A quick look
[html]

Back-dated a little. To when, exactly?
I wrote this up and forgot to actually post it. Fail ><

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Though he had just left Savina's house, the chief was not about to go home immediately. Some time had passed since Ghita's injuries, and while he was here he wanted to check up on her, and make sure that her wounds were healing properly. She might not like it, but he didn't care; she would appreciate his efforts later, maybe. Dawali knew that one should never assume that the body fixed itself, even if it seemed like it. Maybe two weeks later, or just a day after a speedy recovery, something went wrong and the patient ended up worse off than they had been. Seeing as Ghita's injuries had mostly been broken or bruised bones, any big decline didn't seem likely, but Dawali still wanted to see that the bones were healing properly, and last but not least, to see if she was allowing her injuries to heal without putting too much stress on them. Many patients got up on their feet as soon as the pain decreased, but this medic knew all too well that it could ruin the healing process entirely. He'd seen it with the leg of one of the elders in the Great Tribe, and he had had to use a stick to help him walk until he died because of it. Dawali didn't want to see such a thing happen to anyone, and especially not anyone young like Ghita. He attempted to filter her scent from the mass of scents that made up Crimson Dreams, but eventually gave up. Lifting his russet muzzle to the sky, he called for her, though he wasn't sure just how she would be able to move. Even so, if she just called back, he would be able to find her. He was just getting the direction wrong right now, probably.

[/html]
[html]

<3333
Wc: 603

She'd heard the call as clear as day - far from slumber, the fae found herself more attuned to everything around her - be it the footfalls of her packmates or a piece of nearby prey. Especially as her eyes remained closed, her pitiful defense against the fresh bouts of pain. Only able to sit helplessly as her bones and skin knit themselves back together, the fae found herself plagued by feelings of uselessness and misery brought on by the multiple wounds covering her body.

Her first instinct upon hearing the call was panic. The last time a howl had been heard in the pack's lands, it had been one of desperation and fear, brought on by the young Mati to save Ghita's own niece. Even though the call sounded nothing like hers, being masculine of timbre, the panic still remained, leading the fae to jolt upright, instantly regretting the movement as her ribs shrieked in protest. Biting her lip to prevent a whimper from escaping her, the fae took a moment to collect herself, letting her lungs drink in air to steady her nerves.

Steadily, it had become obvious that the healer was the source of the howl, and something far from panic. The healer who'd cared for her soon after the fae had been dug out of the rubble was simply checking up on her - an action that had confusing emotions tied to it. Although far from happy about the fact that she had to be cared for, there weren't many other wolves that Ghita'd trust to do it. Although she'd met Dawali only a few days earlier, he'd been a friend to Savina for a long time now, as well as mentor to Cambria in terms of healing. With two Marinos good friends to the Aniwayan leader, that was more than enough to allow Ghita to trust him.

Air hissed out of her body as the fae rose, using her bandaged hands to push herself off of the couch. The needle-like pain from the scratches had long since been outmatched by her broken leg and ribs. Dragging herself to her one good hind paw, the Optimed fae steadied herself against the wall, balance not her forte without an extra leg to rely on. Bending her good knee to reach her walking stick, the fae collected herself once more, adjusting to movement after a long period of rest.

Her sarong had been used as a bandage around her ribs, keeping them in place to promote healing among the cracked and broken bones. But the most elaborate dressing on her, the one that made Ghita feel like an Egyptian mummy was the awkward splint around her leg , two long sticks bandaged together on either side of her leg. Using her walking stick, the fae managed to propel herself forward, alternating leg and stick until she'd reached the doorway to the manor. Leaning against the open doorframe, Ghita drank in the fresh air eagerly, appreciating the cool air swirling through her lungs after mere hours of being confined to the couch.

Although her body had been broken, her proud spirit was far from defeated. Letting the air out in a response, her notes danced on the wind, traveling towards Dawali as fast as they could. Of course, she'd rather go to find him herself, but the fae wasn't stupid. Headstrong? Yes. Rash? Yes. But stupid? Not quite. The point had been made very clear to her - if the dust-coloured fae ever wanted to run and hunt like she used to, movement would sacrifice itself for the time being.

"notes:"

<style type="text/css">
.Ghita03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b94935; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ghita03ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; text-align:right;}
.Ghita03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ghita03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#ece99f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ghita3.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636830; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am so very sorry >< Let me know if you think this thread is too old to keep. :/

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The russet male changed directions as her howl reached him, and he was glad to hear that she was some distance away, and obviously was not moving from her spot. He'd made it as clear as possible to her that she needed rest now, perhaps as long as a moon, maybe more. It depended on her rate of healing, which he found to vary from person to person. His own strong legs were used to walking, and long, too. Taking him over the territory with speed and ease, he could not imagine how crippling it must be like to have a broken leg. He was fortunate, and had never suffered any broken legs, though he had been injured. He knew the feeling of restlessness.

Her scent grew stronger as he neared her den, and his eyes searched for her in every direction, now, expecting to see her form anytime soon. Moments passed before he spotted her and approached her with a smile. She was still bandaged — good. Some were quick to remove the bandages, too quick, but he was glad to see that Ghita followed instructions. He was fairly certain she would not like to live with her ribs poking in the wrong directions just because she was impatient. "Hi there! How are you feeling? Better?" He'd given her some ointments for her pain, but he did not know whether she was using them. Even if she was not, there was bound to be some lessening of the discomfort by now.

[/html]
[html]

Don't worry about it! <3 If you'd rather dump this thread, that's fine by me, but I'm happy to keep going!
Wc: 251

It didn't take long after her responding howl for the Italian fae to spot the russet-coloured male approaching on all four healthy legs and arms. Where a prickle of envy for those without her disability had prickled at the back of her neck previously, nothing stirred beneath her skin but appreciation for the male. He was tied to Ghita's family by friendship only, no pack obligation or anything of the sort. The fae felt nothing but respect for the wise wolf who was mentoring her niece, and had probably saved not only hers but many lives in his past.

A small smile spread across her face, but it was one that couldn't quite reach her expressive turquoise optics. For as much as she had come to respect and admire the male, his arrival still reminded her of the bandages she had to wear, and the wounds she had received for her niece. Letting out another sigh, she leaned as best as she could against the doorframe, only standing up once he'd arrived.

"Hey, Dawali. I'm doing alright, although I wish I could be back on my feet soon. The ointment you gave me has been working well for my ribs, but I feel as if there's something wrong with my leg's break... It doesn't seem to be healing as fast." Her voice carried the spirit of one without care, but behind that shaky facade lay a wolfess who was desperately fighting against letting her fear getting the best of her.

"notes:"

<style type="text/css">
.Ghita03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b94935; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ghita03ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; text-align:right;}
.Ghita03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ghita03 {margin:0 auto; width:389px; background-color:#ece99f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ghita3.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636830; padding: 0px 0px 215px 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636830; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]