Brighten up your smile
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2ff7d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

Private.

His spirits were higher than they had been lately. The war had been a gloom cloud over his head for so long, and the ability to yet again see a sky draped in blue rather than dark gray kept the male floating. Although the children were developing into small adult miniatures, the golden Soul wolf still hunted most of their food. Despite Vark’s eyesight he was a terrific hunter and was of great assistance. The lilac eyed male was glad that the earthen toned wolf lived with them. Lately Conor had taken up many responsibilities and was often busy, and the other male at the same age too carried a heavier burden, as it was expected that he too would help provide for the family as long as he lived under the same roof. That was what a pack was supposed to do; to support each other as a large family would.

While the Soul man seemed to prefer optime, he usually hunted in his plain wolf form. The large wolf flexed in a rather lazy manner as he squinted up at the brilliant blue sky. It had been generally clouded the last days, but today the sun had few obstacles blocking off its rays and the boy enjoyed the warm caresses on his back and neck. Summer was closing in and turning everything green again. While his colours made him a creature of autumn, he loved the explosions of colours that the warm seasons brought. He turned to the front lawn of the large house that his family lived in, waiting patiently for Vark to get ready so that they could hunt for today’s dinner.

[/html]
[html]

Vark's stomach grumbled in protest. He hadn't eaten today, and it was beginning to catch up with him. But he was happy. He had been welcomed into Conor's home like family, and he was beginning to feel like family. Puppies were always balls of energy, excitement and joy, and his thoughts had barely lingered on his parents for more than a few seconds. He was still yet to be a fully fledged member of the pack, but he was starting to feel it. Even now, as he paced towards the front door, he thought how he and his leader were about to hunt together to feed the family. But Vark was a little annoyed. He still hadn't been able to change out of his secui form, and he wasn't used to it's size or strength. He decided to ask his friend about it on their hunt. Being in the bigger form might be a bit of a problem. Vark had always been small, and up until lately, stuck in his basic wolf form. And his eyes were next to useless when it came to hunting. Vark hunted by being invisible right up until he was upon his prey.

Vark nudged the door open with his muzzle. Conor's pleasant scent of cleanliness and herbs brushed the tip of his nose, and as Vark decended into the front yard, Conor's blurry outline came into view. He was in wolf form, so for almost the first time, Vark was not craning his neck to see his friends face."I'm hungry" Vark grumbled as he came along side his friend and they walked out into the street, a grin plastered on his features."Let's get something big. Make a special occasion out of it" Vark breathed deeply, enjoying the air and his friends company. Vark was happy. With his friend in charge of the pack, things were looking brighter already.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrainooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

I'm sorry for the wait <3 they should track down a large buck imo! ;D

Conor too felt that he much more easily could find happiness in these long days frequently touched by the incoming spring. People had died, but his family remained and he had so much to be grateful for. A life could never be perfect, this he had learned, but it could still be a happy life. Lavender gaze danced to the secui form that belonged to Vark when he exited the house and came to join the Soul male. The friendship seemed unchanged after he had made Vark go against his then Alpha and Rosen. The golden male did not doubt that the current leader of Dahlia was debated about, but it felt like as if it did not concern him at all. Conor had not forcefully taken the throne; he had only pushed it off Haku’s head. Some would probably always see him as the usurper, but Conor just wanted to live a comfortable and quiet life surrounded by friends and family.

Smile danced on golden features when his friend’s grumbling words reached his lighter hued ears. He loved the comradeship that had bloomed between the two males. He had not truly lacked friends in his childhood, but he had been a depressed and lonely child pushed down in every way by his father and not at all good at being social. He wondered when everything had changed. Perhaps the day he had stared into Catalyst’s china doll face and seen the crystal water dancing with rays of light in her water blue orbs. He wondered where the girl could be and if she was happy. Vark’s words caught his attention again and he snapped out of the train of thought. ”That’s a brilliant idea, Vark. It would be a pleasant surprise for Alexey and the children if we returned with something larger than a rabbit or two for once.” Conor broke into a light laugh when he thought about some of the scenes where the adults had returned with the usual small game and been showered by complaints by greedy children.

They started off and Conor steered them towards the eastern part of the lands where nature held a firmer grasp than the abandoned cities. They wouldn’t want to travel too far off, because they would need to return with the animal, and if they actually managed to catch a deer then it would be a tough walk back to Wolfville.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait. I suck Sad Sad I will try to keep up. And sorry for grammatically retarded post D:

Conor turned towards the sun as the loped out of the inhabited area. Were heading east, thought Vark, as he felt the warmth on his blind face. Towards the dense vegetation. Good. The parts of nature to the east weren’t visited often by the Dahlians, and the game was abundant and unsuspecting. As the ate away the miles beneath their distance consuming gait, Vark automatically checked the basic environment variables. The wind was coming in from the east, giving them a chance to scent their prey before it saw them. But Vark couldn’t concerntrate for long. He still was marked from his combat with the coyotes, both physically and mentally. He finally decided to talk about it with his friend.
"Ever since the battle,” Vark started hesitantly, unsure of how to continue. "Ever since the battle, I have been thinking. I had an incredible rage and anger towards the coyotes. I wanted blood.” Vark stopped, turning to his friend and leader. "But the blood on my paws as not quenched my grief. I feel… cold. Empty. And dangerous.” Vark looked down at his feet. "I feel as if I need more. I would kill again in an instant. And again and again.” Vark searched for Conor’s eyes. "Killing is part of what we do, who we are, I know,”He said, started to trot forward again. "I’m just afraid I’ve come to enjoy it too much.” Vark looked to his friend again. "If I ever lose control,”Vark said earnestly, "If I ever become a demon of violence, like those coyotes that started this feeling within me, promise me, you will do whatever is necessary to stop me. ”Vark placed a paw on his friends shoulder, his only family, emotions and gratitude and friendship showing strongly on his face.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrainooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
</style>

don't worry about it <3

Tranquillity swept into his mind as they moved from concrete to soft forest. It was not an uncomfortable silence that surrounded them as they made their way. Conor thought it was a good friendship that had bloomed between the two. He had never had many friends when he was younger, and discovering new comradeships always left a good aftertaste. He had done his best to patch up those who had been in war. He had not liked it when he had discovered that Vark had been one of those that had collided with the clan. They had not gotten proper burials. The male regretted that. He did not want to turn and look back at that. Forward, always look forward. Then Vark said something that caused Conor’s pace to halter and eventually stop.

Golden audits took in his friend’s words and thoughts. He recognized the anger that the other spoke of; the anger and grief. He was able to sympathise with that because he had once been there. The leader had managed to get out of it while still very young. Vark’s issues were more dangerous. Lavender orbs met the bright green orbs of the other, but he said nothing as the Gradiuerter continued. When the conclusion was released into the air though, warm hued ears fled to rest against his skull. This did not come as a shock to him—not exactly, but these were horrifying news no matter how he looked at it. ”Truly?” he spoke, settling on his haunches and letting air flow in and out through his lungs.

Killing was a natural part of life of course. It was a carnivore’s life, but to kill other canines and enjoy it? Conor had never done such a thing and knew he was unable to understand what Vark had gone through, but it was not right. ”Do you enjoy taking canine lives?” he wondered quietly, seeking to hear his answer and get it confirmed once more. His stomach felt cold. ”Do you still hate as you did?” he wondered then, allowing lilac eyes to fall from his friend’s form to let the male think about the answer.

[/html]
[html]
wow I really suck. My internet crashed for like a week. But im back

Vark studied the ground, trying to think of a response. The sound of the wind whispering through the grass and the trees was somehow soothing, and helped fill in the silence between the two wolves. Vark thought back to the moment when he tore into the smaller coyotes, spilling it’s life blood out onto the disturbed dirt floor of the forest. He hadn’t felt savage triumph, like he expected, but a kind of numbness. "I still feel anger towards the coyotes, after all, they killed my parents.” Vark said, worrying the grass beneath his toes. "But its not the same. I felt numb. In killing the other coyote, I felt a calmness that I don’t often feel at any other time. It made me forget my own pains. I fear I may use it as a way to forget my pains, and then come to depend on the life blood of other canines.” Vark looked at his friend, determination glittering in his eyes. "But that won’t happen. I won’t let it happen.” Vark started forward, wanting to end that line of conversation. "Come on.” He said, the grin returning to his face. "Lets go hunt.”

[/html]