o Character Name: Tynan
o Character Birthdate (including year): April 9, 2008
o Whether he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular wolf
o Species: Gray Wolf
o Gender: Male
o A secondary form of contact: MSN: ender.pat@verizon.net
o How you found 'Souls: RPG directory
o Initial post:

Tynan's usually quick pace is slowed. His stomach was fully satisfied for the first time in weeks, and the spotty sunlight was a welcome relief. He finds a small stream and drinks from it at a relaxed pace.

Stopping, he looks around as a sudden thought crossed his mind. He had made the mistake of becoming overly relaxed before on other pack lands, and did not intend to do so again. Wishing to see if anyone owned the lands, he lets out several long howls. Moving to a spot under a tree near the steam he sits and waits for a response before advancing further into the lands.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2ff7d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.conorooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

Hey and welcome to 'Souls! =D

The call from a stranger was caught by golden audits that now twisted towards the direction together with a cream and cinnamon coated face. Tranquillity seemed to have taken over the calm lands of Dahlia de Mai lately. The absence of war was truly a blessing. Parts of Flander’s Field were still scorched and reeking of the long deceased fire, but new live was starting to crawl and writhe under the layers of blackened land. He cherished the new sound and moved quickly towards the borders to find an earthen coated male by the stream.

The rather young Dahlian was curious and showed little of the dominance that was usually displayed on a wolf’s features when a leader met with a trespasser in claimed lands. He had yet to draw up a smile on his lips, but that would probably come. Lilac orbs studied the stranger curiously for a moment as he stopped on a comfortable distance and let his white tipped tail dance slowly behind him. ”Greetings, stranger. What can I help you with?” The Soul male's face was peaceful now – such a contrast to the hard lines he had worn when Dahlia’s lands had been reeking of fire and blood.

[/html]
Rising from his sitting position, Tynan turns to face the new wolf. Noticing the relaxed posture of the other, Tynan breathes a sigh of relief in his mind to have found a wolf who is at least willing to tolerate his presence in the lands. He keeps his distance from the other for now, waiting to see how he would treat him. Tynan is surprised at the scratchy sound of his voice as he speaks for the first time in days.

"Are these your lands? My name is Tynan." He pauses and looks around at the peaceful scene around him before continuing.

"I've been traveling alone for several months and have not met a single welcoming pack." He turns his head back to the other wolf and examines him over for any sign of change. "Do you belong to one?"
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

--

This male was somewhat older than him, though soft lavender eyes watched the lone wolf as an equal. Haku had terrorized the souls that had appeared on Dahlian borders the days before he was overthrown. Conor’s path had been carved out long before the tragedy had tightened their grasp on the pack – the apple wanted to roll as far away from the tree as it could. Never, never would he be anything like his parents. It frightened the golden male to think of what he once had read in a human psychology book; that children often followed in their parents’ footprints whether they wanted to or not.

The Dahlian wolf’s eyes sharpened as the focus returned to the stranger as he spoke. Were these his lands? Well, some certainly thought so. A soft nod was given as an answer, but further information had yet to arrive as the trespasser continued. The yearling’s eyebrows furrowed slightly at what was said. Now that was a shame. It was clear that Tynan was not from around here, as Conor could not imagine any of the packs here be anything but welcoming to a stranger scratching at their door. Except for Inferni, of course.

”I’m Conor and these are the lands of the Dahlia de Mai pack,” the Dahlian revealed, settling on his haunches to turn this less formal. ”Are you from the North, friend?” the lilac eyed male now wondered, trying to place this Tynan on a basic map to get a feeling of his travel route. Always curious. ”Some packs tolerate strangers poorly I suppose,” he decided to add, knowing this was the truth. Dahlia had been a horrible place for joiners merely months ago before the insane alpha had been overthrown.

[/html]
At the question of his origin, Tynan's mind-eye recalls his journey of months. Staring at a spot on the horizon, he remembers leaving his old home after another larger pack forced his own out from their lands. The anger flashes inside him when he recalls waking one morning to find the strongest of the pack had left to seek out lands of their own. Then pack gradually shrunk from that point, from death or abandonment in search of stronger packs.

Turning to face Conor, his lips crack into a small smile. "Yes. I come from North and West. Not very far I would imagine if you took a direct route."

Tynan takes a few steps towards Conor to examine him more closely. This male was young, almost surprisingly so, but seemed to have seen much in his days already. He sits once more to mimic the others stance.

"I have only just arrived in these lands, but they already seem much more welcoming than many others. I have only sought a pack to join since my own fell apart. A place to lay my head and lands with enough food to survive on." His green eyes look over the face of Conor as he quietly speaks the next words. "Is yours welcoming to this?"
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Sorry for being slow, but my life is really busy atm Sad

The small smile was appreciated and Conor offered a small one of his own as he curled his golden tail around his light cream coated paws. North and west, that could be everywhere. Conor would not know much anyway, for he had never been outside of Nova Scotia. He knew there were worse and better places than here though and did not doubt the older male’s story. He remained relaxed as the male drew slightly closer, for they seemed to be on good terms already. The golden wolf nodded as Tynan as he spoke. Conor’s smile widened as it warmed up when a question rose. He knew the answer to this. ”If you seek a home Dahlia de Mai would be happy to have you.” or at least Conor would. The pack had suffered during the long months of war and had shrunk into something small and vulnerable. The young alpha knew why this was and understood, but a possible death of Dahlia was not something he wished to see. ”We can offer you what you seek, but what can you offer the pack?” he wondered lightly, tilting his head ever so slightly to the side.

[/html]
OOC: Don't worry about it. Just post when you can. Smile

IC:

Tynan could not hold back a large smile when he finally heard a welcoming response to joining a pack. His tail instinctively began to wag as he pondered the question of his skills. His tail slowed and his eyes stared at a spot on the horizon as he thought. After a minute of silence his green eyes looked back to Conor.
"I was only around your age when I began this journey. I can't say I have any extraordinary skills, it is hard to learn much beyond survival when you are living constantly on the move. I have little to offer beyond my loyalty and my skills as a hunter, a fighter, or a scout."

Hoping he did not imply the pack seemed war-like, Tynan quickly followed up his statement, "Not that the pack seems aggressive. These lands just seem extensive and desirable, and I thought you might need another pair of eyes to watch over them."
The silence seemed eternal to Tynan after he spoke. He was not used to this process and was afraid he had made a fool of himself with his blunder.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

=D

Silence wriggled in between them, but Coner let it stay uninterrupted. His violet eyed rested comfortably on the other, patiently waiting for a response. After a little while Tynan spoke and allowed Conor to get a glimpse of the life he had led. While Conor had passed his first year of existence and doubted he would have any trouble feeding himself, he did not doubt that living alone was hard. The golden wolf was a social being. The day the crazed Alpha of Dahlia de Mai had been overthrown Conor had not truly thought about some of the consequences that would rise. Somehow he had been the highest ranked wolf besides the crazed leader and he had suddenly found himself as Dahlia’s new leader. There were mixed feelings about the young leader amongst the pack’s members, but Conor just wanted Dahlia to live. For now he seemed to be the one in charge, but he only continued to do what he had done before the crown had been taken from his father: he did what he could to best help the pack and its members.

His concentration was pushed back to the lone wolf before him and his smile refreshed as appreciation rose within his young chest. ”A hunter, a fighter and a scout.” the younger wolf repeated in his tranquil voice. That was the average wolf and that was what Dahlia needed. They needed fresh blood and security once more. Haku Soul had taken so much away. Would the flower continue to wither even after the conflict was extinguished? Conor gazed at the new member of Dahlia and prayed for something more. ”You would be of great use for Dahlia, my friend,” he decided as he allowed his smile to grow and his white tipped tail to tap gently against the earth softened by spring. ”You’ll be a Subordinate for now, but we have a great need for scouts and hunters, so you will no doubt be granted a better suited rank soon enough.” It was that easy. ”Welcome to Dahlia de Mai,” he then decided to say, perhaps just to delay the inevitable. ”I’m the Alpha of the pack. Would you like me to give you a quick tour or would you rather find a place to rest for now?” It had no doubt been a long journey for Tynan.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

Tynan had waited months to hear such words of welcome. His mind already began to race with the ideas of staying in the same place more than one night, and enjoying the fellowship of others again. The sweet thoughts were replaced with concentration in moments as he turned his attention back to Conor. Tynan felt lighter as he spoke to his new leader, "Thank you. I promise you won't be disappointed." As weary as Tynan was of traveling, he knew he needed information more than rest for now. If he was to earn a place in this new pack, he had to at least know something about it. "Please, a tour would be appreciated. I must know at least a few things about my new pack before I can be at rest."

As he spoke and waited for a response, Tynan wondered what had caused such a young wolf to take on the the role of Alpha in this pack. In all his travels he had never seen one so young have so many responsibilities. Either tihs one possessed great strength, or something cataclysmic had happened. Either way, Tynan was merely happy to have a place to call home once again.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Whoa, sorry for length Big Grin

He thought he could detect fresh happiness within the other. He hoped he was right – wished that Tynan could find a happy life within the Dahlian lands. Conor too hoped that he would not be disappointed for accepting this stranger into the pack. What was more important still though was that Tynan should not have to be disappointed. He wanted Dahlia de Mai to be a good choice for lonely souls to pick. The pack’s reputation was damaged, but Conor believed that most things could be repaired. There were many amends yet to be made, but he firmly believed in a bright future. It had not always been so, but Conor was an optimist and made a point out of keeping up a positive perspective of life.

A tour it was and the young Alpha nodded and gestured with a toss of his neck as he turned for the new member to follow him. ”While it is significantly smaller now, Dahlia de Mai once was the largest pack around for some time and therefore our territory is large and rich,” the young male started off as he set a comfortable pace for them both. White tipped, golden tail danced slowly behind the four legged leader as he supposed he could start with the eastern territories since that was where they were at the moment. They were heading for the never-ending fields in the sub-territory commonly going under the name Terra Lupin. ”This part of the lands in front of us is called Terra Lupin, and you will soon see why,” lush green fields that would explode with lupin flowers when summer crept closer. He adored these parts of the territory, and so did a wide variety of game.

”In the middle of the territory and to the north we have two human city ruins. Many of us live in Wolfville, the city nestled in-between everything and there’s a lot of space. In the west we have old, abandoned wine yards and endless fields where the humans used to have farms.” There was a large variety of scenery here. ”Southwest lies Flander’s Field, where beautiful human graves and statues hide in-between the rich green lands. Unfortunately part of the formerly inhabited area there was put to the touch in a war that recently ended, so part of it is still covered with ash and burnt ruins.” Conor had been once of the wolves that had lived in a resurrected cabin in Flander’s field, but they had moved to the heart of Wolfville when the war had broken out to protect the children they were taking care of. Mew Sadira had disappeared since then and Conor supposed he was their father now.

”Directly southwest of here we have Demon’s Trail, and you should always be careful if you spend time there, as there are gashes in the ground hidden by grass and other growth. I have three children that I care for at home and I never allow them to go there without an adult to watch them.” Lavender eyes danced to the new member, hoping he was not boring the other while trying to play the role of a guide. ”Beyond the fields of Terra Lupin is Oberon’s Spring. Many of the streams you see here are smaller branches of the large river running through there, and the lake is the best fishing spot in the territory, although Dahlia’s northern borders face the sea as well.” The lands were richer than most, and now when Conor described the smaller territories within the pack’s grasp he recalled how large and wealthy the pack had been when he was a puppy. Change happened so quickly.

[/html]
Tynan followed Conor and listened intently as he gave a brief tour of the lands. The lands indeed were rich and desirable. Areas such as these were rare for Tynan to find, and to have found the area owned by a welcoming pack was a true blessing. He silently listened to the descriptions of the lands, although his mind raced with thoughts and plans for where he should settle down. As the tour was nearing an end, Tynan finally spoke to Conor.

"Is the pack now that much smaller than before? I am surprised that another pack has not tried to take some of the better lands for themselves." After he spoke this, Tynan held onto a small hope this might mean there was peace between at least some of the packs in the region. Although he had not met any others yet, he knew it would be almost impossible for such a large area to only have one small pack.

Hoping he would not interrupt Conor, he quickly asked another question with eagerness. "These lands are indeed large. I would not even know where to go from here. Is there anywhere in particular I am needed?"
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

--

The newcomer was silent as the golden yearling gave the overview of the territory. It would probably take more than a day to explore the territory in depth, and Tynan would have plenty of time to do that if he decided to settle down here permanently. Conor was careful to have no expectations rise as of yet for Dahlia’s newest member. Even if it sounded preferable today did not mean that Tynan would be able to find this to be the home he had searched for. There were many wolves stopping by only to disappear shortly after. While it was Conor’s wish that the earthen coated man would settle and find a life worth living here in the pack, he accepted that it was a good possibility this was yet another wolf passing through. He was welcome either way and the pack would just have to deal with things as they came.

He thought of his half-sister, Colibri, wondered how she was doing in Crimson Dreams. She and Anu. He made a mental note to visit them in the close future before he turned to answer the fresh subordinate’s question. ”Dahlia’s member count was almost thirty members a year ago,” he replied quietly, unable to recall the exact number because he had been so small back then. ”Today we are approximately twelve members. We just went through a war with a nearby coyote clan and both sides lost many members,” his comfortable voice dropped when he spoke of the war. Haku had ruined so many lives by starting that last war. He deserved nothing but death, truly. ”The rest of the packs are relatively peaceful as well, so that issue has never risen.” Was it common for the wolf packs to compete with each other for territory and hunting grounds where Tynan came from?

”It that something that would have been likely to happen where you come from, Tynan?” the young leader shot in with sincere curiosity. Moments later another question hit Conor’s golden hued ears and he smiled warmly at the male’s eagerness. ”Since you ask, I suppose to north-eastern borders could need some extra attention. Inferni, the coyote clan lies in that direction and though the war is over it could not hurt to be careful.” Those borders were also closer to Halifax, and though Conor had no idea where his crazy father hid, he knew that the dark brute had been fond of the human city in the past.

[/html]
Tynan walked to a grassy spot near Conor and sat down before telling the brief story in response to his question. Although he was young when he was forced to leave his home, he was old enough to have created memories that would last him for the rest of his life. He spoke a little slower than before as he sought out these old memories in his mind. "I can't say how common aggressive packs were in our area. All I know is our lands were invaded by a larger pack when I was around a year old. Fighting did not break out. We were only a handful strong, and knew we would not of stood a chance in any kind of fight. It was fight or leave, so we left."

Finishing his brief tale, he stood once more and gave a reassuring smile. His green eyes showed no anger, only satisfaction. "But that is the past, and it cannot be changed. It is better to move on with one's life and make the future better."

Tynan took a few paces before looking back and asking a last question to Conor. "Now that I feel a little more confident, I wouldn't mind taking that rest. Any suggestions for the best place to take a quick nap?"
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

--

Ears flattened as Tynan’s words reached them. Perhaps things like these did not happen here because most of the packs were connected on so many levels. Conor’s kind existed within all of the packs here, and even if he did not yet know this, even Inferni held a close relative. His mother still lived in Cour des Miracles. Aunt, uncle and cousins lived in Crimson Dreams. Another uncle was the leader of Phoenix Valley. The sub-leader of Aniwaya was an aunt. They were all connected in one way or another, which was why it had been so horrible to see Haku create the second war and turn on hostile behaviour towards all.

”I’m sorry to hear,” the golden leader spoke quietly. ”Dahlia has family ties with all the packs nearby, so perhaps being kin protects us from things like that,” he suggested, shrugging lightly. He did not know much about the rest of the world, but the packs here considered themselves more advanced and freethinking than the wolves of the past. Optime forms were used more and more often compared to the classic, four legged wolf form. They were developing. Conor’s thoughts were interrupted by Tynan’s voice, and he nodded when he recognized the knowledge that was being spoken out loud. ”True, true,” the golden yearling muttered with a touch of sadness in his voice. The past was unchangeable.

The last question was a tough one. Conor’s smile bloomed again on his young face as he thought about it. Every member of the pack had their favourite spot. The alpha’s personal favourite was a protected spot by Terra Lupin, where the flowers bloomed until late autumn. ”It depends on what you prefer. The cities offer human houses where most of them have beds still standing. If you prefer nature then there are attractive spots everywhere.” it was hard to give an exact location, really. ”If you continue to walk northwest from here, there’s lush fields and scattered trees. It’s wonderful to rest under the shadow of a tree while listening to the breeze rippling through the tall grass.” the male’s voice turned slightly dreamy as he imagined the tranquil scene.

[/html]
Tynan listed passively to the theory of peace in the region. One large family? He chuckled inside at the thought of having such a large family. His joy dimmed when he thought of his family and wished they had come to these lands with him. He wondered what had happened to the members of his old pack.

He snapped out of his train of thought when he heard the mention of human buildings. Tynan had seen plenty of buildings on his travels, but they were all empty of life or ruins when he investigated them. "Do wolves sleep in human structures often?" A good sunny spot on a grassy patch would satisfy Tynan, but he might be very entertained at trying out a human bed. He made a note to find one in the future. For now he planned on simply finding a comfortable spot to relax for a short time before attending to his new patrol duties.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Figured it was a good place to end it -- you can reply one last time if you want, then I'll archive it Smile

Yes, Conor’s family was enormous, and there would always be many that he did not know about. Unfortunately he had not been met with much love by the family closest to him. One should have thought that with such a large family there would be a large number of members able to take care of the two boys, but blood was often the only thing they had in common. It was sad, but true. Luckily there were some who cared, though they had never truly taken the initiative to seek out the two brothers in Dahlia.

”Some wolves choose to sleep in human buildings while others choose the more traditional way. Quite a lot of our members have dens, and if you know what to look for you’ll find a decent number of uninhabited dens that are open for accommodation.” Conor kept up his warm smile and let his lilac gaze dance away from the new subordinate to gaze towards Wolfville where he knew his family was waiting. ”The options are many; it’s your choice to decide what suits you.” for now the newcomer probably wanted rest. ”I have a few errands I need to run, so I will have to leave you, Tynan. If you need anything, I’m rarely more than a call away,” he enlightened the other before his golden form was on his way; continuing towards the city alone.

[/html]