Living Life With No Sense of Time
[html]

Alright, I didn't necessarily love this post. I was writing it while watching TV, so I'm sorry if it reads weird, lol.

Milky blue eyes focused blankly ahead of the Dauphine as she strolled across the Cour des Miracles lands. Her destination for the day was the Chien Hotel, the dwelling place of many of her pack mates, including several she did not know. The blue merle and alabaster collie was on a mission to meet all the members of her pack over the next few weeks. It was doubtful it would be very difficult as her frequent travels around the lands gave her numerous opportunities to track people down. For today, Soleil, Ruri's cat had chosen to stay home. He had been sidetracked with a mouse he had cornered in the kitchen and had not seen his blind mistress leave. Ruri disliked leaving him behind, but she had wanted to get out of the house early so as to have the greatest chance of meeting someone at the hotel. It was her hope that if she arrived early to the hotel people would still be there and not all scattered about the lands with their various daily tasks.

The feeling of the grass between her toes was something Ruri had looked forward to for months. With winter's hold finally disappearing from the world around her the Dauphine found herself feeling much better, as if the world was going back to its proper state. She had not hated the winter, but she had not loved it either. However, spring was her season and she was welcoming it with slender arms outstretched.

She reached the hotel in less than an hours time, but she had to take a minute to pause and collect herself. The idea of specifically going out to meet people was a bit unnerving to the lautari. She loved meeting people, and she always sought her friends out when she had a need for companionship, which was almost constantly, but something about this felt different. As Dauphine she was one of the pack leaders, in truth she rarely thought about the responsibility such a position carried with it as it made her nervous. However, it was her job to be someone that everyone could have confidence in to lead them. Cour des Miracles stressed equality for all members, but none could deny that being one of the three highest members of the pack carried with it some respect. The emotionally sensitive Border collie was always worried about letting Jac down. He had made her his second in command, and she wanted to live up to his expectations. He was a king, and her father figure. Disappointing him was one of the things Ruri feared most. So it made sense why she was somewhat apprehensive about meeting her other pack members. She wanted to make a good first impression.

[/html]
OOC: sorry I got this to you so late
[html]

WC: 401

Niro had a long night, he’d been fretting all night, trying to figure out why his trap wasn’t working. Shouldn’t he have caught a bird by now? Was it the wrong type of trap? Maybe he had the wrong bait in there. He knew he should just use a different method, but he didn’t have the materials the book asked for. He’d need netting, and there was precious little, those that had net would be using it for their fishing, and he didn’t want to impose on anyone anyway, he had no problems asking for help. But something that meant a lot of looking for something rare, that could be easily broken by a beak, was more imposing than helping with a hammer in a piece of wood.

He spent the morning actually pouring over his reference books, not sure what he was doing wrong, drawing out horrible looking plans only he knew were plans. He’d gotten frustrated with himself and moved to the main room where a fire was always on, warm and inviting, he paced up and down for most of the morning, but soon sat, watching the flame, playing with the strap on his shoulder. The only clothing he wore, and it wasn’t even clothing, it was a sling, which held a small speckled egg tight against his fur to keep it warm. His mind reeled on and on trying to figure out if he was doing something wrong or the greater powers just didn’t want him to train birds. He put his head in his hands, and his elbows on his knees, shaking his head, his ears laid back, he was oblivious to sounds except for the mutterings he made

Not rabbit… sparrows were too small… maybe find something for the wires so I can trap the little birds in? that would mess up the whole trap though…

This was what he did throughout the morning hours. Sitting muttering to himself, in his head or out loud if it didn’t sound right in his head. He didn’t have half as much trouble getting the egg as he did when he had step the trap, he’d already caught a rabbit to sit as bait, a sparrow, which was too small, even a few other rodent types. Most of which didn’t really seem to entice a hawk what so ever. which these things were their meals they caught.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 300+

Upon entering the hotel, the merle and ivory collie dog was greeted by the much warmer air, and a scent of someone in the main room. Perfect, now she wouldn't have to go looking and knocking on people's doors. She had dreaded the idea of doing that and was quite thankful for being able to discard it. The individual, a male judging by the scent combined with the deeper tone of his occasional mutterings, sounded somewhat distressed. Perhaps she would be able to help with whatever was wrong."Excuse me, I'm sorry I don't mean to interrupt you, but you seem as if you're upset about something. Is there any way I can help?" she questioned, pupil less eyes focused in the man's general direction. Taking a few steps forward, officially entering the main room, it took a few moments for Ruri to remember that she hadn't introduced herself."I'm Ruri, by the way, Ruri Aceline the Dauphine and Lautari of Cour des Miracles," she stumbled over the words, trying to introduce herself properly to the stranger. He was a member of the pack, so hopefully he would not mind such an intrusion. She hadn't meant to interrupt anyone. She was just trying to get to know everyone in the pack.

The fragile woman found herself blushing slightly in embarrassment, noticing that she was now standing in the middle of a room having simply walked in and announced herself in the middle of this man's thoughts. Why was she so bad at this leadership thing? Perhaps it was the fact that she had followed Jac her entire life and had never had to really lead anything but rather pull on the reins in case her leader got too far ahead of himself. She rarely stuttered when others introduced her, but that was probably because at those times other people had broken the ice first. For a moment she wished she had stayed at home or asked Heath to come with her on her rounds. She would have waited until his chores at the stables were done. Then she would have spared herself all of this difficulty, but no she had come by herself. As Dauphine she would have to start being somewhat more independent. This seemed to be fate's way of helping her along.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 500 on the dot!

Niro had missed her actual entrance, he was so deep in thought. This was how he was like Orin if something was bothering him he would bury himself in his thoughts and not emerge from it without interruptions like what Ruri had just done, by speaking his mind popped out of his interrogation of his brain and onto the form standing in the middle of the room. He blinked his surprise not saying a word at first then what she’d asked ingrained in his head, he was about to answer when she suddenly introduced herself, he smiled, he was use to these kinds of distractions. Another Ruri, well he’ll remember although one a fem and the other male, he’ll have to try and not get them mixed up on accident. But he could definitely tell this one was female from her scent. Then just as he was thinking about that her title came to his ears, She was a leader! He stopped his hesitation

It’s a pleasure to meet you! My name is Niro, Niro Takekuro, and uh I don’t know about the help, I’ve yet to find someone who knows much about birds and trapping them. See I’ve been having trouble with the trap I have set out, I’ve tried everything to entice the birds, I don’t know if the wire is too thick or the bait isn’t what they want… I just don’t know.

Once he started he couldn’t stop, until he remembered he was talking to someone who was a much higher rank and well, she didn’t need to hear his rantings. He looked at her, he could tell something was off about her, she looked there, an able wolf, but something about her stance her ears the way her head was cocked near him, looked alien. He’d never met someone blind so he couldn’t have imagined such a thing was possible.

I’m sorry you don’t need to hear my rant, I was saving it for my sister when she got up. I’m sure I’ll figure out what is wrong soon enough.

He said much more calm, he noticed he’d gotten up from his seat and was pacing again. He stopped as soon as he spotted himself doing it. He sighed still facing the she wolf, well the company was good. He loved seeing new faces. He wondered if he’d met the whole of the pack and laughed to himself, he seriously doubted that. Then he asked a questin that was itching at the back of his mind before he’d burst out in his rant

I know a dauphine is a high rank for the pack, but what does one do exactly?

his voice was now calm and inquisitive and then he forgot his own manners, letting himself blush through his fur, and moved aside

Have a seat first though please.

He motioned to the chair he’d been sitting in. it was right next to the fire so it was the warmest in the room

<style>
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:600+

The man's name was Niro Takekuro, she registered that much before he began explaining the problem he was having. It related to birds and trying to trap them. Why would one ever want to do such a thing? The blind woman knew there were many types of birds, but the extent of her knowledge was that most of them were very small, had pretty voices, and weren't easy to catch. However, perhaps some of them were slow enough to catch and good enough for food. Such a thing would make sense. Of course, then he mentioned bait. What kind of bait would he need? Being blind she had never seen birds eating, and thus had no idea what their favorite foods might be. She really was quite unable to help with this particular problem. It wasn't often that she was unable to do something to help, and the feeling somewhat puzzled the delicate collie girl. When he began to apologize for going off on a tangent, Ruri couldn't help but shake her head,"No need to apologize. I do the same thing more often than not. It's hard not to when you've been thinking about something for awhile when someone comes in and starts talking to you. It seems that the mind has difficulty switching subjects," she replied with a friendly smile, her plumed tail swishing back and forth in a content manner.

His change of subject was rather abrupt, but again the Dauphine didn't mind. He wished to understand the purpose of her rank, what went along with being second in command. "Well, I'm second in command to the King. He's supposed to come to me if he needs help making a decision and I think I'm supposed to take over if he's not around. Fortunately that hasn't happened yet, because I don't know what I would do. Other than that I just go around and try to get to know everybody. I'm also the lautari of the pack, so my other job is to help people feel happy whether I sing for them or just talk to them. I also sing at the pack celebrations if people want me to." She hadn't known it but her arms were now crossed in front of her chest, in a self-calming gesture. She'd never had to describe her duties in detail before. Was she really supposed to do all that? Had she been doing a good job? She'd have to ask Jac about that next time she saw him. He was the King after all, he would tell her if she was doing a good job or not. He would know.

With the offer to have a seat, her half-folded, collie ears perked up in mild surprise. "Oh, thank you, but I'm okay with standing. To be honest, I don't remember where all the chairs in this room are. I don't spend a lot of time in the hotel," she explained, blushing in mild embarrassment. This was not because she was ashamed of her blindness, certainly not. She was simply embarrassed that she had forgotten the layout of the primary meeting room of the pack. This was understandable, with so many places to try and remember forgetting one or two here and there was acceptable. Ruri was just not used to forgetting such things. Her memories served as her maps of the world, for her forgetting one of them was like temporarily forgetting how to talk at least in her mind. In all honesty it was likely that Ruri hadn't entirely forgotten the layout of the room, but that her earlier worrying about doing a bad job as Dauphine had pushed the memory aside to some inaccessible place for the time being. This didn't make it any less embarrassing for Ruri though.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 328

He listened to her speaking, she seemed a little nervous still but not so much, as she explained her job to him his eyes widened, well that certainly was a hard thing to take on, too much responsibility for his taste. When she mentioned singing he perked his ears up a bit, he rarely heard anyone sing, well his sister hummed but he didn’t hear her sing or anything. He wondered what her voice was like, but he dared not ask such a thing. He was sure to hear her in a celebration like she said. Which made him wonder when the next one is, but he decided he’d find out sooner or later. Her next comment confused him immensely. He looked to the chairs in the room. He could see them just fine… that was when it hit him… she couldn’t see? He’d never met a blind wolf, he didn’t think one could exist but there was one, one who was well taken care of and who took care of other people. He felt so embarrassed, and he turned red. He never thought of what it would be like to not be able to see.

Oh I’m, um, if you do need to sit, I’d gladly pull up a chair for you

he said, not sure that was the right thing to say, he wasn’t sure how she acted about it, he felt bad that she couldn’t see all the beautiful things around her, but she seemed to look more at the positive, or she wouldn’t be a leader, she had her voice her ears, everything.

That’s a lot to do by the way, I don’t think I could handle all of that. I’m best at hunting myself really. That’s what I’m best at anyway. Well I do hope to be a falconer someday

He said, he was trying to get his mind off the overwhelming idea that the wolf in front of him was infact blind!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I actually want to be a falconer someday. When I was 14 I actually took my falconry licensing test and passed with flying colors, but I couldn't find a registered falconer who was willing to teach me. So, that dream has been pushed aside for a little while, but its one of my top ones so I'll probably go back to it the second I get a chance.

Pupil-less eyes were directed toward the sound of Niro's voice as he now offered to pull a chair up for her. He seemed surprised by the revelation that she couldn't see. Most were, and she did not mind at all. It was actually quite nice of him to make the gesture, as it eased some of her feelings of embarrassment. Perhaps if he pulled a chair up for her it would jog her memories of the large meeting room. "Sure, now that you put it that way. Thank you very much," she replied, taking a few steps toward the man, waiting to hear the sound of the chair moving before going towards it to sit down.

When the man commented on how much responsibility her position carried the slate and ivory woman could not help but smile, nodding in agreement. "It does seem a bit overwhelming now and then, but my friends seem to think I'm doing okay so far," she replied, somewhat unsure of whether or not her friends were just being nice or if they really meant it. Who was she kidding, of course they meant what they said. None of her friends had ever led her astray. Well, not intentionally at least, and she could not hold them responsible for those few accidental occasions.

What Niro said he wanted to be confused her somewhat. She had never heard that term before. Falconer was it? What did such an individual do? Obviously it had something to do with hunting or so Niro had said, but to what extent? "Forgive me, but I'm not sure what a falconer is. What makes being a falconer different from being a hunter?" She knew what falcons were, at least someone had told her once that they were a kind of bird, but that was the extent of her knowledge. To her, most birds were just that, birds. She could recognize a few species by their songs, but she only knew those because people had pointed them out to her over the course of her life. She did not have the slightest clue what falconry, or falcons had to do with hunting.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 381
OOC: Really? I would sooo love to work with big raptors myself, unfortunately I can barely handle the teeny non predatory birds, (I is afraid of beaks >.>)

Niro had to remind himself what it would be like not to see, so when she agreed for him to pull up the chair and moved closer, he hurried towards the closest one to her and moved it towards her until it was touching her legs, and the arms were within her reach so she wouldn’t fall over them. He was still a pup compared to most people but he was a smart one. He then moved a second chair closer to her, listening to her as she spoke.

You have good friends, I’m sure they look out for you, I do hope to make many friends myself, although I consider everyone my friend even those I have not met, until they prove to me they are not.

He said, this was of course the truth, there were many wolves he disliked, and he knew there were many more he would dislike, but he was one to be friendly with everyone who hasn’t shown him or his friends any danger. He was taken aback by her words. She didn’t know what a falconer was, did she know what a falcon was? He let the silence eat up her question, as he thought about how to answer it properly.

Well, you see, a falconer isn’t just a hunter, he trains birds, like falcons hawks, eagles to help them hunt, carry messages and well, there’s endless possibilities but the hunting part is mostly what a falconer trains a bird to do, a falcon has much better eyes than a wolf’s and he can see far far up above the ground, making it so prey could be easier to get to…

He paused hoping she understood what he meant, he knew she wasn’t dumb or naïve, she seemed a pot full of intelligence, but with her sight gone he wasn’t sure if he was saying the right things to her.

I want to be able to train the birds so that when we go hunting it won’t take us so long to find our prey. I need to catch them first.

he said, finally shortening his long speech, he hoped he didn’t confuse her, if he did he was certain that she would ask, he’d try not to screw those answers up either.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I used to be afraid of beaks when I was little, but then my family got our parrots and I've grown to just have a healthy respect for them. My dad, who has handled exotic birds for most of his life, told me that I had to realize that birds will bite me because that's just what they do sometimes. I had to teach myself that if I let the fear control me I would never be able to control a bird. So, needless to say almost a decade later I'm still handling birds, I've been bit a few times, nothing too severe though. It just takes time and patience to teach yourself. Don't give up ^_^

Niro spoke of her friends, though she doubted he had met all of them yet. Since she had not named any names she couldn't know for sure, but she knew he was right all the same. His philosophy about others made her smile, for she shared a similar if not identical view of those she met."That's a good way to make friends. If you start out acting like someone is your friend, being friendly yourself, then people seem to generally want to be your friend too. It's not a sure fire thing, but it does seem pretty reliable," she replied, her nightingale's voice ringing in a positive tone.

The silence that fell after her question about falconers was expected by the lithe woman, and she sat quietly to allow Niro the appropriate time to formulate his answer. Half-folded, collie ears were perked and focused forward, her milky blue eyes directed towards him, and her hands neatly folded in her lap as the Dauphine waited to be taught the difference between a falconer and a regular hunter. Then the explanation came. Falcons were obviously predatory birds, evidently with incredibly good eyesight that they utilized to find their prey from high up in the air. A falconer's job was to train his falcon, hawk, or eagle to find prey and lead the falconer to it. What a brilliant idea, at least so it seemed to Ruri. Finding prey faster was always a good thing, and using creative ways to do it only made it more fun right? "So...you train birds to help hunt food. In turn, I'm assuming you feed and care for the bird...sort of like a pet? The only reason I ask it that way is because my mate and I have a cat that we feed and take care of, in turn he keeps us company and keeps the mice away from our house. He's a member of our family, I guess you could say. Is that how falconers are with their birds?" The blue merle Border collie hybrid was curious to learn if birds could be kept in a similar fashion to cats. After all, they were both predatory species, just like luperci. However, she assumed there was likely something more to training and caring for a large bird than keeping a pet cat. After all, Niro said he first needed to catch one. That in itself seemed to entail a lot of work.

[/html]
WC:400+
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

OOC: It's not that they bite me I've had a perrot and handled love birds, and got pretty freaking close to a macaw, but not enough to bit ahahaha anyway, just intimidating I guess.
-----

He was so glad that she understood what he was saying, which made him sight with relief. He had never been one to explain things well, maybe his sister was rubbing off on him? He wasn’t sure, but maybe some of her could rub off on him, but a good few things he’d do without.

Well they aren’t really pets as much as they are companions, the birds are treated a lot like the horses, because they have a tendency to… poop wherever they want to. They are to be kept in the barn. But yes I will make sure they are fed and watered like kings and queens, they won’t have as hard a life as they use to but, sadly not as much freedom as they wish, I hope to make it so they trust me and want to stay with me rather than me having to keep them tethered all the time.

He stopped babbling, and cleared his throat, he talked too much when he got that chance, and when it happened he just let it all go. He blushed.

You have a cat? Really? I’ve never known one to actually be a pet, I mean I’ve seen ferals all over the place, but didn’t even think about one as a pet or anything.

He asked, he’d have to make a plan to go see the cat, he’d never met a nice one, and he wasn’t sure if tame ones were any better than feral, then again he was never really a cat kind of wolf.

[/html]
[html]

That's understandable, I handle macaws occasionally, but I don't think I'll ever stop being a little apprehensive. I just cheat when the birds start getting feisty. I'll start playing with their beak so they don't have time to focus on biting my hand. The strategy usually works, but not all the time. Some of the older birds seem wise to the trick, but it's fun to see them try to outwit me.

Ruri listened to the distinction Niro made about the birds, that they were companions not pets. That made sense. She didn't really see Soleil as a pet either, but he was definitely more than just a companion. He was a member of her and Heath's small family and was treated as such. "It certainly sounds like you've thought this all through very thoroughly. I'm sure that your birds will be more than happy to stay with you with all of this good treatment they'll be getting. She replied, smiling to emphasize her encouraging words. She was genuinely interested in the idea of keeping large, predatory birds, though she knew such a thing would be impossible for her. Keeping an animal that relied so much on it's eyes would be almost impossible for one without the use of her own eyes.

When the Takekuro male turned the discussion to her cat, the slight collie woman grinned again, always happy to tell other's about her fluffy, orange, feline companion. "He's a very sweet little animal. My mate and I found him in the stables one day. My mate is Heath Morte dre Soul, the pack Marshal, by the way. Soleil, that's my kitten's name, sort of adopted Heath and I before we adopted him. He's lived with us for several months now, and he seems to like it. Heath and I love him a lot. He usually follows me everywhere, but today he was occupied with hunting mice around the house or something, so he didn't notice me leaving," she giggled, her mind drifting to thoughts of the growing, adolescent Maine Coon slinking about the cabin looking for his rodent quarry. He seemed to always get so absorbed in his task, even Ruri's calls rarely broke his concentration. If Niro was interested perhaps she'd make it a point to bring Soleil to the hotel to show him sometime.

[/html]
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

WC: 306

OOC: lol that sounds like a dangerous trick still lol i have trouble even thinking about touching their beaks XD

------

Talking to Ruri made Niro feel much more confident and her words made him feel more sure about what he was doing, and that in itself made him know she was definitely right for such an esteemed job as she had. He couldn’t help but smile back even though she couldn’t see he knew she could feel his happiness somehow. He listened about her adoption of the kitten and got excited when he heard Heath’s name in the mix, he helped Niro get his egg! But he didn’t interrupt Ruri and kept listening.

He sounds like a very good cat, and you probably have less mice in your place just because of him.

Niro said, he patted his pouch that he held on his person at all times, and figured it was a good time to tell her how her mate had helped him get his golden eagle egg, which he was sure she didn’t know about because she couldn’t see.

Your mate Heath helped me greatly too. He helped me climb a cliff to get an egg of a most magnificent bird. I think without his help, I wouldn’t have even tried to go over the ledge on my own. Would you like to feel it. You can somewhat feel a little movement inside.

He asked curiously, the chick inside was moving slightly, he felt it when he pressed his hand on the egg, it wasn’t ready to hatch quite yet, but he was sure it would be only a matter of time before he had a chick on his hands. He wondered silently in his head how well the blind woman’s touch could be, better, or weaker because of it? He shrugged he was sure his sister would know and he wouldn’t have to offend anyone in the process of the question.

[/html]
[html]

Niro certainly was a pleasant individual. Ruri had to admit. He was so enthusiastic about his falconry, but he was polite enough to act just as interested in what Ruri was talking about. Lots of her friends were like that, but the blind woman liked to acknowledge it when she came across such people. His compliment of her currently absent kitten was met with a gracious smile, thanking him silently for his words. Soleil was a blessing from whatever higher powers kept this world in order, she knew that much. Caring for him was one of the tremendous sources of joy for the collie woman and her coy-wolf mate.

How convenient it was that as soon as Ruri thought about Heath, Niro began talking about how the Marshal had greatly helped him. The blue merle and white fae enjoyed hearing the positive things people had to say about her mate. He was too humble to ever take credit for such things himself, so she only ever found out about his many good deeds from her fellow pack members. Knowing how Heath had once been a rough and tumble loner made his good deeds all the sweeter to the collie's ears. He truly was the greatest mate in the history of mates, at least to her.

When the young man offered to let her touch his precious egg, the pupil-less blue eyes of the Dauphine lit up with a puppish enthusiasm. She had never felt an egg before, at least not one with a baby bird still inside. She always relished the opportunity to touch new things, to get the opportunity to feel the unique surfaces of nature."Y-yes, I'd love to. Thanks!!" she replied, her nightingale's voice chiming in excitement. Slowly, her delicate, white hand moved forward, towards Niro's chest. She touched his fur first, running her fingers down his chest until she felt the material of his pouch. Then, with the same gentle touch she ran her hand over the material until she found what she assumed was the egg. Nestled against Niro's chest, the smooth, oval object was warm to the touch. Her sensitive fingers gently caressed its surface before a small jostling from within made her smile in excitement. She'd felt it. The little chick was moving inside, just like an unborn pup in the womb of its mother. "That's amazing Niro! How long before it hatches?" she questioned, her hand still gingerly touching the egg. She barely moved, not wanting to risk potentially harming the fragile object.

[/html]
[html]

WC:403

He could see that his choice in words were making Ruri happy. This in turn filled him up with happiness knowing he helped cause it, she was such a wonderful wolf and he envied his friend Heath now for finding and falling for such a nice one, Niro wondered if he’d ever find someone that he could fall for, but thinking about his sister, how she got herself into trouble he was stuck for now. No sane wolf would ever want Niro if his sister was near, she was much too exotic of most, although she too had made friends here in the pack.

He watched her face light up with wonder when he offered to show her the egg, but before he got a chance to hold it out she had put her hands on him, he stiffened, not use to touch by others. The only one who touched him had really been Orin. Well anann did, except it was his hand not his chest, although he knew she couldn’t see yet preferred to seek rather than be guided, he felt really uncomfortable. It was over quick though when she started caressing the egg and the big beautiful smile on the blind woman’s face came to when she felt the movement inside. Niro grinned, feeling that somehow this blind woman could see more than he could right now.

It’s bound to hatch any day now. The baby inside has been moving more and more it’s just amazing, but I don’t know when it will actually hatch, hopefully soon.

He said, her hand was still on the egg, he’d had his hand underneath where the pouch was, it wasn’t that he didn’t trust her, with how careful she was being, he just worked extremely hard to get the egg and he’d have to wait another year before the eagles would breed again. Taking chances were for him, not an egg.
I tell you what, after it hatches I’ll make sure to come over and show you the chick, I’m not sure if I should travel while it’s doing the actual hatching.

Niro offered. He didn’t know where Ruri and Heath lived, but he was sure he’d find it, besides if he didn’t know where it was how would he bug heath who seemed so in tune with Niro and had helped him do something he had always wanted to do his entire life.

[/html]
[html]

She felt Niro tense when she touched his chest, so she had tried to find the egg as quickly as possible. She had been so excited to touch the egg that she had forgotten her manners momentarily. She didn't like being touched by new aquaintances. It only made sense that others were the same way, "Sorry about that, Niro. I got ahead of myself," she apologized, now with her soft hands on the egg. He explained that the egg was bound to hatch any day now and she couldn't help but grin in excitement for the male. This bird was going to be his companion, his hunting partner, and hew as going to raise it. It was an extraordinary task to undertake, at least in her mind, for she hadn't the slightest idea of how to raise, let alone train, birds.

His next offer made her smile even more. She would love to meet his chick when it was hatched. Of course, she didn't want Niro to feel any need to hurry whatsoever. The blind woman hoped that he would wait until the chick was older and stronger before even thinking of travelling with it. Though the Chien Hotel was not all that far from the cabin she shared with Heath, it was still a fair distance to be exposing a young animal to. Then again, Niro obviously knew what he was doing so it was likely that Ruri did not need to worry at all. "I'd like that very much, Niro. Whenever you feel that the chick is ready, feel free to bring it by for a visit." She had accepted his offer with the utmost gratitude and excitement. She looked forward to getting to meet the young eagle.

[/html]
[html]

WC 303

OOC:if you want we could end it with your post, possibly make one of him showing her since it's hatched already, that is if you want to ^^

He could see she felt bad about not telling him she was going to touch him, but he wasn’t mad or anything, it just gave him quite the surprise. It wasn’t like she meant to really do any harm to him, he wasn’t very use to the touches at all.

No it’s ok, just startled me a little, I understand

He said reassuringly, it was great to make someone feel so happy, and when he mentioned that he would visit her when the egg hatched she seemed so overjoyed. He was glad she was happy about it, and it made him happy to make someone else happy, other peoples happiness radiated off of him and he soaked it in like water to a sponge, that was his kind of happiness. To make other’s feel it.

Oh he’ll be travel ready as soon as he hatches, he just won’t be walking around or anything, not for a little while at least but if I don’t get caught up with too much stuff, I would gladly give you a visit, that way I can meet your cat as well… well as long as he doesn’t try to eat the bird of course

He chuckled at his little joke, he wwas sure that Ruri could keep her cat under control especially if he was living with a pair of wolves, he’d always heard cats didn’t like dogs of any type and he was proven wrong about most things he was being told.

Where is it you live again? I’m sort of familiar with the area mostly around here, the shores and the stables area.

he said, it would be best to know where she lived… or he’d be knocking on all the doors in the territory, and he really, really didn’t want to do that.

[/html]
[html]

Sure, we can end with this post. I'll go have it archived.

The blind Dauphine couldn't help but smile as Niro accepted her invitation. She knew that Heath would be fine with Niro visiting, since they had already met. Niro's joke about Soleil eating his bird was understandable, and she laughed in response, "I'll make sure he behaves himself. I don't think he has too much interest in birds, or at least he hasn't ever caught one and brought it inside. But you don't need to worry," Milky blue eyes tilted up towards the face of the budding falconer. She would make sure his visit was a good one, when the time came.

When Niro asked where their home was located, the blue merle collie paused for a moment, pondering how to give directions that someone with eyesight would understand. Being blind, she understood travel in a bit of a different way. "Head towards the stables from here and go just past Piratta Grotto. Heath and I live in a small cabin a short ways back from the shore. Oh, listen for the bells and windchimes!" She exclaimed, remembering one of the most notable characteristics of their home. Heath had hung those windchimes as a gift to her, before they were mates, so that she could always find her way home. Even from the porch of the hotel, if she listened really hard she could hear the chimes. Surely Niro would be able to find their home if he knew what to listen for. "The trees around our cabin have bells hanging in them, and we have a set of windchimes hanging from our porch. You'll probably hear them long before you get there," she replied, her soft hand slowly slipping away from the egg. She had been touching it the entire time she had been speaking. She would probably ask to touch it again before she left that day, but their conversation was just getting started. It would likely continue on for a few hours more, for the day was yet young.

[/html]