And they say grown ups are no fun
[html]

wc 449
This is set on today

Amaranth sat at the edge of the shore the breeze blowing her hair as she sat there. She had learned to shift completely on accident that cat had been terrifyingly scary and had let its marks on her beautiful body. Her tail laid over her lap as she ran a clawed hand through the fur feeling the nub and scar. She crinkled her nose at the thought of the man with brilliant blue eyes. How could someone who had such magnificent eyes be so dark she remembered the look an his face and the way he held her. If only he could see her now he'd think twice she'd show him.

the problem that faced her now was not that she wasn't strong it was that she wasn't used to moving in this body. uncle was spending many hours with her trying to show her martial arts. He wanted her to be strong he wanted to protect her and to show her how to protect herself. He knew it was not Ayita's fault the girl had been hurt and now that she was older she even knew it wasn't her mothers fault that she had gotten hurt by that man but... She took in a deep breath looking out on to the water. The sun was high in the sky it was noon and she wasn't sure what to do with her time.

She wondered if there was anyone out there past the wide ocean that she stared. Her mother had given her books but she hadn't found an interest in them. She was loving the training with her uncle. Her Uncle had taken a lot of time and carved her a weapon known as a boa staff for her. She carried it with her at all times now when in this form though that wasn't often due to the fact she wasn't good at walking in it. She hadn't gotten a chance to as Kable if he could change she wondered if she was the first of the two to actually change that made her kinda happy. Looking at the staff that she had painted with her mothers help she sighed what was she going to do?

Looking at the staff she placed her hand on it and grasped it as she used it to help herself up. Standing felt so weird as she took a step using the staff to hold herself up. Slowly she lifted it so that she was moving unaided as she practiced the balancing techniques her uncle taught her. Slow calm movements and she was standing on her own. She'd learn to use this weapon and she'd never be the weakest link again.

<style type="text/css">
.selfrighteous b {font-weight:bold; color:#f51e31; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.selfrighteousooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb7b86; text-align:right;}
.selfrighteous p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.selfrighteous {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#f8edf4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... hteous.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 373

It was a nice day for Niro he loved going out and sitting near the beach. It calmed him a lot, although he didn’t care for being on a boat, watching it however was a much different experience. It seemed that he wasn’t the only one out here today either. He saw a small figure sitting near the water, he stopped short when he saw the pup, well he wasn’t sure who this was but, weren’t pups fragile and all that? He saw the staff she held as she got up, she must have learned how to change not too long ago. He still had a fresh memory of his first change and he was in a dire situation. They’d been traveling with their parents, but they were also in harsh terrain and his new little paws could barely keep up with the others. He even begged his mom and dad to ride on their backs till they got somewhere easier to learn, but his dad said it was best to learn right as soon as he changed and that was final. His sister changed before him, and she seemed so natural when she first started out. They were on flat ground too, but she helped him get on his feet. It was one of the only times she helped him, so it was a very fond memory. He watched as he practiced her balance, he wondered why she needed a staff to walk. It was best to just walk without any support, but he wasn’t sure, he watched her for a little while, seeing that she was forgetting her tail once in a while, he came a little closer and he sat on the sand, he wanted to make sure she didn’t try to hit him with the staff. He’d look as little scary as he could to her.

You are using your tail the way you would if you’re on four paws, your tail helps you balance.

He said, he was still a distance away but he made sure he was heard over the waves. He didn’t know how pups acted around here with so much protection. He was a puppy once but that was back in a different world.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

wc 294
Hey

Amaranth was alone on the beach or so she thought she hadn't thought that anyone would want to come out her but it was such a nice day. Though it was cold the sun was shining which was amazing because she loved it so. Slowly allowing herself to no longer use her Staff as a cane or cruch she smiled. Standing there she slowly moved one foot shifting her weight slightly. She had tuned out the world around her and had not even noticed to slow coming wolf behind her.

niro wasn't far away by now but she did not notice his peresnce nor think that there maybe someone else on the beach. Moving one foot slowly holding the staff so that she was not leaning on it she smiled. another foot moved slowly as she started the small begenner balancing motions her uncle had taught her. She looked up to him for the power he held for the wisdom and the lack of fear he had.

Feeling very confident with herself she smiled as she heard someone speak. She didn't recognize the voice it was male but who. She had once met Niro's sister but did not know of him. She turned to see who the male was as she gave him an odd look. "And who are you some expert?" She asked her sarcasm falling off her tongue like fire. She didn't really enjoy being told what was right or wrong and she never took critism well. Looking at the strange wolf she rubed her scabbing wound.

Amaranth looked at him more taking a few steps she walked closer to him trying to get a better look at him to see who he was. "I'm Amaranth Catori." she said looking at him.

<style type="text/css">
.selfrighteousooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb7b86; text-align:right;}
.selfrighteous {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#f8edf4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... hteous.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: I am so tired it literally took me all day to write this lol. so if anything seems off just tell me. ^^;

WC: 313

He watched as she practiced. Oblivious to the world, he was glad it was him who came up to her rather than some blood thirsty wolf, but then again this was not Florida and she proved that this place was pretty safe, of course he couldn’t see her tail too well, so he couldn’t see the wound the little pup had. When she heard him speak she gave a short and quite curt retort, and he flushed with embarrassment, he really should just keep his mouth shut.

Uh Sorry, only trying to help. Forgive me.

She moved closer and he smiled slightly, she seemed curious, he was curious about her as well, her pelt had a beautiful red color to it, but what got him were her eyes, they were a beautiful lilac color. She was definitely a part of the pack, but whose pup she was, he didn’t know. He would find out eventually, he was sure her mother or father were around.

It is nice to meet you my name is Niro Takekuro.

he said, then that’s when he noticed her rubbing her scabbing wound. He tilted his head in worry, not sure if he should ask her about it. She seemed to be a blunt little wolf. So he stayed quiet about it, maybe she got into an accident, that was the best he could really come up with.

When I first changed, my sister helped me by playing with me, even though I stumbled, I didn’t really think about the walking part and just did it.

He said, the memory of so long ago came back, he’d felt safe with his parents and his sister. They traveled a lot, although he couldn’t remember where they traveled to anymore. He just remembered where they ended up. Those were the only good memories of him being back across the ocean.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

wc 200+
Hey

Amaranth smiled as she felt herself growing a bit more comfortable with the stranger who had joined her on the beach. She was glad to know that the male was another member here and not some man that had crossed the borders. She still had slight nightmare about the wolf named Haku with blue eyes. She didn't want to come across another wolf who was willing to eat her.

"That was nice of your sister to help you." She said She didn't know why the male was giving her this kind of information but then again it didn't really matter much to her either. "When I first changed I was going to be eaten." She said as she looked out to the ocean. It had only been a couple days since she first changed and she was glad to be able to almost walk fully.

Her mind really wasn't all here today she wanted to just do things and not be bored. She wanted to be a grand warrior and defend herself from every one. She wanted to just be. She didn't want those who were below her to bother her and those above her one day too would be below the young female.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 227

He shrugged at her first comment, she was nice, she’d always been nice but Orin could be pretty pushy too. But he was entirely taken aback but her next comment, about how she changed. Something so horrible couldn’t have happened here could it? He didn’t know how to answer that, he put his hands on his knees and rubbed the fur on them. And looked down

I’m very sorry to hear that… Changing should always be a good experience… um… I don’t really know what to say…

Niro said, he was being honest, her mention of being attacked reminded him of his first experience of an attack, but he was already six months old. He shuddered at the thought.

Well, I learned, where I came from, that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, I see the determination in your eyes.

That was when he realized she wasn’t using that staff to help keep her up, it was something defensive, he remembered he’d always kept his knife on him from the day he got attacked, well his sister did at least. He protected her by biting the wolf’s leg, and running with his sister in toe.

You won’t get hurt again if you don’t want it.

He said, her spunk and determination showed him that she wouldn’t let anyone hurt her even at her young age.

[html]

wc 200+
Hey

Amaranth was wondering where this conversation was going. She wondered why the young male was now speechless. "You don't have to say anything you know that right?" She said with a smile as she turne to just watch the waves roll on to the beach. "I was exploring and ran into a big mommy cat protecting her babies. I can't remember what the mama cat was called." She said looking at him.

Come to think of it the only really scary part of that day was before she shifted. When the cat had come at her she wasn't sure that she'd get away as such a little pup. Then she shifted the thought made her body ache again. Ugg what a sort of weird ache and pain it was when she shifted. She remembered blocking her self but taking a good swipe to the eye and bites to the ear before she had shifted. It could have been worse.

She smiled hearing what he had to say. "thanks I hope not though I think if my eye scars it'll look really cool like my tail." She said smiling with a laugh. She had to find some way to make light of her puppy foolishness. "So what are you out here to do today?" She asked starting to change the subject.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Me and my bird are out for a walk.

Niro said, smiling. He patted the pouch on his side, where he took everywhere he could. He was sure in a few days time, maybe even a week or two, the egg would hatch but for now it stayed at his side.

I like coming to the beach, the smell always calms me.

He replied to her question, thinking about her comment of battle scars, he had scars, but they were not visible through his fur. He wasn’t too proud of them, he’d stolen something from the wolves that gave them to him. And one was a crow that bit him in the butt, thankfully his thick fur covered everything up.

War scars are ok, I wouldn’t be in a hurry for any myself, they hurt like a bastard.

He didn’t have to really tell her that because of the wound on her tail. She knew how much it hurt. He wondered what kind of cat it was, it made him curious, but not curious enough to ask for details of what the cat looked like, she seemed very capable of learning her lessons and preparing herself. She reminded him of himself, but at an older age, he didn’t start reacting to things till he was out of his parents guardianship.

[html]

wc 200+
Hey

Amaranth looked at him. "so you have a bird. thats weird are you saving it for later?" she asked. she wondered why he'd take a bird on a walk but that was his choice she guessed oh well. She didn't really take things places with her but her staff now and that's because it was her weapon. She smiled as she flopped her self back on the ground.

She was so bored with doing nothing by now she had almost lost intrest in the conversation she was having. "I mean my uncle saves things sometime he catches for later though he never takes them on walks does it make them taste better? She was quite curous about it. She figured she'd stop the questions right now.

So what was she supposed to do maybe she'd find Cail and Sylvie though she didn't want to leave the beach it was so nice here out by the ocean maybe Niro could make a good play companion if he wasn't to busy walking his bird. Walking birds and her mom fussing over needing to find her clothes blah clothes she didn't need them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 306

Niro burst out laughing at the sudden commented question about his bird but he paid attention, smiling, as she asked him questions about the bird being food. Pups were quite funny without having to try to be. He had to take a few minutes to compose himself, before he cleared his throat.

No no, predators don’t really eat other predators, this bird, when he hatches and grows up, will becme a great hunter, and I’m going to train him to hunt with me, so… in a way I’ll have some good food in the future, just not the bird itself.

He chuckled, he could tell she was getting anxious, he was himself, he got up, what did pups do for games out here anyway? He only did a little pouncing with his sister but he was much too big to do that with this one.

I have been curious little one, I’m from another place, and had a book worm of a sister to play with, can you show me some games to play?

He was after all still a young one himself, and he had playful tendencies, although it felt so awkward asking her what she played. That made him feel extremely old to have to ask such a question. He knew what Orin wanted but they were twins, they played since they were born, her mostly biting his ear when they couldn’t even see, but that was something his mother told him when he was older, before he lost her and their dad. He knelt a little because he hated looking down on others, he’d rather let them look him straight in the eyes rather than the look up look down game, although he’d probably have to play that with Jac if he saw him again, which he was sure he’d have to.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
srry crappy trying to catch u from a week of nothing.

IC

Amaranth smiled as she leapt up and her tail wagged. "Oh hey I don't know any games to play in this form" she said. Maybe they could make up a game or maybe the games like tag or hid and seek could be played like this too. she looked at Niro. "You've got to know some games." She said with a smile.

"My brother is a weirdo he's always with our dad. I hardly see him so I don't really mind having a sibling." She said. Looking at him though she remembered when they were younger and mommy and them would play. She smiled as she looked at him. She didn't care much about the bird or the fact that he was very weird still trying to hatch a bird.

He was a wolf wolves weren't birds but it didn't matter. Maybe they could hunt or race or of gosh she still didn't know what she could play or really do in this form. she looked at him with a puppish grin. 'I still don't know what we can play."
[html]

He saw the immediate change in her demeanor when he mentioned games, he thought of the games he and his sister played, she liked leap frog, although Orin tended to make him run with her piggy back before they ever really got off on the game. They usually played tag or hide and seek, and then… there was Orin says…. Of course she always had the most peculiar orders ever on that one… and then there was red/green, but they needed more than just two players to play.

Well I only know a few things in this form, me and my sister play tag, or hide and seek, we also had a game of finders keepers, where we would say find something. If you told me to find a stick and I did I would get to tell you to find something, but that tends to be on the really boring days,

He said. That game was only fun when they wanted to collect something or they were so bored and the other games were no fun at all. Orin was the one who loved to make games up. She mostly did it for her benefit or something she found when she had read a children’s story.

hey we could always make something new, your rules!

He said perking up a little. That would definitely get the little girl’s mind whirring! Fun wasn’t something Niro had a lot of, because of where he grew up, he was finally able to act like a real pup now that he was somewhere safe, and so far he only felt comfortable with Orin doing such things as he was a year now, whos to say he couldn’t play with a pup?

amaranth looked at him still not sure about the whole game thing. She wanted to have fun and enjoy the day out in the sunshine but just two wolves out here seemed to be not a lot of fun. though their were not many pups in the pack that she could go and play with either. Her tail wagged slowly as she looked at him. "Um ok well Hide and seek might be hard on the beach but there are so many cool things." She said.

She had heard stories from her mother about pirates and how they would gather and bury it. Amaranth smiled "Lets be pirates." She said looking at him. "Mom told me stories of how they collected things and buried it. Maybe we could collect things and keep them as our treasures." She said as she looked at him. She was hoping that he might like the idea and it'd be fun.
[html]

OOC: sorry it’s short, long crappy day ; ;

When Amaranth mentioned the words pirates his mind went to the books that Orin had him read with her, the treasure island one stuck to his head, and he smiled,

That sounds like a great idea, I heard they had maps.

He said, smiling, then he looked around but he didn’t see anything that could be classified as a map

Hmmm well maybe we don’t need to have one we will just keep our treasure a secret t all! Lets go find some treasure! How about you be the captain and I’ll be your first mate?

He wagged his own tail, this was something that he would be interested in, he was sure that shells would be nice to collect but he would leave it up to the young pup

OOC NP I'm not to good myself no muse at all this week.

Amaranth smiled. She was so excited to see that Niro wanted to play this game. She looked around seeing a cave that they could get into. she was so happy that rocky beaches had caves in rock walls. "Hey we can use that as our base and collect all our treasures there." She said smiling. She wondered what they could gather here.

"We could collect shells and rocks and this thing called sea glass." She said. What else. "And things we find round the pack that we think are cool. We'll be the Cour des Miracles Pirates." She said giggling. "Only we will be the only ones to know about all this cool treasure that we collect. And we can uses them as gifts for loved ones and stuff." she said as she smiled. She hoped that the things they collected would be cool and worth collecting.
[html]

Niro was liking his young new friend a lot more, in some ways she was like him, and he loved how she thought about others, he gave her a pleased grin, showing her approval.

That sounds like a splendid Idea, you might have to show me what the sea glass looks like, but I think I can find some pretty nice shells! There should be some near there, just gotta keep away from that cold water! Oh and I promise, no one but us will know! Not even my sister!
He said, smiling at a thought that he was going to hide something from his sister. It was already a very, very good feeling. He knew she kept some things from him and he rarely had a secret from her, so this would be a very god change. He started looking around and spotted a small shell in seconds he picked it up and brushed it off, it wasn’t too bad looking. It had a light brown splotch, but it was a whole shell, there was no pieces missing to it.

What do you think Captain Amaranth, or should we find something prettier? some thing prettier?

He asked showing his new found shell to her, he would probably still keep it, but he knew his sister said that boys had no taste. He wasn’t going to ask her about all he found though, that would be bothersome , he’d get a bunch before sharing them with her and he was sure she’d do the same in the end.

Amaranth smiled as she looked out. Hmm now things to find and of course they would have to make sure that the cave would be easy for them to navigate. She wondered if she could find any sea glass today. Looking around at the ground she sighed shifting through the sand hoping that there would be some.

Niro caught her attention as she looked at him and the shell. She liked it. "Don't doubt yourself its really pretty Niro.'' She said smiling. She ran her hand through the sand grabbing something "Oh here" She said holing up a little tealish colored square. "This is sea glass." She said smiling. "Mom read me a book that talked about a girl finding some." She said. She knew it came in all sorts of different colors and hoped they could find more on this beach.

She was so happy to have a friend who enjoyed games like she did. She wanted to have a lot of fun and hoped that this game didn't just die after today.
[html]

WC: 381

He was looking for more when Amaranth showed him what sea glass looked like, he stared at it, that was definitely beautiful, and he started digging through the sand for some. He wasn’t in too much luck, and thought it probably would be easier if he had something he could sift all the sand through and catch any rocks or shells.

It is too bad I don’t have my chicken wire, we could sift through some of this,

He said as he moved around the area, picking up all different kinds of things he thought would look nice. He picked up an exceptionally pretty shell where it was all different colors when you moved it. It looks almost like a rainbow of blues purples and pinks, he was sure to keep it just for that even though the shell outside was plain white. Then he made a nice discovery near the rocks, he’d found a Conch, it was not too big, but it was no small thing either. This was definitely turning out to be fun.

Hey and maybe when we are done here, I’m sure we can find things further up shore. I know how to make things too, so if you find something and think it could be made into something I’ll see what I can do and show you!

He said excitedly, he didn’t know the six month old would probably find some kind of fern and ask him to make it out of a tent or something… that’s what most would do, but he wasn’t a pup anymore and that was all lost to him now that he was older and he remembered little from when he was with his parents. Then he spotted something moving toward the water, he moved and picked it up, it was a crab, as soon as it lifted from the ground it snapped onto his hand and he yelped in surprise and pain, his hand flung it, and it dropped on the sand, it’s claws out and defensive.

What the heck…

He stared at the crab curiously, he’d never seen one, he never went to the poisoned beaches of Florida if he could help it so he knew little of sea life. He looked over at amaranth.

Apparently… these hurt.

<style>
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Amaranth smiled as she went over to see what Niro had found. "Hey what is that thing it looks pretty cool" She said smiling. "To bad they hurt or else we could keep it but I don't want anything that could hurt in our cool cave. " She finished as she started looking around. She wanted to see what the cave was like.

"Hey Niro lets go look at the cave and see what its like. Maybe it'll be really cool and we can make it a fort." She had read a bit with her mothers help. The books like the magic tree house. Her mother had only found like one or two but the books. "Maybe we can get like some human stuff and make its cool."

She walked out of the sun into the cool crisp air of the cave.
[html]

WC: 379

the crab, although Niro didn’t know what it was snipped defensively before wading back into the water. Niro licked his hand watching the crab go away, he looked at it and it had only pinched the pad of his paw and only a little blood was coming out. Then Amaranth seemed to be disinterested the second it snapped at him and went into the water. She was just a ball full of curiosity and she had a big case of ADD he wondered if it was because she was a pup or she just got bored easy. He followed her to the mouth of the cave curious as well, he wondered what could be inside here. It was light only for a little bit, and then it was near pitch dark.

As he walked in the change in temperature was quite sudden, but it was a nice kind of change, it was cooler inside, but nothing to freeze his toes off to keep him from going in further. Inside his eyes had to adjust, before he could look around, the dampness of the cave was not a good sign for anything like the human furniture inside the Chien hotel or even papers unless they were in a very special spot to keep from getting damp, but it was hard to tell. Soon he could start seeing what little light went through to the ends of the walls and it was becoming clear as his pupils grew wider and he could start seeing night vision, he put his hand on the damp wall, it wasn’t so bad, maybe if there was another cave further in they would find something more, it might even be less damp, but that was if there was more to the cave than this. He looked behind him to make sure his new friend was following

It’s a bit dark, but I think there may be more to the cave, would you like to lead? I don’t think there are any bats, I don’t see and of their scat here

He said thinking about a worry for him, he didn’t care much for bats, he knew if he didn’t disturb them that thye would be fine, they weren’t meat eaters, they were just a nuisance

<style>
</style>[/html]