PACK SONG VOTING!
[html]
Phoenix Valley Pack Song Entries
What should I be thinking about before voting?

Pack songs are meant to summarize the pack in demeanor, feel, and spirit. Phoenix Valley is often said to be a place of dreamers, a home for those with nowhere else to go, and a place of peace. The land is rich in color during the warmer months of the year, its members tight-knit and its negotiations with other packs typically friendly. When listening to song submissions, keep in mind how you feel Phoenix Valley is as a pack and its demeanor--the pack song should summarize that both in sound and lyrics. Music videos should not be considered when voting.

1) TALLER CHILDREN by Elizabeth & the Catapult

LYRICS LOCATED HERE

"I think that "Taller Children" would be a good fit for Phoenix Valley because it keeps with the "misfits and dreamers" theme that has been used so often to describe the inhabitants of the pack. The song is a bit whimsical in the way it sounds. It is also pretty calm in terms of its sound, while keeping with a constant and interesting beat. This very much reminds me of Phoenix Valley because it tends to be peaceful and calm, but there is an interesting, youthful vibe to it as well. Also, "Taller Children" goes on to say "in the end we're all just taller children...you don't get smarter...you're the same as you started." To me, this represents Phoenix Valley's retention of innocence while moving on through experience; this is echoed in the experiences of the inhabitants of PV as well."

2) PLAY IT LOUD by McPx

LYRICS LOCATED HERE

"This is MxPx's "Play it Loud", it's all about being oneself, having fun, and not needing recognition for it."

3) STRAIGHT LINES by Silver Chair

LYRICS LOCATED HERE

"This is Straight Lines, a song that finds a middle-ground between other genres. The lyrics might seem slightly nonsensical, but it's about moving on and growing up."

Voting lasts until April 30. Winning entry is announced May 1st! Vote now!

[/html]