They call this normal
[html]

Photobucket

Sorry it took me a bit to get this up. And sorry for the crappy start almost hit a moose tonight wicked freaked out.

Photobucket

Ayita walked through the stables she was coming down here on a regular basis by now. She was trying to figure out who owned horses here and which ones were not owned if any. She had come to realize that horses were a big part of the culture here and wanted to get to know what horses were like. Living here in the Court was the first time she had ever really come in contact with horses and she didn't know much at all.

Ayita walked up to a beautiful bay mare she had been talking with this horse for a while and she wasn't even sure if the horse understood what she was saying. "I bet you just don't understand me and if you do I doubt you care what I'm saying" She stated looking at the horse as she genitally stroked her nose. She wondered who would know about the horses probably Heath right? She shrugged walking away from the mare as she started looking at all the things in the stable. There were harnesses and saddles she wondered how it all worked.

[/html]
[html]

thanks so much for starting! Big Grin

Heath stuck close to the stables more then ever now. Knowing that his pride Lumière was pregnant made a father instinct come forth from the male that he had never known of. He watched her constantly, checking her often and if he was working with another horse, she was always close by. Her mate, of sorts, the black stallion Rem watched as well. But Heath could only glare at the Friesian when he walked by his stall, though it affected the stallion little. A snort was all he received.

He was walking the roan mare around one of the yards, exercising her for he had given up riding her. The mare was resilient and healthy and still Heath babied her. She hated the lead, hated the slow pace and hated that he would not allow her the freedom of the wide pastures or better yet a rider and open territory. She pulled her head, her thick neck rising and falling in resistance. The male tried to calm her, but even just a few days with such rest was driving the mare mad.

Reluctantly, the coy wolf turned her out. Gold eyes watching as she ran with a rebellious eye through the new green grass. Heath turned to the stables, his pace slow and his features hard and stern as he heard a voice. Turning a corner he saw the female, had he met her before? He wasn’t good with name though her face was very much familiar. “Can I help you?” He asked, a soft smile making him look far less annoyed then he actually was (with the mare of course). He wondered what she was simply visiting.

<style type="text/css">
.heath19 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#56433d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heath19ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#56433d; text-align:left;}
.heath19 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heath19 {margin:0 auto; width:372px; background-color:#d8e9f4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eath19.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #616065; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#616065; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.9px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

Sorry the past post was crappy I'll try to bring my writing back up been so tired with school. Any time I don't mind.

Photobucket

Ayita felt the quietness of the stable the only sounds coming through this place was the wind and the sounds the horses made. She was so curious about the stuff that was around the barn. She had not noticed that heath had joined her. Her brown furred hands traced over a metal bit. Did these creatures enjoy having metal in their mouths?
Ayita mad a slight face as she continued her examination of the things in the stable.

“Can I help you?” The voice caught her off guard as crystal blue eyes turned to look at him. Ayita hadn't seen Heath in a while but she knew he was probably the most knowledgeable one around to talk to. "Hello heath its good to see you again." She said with a smile. Ayita scratched her head as she looked around for a moment.

"Well Heath I hope you can help me." She said as she moved so she was a bit closer to him. "You see I kind like the idea of horse back riding and all that fun stuff. The thing is I don't know which horses belong to wolves which horse don't or if I have to go out and find a horse on my own." She said looking at him.

[/html]
[html]

no worries!

A hand fit tightly into one of the pockets on his pants, and his eyes looked at the other female with curiosity. Many visited here, and the Marshal seemed to know who needed help and those that were just coming and going. She turned to face him, and as she spoke Heath was brought back to the memory of their first meeting. Of course, Lumière had been a bit unsure of the female when the three had come together by a small stream. But the mare had calmed significantly since then. It had been some time ago. “Its been a while Ayita.” he spoke with a small smile, curious to hear what she would say next.

As she explained Heath gave a nod, taking in her words and already figuring out what might be a good fit her here. “Well,” he began, taking a step around her and beckoning her to follow. We do have a few horses that some will ride every now and again, and then there are some that belong to certain members.” He explained, slowing and stopping at the stall of his and Ruri’s own stallion. ” Stark belongs to Ruri and I. And Drogon is Haven’s.” He pointed first at the pale silver horse, and then to the sable stallion that Haven owned.

“Then there are just the rest, the ones that don’t have anyone.” He pointed to the row of horses that they had just been standing in front of, the bay mare she had been conversing with included. “You could, find a wild one and try to tame it. But if you find one that fits you here, you could save yourself the time and pain.” He gave a small smile and a nod at the last few words. Breaking a horse was certainly a painful thing.

<style type="text/css">
.heath19 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#56433d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heath19ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#56433d; text-align:left;}
.heath19 {margin:0 auto; width:372px; background-color:#d8e9f4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eath19.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #616065; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#616065; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.9px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ayita didn't really know the first thing about horses but she was hoping that since heath was here he would be able to teach her and she could slowly learn on her own as well. Maybe she could find a book when she goes to the library with Orin. That would be a good idea finding a book about riding and horses to get more knowlage. "Well i really don't want to have to tame a horse myself seeing as I know nothing really at all about horses." She said.

So there were a few luckily that weren't owned by anyone and that made her rather happy. "Heath so this bay mare isn't taken right." Colors and genders were the extent of her horse knowlage cause in a story she had read it talked about them. "She's so very pretty and i've come down to the stables a few times and just sat with her I wasn't sure it she was taken but since if I understand you she's not." She said. That made her very happy she rather enjoyed the mare. She was so very pretty too.

Looking back at Heath she smiled she hoped she wasn't much of a bother or distracting him from anything he was suposed to be doing. She hoped to get some time to talk to him and learn a bit from him. She really wanted to learn and emerse herself in her new homes culture now that she was getting used to everything here. Though she had to do that pretty fast seeing how she had to raise to crazy pups.

[/html]
[html]

He was sort of in his element, a place where he was completely comfortable and confident. The male had studied many volumes, journals, and even small notebooks that he had found around the stables. They were memoirs of sorts, of the training that some human had done. Others were filled with notes and figures and list after list. He knew most of the horses well, and though he had not spent as much time riding each as he should the general care he gave them had taught Heath a lot.

She spoke, and the male gave a nod. It was a good choice, and Heath realized that he wasn’t in the mood to wrangle a untamed horse himself. His had come to him, not the other way around. Heath had tried to catch a wild stallion, and was not very successful. At all. The coy-wolf then shook his head as her question, No, she isn’t He reassured her, She seems the right size for you too. he commented. The male walked up the horse who stuck her head past the barn door to greet the two canines. She was a pleasant horse, and Heath had never really had that much of a problem with her.

Lets take her out. He said with a small smile. The canine walked over to a few hooks on the wall, and choose on of the many halters that hung there. It would fit well, he figured, and then walked back over to the two creatures. You’ll want to move slowly, Heath began, looking at the wolfess as he spoke. He placed the head harness on the brown mare, gently as he had in the past. she is pretty easy going, though. he commented. Get a lead rope. He requested and pointed to one of the braided ropes that hung on the wall.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

Photobucket

Sorry it took me a bit to get this up. And sorry for the crappy start almost hit a moose tonight wicked freaked out.

Photobucket

Ayita watched heath as he went over and grabbed something. She was so focused on what heath was doing. He was so genital with the horse and so confident. The bay mare never flinched as he put the head harness on her. She wondered what he meant by take her out. Them take the horse out where and why why would they take her out? What were they going to do outside the Stable. Nodding her head she went and grabbed a rope and went back to him.

"This?" She questioned handing it to him. "What are we going to do?" She questioned looking at the horse as it gave a sorta sighing snort. She smiled a bit thinking about what she would name her if she ended up taking the horse as her own.

"You don't happen to have any books on horses do you?" Ayita asked looking at him. She could learn many ways but taking the chance to learn how to ride and care for her from heath seemed great though she could study books and also try to learn that way as well.

[/html]
[html]

Heath took the lead rope from the female. She seemed puzzled, and Heath figured that he wasn’t explaining himself well enough. He wasn’t annoyed or troubled by it or anything, he liked being able to teach another about the ways of the stables and horses. This is a lead rope. He said as he clipped it onto the harness, his voice was even had a sort of warmth or understanding. He had every plan of taking her out of the stall and into one of the rings. She wanted to learn, didn’t she?

We’re going to walk her around. His brown lifted coyly as he looked to the wolfess. Or course they needed to show the mare that neither of them wished her any harm, and how comfortable Ayita could become beside the horse. The door hung open on it’s hinges, and the brown horse took a few steps forward at her new freedom. I do, they are in the loft above us. I could get them for you. Heath had never been without the reading material, for he had learned a lot of what he knew from their pages. That, and from trial and error.

Lets take her to the ring there, and then you can work with her. He looked to the dark pelted female for agreement, and then turned and walked the horse down though the barn and out into the sunlight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ayita was glad to hear that Heath had a couple books that she could read. "Thanks We can get them later." She said as she walked with him. So what were they going to do just lead the horse around? Build trust? I guess that is the best first step. She hoped that the horse would enjoy Ayita's company as much as she enjoyed the horse's.

She figured heath meant that fenced in area she always saw horses in. It must be a training tool but what was she going to do working with the horse. Being so limited on this knowledge she figured it'd be incredibly hard for her in the beginning but she figured Heath was understanding and would help her along the way.

"So what kind of things are we going to do?" She asked she wanted to gain all the knowledge she could. Going over to the ring she saw all sorts of hoof prints and smiled a bit she felt like a kid on Christmas opening presents. She was getting the chance to explore all sorts of new things here and for the first time she knew leaving home was right.
[html]

It was important to stay calm, important to always keep a level head among the other species. Her excitement was easy to read, and Heath watched her out of the corner of his eye as she spoke and walked beside him and the brown furred mare. Heath took it slow, not wanting to make the horse uneasy at the smallest bit. He headed towards the first ring, leading the mare as well as the other canine. Can you open the gate? Heath asked. He could have himself, as he knew the horse would not bolt or be startled by it. Instead he wanted Ayita to do as much she could this first time around, even i it was as simple as learning to move around the stables. It wouldn't always stay that simple of course.

The black armed male waiting until she did so and then led the horse into the ring. The large circle opened before them, and Heath turned the mare around to face the wolfess. He extended the lead, his light toned hand holding it. You take the lead. Heath instructed, wanting to show and explain as they went along. It was hard to tell her everything that they would be going over, for Heath wanted to see how comfortable she was before moving forward with the next step. Just see if she will walked with you, a gentle tug won't hurt. Ease her into the walk. Trial and error, thats what it was all about.

<style type="text/css">
.heathorange b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffd7ae; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathorangeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#31446c; text-align:right;}
.heathorange p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathorange {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#d59752; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... orange.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #31446c; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#31446c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Ayita walked slower now noticing that heath was calm and she probably should be too. Taking a deep breath she walked over to the gate like he asked opening it. She could at least do the simple things. She hoped that what ever she heath asked her to do she could do it. She really wanted to put herself into the pack more and figure out where her place was. She smiled as heath walked in. Shutting the gate behind them she walked over and waited for what he had to say next.

He extended his hand and she looked at it and reached for it. Gently taking the lead rope she gave a slight smiled. Ok now she had the horse but would she have the strength to handle her. She smiled as she slowly started to walk. She felt slightly confident as the mare slowly started to follow her. She took a few more deep breaths trying to keep herself calm.

Ayita had gone a round slowly twice and was confident before she was pulled to an abrupt stop. Looking back she saw the horse just standing there looking at her. "Come." She said giving a gentle tug. the mare sorted coming a bit closer walking as Ayita started again. Once again repeating her stop. Ayita looked at her "Come on." She said with another gentle tug. This game must be amusing for the mare did it once more. Looking at her then heath. "What am I doing wrong." Giving a shake of her head the mare whinnied and leaned into Ayita's face blowing hot air onto it. There the Bay mare rested her head on her shoulder. Ayita could pretty much look into one eye and that was it.
[html]

Gold eyes watched the female as she took the lead and began to walk. He didn’t give any instruction, just watching to see how she held herself and how confident she felt right from the start. Her posture told him a lot, speaking more then any of the questions or words that were said. It was easy to see that she was trying, and making a great attempt at keeping herself calm and at ease. He wondered if there was still a good amount of jitteriness lingering beneath all of the deep inhales.

The more they rounded the easier it became, but with a flick of her ear the mare told him that she had enough. She came to a halt, and Heath watched for a moment, listening to the wolfess as she asked what it was that she could be doing wrong. The Marshal walked up to the pair, the long face settling on the female’s shoulder. She likes you. He spoke with a gruff voice. They were all calm, the mare relaxed and simply seeming bored rather then stubborn.

He took a blanket off the fence rung and placed it on the mare’s back, You want to try to ride her?

<style type="text/css">
.heathfoal b {font-weight:bold; color:#BF9D91; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.heathfoal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.heathfoal p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathfoal {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#E3E5F1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... t/foal.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6E6E76; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#68656E; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin <3

[/html]
Uk I'm so sorry this took so long so busy suck a loser I am...

IC

Crystal blue eyes glanced the best the could at the dark eyed mare. She was determined to do as she wanted but she wasn't sure what the horse wanted was it really that hard for the mare to walk in a stupid circle. She figured either the horse liked her or didn't. though she was hoping that at the very least the horse could get along with her and prefore the small duties like travel and companionship. Ayita had calmed fully now and wasn't nervous or gitty she was seemingly normal now that Heath had told her that the mare liked her.

"Oh well thats good I like her too." She said. She didn't know what else they'd do hopefully something simple like more walking or something. Wait ride? Riding was not simple she'd never really even seen another ride a horse let alone know how to herself. "Umm.. well I don't know I don't think I can." She said. She was uncertain about how she felt on getting on the mare. The mare huffed in her face then raised it looking at heath. Her ever knowing instincs could read that Ayita was nervous and a bit scared.
[html]

The male did not stop moving as the wolfess stood beside the mare, shocked at his suggestion. Heath left the ring, closing the gate with a, Really? Questioning her insecurities with a blank face. His mind was busy with the things that could go wrong, and the things that could go right in the situation. But he was not worried that anything would wrongfully occur, he was experienced. His hand grasped the crate that he found just beyond the fence, picking it up and returning to the female with only a moment's pause.

She likes you. He reaffirmed with a small open- mouth grin. The mare had yet to moved from her place beside Ayita, even as he moved quickly around the pair. Heath placed the crate beside the bay horse, and the looked at her. He was quiet for a moment, a hand on his waist. If not now, when? He asked

<style type="text/css">
.heathfoal b {font-weight:bold; color:#BF9D91; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.heathfoal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.heathfoal p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathfoal {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#E3E5F1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... t/foal.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6E6E76; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#68656E; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin <3

[/html]
Ayita looked at the horse she wasn't exactly sure if any one had ever taken her out on a ride. Was she experienced enough to know what she need to do or were the two females clueless on what they needed to do. She looked at the horse who once again gave her a snort of assurance or maybe frustration because she was taking to long. Ayita smiled petting the mares face. "Be patient with me I don't know what I'm doing."

Ayita looked at heath as he returned to the pair. So the horse liked her was that a big deal it must be. Her eyes looked at the crate as she smiled. "Alright I'll do it." Her confident voice still tinged with the uncertainty of not knowing. The mare eyed her as she got onto the crate. Ayita looked at the horse ok so she had it sit on it. lifting one leg he rested her hands on the mare.

Uncertainty made the mare nervous as she shifted knocking Ayita off balance onto the ground. Brushing her hair out of her face she got on the crate again. She wanted to do this she really did. 1..2..3.. She was up. Ok on the horse now she was on wait was she. She was smiling wide she looked at heath. "Now when I fall off promise not to laugh. I still don't know what I'm doing though."
[html]

Heath was happy to see that she had decided to take the leap and try to ride the mare. The horse gave no indication of becoming trouble, and he had always known her to be easy to read. There were so many things that could be told just from their body language. Just as their species spoke in this sort of silence, the horses did it even more and much better. Their vocals did not stretch as far and their the languages that the canines had, well at least to Heath's knowledge. And because he did not speak this snorting and whinny talk he read their bodies instead. She spoke of nothing that would make his stop and hesitate letting the wolfess ride her.

He held the mare's bridle as she mounted the horse, keeping a steady presence beside her. I promise He spoke with a small chuckle already in his tone. Here we go He warned as he led the horse to the edge of the ring, slowly waking her and getting her used to the weight on her back.

<style type="text/css">
.heathorangeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#31446c; text-align:right;}
.heathorange {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#d59752; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... orange.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #31446c; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#31446c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]Asgi[/html]

Ayita smiled as she grasped the horses mane. She knew that she had to keep her balance some how. She wanted to learn and she knew with Heath here she'd be just fine. She was glad the pace was slow as she wondered where she could go and what she could do on horse back. "So now heath what else do I need to do?" She asked

She was not as nervous as she thought she would be but she wasn't exactly comfortable either. She knew the mare and her would get to know each other soon. She would come by and work with her every day dowing what ever heath told her to today. She wanted to get good at this.
[html]

pretty!

It would take some time for the brown and black female to gain her balance. She needed to strengthen her core, there would be many places that would hurt after she rode for even just a half an hour. At her question, Straighten your back. He spoke, voice a bit stern but still calm. She needed to sit up straight, Find your balance He was now beside her, there if she started to lean one way or the other.

With a hand on the mare's shoulder, Heath guided the pair around the ring. His eyes flickering between the seated wolfess and the horse. He watched for any tension, and notion that there might be stress in horse's body. He didn't want her to startle so there was no chance of her falling.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
I'm so sorry Replies have been shitty I'm having muse issues. Feel free to tell me if you want to end this thread.

Ayita smiled as she straightened herself. They had barely gotten around the ring once and she was feeling slightly achy. She wasn't quite sure on what she was going to feel like after this first riding lesson. She was sure after today she'd start riding small distances by herself not wanting to waste Heaths time.

"Ok so this doesn't seem to bad." She said as she smiled. She was beginning to gain a bit more confidence with each step."I think I've also chosen a name for her. Asgi its Cherokee for Dream." She said looking down at heath slightly. She thought the name fitted the mare quite well. She hoped to breed the horse and raise the foal to be a good riding horse as well but of course she'd have to find the right horse. Maybe her mates horse would be the right one.
[html]

We can put an OOC ending to it, where Heath shows her how to groom Asgi or we can play it out. Doesn't matter to me Big Grin

For her first time on a horse Heath thought that she looked fairly good. Her back would need to be strengthened a bit more, and once she was used to it she would find that her posture would be bettered for good. Heath watched the horse just as closely, making sure her step was fluid and even. He had an eye for gait, or so he liked to think, and found that the mare's was not perfect but fine enough for an enjoyable ride. It was hard to find one as they described in books, and the more Heath saw and experienced the more he had come to understand what perfection was and why they used the words they did to describe it.

Thats a good name. He returned as she told him that the mare would be called Asgi. He liked that it meant something to her, just as his own mare's name meant 'light' in his native french tongue. The meaning was deeper then any would truly know, for the mare had certainly been his light in the darkness of his depression and rage. To look at her, with her roan and merle coloring, 'light' was not what would come to mind. But he understood the true meaning. He watched as the pair took the ring a few more times, and then asked the mare silently to come to a gentle and slow halt. Why don't I show you how to groom her, settle her in after you've ridden. Both weren't used to riding, and the small short introduction would help to build up their strength.

<style type="text/css">
.heathgreentree b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#729086; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathgreentreeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061000; text-align:right;}
.heathgreentree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathgreentree {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 15copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a695c; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]