We Meet At Last
[html]

Alright here it is. I figured Ayita might be able to help her find a dress or something to wear.

Spring. It was finally spring. Though the collie hybrid lacked the means to visually identify the seasonal change, the gradual increase in temperature, the sounds of animals returning from down south or simply awaking from hibernation, and of course the various smells brought on by the entire change. Finally Ruri was able to walk around without having to wear her long, dress-like, cashmere tunic all the time. She enjoyed walking around without clothing during such pleasant weather, though she did want to find something else to wear for those occasional times when she wanted to be clothed. When she had last gone clothes hunting she had had an experienced 'shopper' with her, the lovely Firefly, but as the golden woman was oddly scarce of late Ruri had resorted to searching Lunenburg by herself, not an easy task for a blind woman. Sure she knew the town inside and out, but all of the buildings were just that, buildings on the outside. Their interiors were mysterious and potentially treacherous for the Dauphine, but for some odd reason she had resolved to search for a new outfit by herself.

Her constant companion, the young Maine Coon, Soleil was following dutifully at her heels as she strolled down the old sidewalk of Lunenburg. Bushy tail carried high above his form, green eyes staring upwards at his mistress, the orange tabby was doing his best to be the ever vigilant guard-cat that he was meant to be. He knew that his feminine owner was unable to see, and while she had not given him much reason for concern, his attachment to her made him want to be mindful of her actions. She seemed intent on searching out these old buildings, so he would have to watch her footsteps carefully. If she were about to step on something, or into something potentially hazardous he would have to dart in front of her and brush against her leg to make her stop. This protective behavior would likely have been considered strange by most cats, but then again Soleil wasn't most cats.

However, Ruri was better off than her feline companion thought. She was always aware of where she put her feet, often having to feel around a bit if she was unsure about taking another step. The silver and ivory lautari had been forced by necessity to learn to care for herself while living with Jac on the ship. While he rarely left her side, or she his, she had had to learn to follow precisely behind Jac's every footstep so as to not trip into anything. Her hearing would tell her where each foot fell. After having perfected that she had learned to feel her way around and explore. With those skills polished, travel had become as easy for her as most people with eyesight. Though, she personally had no comparison to go by, as she could not watch a regular person walk. Her belief was based purely on the naive speculations of her relatively innocent mind.

[/html]
sorry for the wait. I almost forgot about this horrible. Kinda crapy

Ayita was a very happy parent her daughter had learned to shift all on her own. Though once again good things for this young pup came with a price. She was never the type to do what Ayita said in fact once again Ayita had told her daughter to becareful and what did she do go and get herself attacked by a Lynx. She was very glad Vigilante was near by. She didn't know what she would have done with out her daughter.

Ayita smiled as she enter Lunenburg she needed to find herself better clothes and now she needed to find some things for her daughter. What kind oth things should she get? She looked around as she sighed where should she start and what should she do. She was aware that she wasn't alone she could her someone else and a scent of another packmember was close. She wondered who was out on this day?

For now she gave up on thinking about clothes and started to look around for the other member. poking her head around the corner of the building she had been at she looked at a silver colored female coming her way. A cat was with her and it was quite pretty. Looking at the woman closer as she got closer she relized who it was though she had never met the other woman. It was Ruri was was oh gosh why could she not think of the position any how she was above Vigilante wasn't she? She was pretty sure. Any how she was bland wasn't she? so what was she doing out her in Lunenburg? "Ruri" Ayita said clearly as she stepped out from the building. She knew the woman wouldn't know her but that was ok atleast she gets to meet her.
[html]

No worries. Don't ever feel you need to rush a reply on my account. I've got my own tendencies for slowness, especially with the semester finishing up. Lots of stuff to do. ^_^.

The Dauphine was nearing the first building she wished to explore when a scent wafted towards her on the wind. The perceptive femme recognized the scent immediately as one belonging to a certain female who had been with the pack for quite awhile. Why had Ruri not met her yet? The lautari scolded herself inwardly for not having made an effort to seek this woman out, and she immediately set out to fix her mistake. What was the woman's name again? She was sure that she'd heard someone mention it at one of the past few pack get togethers. Ayita wasn't it? The silver and ivory femme did not have long to speculate before a feminine voice greeted her from a few yards ahead. "Oh, hello there...I'm sorry I know we haven't ever been properly introduced. It's Ayita, am I right? You're Vigilante's mate?" She questioned, piecing together bits of information she had heard in passing. She had yet to really get to know the Constable yet either. It was now obvious to the woman that she had been neglecting her duties. She would have to make a greater effort to meet all of her pack members individually to get to know them.

Soleil walked close beside his blind owner, looking repeatedly from her to the stranger and back again. This woman seemed friendly, and his initial impression of her seemed good but he would not let his guard down quite yet. They had exchanged verbal greetings, but the conversation had yet to really get into full swing. It would take the flame colored kitten just a little while longer before feeling comfortable enough to introduce himself, but that was simply part of his feline nature. He had to assess the situation before exposing himself. It made perfect sense.

[/html]
Ayita in no means was trying to be quite and she was glad to see that she had not really started the other woman at all. She had seen Heath the other day and enjoyed learning about horses and getting a horse of her own. She taking time out and coming here to roam and happening to meet his mate and one of the leaders was a nice treat. Stepping closer she listened to what Ruri had to say and was quite glad that the female had much to say cause she didn't at the moment.

"Yes I'm Ayita and yes he is my mate don't tell me you've run in to one or both my pups and that they have caused you any problems." She mused lightly. She could only picture her daughter most of all she was such a social little butterfly but for Ruri who was blind the young ever learning pup could have caused mischief.

"Its very nice to meet you Ruri its quite a pleasure. I hate to be rude.." She said looking the other way a bit. "I'd heard you were blind, is that right? I mean I can tell sorta but can you see anything at all?" She felt weird asking but she had heard the female was blind and she could see that she was but could she see a little or was she completely blind. Because if she was she had amazing skills to be out walking and roaming the land. Though she did have a feline friend who could help her in ways she supposed. "So what are you doing out here on this day?"Ayita asked maybe she could help a little.
[html]

When Ayita confirmed Ruri's initial speculations, the slate and ivory femme felt a deep breath of relief exit her lungs. At least she had remembered the woman's name, now perhaps Ruri could work on building a friendship with her. The other wolfess' question regarding her pups brought a gentle shake of the Border collies head indicating a negative to that inquiry. Her long silver locks danced side to side as she shook her head, resembling the rippling currents of a gentle water fall trickling down a gray rock face."I'm afraid I haven't yet had the privilege of meeting your pups, but I would like to very much," the lautari was fondest of puppies, and she relished the chance to interact with them whenever it was given.

Ayita's next inquiry was not entirely unexpected by the Dauphine. Milky blue eyes were directed in the direction of the other woman's voice, in her usual attempt to make some sort of eye contact. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ayita, and don't worry you're not being rude in the least. It's a logical question, and I don't mind a bit. The answer is, yes. I'm blind and I can't see anything with my eyes. I've been this way since birth. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that I can't see anything," she paused and held up her white-furred hands, as if to give a visual example to what she was about to say. My other senses--touch, smell, and hearing--are keener than most other luperci or so people tell me. I see the world through what I hear, smell and feel. For instance, I smelled you coming long before you introduced yourself. Then, when I heard your voice, which is very pretty by the way, and matched that to your scent. You've been to the stable's recently, haven't you? I can barely smell the horses and hay on your fur. Did you meet my mate, Heath, while you were there?" She questioned, her ears perking in interest. The scents of the stables were indeed faintly clinging to Ayita, so little that it must have been at least a day since Ayita had been there. Ruri could barely detect it, but the scent was so familiar that she recognized it immediately. She dared not get into the subject of touch with Ayita right now. The collie hybrid could talk for hours on how her sense of touch was her most vivid way of viewing the world, something she usually reserved for only her closest friends and family. However, she thought she had sufficiently explained her point.

When asked what had brought her to Lunenburg, the Dauphine's lips curved in a slightly timid smile. "I came to try and find some clothes to wear now that the weather is warming up. All I have are cold weather clothes, so I wanted to find at least one thing to wear for the spring and summer. In all honesty, I don't wear clothes all the time. I just want something that I can put on when I'm in the mood for it. The collie girl generally believed that wearing clothes should be only on certain occasions, not the entire time. In fact, when the weather was really nice, wearing clothes seemed silly to the blind girl. Part of this could be blamed on the fact that she had been raised by Jacquez, the sun king who thought that walking around 'au naturale' was best. Ruri was slowly becoming more accustomed to the idea that wearing clothes was also a good idea, but part of her would never be willing to sacrifice the feeling of wearing nothing but her fur and enjoying the warm sun. THat was just how she was.

[/html]
Ayita smiled and sighed a bit in relief she didn't want her pups to cause the young woman any distress. Though now that they were getting older maybe it'd be ok. Looking at her she smiled. "Well someday maybe they'll get to meet you before they grow to old. " She said The thought of her pups growing up made her so sad and a bit worried.

So sense that were stronger seemed interesting she understood what Ruri was saying and was glad to get to chat with her. She enjoyed getting to learn about many things and it allowed her to grow. "Well I can see you get around just fine and you've got yourself a good watch cat." She said smiled. "Oh yes Heath I know him. He's teaching me about horses I want to learn to ride and do exciting things like that. I picked out a horse and I'm quite happy to have one of my own." She said smiling. "I didn't know he was mated though congrats he's a nice guy and handsome too." She said.

Ayita smiled she was here to look for clothes as well this was a great timing on ayita's Part. "Oh I could help you if you like I am here looking for something for me and my daughter. She just learned to shift." She said. She was hoping to find something that was small and something semi attractive for her to use with Vigi but that wasn't a real need she could always go looking another day.
[html]

Word Count:200+ yay for short posts and writers block -_-

At Ayita's revelation that she too was clothes hunting, Ruri's half-folded ears perked in interest, her plumed tail swishing back and forth expectantly. "That's great, I could use the help. Firefly helped me find all of the clothes I have now, but I can't remember which building she took me to. I could also use your help in seeing what looks good on me. I'm usually only concerned with how comfortable something is, since I can't see it anyway, but now that I'm with Heath I like giving him something nice to look at," she replied, blushing slightly. She expected Ayita to understand her meaning for she was mated to Vigilante and understood the various things that went with wanting to look nice for one's mate.

Soleil had assumed a sitting position on Ruri's left side, taking the time to groom himself as the two women conversed. He did not have to watch Ayita anymore as his owner was speaking in friendly tones with her thus indicating that she was not a threat. Perhaps in a moment he would go and officially greet the stranger, showing off his friendly side. The flame orange tabby was an exceptionally friendly cat once people passed his initial inspection. As of this moment, the only thing that kept him from soliciting some strokes from Ayita was his preoccupation with cleaning his feet.

[/html]
ayita was more interested in the conversation then what she had come here to do. She wasn't really sure why the conversation had caught more of her attention. she hoped that she could help Ruri with what she needed. Ayita wasn't much of a shopper though she could always go and see if Strel could come and help the two woman. She chuckled mentally at the thought.

"Its no problem dear I understand she said." So she figured there were a few stores around and many had clothes. So which one to start with and what would look nice on the collie girl. She smiled walking closer to the woman. "So lets see if we can find something light for the summer."

She looked at the cat and smiled. "There's a store to your left that looks like we can find something. Do you need any help?" She asked hoping to be polite she figured the girl could get around fine but. There was broken glass and the way in didn't seem very safe for a blind girl.
[html]

I was thinking Ayita could help Ruri find two dresses, one informal sun dress meant to look pretty but be functional as well, and perhaps a formal dress for those occasions when she needs to look really pretty. I have a design for the formal dress in my head, it's something like a combo between a saloon girl dress and a formal ball gown, in dark blue and black. I figured since Heath dresses in sort of Western attire, Ruri would look kinda cute in a dress with a bit of Western flare. 'Twas just a thought; what do you think?

Ayita's willingness to help her eased Ruri's initial worries that she would not be able to find anything on her own. Having someone around with a good pair of eyes always made finding things a bit easier, especially when those things were supposed to be visually appealing. The slight collie could not help but wag her tail in anticipation. Trying on clothes was something she enjoyed, even though she could not see them to know how she looked. More than anything she liked the feeling of the different fabrics on her fur, not to mention the fact that trying on clothes was something that all females had enjoyed for many years on this earth, though luperci women were just starting to pick up on the craze left to them by the human women of the past.

At Ayita's indication of a nearby store, the lautari turned immediately and started to slowly stroll towards it, attempting to match the pace of the other woman while still being careful where she stepped,""I think I'll be alright. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out where to step, but if you see something that might be hard for me to miss, then feel free to let me know," she explained, not refusing Ayita's offer but rather explaining what she might need help with. Though she really needed very little help, it was not in her nature to deny someone the opportunity to help her entirely. After all, she always sought to help people and she felt bad when she was unable to do so.

Soleil noticed the stranger looking at him and smiling, a facial expression he had come to recognize meant that a person was friendly. At first smiles had confused him, as the only time he had ever seen something curl its lips was when that thing was being aggressive, but he had come to learn that canines seemed to have all sorts of facial expressions with numerous meanings. Smiling, he had discovered occurred when someone was happy and wished to express it. So, in response to Ayita's smile, Soleil initiated his greeting by padding over to the woman and rubbing his side against her leg, letting her feel his contented purring. If she reached down to pet him he would allow it, for she had passed his evaluation. She was safe for his mistress, Ruri, so she must be safe for him.

[/html]
I'm so sorry this took so long I'm horrible. I so so sorry it took so long

Ayita smiled as the cat the woman was with warmed up to her leaning down stroking the cat once she smiled. "I'm not so bad I promise." She followed behind Ruki who proved that she needed no help when it came to making her way around. Maybe Ayita had been to worried or to caught up in raising her pups that she was acting like a mother hen to Ruri.

The building was cool and much darker then the outside world. So the two women were out looking for clothes. Ayita was the best at choosing things but she was sure she could find something lovely for the gray girl. This store was very different from many she had been in. There were dresses every where. "Wow Ruri there's plenty of stuff in here. " Ayita said smiling. She almost said something very stupid like do you see this.

"So you want something nice for heath and something cool for you nothing to heavy it'll get warmer but how warm does it get here?" She wondered not too warm they were pretty far north. She hoped to find another skirt or sundress and stuff for her daughter but first she was going to look for what Ruri wants. "So my dear you describe to me what you think you want or do you want me to describe dresses to you?"
[html]

The blind lautari strolled into the store with Ayita, glad to have another feminine presence to help her find some clothing. Soleil, while he was affectionate and fun to be around was fairly useless when it came to finding clothing. As they found their way further into the store Ruri made sure to step carefully, briefly feeling with her feet before committing to each step. Once or twice Soleil had gently rubbing against her foot when she had almost stepped on some glass, or he simply swatted the dangerous shards out of the way. It was a bit of an odd sight seeing the kitten effectively clearing the way for his mistress.

Once among the racks of clothes, Soleil resumed prowling about the room, curiously investigating these many strange collections of hanging, fabric coverings. "It certainly seems like it," she commented regarding Ayita's exclamation at the number of dresses. The blind woman couldn't help but run her fingers over the numerous dresses, all hanging on the racks, having not been touched in years. When Ayita asked her what precisely she wanted, the silver and ivory collie-girl paused to think. "Well, I was first planning on trying to find something light that I could just slip on when I felt like wearing clothes. The only other thing I wanted was, like you said, something for Heath to enjoy looking at. I can't imagine how I would have managed finding something without you here Ayita," she exclaimed, somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of dresses in this one store. Without Ayita she would have spent hours trying on all sorts of dresses, likely not picking any because she would not have known if she looked good in them or if they fit properly. This was one area of life that being blind made very difficult.

[/html]
Ayita nodded as she watched the feline help its owner. Cats she sometimes thought that they were smarter then the wolves. They had this cunning ability to them. "Well then my dear lets see what we have here." Ayita said shifting through the racks. She would have to bring her daughter here to find a dress for her. Pulling down a white very thin strapped summer dress Ayita smiled. "This seems to be light." She said holding the dress out to Ruri.

"Its white and could be used on warm days it you wanted to just dress up a bit like for a picnic with Heath." She said. She knew that there wasn't a lot of light dresses in this store for they were fairly far north and it was a bit cool for the humans.

She wasn't exactly sure what she'd find in a store like this it seemed to be like a costumeish style store for there were items in it like ears and tails. It just made her laugh a bit.
[html]

I am so horrible. I'm very sorry. We'll have to have another thread after this one so that I can make it all up to you ^_^

Upon entering the main portion of the store, Ruri merely paused and listened to Ayita as she started to go through the racks. The Dauphine was useless in finding clothes, the more that she thought about it, so she would just let Ayita do her thing. The slate and ivory femme did not like to just sit back and depend on others all the time, but this was one of those occasions where it was necessary. It did not take long for her new friend to find the first dress, which she quickly held out to Ruri, making sure it got to her hands. It was definitely light, which the delicate collie girl liked immediately. She didn't always like to feel like she was wearing clothes even when she was. This would probably be great. Feeling around for the correct way to put the dress on, Ruri quickly slipped it over her head. It indeed was light and airy, but it hugged her waist just enough to accentuate her feminine physique. Of course, Ruri only knew that it felt like something she would like. "How do I look Ayita?" She questioned, trying to strike a pose and giggling at her undoubtedly ridiculous efforts. Hanging out with her fellow pack members, especially such a friendly woman as Ayita was really fun. Having grown up with very little feminine influence in her life, Ruri had only discovered how enjoyable having feminine friends really was upon coming to the lands of Cour des Miracles. Hanging out with other females hadn't really changed the way she acted, at least not that she could tell, but it was definitely fun. Not to say it was more fun than hanging out with men, but it was definitely just as fun.

The idea Ayita proposed of having a picnic with Heath immediately sparked Ruri's curiosity. That sounded very romantic, and Ruri could already think of how fun it would be to take their horses out for a ride before sitting and having something to eat. Any excuse to spend time with her mate was fun for Ruri. Perhaps she would have to follow Ayita's advice.

[/html]
No I'm sorry so busy moving and stuff I forgot about this.

Ayita smiled as she looked at Ruri the girl was so pretty it was such a sham that she could not see herself and know how luck heath was to have her. She was one of the woman in the pack and a leader to boot. The pack had many beautiful and handsome wolves no wonder this pack was more like a human kingdom. Many of the wolves here were very smart and knew other languages and to read and write. Though that was grand she wondered if they too would become stricken with power like the humans.

Ayita smiled laughing a bit as she ran her hand through the woman's hair untucking it from the dress. "I wish you could see yourself. Heath is a lucky man you look stunning." She said with a smile. She could only imagine what the young many would think. She was pretty even blind the girl just had a look of elegance. "You don't even have to try so hard just standing there you look lovely. He'll love it."
[html]

ooc...

Even Soleil, the young Maine coon seemed to agree with Ayita as he padded up to his mistress and rubbed against her leg, seemingly in approval of the white sun dress."Well, thank you very much Ayita, but I personally think I'm the lucky one. Heath's just the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me," she replied, milky blue eyes gleaming as she thought about her mate. They really were the perfect pair. She was delicate, feminine and sensitive and he was the loving, strong and sturdy pillar that helped to keep her standing. She knew he would probably say the same of her, which made her all the more certain in her belief.

The slate and ivory Dauphine couldn't help but laugh as Soleil expressed his opinion in his own feline way and she knelt down to thank him properly. "I'm glad you think I look nice too, Soleil," she exclaimed, reaching her hand out to scratch the adolescent tabby behind the ears. The strokes from his mistress' soft hands made Soleil shut his emerald eyes in sheer contentment, even going so far as to lean into her hand as she caressed him. This continued for a few moments before Ruri stood yet again and turned to face Ayita, "Alright, now it's your turn Ayita, we should try and find something for you, or your daughter. After all, that is the other reason we came here, right?" The lautari questioned, lips curved in an excited smile. While she would not be much help in the visual side of the search, she knew what sort of fabrics felt good against one's fur. She could pick things more suited for comfort than for looks, then Ayita could decide.

[/html]
Ayita smiled as she watched the girl she couldn't help but feel right at home here. the only thing was that she couldn't understand why she couldn't let the pst and her past life fully go. She figured it was hard to be something one day and then stundded and be something else another. Ayita looked at Ruri. 'Oh yess well I almost forgot." She said laughinmg a bit. "I got so into trying to help you and figuring out what made you look nice that I forgot I even wanted to get anything." She stated as she looked around rather bored. She wasn't sure what she was going to get maybe just a cute little summer dress to get her daughter started.