Its not that Simple
[html]

It would only take a day or two, right? Perhaps Heath could ask Haven to check in on Ruri, just to stop by and see if she was alright. The male had not been away from her one night since he had moved into her cabin, and it would be hard to do so now. But there were times when he needed to give her space, and take his own. It would likely reaffirm their relationship a bit, if not given the chance to miss one another now could they always remember that they would.? Comfort and habit were something that they had both settled into, and Heath hoped that his mate would not mind him breaking the mold that they had set.

He gave a nod, a small smile on his face. Eyes were brighter now, the heavy thoughts of the past no longer weighing either of them down. At least not as much. I’m sure we would find something talk about, too. His voice was full of the normal spring that he held, thinking forward and focusing on their possible trip. He wondered if he would take Lumière or Stark, but then he figured that he would not be able to leave along side Anann and Rem, and not bring her. He would have to so some research, for he had not ridden her since finding out that she was pregnant and it worried him.

How about there He said with a gesture of his hand to a fallen tree. Its trunk was more then long enough to fit four wolves, and rounded with new branches left on it. The morte dre Soul male took the seat that he had thought she needed when they first began their walk and looked to the golden fey. He wondered if his question would be able to be answered by her, Would you ride Lumière now, if you were me? it was a small question that he spoke as she sat beside him. He wondered in silence if she had been to many births, and had dealt with it often where ever she came from.

<style type="text/css">
.heathmomfoal b {font-weight:bold; color:#C0AD45; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.heathmomfoal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:left; }
.heathmomfoal p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathmomfoal {margin:0 auto; width:411px; background-color:#E8E6F1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erfoal.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #927128; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; color:#B8B488; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]

300+
300+
[html]

She scratched a particularly persistent itch at the base of her neck. Shedding undercoat clung to her fingers. She gave it a look of annoyance before blowing the fluff away. Some little bird would find the stuff and line it's nest with the soft fur. Stifling a yawn as he motioned towards the fallen log Anann nodded. "That will do nicely." A tuff of fur on her shoulder caught her eye as she headed towards the log. Plucking it loose she tossed it away. Caring not were it fell just so long as it was no longer attached to her. "I think I need to find a shedding blade at the stables. That will take care of this mess." She would have to get herself cleaned up before they were to head out on their trip. She was not fit to be seen.

It had been nice to get up and move, but her weariness was catching up with her. It was more for the need of talking than rest that she had asked that they sit though. She had planned to tell Heath more of where she had come from and who she had been there. His question caught her slightly off guard. "I wouldn't see why not. Shouldn't have to worry about it until she is heavy with foal and her belly sags. So long as the footing is good, anyways. A slip or fall wouldn't be good." Anann had assumed that since Heath had taken up the stables that he was well versed in this sort of thing. His initial reaction making more and more sense. "It's actually when she is nursing that you'll have to take the most care. If she gets too hot it will spoil her milk and make the foal sick." It would be many months before that would be any concern though. "Will this be the first foal born at the stables?"

His question brought her to a realization she had yet to consider. "Speaking of that, it would be best if you didn't mention anything about Rem and Lumiere to Gavin, my trader friend." Rem's line was considered sacred. Anann could only guess what the reaction would be if it was learned he had sired a foal back home. It would just be best if it never got out in the open.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Heath settled on the log, watching as Anann sat beside him. He was glad that he mood could turn from the tired and unhappiness that he had seen in her to the normal golden hued fey that he was used to. She was a bit subdued, her attitude still reflecting those things that she had been contemplating when he had first found her, but Heath was glad for the change that had occurred. The last thing he wanted was his friend to be unhappy, for any reason.

It was easy to give a light chuckle at her comment. She was molting just as the rest of them were, and of course Heath was not excluded from that pool. Though his coat was a bit thinner then her pure wolf pelt. He didn’t know if it was the coyote blood that he owned that made his thinner, or if he held some dog blood as well. Still he left his own trail of fur wherever he went now a days.

He waited patiently for her answer, wondering still how much she knew about foals. He gave a nod, taking in the knowledge that she held. He looked back at her face when she spoke of Lumière nursing, and the most sensitive of times. He was glad to know that he could still ride her, and once the foal was born he would not test her. Anann's question was one he had expected, his reaction and his own questions making his inexperience obvious. No. He spoke with honesty, Though its only been a few. The stables had been quite a disorganized mess when he had first arrived, making such things quite the surprise. This is my first though, and I have focused more on training and riding, maintenance around the barn, breeding isn’t something I have studied a lot. He admitted, he would need her help. He wasn’t as well rounded as he had hoped, but such a thing took time, and surpises such as this situation.

Her next statement perked her curiosity, and made his brows furrow as he questioned. Why is that? She hadn’t cared, so why would one of her friends?

<style type="text/css">
.heathmomfoal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:left; }
.heathmomfoal {margin:0 auto; width:411px; background-color:#E8E6F1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erfoal.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #927128; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; color:#B8B488; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]

300+
300+
[html]

Heath still seemed like a worried, expecting father. The mare's pregnancy would be a long. Longer than he would have to wait his own litter to swell in the belly of his mate. She smiled slightly at the thought. She wondered how he would react to such news. As worried as she was over his mare he wondered if he would ever let his own woman out of her sight once she carried the seeds of life. "So you will learn from experience. There is nothing wrong with that and I will be there." The stables back home had not really been a part of Anann's duties, but she still spent much time there. Chances were when the time come Lumiere would have her foal without either of their help. A watched pot seldom boiled and Anann seen many mares to wait for privacy. Still Lum and Heath had a special bond. Who was to know.

His next question though was slightly harder to answer. She had intended to explain such matters anyways though. Still it took her a few moments. Trying to think of how she could put it the simplest. "Well." She shift her weight slightly, getting more comfortable. She feared she would sound conceited. "Rem's bloodline and my own are sacred to the people back home. I am not just a warrior back home. We were the guardians of the city. They think of us like gods." She looked at him to see if she thought her story completely full of crap. Or if she was simply just full of herself. "Gavin would not care about the foal, but if word made it back home..." She did not know what the result would be, but she did not wish to test the waters.

"Legend says the first warhorse of Tosawi taught the people how to defend the city, four generations ago. Rem's ancestor. His rider was one of my fore-mothers. Like my mother and her mother before her she died giving birth. Five pups born naturally. A sixth cut from her womb, a daughter identical to her. Rumored to be her incarnation." She knew it sounded crazy. She certainly didn't believe it in its entirety. A god. A reincarnation. It seemed ridiculous, but it didn't change her linage or the beliefs of the people. "She raised a colt from the first warhorse. After her death the horse watched over her litter. Choosing the last born daughter as his rider and the cycle continued. That much at least as true. Rem has always been more of a father than my sire has ever been." She had mostly stared at her own hands as she had told her tale. She looked at him now, wondering if she had changed any in his eyes now. She hoped not.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Of course, it felt like his baby and not Rem’s. Or maybe it was to be a grandpup of sorts as Heath felt like a father figure to the mare. What ever it might be, there could not be a single bump in the road for the roam mare. It had been a rocky start, though that had been only for Heath and he cared more for her health they anything else. Still, he wanted her well and wanted the foal to be healthy and born with as much ease as there could be. With the bond that they held how could Heath be any other way? It was almost his trial, the first before having his own pups. Heath didn’t worry that Ruri would discover she was pregnant one glorious day, he yearned for that moment. But until it happened he needed to prepare and this was a perfect way to condition his brain to be more of a father then a trainer, a guardian then a watchman. Her words soothed him, and knowing that she would be able to help instantly settled his insecurities. He gave a nod, unsure how to thank her for her support. Especially after the way he had treated at the stables.

Instead he focused on her answer to his question, settling in to sit and listen to the story he felt was on its way. He did not speak, or move to interrupt. She told the story of a past life, not that one that she had live, right? it was like the stories that he had been told as a pup, something mythical. It was not easy to follow, and what stuck in his mind the most was that there was chance Lumière may be hurt in the word got out, and that she was some sort of royalty. She looked to him when she had finished and Heath stared back.

His voice was low, soft for knowing that the subject was a tender one. So your mother died? He asked, trying to get the story straight. It was not easy, for the thought that she was a goddess, and something greater then the flesh and blood of a wolf that he saw sitting before her was slightly far fetched. But his mother had died too… he could understand that at least.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]

300+
300+
[html]

She had no delusions of grandeur. Her confidence and pride came from her training and skills. Not some fairy tale story that explained why she had no mother. Rem had always kept her humble. Never failing to remind her how easily she could bleed when she had started to find herself feeling lofty like a god. Such things had faded with reckless youth. She had earned enough scars to prove she could bleed. A hidden lace work beneath her fur.

Anann had not thought heavily about the unborn foal. She wasn't exactly eager to find Rems replacement. She could hope it would no
t be necessary in her life time. As far as Anann was concerned its future would be up to Heath and Lumiere. Rem had remained rather indifferent about most of his offspring as this was not his first time siring new life. Legend not placing the same limits on the stallion as it did the woman. Though she had remembered him being so smitten with a mare before either.

Having never known her own mother, various women had stepped into the role. Believing her children was her last gift and a costly one, they were treasured. She had no knowledge of what a typical family was like. She simply nodded in reply to Heath's question. I never knew her. I was the last born and they say I look just like her. She got to see and hold my siblings before she passed I'm told. Who knows how much truth is in what they say. The event had shaped her life and the beliefs of those that surrounded her, but it was not a heavy burden on her. It was hard to miss what was never known. It is all just a story to me anymore. Who knows what truth there is to it all. She has lost faith in what Tosawi was suppose to be after she had learned of the cancerous corruption at its core. She doubted it was all false. Every legend had some basis on reality.

<style type="text/css">
.annansad b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0ba6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.annansadooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#636161; text-align:right;}
.annansad p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.annansad {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ansad2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636161; padding: 220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636161; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Heath wondered if his old pack had believed in such a thing. He had been a brash and foolish youth, the scars of his chest, hand and face told any one that, and he had ignored most of the teachings that had been spread through the group. He had taken the time to learn the human’s written word at least, but anything else was long forgotten and likely just ignored.

But still Heath listened, intent on knowing what she thought about living a life without a mother, knowing himself what it was to do so. It was sad story, for Heath had known his own. Yet he wondered what was worse, to know her and then have her taken away or to have never known her at all. His own memories were drifting away, dwindling and loosing strength. There were being replaced by the ones he made now, ones of happier times and things that he would have to fight to forget if he ever wished to.

My mother died, when I was young. He spoke, stretching out his own experience in hopes of showing his understanding. There was an obvious sadness in his tone, something that Heath was unsure if she had ever seen from him. It was normal for him to turn angry at such thoughts, not show weakness through sorrow. Maybe they just needed something to believe in. he spoke with a shrug, ignorant that it had been full of ill will and poisoned power.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
by Erin ♥

[/html]
300+[html]

Perhaps it was odd that she held no sadness for lacking a mother. She and her siblings had not gone unloved in her absence so that perhaps made it far less harsh. Instead it had instilled within her a fear that she would meet a very similar end. When Heath spoke his tone was heavy. Anann could feel the sadness in the words as he spoke of his own mother. I'm sorry. It must have been rough. She did not really know what more to say.

Anann believed the it was partially true that they had simply need something to believe in. It had all originally started as little more than rumor. Turning to legend as it continued through the generations. I suppose, but now that I am gone they will have to learn to believe in themselves. I hope they do anyway. She had hoped her leaving would break the chain. The the lower class of Tosawi would finally see the dark deeds of their leaders. Still I can't help but feel as if I've abandoned them. I was raised and trained to protect the city. I left in the wake of war because the hierarchy had become corrupt. The war was unjust and there no other way I could open their eyes. It was because of such feelings she had abandoned the Harleigh name that had been given to her at birth. Kelevra is not my surname. It is a titled reserved for traitors and deserters. She gave a slight laugh, but it was not the normal light laugh she had, instead one still heavy with her dark mood. It means 'bad dog'.

Finally touching on thoughts that were at the core of her troubled mind. I did not leave because I wanted to or because I was afraid. I did what I was thought was best for my people. She had been sure at the time even though it had cost her everything she had known and loved (Rem excluded of coarse). Though doubt had since taken root. She was defenseless now to do anything about it. That's why I'm meeting Gavin. To know how the war fairs and hopefully he brought me some supplies I asked for. The trader's route brought him out this way and so no one would think his trip odd. I hope this doesn't change things between us. She had not concealed her personality or nature, only her past. She knew it was a lot to digest. Tosawi was different from the place she now called home. She wished she could so him the happy place she had grown up in, but now all she saw there was the shadow of corruption that ruled unseen to most.

<style type="text/css">
.annansadooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#636161; text-align:right;}
.annansad {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ansad2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636161; padding: 220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636161; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

---

Memories of his mother were vague, mere blurs. The details were fuzzy and faded and Heath did not crawl back into those shadowed corners of him mind to find the clearer images. Her words were appreciated, and he did not need for her to say anything more. He could have managed without anything, his sadness was not new or fresh and the wounds had long scarred over. A small smile, a nod, it was all he could give in response. The thoughts of his siblings were a bit more tender, but still the relationships that he made, such as the one that he had with Anann stitched those cuts.

To Heath it was all a bit hard to believe. Societies such as the one that Anann described were things that the male had never seen; growing up in a place was a bit primal in relation. He had never even worn human clothing, known horses or been to a large city until he traveled here. Then it seemed like he couldn’t get enough of it once he had known it. As she spoke of it Heath could only try and imagine what it would be like to live in such a large pack, if he could even consider it as a pack. He had been a loner, and for a good chunk of time he hadn’t minded. It wasn't until he wanted to live with Ruri, and after he had met Lumière that he wanted to return to a pack. He felt that those that couldn’t ever live on their own held a certain weakness.

It doesn’t He spoke, his voice even and powerful. It didn’t matter where she came from, for it didn’t matter where he came from. It was a brand new life here, a new chance and as Heath wished for his life to change, the past to be forgotten. Her past needed to be put there, and perhaps not forgotten but given the chance to rest. But are you sure you want to bring it back into your life? Heath was a supporter of forgetting, and ignoring.

<style type="text/css">
.heathbones01 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5f4239; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathbones01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#101010; text-align:right;}
.heathbones01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathbones01 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#777777; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... hbones.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #101010; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#101010; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.9px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
300+
[html]

If we wanted to wrap this up I think this would do. I'm tired of depressed Anann =/

The only way to bring it back into her life was to go back. She was simply meeting a trader at a normal stop for him and exchange goods and information. There were things he would have for that she would rather like to have. I only wish to know the consequences of my actions. The result won't change my life here but I still wish to know. Although she could kind of see his point. What is done is done and if there is nothing she could do now anyway what was the point in worrying over it. Perhaps she wouldn't ask for the news of home but there was still the matter of her goods. Besides the trip is more about getting my things anyway. Axes and hatchets to build my house and hardwood swords for practice! I didn't know where I'd end up exactly so I asked for seeds as well. Alfalfa, oats, and corn. Enough for a start at least. She didn't know how to best explain the fact that she was also picking up Rem's battle armor. It too had once belonged to her mother and she hated to see it stay in Tosawi.

Anann missed the black stallion. It had been days since she had seen him. She could have called for him but she felt that this was one of those times that she needed to go to him. She stood up, feeling like she was ready to walk some more again. I think it due time I make a trip to the stables. Coming with? It was time she got back to living life. She had wasted enough time in her little pit of despair. Perhaps all she had needed was a talk with her friend. It seemed to have helped.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]