The Reflected Face (open)
The water of the lakes glimmered brightly in the sunny day, looking like two mirrors being hit directly by the glare of the sun to a point where they glimmered an odd silvery color that wasn't usual for lakes. Golden sand stretched alongside the particular lake where a lone individual walked, making a sharp contrast between the water, the sand and the black part wolf that walked alongside the water. From a distance, she looked to be small and not so menacing but if one were to near her, they would find that she was a fairly big wolf, even for not being grown yet. Her purplish red eyes gazed out onto the water and her tail wagged slightly as she gazed at the lake before laying down in the sand. Despite the tranquility of the lake, the beauty of the area could not soothe the soul of the half newfie wolf dog. It was hard to when she had so many scars.

The scars weren't physical but for Aine, they were fairly crippling and difficult to handle. The black wolf drew a long breath, letting her head fall onto her paw on exhale. She missed Fabayo's parents, wishing they were around and yet she knew that the two adult wolves were dead, having been the one to have found their bodies. They had been the only wolves that had accepted her after what had happened with her family, the one she was born into. They had fed her and cared for her, teaching her better hunting techniques. When Fabayo's mother had realized she was pregnant, Aine was one of the first to hear of it and given the important job of guarding the pup. When Fabayo was born, things became so lively and Aine remembered those two months that she had been able to spend with all three of them (Since Fabayo's siblings had failed to thrive) as fun. Seeing the two young adult wolves's corpses burned a scar in Aine's mind right alongside the ones she had from the family she was born into.

Aine gave a whine, putting a paw on the top of her head as those memories hit her. Not just the image of the bodies but also the images of what she had gone through before Fabayo's family. She stood up rather sharply and hit at her reflection in the lake water. "This horrible face..." She said grouchily to herself. "If I didn't have it, none of this would've happened..." Perhaps with the smaller pup and without her, Fabayo's parents would've been able to survive. Aine brought disaster on her families... Her own mother died having her and then she knew she was unwanted. That she was a half breed and a freak within her own blood. Since it was not a full moon and it was daytime, Aine didn't shift. Changing forms was the one thing she kept to herself. She wasn't sure she could trust the others here, even if she had heard that others could shift and seen Cerrdiwyn's form.... Even despite her love for human culture, Aine refused to take the form closest to those she loved to find out about because she was so strange. Overall, the black wolf was having dark thoughts about things she didn't like to think of, negative memories that pained her. All because of the reflected face in the water.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn was at play, much as he was apt to do, running through the pleasant spring air. Today he wasn't playing any specific game or chasing anything, just running and exploring. At only four months old, he was already becoming very knowledgeable of the miles of land, forest and field around his cabin, and he always managed to make it back home just before his mother begins to panic. Today he was out at one of Phoenix Valley's lakes.

The snow-white puppy laughed merrily as he succesfully managed to pounce on his first fish. It got away, but that wasn't the point. It was the principle of the thing! As he emerged from the water, soaking wet, he saw another canine, staring intently at her reflection. She was a good distance off and was lost in her thoughts; she probably hadn't even noticed Delwyn yet. Carefully he padded towards her.

Sadness was an emotion that Delwyn had very little experience with, in himself or others, but he intuitively sensed it in the female he was approaching. Of course, the pup was also very outgoing, very trusting, and more than a little tactless, so he decided the best way to cheer up this complete stranger was to play with her.

"Hi!" he grinned from behind her, "I'm Delwyn! What's your name?" And without even pausing to take a breath he added, "Do you want to catch fish with me?"

[/html]
Delwyn was right, Aine didn't notice him until she heard his voice although she didn't know that. She gave a bit of a jump, already having turned around in the process thanks to knowing how to use her rather heavy body. Although, she did nearly fall to the ground simply because she miscalculated with one of her paws. But... She had enough muscle and balance to keep herself from falling to the ground. Her purplish red or reddish purple eyes looked at the puppy thoughtfully. Her tail wagged a bit when she caught sight of the puppy, she liked puppies on principle, although this one was older than Fabayo. Not to mention, her opposite in color and actually pure wolf in look rather than how very obviously a half breed she was. Of course... Just because she was used to puppies, having taken care of Fabayo for a lot of the two months the golden puppy had been alive, didn't mean that she immediately was able to recognize what a puppy said in their haste to get their words out as quickly as possible.

It took a few moments for her to figure out exactly what he said and when she did, her tail wagged even more. "My name is Aine, I'm sort of new here and pleased to meet you Delwyn." She told him "I'd love to catch fish with you but I don't really know how to do it." Yeah... The older and bigger wolf had never actually caught fish before very well. Most of her catches fish wise were complete luck or she had gone completely into the water for them. even in the water though, it was hard to catch fish with all her hair getting into her eyes. Added to that, her bulk made her just a tiny bit slower then the puppy probably was. She could catch a rabbit though and take down some animals on her own with risk because of her size but she didn't really have fishing skills. Still, fishing was a lot better to do and a lot more rewarding, then laying down and feeling sorry for herself.

She shook herself off a little to get rid of the little bits of golden sand that had managed to invade her fur before moving nearer to Delwyn. Already, she seemed quite a bit cheered up just by the concept of fishing. "So.... How exactly do you fish?" She asked him "I never quite learned how to do it so the only time when I needed to, I ended up either failing miserably or getting lucky." She was not proud of the fact that she got lucky with her other catches but she certainly was not too ashamed to say that she didn't know how to do something. She may be twelve months old and only three months away from being an adult but she still was a puppy to some degree. There were still things that she didn't know and although she taught herself how to read, physical activities you couldn't really teach yourself like you could a more mental activity like reading.
[html]

ooc: hi hi Smile

It was getting quite tiresome. One moment, Xeris would be spending time with her children as usual, and the next, one was missing. The white female had decided that today she was going to find out just where little Delwyn went on his explorations. She had left his siblings at home for now, not wanting them to find or be a distraction. Thankfully, it didn't take Xeris long to discover where her mischievous pup had wandered off to; he had stayed relatively close to the lakes near the cabin. A sudden jolt of worry ran through her body as she spotted a stranger with her son, but could smell the scent of the Valley faintly and knew that this must be a new pack member.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?" she asked her son with a bit of a smile on her face. The ivory-furred wolfess, in her four-legged form, leaned over to nuzzle against her son's head playfully. Xeris now turned her bright gold eyes to the unfamiliar black canine and smiled warmly. "Hello there, I believe this is the first time I've seen you here." She gestured with her snout briefly toward Delwyn. "I see you've met my naughty little son. My name is Xeris. It's always nice to see a new face."

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn giggled with delight when he surprised the older halfbreed, and nearly fell over in throws of laughter when she clumsily landed on most of her feet. "I like you!" he said with a good-natured smile, "you're funny!" His tail wagged so fast, it looked like it was at risk of flying off.

"I'm afraid I don't know how to fish either." The snow-colored pup said earnestly to the shaggy wolf-dog, "But it can't be too hard to learn! Fish don't seem very smart." he added with a mirthful grin towards the water. Suddenly, Delwyn heard his mother's voice as she approached, "Mama!" He cried happily. Today was a good day.

For all his wandering off, let it never be assumed that Delwyn wasn't close to his family: He loved his mother, father and both of his siblings very much. So when his mother arrived, he bolted over to her and nuzzled up to her affectionately. "Mama, do you know how to fish? We need to teach my new friend Aine!"

[/html]
When Delwyn giggled at her landing, the black wolf dog was almost grumpy until he said he liked her. Then her tail wagged too, at such a rapid pace that it seemed like she was making wind. When she was informed by the yyoung pup that he didn't now how to fish but that it couldn't be too hard to learn, she gave a bit of a nod. "Fish aren't that smart so we should be fine..." She said, looking at the water nearby in a contemplative manner. "The prettiness of the lake probably means that there is a lot of fish here." The prettiest lakes are the ones that had algae and green stuff in it. Which she had seen fish eat and the more food there is, the more fish come. She looked forward to the idea of fishing here, so much that it was only when Delwyn called the voice that caught up to them 'mother' that she really knew the person was there.

Aine wagged her tail at the older wolf that came up, the mother of Delwyn. Her eyes were a bright gold that reminded the half newfie of Fabayo. she gave a nod at the comment of being new. "I am new, I just joined recently with my two month old adoptive sister." She admitted to the other wolf. "And your son wasn't being a bother Xeris, I like puppies and I have a two month sister by the name of Fabayo who joined the pack with me." She just wanted the other wolf to know she was safe and that she had experience with pups. She was as much a mother to Fabayo as a sister. Although, she had not heard about the transformation stuff unti later but they did need to work on trust and they did have time in that family until the attack. At that thought, her expression saddened for a moment, her tail going between her legs and head looking at the ground before she shook her head.

Aine wasn't going to let bad stuff bother her. When Delwyn asked about fishing from Xeris, Aine chuckled. She turned to the older wolf. "If you could.... I'd be very grateful" Aine added "Despite the fact that I am good at swimming, I never got around to learning fishing." Aine looked a little embarassed about this. Part of the reason for her lack of fishing expertise was that she tend to read a fair bit in her old family to get out of the way and Fabayo's parents only had two months to refresh her on hunting skills she had barely managed to learn. She could catch a rabbit and thanks to Fabayo's parents, she knew some strategies for taking down larger animals with other people. Time was too short for her to learn how to fish though and she didn't think it was a skill she could learn in a day.
[html]

ooc: short post is short, sorry

This newcomer, Aine as she was called by Delwyn, seemed very friendly, and Xeris liked that. She smiled, both at her son's enthusiasm and the idea of making a new friend. "It's a pleasure to meet you," she replied pleasantly. Delwyn had mentioned fishing; this was something Xeris was mildly good but not particularly adept at. She glanced over into the water for a moment, watching for the sparkle of fish scales.

"Well, I can try," she said. "Sometimes it's easier in a shifted form, but since you can't do that yet, Delwyn, we'll see what we can do on four legs." It occurred to her now that she didn't know if Aine could shift; she decided not to bring up the subject for now. Instead, she focused her golden eyes on the water, edging closer and closer to the lake at a slow pace. Then, there was a sudden flicker of silver, and Xeris shot forward with almost her whole body, returning to the surface with a fish between her teeth, which she deposited on the ground. "There, not too hard. You just have to concentrate."

[/html]
[html]

Over two weeks late. Gads. Oh well. Finals are done, and I'm back. This will be a short post because I figured I'd have Delwyn give the adults in the thread some space if they wanted to talk.

Concentrating was not Delwyn's strongest trait. Staring intently into the shining water, he quickly lost focus on what he was doing and, with a peel of laughter, plunged into the water. Any fish that may have been by the water's edge surely scattered as the hyperactive pup splashed around in the shallows, giggling and squealing.

It was a warm spring day and Delwyn was young; he was glad to be carefree and swim. Adults like his mother and father had duties and worries. They also had experience with the dangers of the world at large. For pups like this one though, those things were a distant unknowable future.

[/html]
Aine gave an energetic wag of her tail, something that didn't help the dog-like image she had because of her half newfie ancestory. "It's a pleasure to meet you too!"She said happily. [color=green]"I didn't think I'd get to meet anyone more then Cerdiwynn in the pack so meeting someone else is nice." Although she did like Cerdiwynn, the other wolf was not easy to find in the large area the pack owned. Not to mention, she was a little more nervous about talking to Cerdiwynn compared to a mother of a pup who probably won't do anything to her as long as she didn't do anything to attack them. The black wolfdog sat down and listened to the woman about the shifted form. Her tail paused at the mention and she decided she'll bring it up carefully.

She watched as the other wolf made a grab for a silvery sheen in the water. At that point, Xeris came up with a fish between her teeth. Aine got up, tail wagging and poked the fish with her paw. "Great!" She told the other wolf "Now I just need to learn how to do that.... But watching helped..." Aine went in for her own fish, just quickly. She was a bit faster and that, combined with a bit of shuffling movement, ended up with her soaked and with no fish. she got out, her fur soaking wet before shaking her thick coat out. Although she liked the water, she felt a bit better to not feel like a drowned rat with her water logged fur. Of course, she still managed to just simply because her fur was to thick to get all the water out immediately.

It was at that point that she noticed that Delwyn had also gone after a fish and had probably managed to scatter all of them in the process. Rather than be angry though, she gave a bit of a chuckle. She laid down beside the rather motherly wolf. She was silent for a bit before she managed to think up the right words to say that wouldn't bother her despite the fact it revealed a secret she didn't normally want to share. "So you said it was easier to fish in a shifted form?" She asked curiously "How?" Despite not actually saying it out loud, just her interest showed that there was a bit more to her.She would never actually shift or say it out loud but hints were ok. Besides, the other wolf seemed safe.
[html]

ooc: laaate, sorry <_<

Xeris heard a familiar name in Aine's speech; Cerridwyn. She'd met that very wolfess just recently. "Yes, usually all of our pack members are very friendly. I'm sure you'll be feeling at home in no time." It seemed that she was always telling newcomers such a thing; but only because it was true. She loved Phoenix Valley and it was her home. The white wolfess just hoped that all the others who came to this place could find it as lovely as she did.

She watched, slightly amused, as her new acquaintance poked at the silvery fish on the ground. Her golden eyes focused on the dark-furred female as she tried to catch her own fish, and had to stifle a laugh when she fell rather comically into the water. Xeris felt rather bad for finding it so amusing, but had an excuse for her laughter when her own son soon fell in after her. "It takes time to learn," she said, smiling. Aine asked how it was easier to fish while shifted, and Xeris chose her words carefully before replying, "Well, for one, you don't get quite as wet. You can use your hands to grab at fish instead of your face. I've even known wolves to use fishing rods like humans did, and those are awfully tough to hold with regular paws."
"Speech"

[/html]
((It's ok... My activity hasn't necessarily been good either... Also, I'm not taking Delwynn's spot but I need the posts in order not to lose Aine and I'm going to get the person who plays Fabayo to post again))

Aine nodded and gave a wag of her tail. "I hope so." She said honestly. "I also hope that my little sister will to." She worried about Fabayo, the little wolf had just lost her mother and father. Of course, she had lost Fabayo's parents too but that was a bit different. They weren't her flesh and blood parents while they were Fabayo's parents. Plus, the little pup even saw the bear kill the adult wolves. Although she had tried to talk about it with her golden furred sister, the little pup wouldn't talk about it. She tried to be happy when Aine knew that wasn't easy or possible. After all, she had to deal with the deaths herself too as well as the guilt about having possibly lost Fabayo to the forest where the little wolf up would've starved. She was the only family Fabayo had left and Fabayo was the only part left of the family that had taken care of her, the wolf would take care of her.

The black wolf got up and poked the fish, partially for the sake of altivating her depression but simply for enjoyment. When she failed at catching the fish and heard Xeris's laughter, she wanted revenge on the other wolf. which is why she deliberately got as close as possible to the older and very motherly wolf before shaking her fur out. Once the very thick fur that she inherited from both her parents was suitably dry, she sat down then laid down. at the comment of it taking time to learn, Aine nodded. "I see... Well, I have all the time to learn now." she said calmly "Although it'll be fairly tricky, I'm going to manage to do this. Right now... I only know how to hunt rabbits and rabbits are harder to get. Not to mention, with my bulk, less filling." She had been practically starved by the timeFabayo's family had found her and it had taken a lot to be able to feed up the wolf to a proper weight again. Of course, at that point she was a pup and it had been easier to feed her but now she was an adult or almost and needed to be able to feed herself in case she was lost in the wild or something.

Aine listened to the description of how to fish as an Optime and the advantages of it with interest. She red eyes had a thoughtful glint to it as she laid her head down on her paws. "I see... I'm going to think on that." She said honestly "Maybe I can see if I can teach Fabayo that method when she gets her optime form. Apparently, her parents could both change and I never knew." Aine actually sounded rather sad when saying that last part and with good reason. If she had known that they could shift, she may have been able to shapeshift more. She would've been far more comfortable and less nervous then. Perhaps they'd even have been able to help her with learning how to hunt while in optime form or something. Oh well... It couldn't be helped. For now, she wasn't going to tell of her capability to change but she was going to try her best to get comfortable with it. Perhaps later she could see if she could try telling someone and getting actua training with the body. For now.... She was just going to get used to the pack and help out Fabayo.