Foreign Exchange
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... clover.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

Ooc;

She shouldn’t have ran the entire duration of her journey. Hell, she should have slept for at least a day. But no, time was of the essence and she couldn’t afford to waste her time with something as trivial as sleep. Sleep could wait. Food could wait. Grooming could wait. Not a chance could that wait. The female was too conscious of her appearance to even let that thought settle. But she didn’t take the time yet to groom the grime from her pelt or fix the braids now frayed and knotted.

But she did have the time to make her presence known to the tribal borders. Her voice exhibited both fatigue and want for attention as she lay, exhausted and weak. Every ounce of internal strength was used to carrying her call beyond the territory in the hopes of reaching the ears of whom she travelled this far to see. It was in this recollection of a name and face that the weight of her situation came plummeting down on top of her. She wanted to see him, make some kind of an impression, and she looked a mess.

Zynex cursed in silence, pulling her exhausted body from the ground to a seated position. At the very least, she needed to get cleaned up. Her coat was not as dirty as travel would have made it, but her mane was another story all together. She about bit herself for letting the mass knot itself so severely in the span of hours. Her digits raked through poorly wound cords to untangle them and combed furiously through the locks, snagging once or twice or problem areas. All the while, like a paranoid deer in a hunter’s midst, she kept a watch along the borders. Hoping to the gods that she would not be greeted in this compromising predicament…

At least, not until she was finished.

word: 314

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.Marittable001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a28b83; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Marittable001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8597; text-align:left;}
.Marittable001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Marittable001 {margin:0 auto; width:336px; background-color:#020006; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ali001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #684b3b; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8597; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Word Count: --

A call reached his ears and he struggled for a second to recognize it, before it fell into place. Zynex? The sound she had produced gave away her exhaustion, and he rose very quickly and headed in her direction. What could be so urgent? Was she a messenger? Had Geneva worsened? Perhaps something else, something big. Dawali would never cease to worry when someone came with urgent news from Phoenix Valley, for an alliance was both a safety and a potential danger to their tribe. Al was well as long as there was peace, but he worried that Jefferson might one day call on them to aid the Valley in war. Still, this was the price to pay for being allowed to do the same thing in a time of need; it had its positive and negative sides. The Chief greatly valued their friendship with the Valley.

He spotted her quickly enough, sitting on the ground. He accelerated now that she was within reach, and he was somewhat puzzled to see that she was tending to her mane and fur when he walked up to her. A hand was raised above his head in greeting, and he skipped the formal introduction; he knew her already, and she knew him. She looked tired, and he spoke with urgency in his mind, adrenaline at the ready. He was worried for what she might say, but his pose and face was all urgency, and not worry. "Zynex, what's going on?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... clover.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

Ooc;

Damn her voice. The female hadn’t wanted to startle anyone, but the excitement was just too much to contain. It was a wonder she hadn’t made herself hoarse from how long and far her song carried. The exhaust muddled her cords to sound urgent, and her heart’s desire too encouraged the change in octave. It seemed useless to correct it. But as she tore the knots from her mane while thinking about it, she felt less inclined to do so.

It was only when the russet image of her obsession melted from over the boundary line onto free lands. Her digits still occupied with refitting a braid, Zynex wobbled awkwardly to her feet, dipping her head in a respectable gesture while still cording the strand to its end. “Hello Dawali,” the dame struggled to smile, struggled to conceal her excitable disposition in front of the chief. Her braid finished, she let it fall to her chest and placed her hand neatly behind her back. “I’m sorry about my call…I didn’t mean for it to sound urgent. I have been travelling non-stop, you see, and I suppose fatigue got the better of me.” Slender ears lay flush against her skull. “There’s nothing to worry about….actually,” an ear perked briefly then resumed its relaxed position. “I have good news.”

Forgoing formality between them, she approached the Chief in casually strides daring to take his paw and shake it with emphasis. “Jefferson has given me permission to learn about you..and your pack. An exchange of sorts. So long as it’s alright with you.” Perhaps not as eloquently worded as she would have liked, but it had come to her attention that the more she held onto the regal tongue of her clan, the more she was distancing herself socially from one wolf to another. It was time her tongue curved a little to favor the comfort of another. And with this developing anxiety in wait for Dawali’s reply, there would be no problem in turning her words to fit the situation.

word: 338

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.Marittable001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a28b83; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Marittable001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8597; text-align:left;}
.Marittable001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Marittable001 {margin:0 auto; width:336px; background-color:#020006; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ali001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #684b3b; padding: 0px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8597; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Word Count: --

The urgency that coated his mind lingered until she had finished speaking her first sentences, at which point he relaxed more. He smiled foolishly at her, and wondered what had made him assume the worst in this situation? Perhaps it was a residue from when Jefferson had brought Geneva here. Perhaps he had figured it would be something worse, something war-related, though he knew that that conflict had ended, now. He had been too stressed, all winter long, probably. As the agitation left him, a polite smile grew on his lips, but it was of the uncertain kind until he listened to everything that Zynex had to say. "It's okay; what are the news?" His ears were now lifted in curiosity as he waited for what she had come here so swiftly to say.

He nodded as she stated her business, and now he relaxed fully and let all his agitation leave him completely. While Jefferson had not discussed this with Dawali until now, the Kalona did not really mind. Surely, the Patriarch was busy these days anyways. "Certainly. Perhaps I could learn a thing or two from you, too, then." He smiled at the younger female and continued. "Did you mean a continuing exchange or more of a here-and-now kind of thing?" Perhaps, if the idea was a continuing bond (which the chief was all for, and slightly disappointed in himself for not thinking of already), they should make some sort of agreement. After all, they were already allies; it was only logical that they could cooperate on other things as well.

[/html]
[html]

Ooc;

It was as though fate kissed her soundly on the mouth and bequeathed its blessings upon her. To hear the words of agreement on his tongue nearly had the female leaping into this arms to bestow her eternal gratitude for this admittance. But she behaved herself and played the part of the modest female, dipping her head graciously whilst keeping her tongue latched solid.

Zynex let Dawali carry on, knowing there was some questions he would have about the situation, and how elated as she to hear that he wanted to learn from her! Truly the gods had blessed this. With tail swaying uninhibited, she finally unclasped her muzzle. “I would love to provide anything you wished to know,” she uttered softly while meaning every word. “My stay would be…for…as long as you permit me.” What a struggle for forge a lie, even a small one as this. But she was thinking optimistically. Her tour was to end in a week, but if in this week she was able to bond with the Chief, learn the ways of the pack and perhaps fall in a deep committed love, she could not fathom returning to the Valley.

It was quite a stretch even in thought, but for the first time in this female’s haggard life, she was content with letting herself appear foolish as she dreamed the seemingly impossible. “We could begin now if you’d like,” she offered, advancing a gradual step toward the borders. Habitually, a digit wound itself in the free strands of her mane as she waited his response. Anticipation lit her moon-kissed eyes…eagerness kept her ample plume active. Never had she been so excited.

word: 277

[/html]