you painted the sky back to blue
[html]

backdated to April 14. I has permission from Meghann to start this despite her joining thread still being in-process ^^ 500+

She had a new home. Rikka walked along the coast, her feet sloshing through the surf. The water was cool, but somehow brought a warmth to her chest. It felt strange, to be in some place other than Inferni now. She couldn't say if she had ever been particularly comfortable there, but after her couple months of holing herself up in her cave it had become what was normal and expected. The air here was calm, salt air. The tension was gone and the tension that had twisted her up for so long was being leeched away. The old Rikka was slowly reemerging out of the husk that Haku Soul had left behind. Her worries would not truly be gone until the war was over and that monster was dead and buried. Even if she was probably safe here, her family was still in danger, and she wouldn't be able to be completely at ease until that risk was decimated. Still, for the first time since the attack she had slept without nightmares the night before. She felt renewed, and some of the light was returning to her eyes despite the pink scars that now marred her body.

One thing that had yet to be attended to was finding a place for her to call home within her new home. In Inferni it had been an easy matter, seeing as most everyone lived in the caves, but here it was different. The members seemed pretty spread out over the lengthy stretch of land and coast. Some it seemed lived in that town or the large hotel she had passed by, but that wasn't for her. Rikka wouldn't shun a building completely, but she wanted an easier access to Mother Earth. Somewhere that wasn't enclosed by the extinct race's leavings. As the woman walked something caught her eye. There was some small building up ahead. Curious she left the closeness of the water and walked up towards a little wooden shack. It wasn't much to look at, but there was a welcoming aura about the place. Rikka ducked inside to take a look. Musty rugs covered the floor and light seeped into the cracks of the old wood. There wasn't much room, but enough for a couple luperci to sit or stand in comfortably. Her gaze looked back out the entrance and she saw the comforting roll of the ocean. In that moment it was decided, this is where she would stay.

Rikka drug the old rugs outside to see if they were at all salvageable. The de le Poer shook out the first one and clouds of old dirt and dust and sand filled the air. She closed her eyes and coughed as some of the debris tickled into her throat. Carefully opening her eyes again she saw how ratted the old thing really was. She'd have to find some new rugs, but that wouldn't be too difficult. Hopefully some would be in the town inside the pack so she wouldn't have to venture to Halifax. While Haku was out there she had no desire to leave the borders of Cour des Miracles.

<style type="text/css">
.Rikka001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f8f8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rikka001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; text-align:right;}
.Rikka001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rikka001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#6e989a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... kka001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dbe1e1; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Rurik was still getting used these packlands, but already he was in love with them—there was more ocean and coast than he knew what to do with here! He had spent all of his free days around the ocean, playing and splashing in the water and sprawling across the sand. He remembered fishing for his new packmates and how fun that had been—Rurik was certainly enjoying the atmosphere of this new pack. It was just perfect, by his standards—laid back, lots of ocean and water, friendly packmembers! Even another Russian. She had been rather pretty, and so had Niro—then again, Rurik found women almost universally pretty. There wasn't a whole lot that turned him off, but every now and again he found a gem.

The scent of just such a gem wafted over the wind, catching his attention immediately. What was she doing here? Not that he minded, of course, it was just a complete and utter shock to smell Rikka de le Poer on these packlands here. The silver-furred werewolf trotted forward, intent on tracking her down. He peered up and down the coast, trying to track movement—he saw nothing. There was just a little old shack—maybe there? It was the only place he could see. Trotting forward quickly, the cloud-colored male appeared rather curious, peering this way and that. “Rikka?” he asked, surprise sounding clearly in his voice.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bones b{font-weight:bold; color:#B44100; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones em {font-style:normal; color:#7F2E00; font-weight:bold; }
.rurik-bones strong{font-weight:bold; color:#B88060; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-bones{width:400px; background-color:#DED2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bones.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 252px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Rikka dropped the old rugs in a pile on the ground, seeing that they would be of no more use to her. From there she moved back into the confines of the homey little shack and looked around. She would need to go find a broom or something to dust this place out. Once that was done though, some new rugs, a little table, some wind chimes and this place would be a nice little sanctuary for her. More ideas began to swirl in her head. Why stop there? There was even more she could do to this little neglected shack. A bead curtain would be wonderful in the doorway, much nicer than an actual door but still something to give her some privacy. A couple more rugs just outside the entrance would be nice too. Oh! She could get a couple poles to put in the ground and make a little canopy to shield her from the sun in the summer. That would be wonderful! Better yet, a tie dye canopy. The hybrid woman could make this place all her own!

Her mind swirling with ideas, she barely heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Rikka had dismissed it as only someone passing nearby. To her knowledge, she didn't know anyone else who lived here and so the thought that someone could have recognized her scent and was searching her out hadn't occurred to her at all. Of course she did want to meet the others she now lived with, but currently her focus was on what she could do with this little building. At the sound of her name she nearly jumped and turned her face wide-eyed towards the outside again. Who was that? The metallic hued de le Poer poked her head out and saw someone she definitely hadn't thought to see here. "Rurik?" She stepped completely out of the shack then, exposing herself to the light and his view. "I...didn't have any idea you lived here." It was clear that he did though, for the pack scent hung heavily on him. A small wave of self consciousness came over her and her hand moved to try and cover the scar that encircled her upper arm. Would he still think her pretty as a flower now that she was scarred? Not that he didn't have his own, but scars seemed to be one of those things in which there was a double standard.

<style type="text/css">
.Rikka001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; text-align:right;}
.Rikka001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#6e989a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... kka001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dbe1e1; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Rurik often reflected on his prior interests. Some of them faded from his mind, leaving only a vague impression—others stuck with him, sometimes for the wrong reasons. He often awkwardly remembered Akumu, his subleader, and what had happened with her and—well, he didn't feel too good about that one. She was a beautiful wolf and a wonderful subleader to him, and he didn't regret it for any reasons about her—but he had used her. That was clear as day to him now; he had needed something to take his mind from Kiska, and she'd done so wonderfully—but even she could not put the spark back in his relationship. Others—like Rikka—stayed with the monochrome-colored wolf for much better reasons. They were too pretty or a rare catch, some other factor. Now, though, he noticed there was something to mar her loveliness—shiny pink crossed her arm and her leg, and the male reached out to touch these gently, unabashedly touching these parts. “Who vould do this to my pretty tsvyeti?” he asked, confusion lingering on his features. Why anyone would do such things was beyond him, and he frowned a sad smile, his coal-dipped ears flat against his skull. “Still pretty as ever,” he cooed, lest she think he believed her beauty was decreased any. It didn't much matter to him, and he smiled and patted the set of scars across his own chest. Rurik was not a hypocrite.

“Why are you here, tsvyeti?”

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell b{font-weight:bold; color:#E4DED8; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell em {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

She hadn't thought much of Rurik and their afternoon together recently, but that wasn't to say she had forgotten it or him. It was just that after the attack, everything pleasant had basically been wiped from her life and mind. The peaceful hybrid had been thrown down into a deep pit of despair and it was really only now with the move that she was able to shake off the dark cloak that had been smothering her. Rikka didn't think she'd ever be able to truly and fully thank her brother for what he had done, for everything he had done for her. If he hadn't told her that she should leave Inferni and come here, no doubt she would have stayed until there was little left of her.

Rikka tensed as his hand moved to touch her scars, but surprisingly she didn't flinch away from the contact. A warmth seemed to flow into her from his fingertips and her muscles quickly relaxed again, seeing how tendering he touched the marring marks. Her gold eyes darkened as they looked to the ground. "A monster." She still couldn't bring herself to say his name. "The one who started the war. I didn't know we were at war and I was taking a walk. He was there, and he came after me." Her throat tightened uncomfortably and she couldn't bring herself to say more. To say that she would be dead now if it weren't for her niece and her brother. His next words brought her gaze back to him though, a small smile painted back on her face. "Thank you."

The woman took a deep breath before launching into her explanation. "After the attack...I wasn't doing well. At all. I couldn't stand being in the midst of a war, but I was too afraid to leave, for many reasons. Gabriel came to me though and wanted me to leave, to go someplace I could be safer and happier. So I came here." One of her ears flicked back and then forward. "What brought you here?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurikmaritgift.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#005ac7; border:1px solid #444477;">

Let me know if the powerplay isn't alright. ♥ 318

There was a tightness in her features, tension beneath his silver-tinged fingers in the golden-furred flesh of the woman. It was evident in her face, too—the droopy tiredness of her normally brilliant yellow-golden eyes told him what he needed to know. Slowly, he slid his arm about her yellowy shoulders, turning toward her and drawing her close in a half-hug. “I hear of the var zhrough Silas, yes” he said slowly. “I am sorry it touch you in such a way, Rikka,” the silver-furred man said sincerely, his sable-dusted ears folding back against his skull.

He listened to her speak of Gabriel, his opinion of the golden-furred man growing. It was already quite high, of course, but it only increased in hearing how gentle and caring he was with his family. Rurik smiled, the slow thing spreading across his face. He ushered her gently back into the shack, intending to sit and speak with her a while. The cloud-colored man nodded his head, smiling. “Gabriel is good man. Your brozher care for you a lot,” the Russian said. “I am glad you are here—is safer. Not'eeng against Eenfernee, but your family gets into a lot of trouble,” the werewolf said, a grin still playing across his sable-colored lips.

“I come here with my family,” the werewolf nodded sagely. “Liliya and Anatoliy move here wizh me, anyway,” he said, as if that explained everything—it was better for family if they all came here together, and learned and lived and worked together. His sky-colored eyes studied her features, the ample curves that made up her muliebrity, her gentleness—who would want to take that away from her? He directed her to the bed, gently applying pressure to her shoulders to get her to sit. “Do you need me to do anyzhing for you? It looks like you are trying to clean in here,” the silver-furred male asked.

<style>
.rurikgiftmarit b {color:#85d2dd;}
.giftmaritliliya {font-weight:bold; color:#218E9D;}
.rurikgiftmarit p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

s'all good :3 300+

His small embrace took her in, and it felt good. Unlike there last meeting, she wasn't feeling the raging sexual desires. True, she still found him incredibly attractive and would be thrilled to make love with him again, but that was not what she needed now. What she needed right now was a friend, someone to comfort her in that way, and she was glad to know that Rurik would do that for her. This was the relationship she liked to have with her lovers. They could have their raw, carnal moments of passion, but then they could also be simply friends. She wasn't sure who Silas was, but that didn't surprise her. There were many in Inferni she didn't know. "Thank you Rurik." It was comforting, to know she already had someone here she could count on.

For how little their relationship had existed in the past, ever since she had come back Gabriel had come to mean so much to her. Rikka never would have guessed that the brother that had called her names and yelled at her once in their youth would turn into her savior years later. The woman let Rurik lead them back into the cozy shack, content to spend some time with him in private. "He is an incredibly good man. He's done more for me than I'll ever be able to thank him for." She couldn't help but laugh softly at the Russian's very apt description of her family. "They do. It's good I'm not there anymore. I love them, but I cannot live like that. I never really could." She had always been the lamb in the family of lions. The peace dove among the raptors. That life would have eventually destroyed her.

There was so little she knew of Rurik--there hadn't been much conversing during their first meeting--and so she had no idea he had family here, or what their exact relationship was. "Liliya and Anatoliy, they are your...?" She had a guess, but she would wait to hear him confirm or deny it. As they reached the musty old bed she succumb to his gentle persuasion and took a seat on the mattress. Releasing a sigh she looked up to his ice-blue eyes. "Oh, no. I just found this place, figured it would make a nice home, I don't need anything fancy. We can just talk, if you have some time." Rikka may have been weaker than usual, but she wasn't going to play the damsel in distress. She didn't need Rurik waiting on her, she just wanted to learn more about him, to have a normal conversation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

There were few things Rurik was a master of—his physical skills were limited, and he was only good for general labor, just another strong back to work where he was directed. But where friendship and sex were concerned, he was quite wise, even where combining the two. There was of course, whispering fears of drawing too close to the golden-furred woman, but he did not truly believe this would happen. They were both free-spirited—together that made it almost a guarantee. Even despite these thoughts in his mind, he wouldn't hesitate for a second to craft a friendship with her—such things came naturally to him, and of course, it might work out quite well later.

Thinking of Gabriel made Rurik happy—he was glad that the golden-furred man was in charge of Inferni, in charge of his family. He knew very little about where Rikka came from, but he was aware that they were a darker sort. Even so, he failed to see that darkness in Gabriel. There was only light there where Rurik was concerned. He had never seen the sable-brushed man's darker side, and perhaps he never would. “He knows vhat is best, I zhink,” the ashen man said. “I am glad you are somevhere you vill be happy,” the Russian added. “Zhis is good bunch of wolves, you know? 'Course, much better now zhat I am here,” he added lightly, jesting to see that smile once more.

“Oh! Mine children,” he explained. “Shoot, almost two years old now,” he guessed. They were a bit closer to a year and a half, but Rurik was poor at remembering a lot of exact dates, and try as he might, he couldn't recall his children's exact date of birth. “Alright, but you zhink of something, you let me know, vrubatsa?” he warned, a smile lighting on his features, twinkling in his sky-colored eyes.

<style>
.rurik-tropic-lil { color:#B7BDDB; font-weight:bold; }
.rurik-tropic b {color:#8CB1D5;}
.rurik-tropic-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
.rurik-tropic p {text-indent:45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 25px; }
.rurik-tropic { width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#172324; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_tropic.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:230px 0px 25px; 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CBDBEB; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify; }</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

There wasn't any cause for Rurik to fear her growing too attached to him. She had no intentions of falling in love and following him around like some lovesick pup. Rikka believed in the power of love, but did not feel that love between two people as partners was everlasting. She had tried once, she had given her heart away, and it had come back to her broken. Entrusting anyone with your whole heart was a foolish thing she had learned, and she had never let herself feel that way again. Being both lover and friend to the Russian man would be perfect, she didn't need nor want anything more than that. This was the way she liked things.

Despite her respect and love for her brother, she knew that there was a darkness inside of him. It was impossible to escape with the blood they had. Their litter had gotten a double dose, Lykoi and de le Poer. Rikka herself sometimes wondered why it was that she didn't seem to be affected by the same maladies that most of her family held. Maybe she didn't have any, or maybe it was small enough for her to keep it at bay. Whichever the case was, she hoped it would stay that way. "Yes, he does. He saw it when I refused to see it myself." Her pride had blinded her, but Gabriel had opened her eyes and set her back on the path that was right for her. Rikka couldn't help but laugh again at his joke, her voice ringing like bells in the confined space. "Of course. If the rest of them are anything like you, Rurik, I'm sure I'll love it here." It felt good to laugh again. She couldn't think of the last time she had truly laughed like that.

A bright smile spread over her face as he confirmed that the two relatives he had here were his children. Oh, how she wished to be a mother someday. "That's wonderful. Children are a blessing, you're a lucky man," she said sincerely. Rikka didn't begrudge those that had children while she was left wanting. It wasn't their fault, and she could never be upset over anyone else's happiness. It wasn't in her to feel that way. Nodding her head at his offer she agreed, "I will, promise." A thought came back to her though, and she now felt foolish for saying she didn't need anything. "Actually, I just remembered. I'd like to put a canopy out front of here, so I'll need some wooden poles to put in the ground outside. Could we find something like that in the pack?" She could probably manage to find some and put them up herself, but it would be easier with some help. This wouldn't interfere with their talking, either.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was difficult for Rurik to understand a reluctance to leave a place—he had always been a wanderer and a free spirit, rather inclined to roam the world rather than stay in one place. The longest he'd ever been anywhere was growing up the first two years of his life in Sobirat'sya—and even that was marked with long fishing trips and long trips to Moscow in the summertime. Still, he was glad Rikka had been able to come to that decision—he was certain she would be happier here.

“I am glad to hear you laugh,” was all he said in reply, happiness shining from his bright blue eyes. He disliked disappointment, tension, and resentment—these things had been lurking on her face, and to see it light again was wonderful. She complimented his children, and his smile was only half mast. “Aye. I vish I vould realize zhis earlier,” the man said softly. “Mine older sons—zhey are lost to me. I try to find zhem by coming here,” he added. Zaets, Zorish, and Vladimir were nowhere to be found, though, and the silver-shaded werewolf's search seemed fruitless. “Maybe someday ve veill be reconnect,” the werewolf said hopefully, sighing to himself.

Her question caught his attention, and he thought on this for a moment. Some days ago he had assisted Niro with the construction of his bird trap—that had been by the stables. He assumed that was where the wood had come from. “Zhe stables might have vhat you are looking for,” the werewolf commented, stroking the dark tuft of fur on his chin. “I help Niro build cage for bird zhere some time ago—zhat vould be vhere zhe vood is at, I zhink,” he said. “Not too far. I vill fetch very quickly and run back, if you like?” the werewolf stated, eager to help her cause. He had offered his helping hand, and he would not disappoint.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-hell em {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; color:#CEC4BB;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurik-hell {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/ruri_hell.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 278px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B6B1AD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that avatar XD 300+

It wasn't so much places that held her to stay in a certain area, but the people in them. She had wandered for a good deal of her life because she had never felt she truly belonged in any group that she came across. Most were blessed to be born into somewhere that held their core values and comforts, but Rikka hadn't been so lucky. Her family had been good to her, for the most part, but she had never been able to follow Inferni's doctrines. It was the people and the belonging that had kept her in The Haight, and it was her family that had drawn her back here. It was those connections that mattered, though she of course loved the land as well. The enlightened fey loved all of Mother Earth though, so that was no stretch.

It was good to hear herself laugh too, and she almost said so, but kept her mouth shut, thanking her kind Russian companion only with her gaze. She didn't think she'd ever found such warmth in a shade of ice blue, outside of his eyes. Rurik's seeming hesitance, or was it guilt, at the subject of his children perplexed her. Rikka looked at him with concern, her head tilting to one side as he explained the rift between him and his elder children. The empathetic hybrid could tell how much it pained him and she reached out to grasp his hand softly. "I'm sorry Rurik. I hope you'll find them. I'm sure they still love you though," she reassured, smile returning slowly. "I was away from my family for a long time, and my mother and I have always had arguments and disagreements. I've been very mad at her before, but I never stopped loving her. I'm sure your sons feel the same." True, she didn't know the details of the situation, but if she could still love Kaena despite everything, surely his sons could still love him.

Rurik pondered her question for a moment and her ears perked at the mention of the stables. She had loved watching the horses in Chimera, she hadn't known that Cour des Miracles had any. He explained why he believed the stables would have what she was looking for, and it seemed logical to her. At his last offer she shook her head though, rising back up to stand. "No, no, I'll go with you. I'd like to see where the stables are. I've spent too much time cooped up these past few months." The woman didn't want to sit alone by herself in the dark anymore. "Besides, I have to make sure you get the right thing," she teased, pinching his side lightly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

trolo~

The silver-shaded werewolf considered the woman's words carefully. Was it possible his sons still loved him? Rurik did not know—he had never been anything close to a major part of their life, and the few times he'd spoken to them as adults they had shown nothing but resentment toward him. A troubled look crossed his ash-colored face, his brows drawing tightly over his sky-colored eyes. “I hope so. Sometimes you do not know vhat you have till eet is already gone,” he said sentimentally, thinking of his young children and how he had pushed them away. He would give anything to go back and fix that.

He was eager to move past this sore subject, however, and when Rikka said she wished to accompany him, he smiled, getting slowly to his feet and extending a hand to help her up, as well. “Zhen ve vill valk,” he said merrily. He enjoyed the outdoors quite a lot, and the Cour des Miracles territory was positively gorgeous. “Zhis territory is beautiful, you know,” he commented. He didn't know how much of the packlands she'd gotten to explore yet, but Rurik was quite a big fan of their Shattered Coast. He now realized he could never live away from the ocean, and he was a fool for having tried in Aremys. “True,” he said, faking sourness for just a moment at her comment regarding the proper items. It was true, though—he wasn't very good with construction, and if she knew even a little bit about what she needed it was more than he knew.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Rurik should totz trololo to her in the next thread 300+

Whatever the reason for Rurik's estrangement with his sons, she could see the regret in him as clear as day. Not everyone deserved forgiveness for past transgressions, but she believed that the majority of people did. No one was perfect, no matter how hard they tried to be. The Russian wolf was a good man and it was clear that he had never intended this to be the case between him and his sons. She hoped that whenever they did meet again, they could find it in their hearts to forgive him, for it was clear he knew his past faults and mistakes. As he spoke again she squeezed his hand a little harder, hoping to bring him some small measure of comfort. There was nothing else she could say, but she could be there for him just as he was here for her now.

With his assistance she stood back up and they exited the still musty shack for the fresh air and sunlight. Rikka let it wash over here and felt reinvigorated. Heaving a contented sigh she let her eyes wander over the territory. "I haven't seen much of it yet, but what I have seen is incredibly beautiful. I love the sea, I'm glad I can live close to it here, like I did back in Inferni." For all the issues she faced in the clan, she had loved the caves and how they looked out onto the little inlet. It had been a pleasant little space, though the Cour lands were significantly more cheerful looking. At his false sourness she faked a pouty look asking for forgiveness, which soon melted back into a grin. She could never keep a straight face for long when she was teasing someone.

Looking back forward as they made their way she asked, "So do they have a lot of horses here? I remember the horses back in Chimera, that my cousin and sister liked to ride. I never was much of a rider, but I did enjoy watching them."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_ruriktable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

short ;;

There were few things in Rurik's life that affected him so deeply as what he had done over the summer months of 2005. It was mind-blowing to Rurik that it had been five years ago that Kiska had given birth to these children. They were already five years old—already well on their way to being old men, and had they spoken so much as a friendly sentence with their father? Rurik could not say for certain. Rikka's words drew his attention, and a warm smile drew across his muzzle, the silver-shaded werewolf's features growing softer and brighter all at once with the mention of the ocean. “I could not leev away from zhe ocean if I try,” he explained, rolling his shoulders in a helpless shrug. He had grown up no more than hundred yards from Sobirat'sya's docks; they had been his favorite hangout throughout his youth and adolesence. He considered her question, tilting his head to the side thoughtfully. Truth be told, he hadn't seen anything even remotely resembling a horse when he'd been there with Niro—but their scent was peculiar and unique, and he was sure he'd smelled a horse or two in the area. “I vill be honest, I do not know,” he admitted carefully, shrugging his shoulders gently. “I did not see many, but I zhinks zhere are a few. Veesh I vas better vith horses,” he said softly. “I ride a few times, but I am no horse-man,” the werewolf added truthfully. His pace was leisurely and slow; there was no hurry to his step today. This was a stroll to be enjoyed, not a walk with a purpose—they may have had a destination in mind, but Rurik was in no hurry to get there.

Table by Erin

<style>
.rurik-gifterin p {text-indent:40px; margin:0px; padding:0px;}
.rurik-gifterin b{color:#FFFEEB;}
.rurik-gifterin-liliya{color:#C0BFAF; font-weight:bold;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

is ok!

Hopefully someday the issues that lay between Rurik and his eldest children could be mended. It would be a horrible shame for both sides for the problem to remain unresolved. Rikka knew that such things didn't always come easy though, but she hoped for his sake they wouldn't be too difficult. He seemed eager to move onto cheerier subjects however and she could not blame him for that in the least. It wasn't hard to guess that he had a love of the see. Anyone with eyes could see the man was a sailor. "I'm not surprised," she said, giving him a sidelong glance. "As long as Mother Nature is only a few steps away I'm happy wherever. Just can't do the whole old human scene." Cities and towns simply weren't for her.

The pair walked slowly towards their goal, neither in any sort of hurry. This was just the kind of thing Rikka needed. Leisure and normalcy. A nice conversation with a friend. Talking about the weather. She hadn't felt this light in days. "I'll be interested to see them. It's been quite some time since I've seen any. No one in the commune believed in keeping animals for any sort of reason. I understand, but if they're being treated well I don't see the problem in it," she said shrugging. Most of the ideals of her old home she followed, but not all. Eating meat hadn't been forbidden there, but many chose to abstain. Rikka had never understood that either. The Mother had made them carnivores. As long as they didn't gorge themselves and kill senselessly it was all just a part of life's balance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

The silver-shaded werewolf had mostly given up hope on his older sons; Zaets, Zorish, and Vlad were five years old now, and they would shove him away far quicker now than when they were young. His chance with them had passed—but maybe he still had the ghost of a chance. He was glad that at least he had Marika—she was not Zaets himself, but as his daughter, she was perhaps the closest he could get. “Mozher Nature? I know zhis idea. Is pretty one,” the Russian said, commenting on the idea of a maternal earth. “Ve say that zhe sea is domain of Stribog, but he is not father of anything. Maybe zhe feesh,” he said, laughing to himself. It would explain why they tasted so awful.

Their stroll was rather relaxing, and Rurik found himself peering about their surroundings as they went, always enjoying the fresh salty breeze and the coastal terrain here. They had some of the loveliest cliffs and beaches on this territory, and Rurik couldn't be happier. He turned toward Rikka in surprise at her next comment. “Never any ozher animals?” he asked, almost incredulous. He supposed he could understand not wishing a canine who treated them poorly to keep them anymore, but an outright ban on keeping them? He couldn't truly fathom it, and this perplexed him a moment.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bones b{font-weight:bold; color:#B44100; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones strong{font-weight:bold; color:#B88060; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bones{width:400px; background-color:#DED2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bones.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 252px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

It didn't surprise her that Rurik had heard of the concept of Mother Nature before. He was a worldly man and surely he would have come across some that held to the same type of ideals as she herself did. "Yes, I love it. I hadn't heard about it until I came to the commune I lived in before returning here, but I haven't left that life behind. I still believe in all those things. Peace, love, and happiness man," she said looking back at him with a bright smile. Rikka found the various beliefs and gods that people subscribed to endlessly fascinating, and so she drank it up as Rurik spoke of one of the Russian beliefs. "Oh yes? I know some people call the ocean Father, but I've never really thought about it like that. I mean, the sea's just another part of the Earth, yeah?" Everything was part of Nature, and they were all children of that Mother.

At her companion's surprised question she pondered for a moment. She guessed there had been other animals around, but nothing like horses. "Well, I guess there were some other animals. They just didn't like anyone having animals that could be used as 'beasts of burden', if you know what I mean. You could have other animal friends, but not any you used for labor or anything like that." There hadn't been an outright ban on it, just as with eating meat, it was just looked down upon and most people didn't have any desire for such things.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_bottledrage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;">

The silvery werewolf considered the tawny woman with a sly grin. The place where she lived sounded wonderful—such a place was hard to find. Even his beloved Sobirat'sya was not devoid of its scum and violence: his own cousin had sold his niece into what was essentially slavery. Rurik and Marya were to have raised their children together, and instead the woman had been robbed of everything. Such a crime was ghastly in Sobirat'sya, but it had happened, and Saveli had paid the price for it. Rurik did not think he had ever seen Robjik so mad, and he had delivered nearly thirty lashes to his son's back. There was no sympathy in Rurik, however—one look at cousin Marya convinced him otherwise. Her own brother had been willing to perpetrate such an atrocity against her, and that had been the worst part of it all. To find a place where such things did not occur—that would be paradise. “Well, at least you take wizh you in spirit vhat zhey teach, ya?” the werewolf said, sighing contentedly. “Zhese are good... ah, principles?” he said, wondering if that was just the right word. He tilted his head to the side, considering. The ocean was a part of the earth, certainly, but the silver-shaded werewolf could not help but see it as a different entity entirely. “Aye. But eet es kind of pretty—Mozher Eart', Fazher Ocean,” he said, rolling his shoulders. He was not one to delve deeply into spirituality—such things were generally not part of his consideration. “Ah, I see. Zhis is good, I zhink. Some do not treat animals good. Humans, maybe?” he said. He had heard this theorized before—humans were unkind to their environment and unkind to animals, and so they had all perished.

<style type="text/css">
.rurik-bottledrage b{font-weight:bold; color:#BC2B26; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.rurik-bottledrage em {color:#770501;font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal;}
.rurik-bottledrage p{text-indent:35px; padding:0px 15px 15px 15px; margin:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

There were times she often missed the peace and serenity living in the commune had offered. Such places were precious jewels and hard to come by. If not for her family, Rikka imagined she would have stayed there until the end of her days. However, as often seemed to happen with her family, her blood had pulled her back here. Even if she left again, she had no doubt that it would begin to pull her back here again at some point. At least she seemed to have found a happy medium here in Cour des Miracles. A peaceful place that was still in easy reach of her relatives. "Yes, I don't think it'll ever leave me. For so long I searched for somewhere I felt I belonged and I finally found it with those people and those principles. It sank down into the very marrow of my bones, I think." Even if she was aware from her peers now, she knew they were out there. It was enough for Rikka to know that she was not alone in how she felt.

"It is pretty, now that you put it that way. I wonder how the sky would fit into that perspective." If Earth was the Mother, and the Sea was the Father, then surely the Sky too must have its own title. It held the air they breathed and the sun that gave them all life. It brought the rain that renewed everything in its showers. "Maybe the Sky is a Grandparent." After all, the Sky stretched on forever, whether over Sea or Earth. The de le Poer femme nodded her head at Rurik's assessment. "Not all the humans were bad, I don't think, but too many of them hurt the animals and Mother Earth. They never learned to be kind and grateful, and now they're gone." What had happened to them had been brought upon themselves. Rikka felt no pity for the dead race.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 417

There was something incredibly calming about walking with the golden-hued woman; Rurik had been nervous before, he had been anxious and he had been quite out of place, but this was gone now, replaced by a sort of serenity that seemed to radiate outward from Rikka. It was infectious, and the silver-shaded hybrid would have been a liar to say he did not enjoy this feeling; even so, the cautious nature at his core, the sore and broken heart lurking beyond his ribcage yanked him back to reality each time he got too comfortable, and so it was in his mind—a tug of war between the familiarity and comfort he took in her very presence, and the old sharp instincts of his heart. “Aye, it shows,” he said, smiling. The silver-shaded werewolf had been surprised, to say the least, to see she had showed up here in Cour des Miracles, but he could hardly begrudge her, given the circumstances. Gabriel had thought it was a good idea, and so it had to be. The silver-shaded werewolf trusted the de le Poer man's judgment—after all, Gabe had already proven himself to be a far more capable alpha than Rurik himself. One needed only glance at dead and buried Syemv for proof of that.

Though Rurik had merely contemplated aloud, the silver-shaded werewolf did not have to align himself to her exact worldview, nor vice versa; the truest beauty of the world was in its difference. There was something quaint and beautiful in the golden woman's worldview regardless. Though Rurik knew, of course, the world was far from sunshine all the time, it was refreshing to find one who hadn't yet been touched by the taint of darkness. She was innocence personified, considering what she had risen out of. Sexual pursuits certainly didn't factor into his consideration of innocence. “Aye. Some places, zhey say everyzhing has spirit—trees and bushes and bugs, all of zhat. Places, too, maybe?” he said, finding this fascinating. He had never considered such beliefs to be truth; he did not understand the concept of tree spirits. “Aye. And I zhink maybe zhe world, it is better for zhis. You think eet es funny, zhe way humans die, and we become two-legged? We replace them, maybe?” the werewolf asked. He was not a philosopher, but he felt comfortable sharing such things with Rikka; he did not think she was the type to ridicule him for the things he thought, not in the least.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]