one must learn to walk before running
[html]

OOC....Takes place umm lets date this April 15th sound good if not let me know.

IC.....

Amaranth took a deep breath as she walked through the land. Standing on two legs had gotten much easier for her she was almost able to run with out falling.Making her way with her boa staff now strapped to her back by a leather strap she smiled happy to be out of the pack lands and exploring. She didn't care what her mother thought she was a big girl and able to defend herself from anything now.

Walking along she decided once again to try her skills at running she had mainly mastered this whole balancing thing and now this was the test of fate. Taking off she gripped on to a tree once or twice to help balance when she knocked herself off. She wanted to master this form she wanted to use it like her uncle said she could. Grabbing a branch she pushed herself into the air a little landing lightly as she semi fell off balance she gasped as she stood up strait. She could do it she knew she could. Continuing an her path through the land towards a pack border she ran and jumped and managed to be ok.

She could smell the border getting closer to her as she took a final leap feeling more confidence from all the times she had landed so well and not fallen. The air made her feel free but the slip of her paw made her gasp as she tumbled to the earth. her boa staff knocked off her on the ground next to her and her body sprawled out on the ground she sighed. Reaching for her staff she started to stand feeling a light pain in her ankle. "Owww man I was doing so well." She said looked at the ground. She rubbed her eye as she had reopened the wound on it as she growled. what a fall man did it hurt.

The next thing she had to figure out where was she and was she going to get eaten. She sniffed the air relizing she had passed the border. Turning around she started to limp back to the edge to where she had wanted to be before she fell and tumbled into the pack area.

[/html]
[html]

Hallo!

She was enjoying herself today, that was for sure. Ember had her spirit guide back and everything was going great for her. It seemed like her life had taken a turn for the better, for once. Today she was playing a game, chasing a pair of squirrels through the treetops. The little critters were very evasive and hard to catch, and she enjoyed testing her skills against them. She had been able to catch them on the ground, but had released them and let them go up into the trees to see if she could catch them up there as well.

The green eyed warrior leaped from large branch to branch, the weapons on her belt tinging together with each landing that she made. This was hard! The animals were fast. She was trying to move one step ahead of them...but no. As soon as she thought she had them they were gone.

Ember didn't realize that she was getting out toward the border until she heard a voice. This startled her a bit; she had thought that she was the only one out in this area. She looked around a few times to be sure that it wasn't a treetop animal talking before focusing her gaze on the ground. Hmm. There was definitely someone there. She cleared her throat, leaping a few branches down. "Hullo down there! What're you doing on the ground?" She asked. Were they hurt?

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

OOC....Hey

IC.....

Amaranth had focused on getting herself out of the pack lands she couldn't help but whine to herself in pain as she looked at her ankle. stupid thing in lupus form she wouldn't have done that. She would have been just fine. Turning a bit she sat herself on the ground. She knew nothing of medical stuff and had no idea about anything realy other then the fact it hurt a bit.

The trees above her head shook with a bit of movement. Probably some forest creature that was trying to get some where. She knew that birds and squirrels and those kinds of animals moved through the trees but she never expected what she saw next to be in a tree.

Amaranth stared up at the tree with her violet eyes. a voice came from them as a black female wolf came into view. The women had these green eyes that were quite pretty but what was she doing in the tree. Wolves belonged on the ground not in a tree. "What am I doing on the ground? What are you doing in a tree? Amaranth asked confused. I'm doing what most wolves do walk and sit on the ground how did you get up there? Why be in a tree any how?" Her curiosity was getting the best of her. Using her boa staff once again she stood and looked at the woman.

[/html]
[html]

Maybe being up in the tree was the more odd thing. She grinned down at the youth. Ember wasn't too particular about the border unless she felt that the lands were in threat...one odd looking canine was barely a threat. The patterns on the girl's coat intrigued her--she looked at her with curious eyes, her straight, beaded and feathered hair hanging down around her face. Ember jumped down out of the tree, landing on her feet next to the other.

"Good point. I was chasing some squirrels...trying to hone my skills. I want to learn how to move through the trees without makin' any sounds. Didja hear me up there before ya saw me?" She asked. Ember did wonder where the girl was from, noticing her foreign scent, but wasn't sure about how to ask. Maybe she should start with herself. "I'm Ember Phoenix, one of th' leaders here"

<style type="text/css">
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

OOC....

IC.....

amaranth wasn't exactly sure what was going on in this woman's head. Chasing squirrels in trees trying to do what again? Amaranth was so lost she was just trying to master this form and become a warrior like her uncle was teaching her .She wondered if this woman Ember knew anything about fighting. She wasn't sure weither or not to ask she was certain at least that she wasn't going to end up hurt. Ember didn't seem mad that she had crossed the border. Though she didn't seem mad with the young pup.

"I'm Amaranth Catori member of Cour des Miracles. It's um nice to meet you. She said as she looked at Ember now that she was at her level. "I was just out looking around seeing what was out past the land I call home. I'm trying to become a warrior I want to be the best there is. My Uncle is trying to teach me." She said her violet lilac eyes burning with passion. She had come to love what she was learning and she needed to learn from many others and even maybe some day get away from the pack she called home right now.

[/html]
[html]

Feel free to have them walk farther in ^^

She was skilled with her sword, but not so good in social situations. Ember felt welcomed within her tribe, yes, but sometimes felt unsure when meeting someone new for the first time. Especially if they were from a different pack. Even though this girl was young, she still felt a small bit of anxiety as she spoke with her. Why had this canine come all this way from her home pack?

Her question was answered with the next words that Amaranth said. Ah, she'd come exploring. "As long as ya have no ill intent, which it seems ya don't, you're more than welcomed inside. I guess we're already partway in, so not too much of a walk, eh?" She smiled. "And a warrior! I think we'll get along great, little lady. What types of weapons have you tried out so far? There are so many. And there are always improvised weapons too, I guess. I'm a warrior myself, here in AniWaya"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

OOC....

IC.....

Amaranth stood back up her ankle no longer hurting just a slight ache. Oh well serves her right for trying to run and jump through and around trees of course she was going to get hurt. She looked at Ember. a warrior really maybe she could teach her somethings. "Well I barley know anything my uncle made me this he calls it a Bo Staff.'' she said trying to remember what her uncle said about it. "He says it was a weapon used in martial arts and he's trying to teach me those too." she said.

"So umm your a warrior so you have weapons and know how to use them could you teach me? I mean you don't have to it might be weird some pack stranger asking you to teach them. actually ya that does seem really weird.' She said starting to laugh as she looked at Ember. So this was Aniway what kind of rules and stuff did they have here? She wondered she was at that stage in life where she was curious about everything. Walking with Ember into the pack lands more she smiled. "I'm sorry I crossed the border it was an accident. I was practicing jumping and running and I fell." she said smiling.

[/html]
[html]

She had never heard of "martial arts" before. The books that Ember had read described how to use a sword, axe, dagger, things like that. They were fantasy books, fiction, as well...so she wasn't sure how accurate they were. But from what it had said in the book, she had trained. She didn't know too many others who had swords, though, so she wasn't sure how skilled she actually was. She'd never come across an enemy with one. The girl practiced every day, though, to keep her muscles ready for such a day.

"It's alright by me that you crossed. I'm pretty easygoing. And as far as weapons go...hm. That might be fun, actually. I have a few extra daggers and an extra axe, but not a sword, I'm afraid. I found this sword in the old castle beyond the human city" She explained. They would have to go back to her den to get the dagger and axe, then they could begin the instruction. Ember motioned toward the area that her den was located at. "We can go get 'em"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

OOC....PP getting them to the den

IC.....

Aranth smiled as they walked. She didn't notice the time that passed by as the older woman talked with her. "Sure that would be great I'm lover to learn. The husky marked girl wasn't sure if she would be able to hold such a big thing like an axe but a dagger which was a knife wasn't it. She could hold that.

"I don't think I can hold the axe. I'm sure I could learn to use a dagger." She said. She hoped that the woman could teach her a little something and maybe she could even teach the woman a bit of something. She was enjoying being out of the pack and getting the experience she craved.

[/html]
[html]

ok :3

This girl was interesting to Ember. It had been a while since she'd seen anyone from outside the territory and even though this creature was young, she was interested in hearing what she had to say. Ember had always been one to speak to children and adolescents like they were adults, the same way she would speak to anyone else. She respected them in that way.

"A dagger, huh? I actually do have a few of those back there. I have a few different styles of hilts, too, so you should be able to find one that you like. I hope! Weapons aren't too easy to come by, but I'm not using all of them so I'd be happy to share. I got this one here that I really enjoy using when I hunt, to get the skins off the hares during winter. I made my son a nice bed of them" She smiled. "Do you have a mother or father over in your pack?"

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

OOC....

IC.....

Amaranth smiled as she looked at ember with her glistening purple eyes. She was surprised the woman was so interested in talking with her. She was excited though she would hope she'd be able to come by ever now and again to see her. Though she would not come by to often as to be annoying. "Oh you have a son." She said smiling.

"I have a brother though he spends a lot of time with our dad." She said. She wondered if he would be sleeping at home tonight with vigi and mommy. She was happy with her family she didn't hate her mother as much as she used to. "Oh Yes my mother is Ayita she came here from far away. My dad is Leroy but I don't spend much time with him and my step dad is Vigilante. My mom and dad made a mistake and thats how my brother and I happened. Mom was truly in love with Vigilante. So after my brother and I were born mom left dad and now we live with Vigi." She said. She was ok with how things were. "So you make things from the fur of ather animals thats kinda cool. My mom doesn't I don't think she knows how. She'd not really to good at much I guess. She also says how different these lands are compared to her home." She said.

"I'm hoping I can learn a lot and be able to protect myself and some day my pups." She said looking at Ember. "I don't want to be like my mom and not be there when they need me." Out of everything for some reason that was the only grudge she had against her mother. She had allowed her to wander off and get hurt by that vile wolf though why did he not kill her he could have killed the young mix pup but he didn't. Smiling again she looked at ember.

[/html]
[html]

Ember had spoken to many adults about things lately...Dawali about things relating to the tribe, Hemming, Yumiko...she hadn't had many conversations with wolves that she didn't already know. She really needed to branch out and meet others. This was good practice for her, this conversation with Amaranth. "I do. His name is Lotus Phoenix. He was brought to me by my adopted sister, who lives outside of the lands. I didn't give birth to him, but he's everything I could ever ask for and more. I never had any kids of my own before."

The girl's story was a little confusing to her, and she had to think for a minute to understand it. She hadn't heard the words step-father or anything like that before. There had always just been her father, Phoenix, and her mother, Iskata. "I see. I grew up with a mother and father. Mother came over the mountain after the fire, but father disappeared" She explained.

They reached Ember's den and she went down inside of it for a moment, coming back up with a few different types of daggers. "These are what I've got. I like what you said about protecting your future pups..I feel that way too. I'd do anything to protect Lotus." She said.

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
Amaranth was happy that the older women was content with talking to her. Unlike many of the adults back home Ember didn't talk down to her like she was stupid or something. She talked to her evenly and in a manner which seemed very respectable. "Oh so you adopted him like my step dad did to me." she said. She didn't know why Ember didn't have her own pups maybe she didn't like the idea of it. Her mother never really explained the whole thing to her.

Amaranth nodded looking at her. "I don't know what my father is doing I don't see him much." She said as she stopped and watched Ember vanish into her den. Amaranth took the time to notice all the animals that were in the trees. She had been born when the animals were starting to vanish and many hibernated during winter so it was very neat to learn and see all the different creatures.

"Oh" She said caught off guard she had been watching to squirrels wrestling in the tree. "Oh wow these are daggers now humans made these right? I mean thats so cool it like an artifact like those things humans used to collect from the past and store in buildings." She said rambling on and on. Catching herself she smiled. "Sorry I talk a lot." She said.
[html]

She still considered herself a kid in some ways. Though she had the duties of the tribe to take care of first, she tried to have as much fun as she could to break free from the feeling of stagnation. "Yep!" She replied. Amaranth had come from a similar situation, it seemed.

"No, no, you're not talking too much. I like it" She grinned as she came back up out of the den with the daggers, placing each one on the ground. "There is much to learn from the humans, in my opinion. I'm very glad that they left all these weapons behind. Do you see one that strikes your interest?"

[/html]
Amaranth looked down at the knives for a minute. She knew nothing really about them. She bent down and ran her hand over them being careful not to cut herself. "Just looking at them makes me marvel at the power of the human mind.I mean each knife has a different look and and feel to them." She said. "How much do you know about the things humans left behind?" She asked.

Picking one up she held it turning it in the light. She felt more curiosity now then she did before. She wondered what went through the mind when these things were being made. Would it be possible for her to make one? Would it be hard or easy? Were there ways to revive parts of human culture that could make ones life simpler. She knew so wolves cooked their food and others ate it raw. Many live in buildings that humans left behind. Some even picked up trades humans did that they read in books or learned form another.