were best at first, she'd learned. Xeris always tried her best to make newcomers to the pack feel welcome, just as other pack members had to her.

[/html]
[html]

We can be crappy together <3 Also I would usually make my character be all 'I'm so sorry!' so I'm kind of attempting to go the other extreme with this one. It's difficult >>;

Word Count: 470

As the white female apologized for scaring Tangi, her eyelids fluttered in surprise. It was so.... unsettling, to be told "sorry". Usually she was the one doing the apologizing for something she did when she let her self loose. At the moment she felt calm, collected; her normal self, without the pressure of any strange emotion thick upon her brain. It was a rare moment and she thought that maybe the rain had something to do with keeping her mind clear. Whatever the reason, it made her more pleasurable to talk to then usual. "Don't worry about it," she murmured softly.

The red wolfess felt a shift in the air around her as the stranger took her invitation and plopped upon the rock, a respectful distance away that for once didn't stir any sort of panic in her heart. She heard the female's soft breathing, so near to her face, and smiled. Someone actually getting so close... how unusual.

Although Tangi longed to continue to enjoy the sunny and warm spring storm for hours longer, she decided that she could no longer shut out the sight of her comanion. Opening her eyes slowly, rather unwillingly, she looked out through half-closed lids at the lake. It looked like a mirror, shattered by the blows of water droplets as they fell from the sky. The sun shone over the entire scene and lit it with an etheral glow. Unnatural yet so beautiful.

As the woman spoke aloud, it took a moment for it to register that she was talking to Tangi and not some invisible ghost. Good to see a new face... yes. It was always a nice sight, to meet someone new, to have a person integrated into your life so suddenly and yet often so well. It was like there was no 'before'. Only the present. Spinning her butt on the rock to face the wolfess directly, the red female pulled one leg up upon the rock to wrap the accompanying arm around it, her cheekbone using it as a resting place. "It's nice to meet you, Xeris."

At Xeris' smile, Tangi gave a brief grin of her own before settling into her usual peacful, dreamy expression. "I've just been exploring so far. No luck finding a house, and I don't want another den. Sick of those," she said while looking intently into the white wolf's eyes. They were enchanting with their yellow depths, like molten gold. "How long have you been here?" She wasn't usually one to ask questions, often just replying shortly and letting the other person carry on the conversation. This time, she decided that she liked Xeris and was trying her best to build up a form of mutual respect with her. Average people might call it a friendship. Tangi didn't really know what those were.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
The newcomer spoke of her wanderings around the territory and Xeris was instantly reminded of herself. For a moment she felt a bit of nostalgia; ever since the children had been born she hadn't had much time to wander on her own. But they were growing up now and it wouldn't be long before they would be the ones exploring the territory with their newfound freedom. "I see," she began simply. "Yes, there is quite a bit to explore around here. It'll feel like home soon enough."

For a moment, Xeris looked out over the lake which her new packmate had been so entranced by earlier. She hadn't really taken the time to observe it in the rain like this. It was different now, having lost its mirrored surface which gave it its name, but the rippling waters were still beautiful. The white wolfess recalled her adventures with her friends in the stream nearby; the splashing of rain seeming reminiscent of the splashing of her packmates as they fished. But for now she focused her attention back to the conversation at hand, having been asked about how long she'd been in the area. "Almost a year now," was her reply. It was odd; it didn't seem like that long, and yet at the same time it was as if she'd lived in Phoenix Valley forever. Then she realized something, and quickly spoke up. "By the way, I don't believe you've told me your name, what is it?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc

Mood: Regular to Happy (I think this would be beneficial...)

Word Count: 440

Tangi agreed heavily with the amount of exploration to do around the packlands. The sheer size of it was staggering, although compared to the whole island they lived on she supposed it was preportionate; but to think of it as belonging to maybe fifteen, twenty wolves to hunt on and live in was the strangest thing. "I certainly hope so," she said rather mystically, referring to it feeling like home. She'd only ever known one home, and then months of wandering. Between the two extremes, finding another place to call her own would be incredible. "So I can just build.... wherever?" the red wolf asked pleasantly.

Xeris turned out to face the lake that had enticed Tangi so much earlier, and the female followed Xeris' lead. To her dismay, she could feel the raindrops slowing as the oddly beautiful storm passed, but they still fell to a slower beat. Almost in desperation, she reached out a worn paw and attempted to cup the liquid as it trickled slower and slower with each passing moment. Shifting her hand up towards her snout, she peered closely into the clear depths, only to chuck it towards the lake in disgust when there was nothing to be found. What she was expecting to see, she didn't know.

"A year..." she murmurred to herself softly, eyes peering at her hands now resting palm up upon her thighs. Such a long time... she was barely over a year old, although she didn't often act it. Life had aged her quickly. To stay in one place so long, with such obvious contentment, was just, just.... incomprehensible.

The white wolfess interupted her wandering thoughts and brought Tangi back down to reality, hard. She blinked, a joyous presence settling upon her mind with force. Oh great... she thought warily, although in her present state it sounded far happier then she had intended. Suddenly unable to sit still, now full of inexplicable energy, she jumped to her feet with her hands on her hips, tail flicking wildly across her legs.

Her voice louder then usual, energetic and peppy, she shouted out across the lake, "TAAAANNNGIII!!" Peeking back at her companion, she giggled and dropped her arms, spinning in a wild circle and almost tipping backwards into the lake before catching herself in time. "Hahaha! Sorry, I thought I'd said it earlier! I'm Tangi." A paw was thrust towards the white wolf on the rock in apparent greeting, despite having technically been together for a while. She probably thinks I'm insane! Hahahahahaha, I wonder if she's right! All thoughts were eccstatic, at least for the time being. No matter how strange.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc: aaaaagh sorry, it's AP exam week and school is kicking my butt.

Xeris was pleased to find that the newcomer had an optimistic attitude--she herself sure hadn't upon setting out to find a new place to live. She mentioned building, and for a moment Xeris paused, thinking over a proper answer to the question. "Well, that depends on what kind of thing you want to build," she began. "If you find a spot you want to make into a den, then go right ahead. There are some cabins here, too, that you can live in, but you have to be Tenens rank or above." Xeris thought of her own cabin and what the rest of her family was doing. "Don't worry, it doesn't take very long to get there," she added reassuringly. "I'd offer you a temporary home in my cabin, but there isn't really any room!"

It was somewhat to Xeris' relief that the rain began to slow, although she had begun to enjoy it. Pendzez would wonder what she did to get so wet. For now, she watched the red wolfess beside her with curiosity. She seemed intrigued by the length of time that Xeris had been living in the area. It didn't seem that long to Xeris, not compared to her time in Heritage Retreat at least. But yes, it had indeed been almost a full year. She'd seen new faces come and go, been through so many things...

The white wolfess blinked when her companion, now introducing herself as Tangi, stood up and declared her name to what seemed to be the entire world. Not really knowing what else to do, she extended her hand and shook Tangi's outstretched one. "It's a pleasure, Tangi."

[/html]
[html]

Updated.

Mood: Happy

Word Count: 297

At the mention of cabins, Tangi cocked her head, ears perked up. "Hm, I'll have to earn one of those eventually," she said with a mysterious grin upon her maw. She rather liked the idea of having a built home to call her own. She was sick of sleeping outdoors. At the mention of staying with Xeris, she couldn't help but laugh.

"Do you have a mate, is that it? You know, I really should get myself a boyfriend. Know anyone?" she babbled boldly, not considering privacy. She was just inquisitive. As the white wolf took her hand, Tangi shook it up and down enthusiastically but not too roughly, before releasing the paw and spinning in another circle. "Same to you!" she exclaimed, the wind whipping her words around her. She ended up facing the forest that Xeris had emerged from while she had been daydreaming, and stuck her head out to peer into the trees that were damp with rain. Nothing peeked out at her. Maybe her new acquantance could show her around?

"So, would you like to do something more exciting? Rain's stopped and I can't sit still anymore," she called over her shoulder to the female a couple of feet behind her. One paw propped upon her hip, she swished her tail madly. Her fur began to steam in the gentle heat of the sun, although she did try to will it to stay to no avail. With a peek over her shoulder, she grinned again and said, "You must think I'm pretty weird, eh? I just switch moods a lot ya know?" A gentle wind blew across head and brushed her hair into her eyes, causing her to snap playfully at the offending strand before the wind returned it to it's proper place.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc: maybe wrap this up soon? they can definitely have another thread later :3

Xeris smiled at Tangi's mention of boyfriends and mates and such. "Yes, I do," she replied. "And three children. Three very busy and outgoing children." The white female laughed a little at the thought of her kids, always running about. She should probably go check on them soon. If there was one thing she didn't want it was for them to get worried and come to find her. And knowing them, that was something they would do. "Well, I do have a few friends," Xeris began rather awkwardly in response to her new packmate's question. "But perhaps it would be better for you to meet them on your own, you know?" In truth, Xeris wasn't much of a matchmaker.

Tangi mentioned going to do something "more exciting." As much as Xeris hated to disappoint her new friend, she really felt that it was more pressing to get back to her children. "I would love to, but I've left the kids at home and I don't want them to worry too much," she said apologetically. "I hope you understand." A smile came to her face at Tangi's comment about her moods changing rapidly; Xeris had noticed this but hadn't really seen anything too unusual about it. It had been rather startling when Tangi suddenly leapt up and shouted her name to the world, but other than that Xeris couldn't see anything wrong with the red wolfess. "I've met much stranger folks, believe me," she said with a chuckle.
[/html]