Overwhelming life
[html]

OOC:Horrible with titles.WC:397

Just being accepted into the pack only a few days ago, Lili found herself overwhelmed by everything. They even lived in huts, that was something her mother or father hadn’t told her. She knew now and it was almost too much. She’d been spending her time in the town hall, but she knew that she wasn’t going to stay there the rest of her life. She wondered how she could get her own hut? Well maybe she would ask when the time was right. Right now she was moving slowly through the village, thinking of what she should do. She was at a total loss right now, back when she was with her parents they were busy most of the day or just laid in the grass when there wasn’t anything to do, right now there was so much to explore but since there was so much she didn’t know where to start! She moved through the village like a lost puppy daydreaming about something magical, but this new reality was the magical place.

Then she spotted the stables, that would be something familiar! She trotted over to it and slipped inside. there they were, nickering neighing softly, sleeping, but they were horses. She sighed smiling happily, she went over to the nearest occupied stall to a chestnut horse, she put her hands up to its nose and started whispering to the horse to show it she meant it no harm. The thought of the horse reminded her of the days that she’d been with her mother learning to train them. The pain was still fresh in her memory, knowing her mother wasn’t going to come back to her and teach her about this horse. Now she had to tell herself, it didn’t look like a riding horse, the muscles looked like it pulled something more than anything, maybe someone used a carriage or something, but that would be silly, wouldn’t it? Well she’ll know soon enough. The horse loked to be about 17 hands tall. It looked taken care of well enough. Well she knew how to take care and brush them well enough, as well as break a wild horse. Perhaps that was what she could do for the pack. She thought as she stroked the horse’s head, a few tears running down her cheeks. The wounds in her heard were not yet finished healing.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

ah yes, the cursed titles... I despise those things >Sad

Word Count: 600 on the dot!

The weather was slowly warming up more to the blonde wolf's liking, getting steadily warmer and sunnier each day. As a beach girl, she had been absoulutely miserable all winter, having never been in such a cold climate before. There were colder ones, yes, but Yumiko hadn't travelled far enough to experienced them first hand. So naturally she had complained all winter, huddling up at home at every opportunity. The warmth brought out the social desires in her heart, and today she had decided to leave her cave and her roomates for a few hours and go for a walk.

Despite the clouds in the sky, the sun still shone upon her upturned face as her eyes probed the heavens for all the rays she could gather after months of hiding. If she were human, she would be one of those people that sat on their front lawns in a bikini just to sunbath for hours at a time. Not the smartest thing to do, but her love of heat and light made it irresistable to do her own wolfen form of tanning.

Much to the female's surprise, Yumiko ended up just outside the stable that housed the tribe's horses. Walking along the trampled dirt path flanked by pastures still tinged with the dead of winter, she slowed down before the doors. Horses scared her. Their size, the way the snorted and showed the whites of their eyes at you, and how unpredictable they could be around those that feared them only helped to scare her further. The fact that she was one of the tiniest wolves around was no help either. Imagine looking up a something more than twice as large as you are that stares at you with nothing but contempt. That was all the blonde girl could see in a horse's mind.

Suddenly the day felt much colder, for although she could have just not gone inside the barn and continued on her pleasant walk, she felt a sudden inexplicable need to face her fears if for just a moment. After all, the horses would be locked up within their stalls. She'd be safe. Right? She snuck into the cool shade of the barn, shoulders hunched and her ears flicking madly at every noise. She was flanked by rows of horses. Trapped. Forcing her spine to straighten and her shoulders to relax, Yumiko continued down the rows, paying no attention to what was in front of her and instead keeping her focus on one large black stallion to her left. Her vision focused on that one horse as she warily neared it, one hand raised cautiously to pet it's snout. As the paw neared the velvety nose, the horse suddenly neighed and lashed out at the stall door with its hooves as it sensed the wolf's fear.

Yumiko couldn't handle it and screeched, falling backward onto the dirt with her hands over her face. She knew deep inside that she was safe, just being paranoid, but couldn't convince herself that these creatures were as gentle as she'd seen them be with other wolves. Was it her? As she sat upon the floor, still cringing, her senses both spinning and on hyperalert she heard a scuffle too soft to be hooves at the far end of the barn. Was another wolf there? She lowered her hands slowly, only to see the stallion with his head as far out of the stall as he could reach and only a few feet from her snout. She stared into his eyes, trapped within them. Her limbs were leaden with fear: frozen.

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
.Yumiko002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#767295; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Yumiko002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#767295; text-align:left;}
.Yumiko002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Yumiko002 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#c6d596; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... iko002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #767295; padding: 195px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#676a31; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:328

Lili was distracted by a noise at the other end of the stalls, she shrugged and kept her hand and talking slowly to the chestnut, then suddenly she heard a neigh and the horse banging against the wall of its stall. Lili jumped and looked to see a white furred wolf on the floor shivering in fear, was she ok? Lili started toward the wolf, but a stallion had it’s head out to check on her as well, Lili smiled, he was making sure the poor girl was ok, but it seemed he was making it all worse. She trotted up to the stallion, and pulled his head, up scratching under his mouth. Then knelt down to the she wolf who seemed so scared of horses…

Hey, you ok? You look terrified, the horse do anything too you?

she looked up at the stallion who was shaking his head, he seemed rather amused by his ability to scare the higher being. Lili shook her head.

Oh horse, you should be nicer, she could eat you up.

Lili has a slight accent but it wasn’t very noticeable, she was born near here so she sounded like most of the wolves here. He brought her attention back to the wolf that was so terrified of the horse.
Nothing to be afraid of, they are big babies, just have to show them who’s the boss.

Her grammar wasn’t all too great which made her sound like she was a little slow, but she was taught by her father that there was no need for all those words. She knew how to talk, but that was as far as it went, talking properly wasn’t something she ever learned in a packless family.
Lili is my name,
She said holding out a paw for the she wolf to grab onto, first to shake then to help her up, of course or the other way around whichever her companion felt like doing first.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

Pardon the wait.

Word Count: 320

The great black head before her raised from her view, and Yumiko stared straight ahead in amazment. A voice asked if she was okay, and she turned towards the source blankly. The female that towered above her was very odd in colouring, with blacks and reds and white all combined in the silky fur. The woman seemed to be gently holding the stallion's head, petting his chin. Oh sure, he likes her. she thought. As the she-wolf bent down, Yumiko put her heavy hands into her lap and finally came to her senses. The stranger looked up at the horse, and the blonde female followed her gaze only to quickly look away. Sure, the stranger could joke about it, but it was clear the horse had a fondness for her unlike certain other wolves, at least in Yumiko's mind.

"Nothing... to be afraid of?" Yumiko looked up at the humungous creature that towered abover her even more than normal with her sitting upon the floor. She glanced at the fellow wolf, her brow scrunched in disbelief. "Have you seen the size of that thing?" she said, gesturing wildly.

Lilli introduced herself, apparantly meaning well dispite her unnatural love for the beasts. Yumiko nodded, and did the same, saying, "I'm Yumiko. Can... we get up now? she asked, suddenly self-concious. As if reading her mind, a hand was thrust her way. The blonde female grasped it and hurriedly pulled herself to her feet, desperation making formalities irrelevent. Her hand was shaken by Lilli once she stood up anyway, and she returned the gesture. Taking a few careful steps away from the beast that still seemed to watch her every move, she scratched her arm nervously. "So, you obviously like horses," she stated blatantly.

Kicking the ground and looking across the barn, she said with a faint blush, "Maybe I could like them too..." Obviously no implications in that sentence. Oh no.

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
.Yumiko002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#767295; text-align:left;}
.Yumiko002 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#c6d596; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... iko002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #767295; padding: 195px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#676a31; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 376 OOC : No worries Big Grin

She smiled at the poor frightened wolf. When she was a pup she was afraid of horses. Until she watched her mother work with them, breaking them in to love the wolves around them, and sit of them and ride them. As her mother was doing that she was teaching Lili how to respect he horses, treat them kindly and she would get the same, love and nurture them as they were her own children and they would be as loyal as any child would, maybe better than others. Soon Lili found the love for the big things grow inside her. She had always wanted to take over her mothers work, it seemed she would be now.

Horses tend to feel more confident when one’s afraid and use that fear against them. So, don’t be afraid, swallow your fear. Horses don’t hurt us unless they fear for their lives, or are being hurt, so don’t hurt them or make mean comments to the. On rare occasions they just don’t like you, and well then just stay away with that one, they are big… but bigger babies.

She could tell Yumiko’s uneasiness around the horses and she sure wasn’t going to instigate it by leaving her in the barn much longer. She was absolutely terrified of spiders, as small as they were the creepy crawly too many limbed animal just was too much for her.

Come on, let’s get out of here, and yes I love horses, my mom trained them for other packs all over. Mostly for those who didn’t want to break a horse, we traveled all over.

She said moving away from the stallion’s stall over to the light of the sun outside.

I’m a bit new here so I don’t know my way around here much. Maybe you could give me an overview?

She asked hoping it would keep her new friend’s mind off the horses. They’d exited to where they could see the fields, which grew some kind of plants. Lili never really grew anything she’d always been wandering around so what they were she had no idea. Though she could tell they were planted there on purpose, she wondered if the tribe did that or if something else did.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

Updated

Word Count: 483

Yumiko lifted her head slightly, still blushing, and nodded intently at Lilli's enthusiastic explanation. Sure, she didn't fully believe it, but truth rang clear in the female's words and the blonde wolf was having a hard time not accepting the fact. She just couldn't get over her phobia so quickly, no matter how much rational evidence was presented to her saying that it was all silly. As if sensing her probably obvious discomfort, her companion suggested they leave the barn. Yumiko nodded a little too enthusiastically, although she was a little disappointed that she would not come to terms with her fear that day. Maybe, if the two became friends, they could try again in the future. Smiling at the thought, she walked with Lilli as her subconcious shaking ceased. She hadn't even been aware she was shaking.

"I see. You must have travelled a lot, as a pup," Yumiko said observantly. What would it be like, to travel so often, see so many places, all at such a tender age? She herself had been molded by stability, so the very thought was out of place in her mind. "I didn't see much when I was a kid. It was just me, my little sis and my parents." She absently rubbed at one eye as it itched in the expectation of tears. "Now it's just me, though," she said. "Is your mom... still around?" She did her best to be careful and gentle, in case it was as sore a subject for Lilli as it was for herself.

As they left the dimness of the barn and finally saw the sun again, Yumiko spread her arms and grinned, head tilted back slightly. She'd always been a creature of warmth and the spring was invigorating for her after months of winter solitude. The wolfess put down her arms and spun on tip-toe to face Lilli, as much in her element as Lilli was with the horses. "I thought I hadn't seen you around. I'm still kind of new myself. I only came here in... February, was it? But I can give you a quick tour if you like. Most of the interesting stuff is in the town, anyway. The rest doesn't take too long to explore," she said with a smile and tilt of the head.

Yumiko followed Lilli's gaze to the fields, and her ears raised and lowered in a sort of subconcious shrug. "They're interesting, aren't they? I've never seen another pack that grew their own crops before. Those look like wheat. The herb gardens are over there," she uttered with a gesture past their field of vision. Those were her favourites, for although they were only just beginnning to sprout, the healing herbs that so helped her profession were beginning anew. They were so beautiful, and she went there often now that the growing season had begun to care for them.

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:361

She nodded at Yumiko’s comment about her traveling a lot as a pup, she’d been to many places, but mostly all around the northern regions the’ve never been south other the big lake.

Yeah I’ve been all over the northern areas, I don’t remember a lot when I was a real small pup but I remember up north it got real real cold, and we got stuck there for a month before we could leave again or we’d have frozen to death.

That wasn’t more than four months ago either, when they got stuck, Lili was still a young wolf, and she was still learning. She could see the sadness in her new friend’s face, and knew she’d lost her family, it hurt her more knowing she wasn’t the only one who had such a painful act happen to her.

No… no, she … um she starved herself, thinking she didn’t deserve to live…

Lili explained looking down but she took a few breaths keeping herself from crying before she lifted her head up, she was glad Yumiko was such a nice wolf, it was good, maybe they could be close friends once they got to know each other.

Thank you, I feel so lost when I don’t know my way around.

She said and listened to the explanation of the plant life growing in front of them. Well that was interesting, she never thought about planting food and stuff inside the ground.

Too bad you can’t grow meat , we’d surely be in paradise

She said jokingly then looked over where Yumiko to see what she was talking about, her ears perked up, herbs were definitely and interest to her, her mother taught her about aloe but never got the chance to teach her about more than that. She noticed that the girl had the look on her face like Lili’s mother would when she was explaining training horses.

You work with the herbs around here?

She asked, she sounded excited, maybe if Yumiko did know about herps and spices she’d teach Lili, well Lili knew enough about spices from her father who taught her how to cook.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#554531; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:322px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]