stop the bleeding before it starts
[html]

Set in Drifter Bay.

It wasn't healing right. Or maybe he was just doing something wrong. Most of what he had to treat before were straight-forward—cuts from blades, claw slashes. That was because he used to fight in Optime form more often, with other Luperci doing the same. He wasn't sure how to treat this, the shredded lacerations of a wolf-bite. Snake's knowledge of first aid was very, very limited. He knew to keep the wound clean and well-dressed and not strain it and eventually it got better. And that had worked most of the time, all other times except now. And it was starting to get on his nerves.

He couldn't stand to stay in Inferni anymore—it was beginning to irk him as well. There was nothing to keep him there for now; he surely had his loyalties, but he wasn't on call for the war anymore. He could wander as he wanted, so he drifted to Drifter Bay. He just needed to get out. There was something unsettled and chaotic in the Hydra now and he didn't know what it was and it was driving him crazy. Sometimes he thought that it was his lack of a place to go every night—his routine had been stolen with the fires in the landfill. He hated not having a place to go, almost as much as he hated sleeping on the Goddamn ground. He could go on about how badly his back hurt, but it didn't compare to his side. He was broken. He hated being broken. He only found contentedness in a few things, and health was one of them. Home was another. Needless to say he was not happy.

The Hydra paused in his walk down the jagged shoreline, realizing with a frown that the cigarette he had been smoking was done for. He tossed it into the waves, looking out across the bay. It was getting warmer steadily, but not quick enough—he hated the cold. Without much conscious thought he wandered towards the water, glancing down at the washing surf. His thoughts churned slowly as he watched it blankly, then a vague memory from far past. His mother saying something about salt water helping wounds heal. With customary frown impressed in place, Snake unwound the bandage from his torso and placing it in the surf. A critical green eye surveyed it before he set to trying to at least clean the cloth a little. Jesus, he hoped this thing healed right—it hurt like a bitch now in the misty rain.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... rrow-1.png); background-color:#bf0000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">Arrowwsssss
Found my faith, living in sin
I'm no Jesus but neither are you my friend
I'm on hope above the broken dreams
This simple answer is never what it seems

Daisuke had been getting out more and more, but still staying in at times, just to be with Schwarz, or to make some music, or meditate, or smoke weed really. He had been getting his hands on a few wild plants that had been budding already. The male got out and went to the beach today, figuring it was time for a swim. He hadn't swam since fall. He barely swam any more, though he had been fishing in the lakes that he lived around. He just barely swam just to swim, like he had when he had first gotten to Nova Scotia. It was quite sad, the changes that were happening in the male. Sooner or later, he'd probably find that he couldn't live alone any more and he needed to stick with a pack, to make himself a family member of a pack. He didn't know if he could do it. The challenge was one that he did not want to take.

The torn ear of his had been healed nicely by now, Daisuke's knowledge of medicinal things was limited, but he did know simple things for simple wounds so he wouldn't end up with an infection. Ear infections were things that he knew he didn't want so he took extra care of his ear while it was wounded, and now, here he was with a chunk of his ear missing, and fluff starting to fill in. He walked down the beach, looking around as he had walked with his guitar strung over his back as he walked along the beach. He also had his back pack on his side, since he wanted to put his pants and scarf away in the bag, and he also had his bowl and his marijuana in his bag as well.

His mismatched plaid pants had been given back to him quite some time by Strel, the butt having a buttoned latch thing going on there for his tail to go through. His scarf, he had found it in a department store in Halifax. This was tied around his neck, him snuggly warm under it when he decided to put his nose in it. Daisuke wore his pants as well, him walking along the beach until a scent hit him like a ton of bricks. Both audits fell back. Daisuke was excited and all of a sudden stressed out all at once. He looked to the water and there was the male, in the water. Daisuke looked at his friend, though not daring to look at the face of the male, and he started to walk towards his friend. If Snake would still be his friend.

Once he had approached close enough, Daisuke gave a nervous smile. Snake. It is good to see you. the male's voice was very calm, mellow, not holding that same loudness that he used to have. How have you been doing?

speech

[/html]
[html]

The lousy weather meant that Snake did not notice the wolf's approach until he was only a few dozen paces away. The coyote's attention turned to him slowly, his olive eyes catching the way that Daisuke treated him. He used to be so exuberant, but nearly killing someone who was apparently such a close friend did things to people—even those as sunny-natured as the golden wolf. Daisuke seemed incapable of looking him in the eye, keeping his eyes on the similarly-colored churning ocean. Snake returned his attention for the moment to his task, realizing that the bandage was as clean as it was going to get. He took it from the surf, wringing out excess water as he stood up straight. By that point Daisuke had come close enough to greet him.

Snake did not answer, remaining silent as he usually did when he was not totally sure on how to react accordingly. He pretended to be focusing on what he was doing—though he kept an ear turned toward Daisuke to catch what he had to say. He took the length of sea-soaked cloth and wrapped it around his torso again, his stoic face contorting slightly as the salt stung the angry wound. But he swiftly blocked the pain, dulling it to a nag in the back of his head. This was really nothing—Snake had had worse.

Now he fully faced Daisuke, his olive gaze resting unblinking on him—there was no apparent emotion within him, nothing except a quiet desolation. How had he been doing? This golden wolf would know that Snake had never softened the truth for someone's feelings. "No," he responded plainly, tying the bandage and gingerly placing the opposite hand on the place of the wound—pressure to hope that it would somehow encourage it to heal. "The war is over but things are still not at ease. I am hurt and my den is a charred wreck. Things have not been going well for a while." He did not really intend to incite pity—he just said things how they were. He would not treat pity well; he hated few things more. "How about you?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... rrow-1.png); background-color:#bf0000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">...
Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song, the death of a dream

Closer to the edge

Snake did not turn right away to Daisuke, in which Daisuke did not mind. He did have to stop himself from going up and wrapping his arms around the male's waist, putting his golden head on the sandy male's shoulder, and holding the male in a deep hug from behind. He didn't know if Snake would freeze up, or if he would immediately attack him, and in all honesty, Daisuke was afraid to touch Snake again. Once it was no issue. Now it was. The thing about it was that Daisuke wanted to touch Snake, to feel his soft fur against his own. He wanted to touch the male all over, and he wanted to look into the eyes of the slithering Snake that stood there in front of him. The golden dragon couldn't find himself to do so once more.

It took a minute for the male to actually turn around, him getting his bandages back on. Daisuke was surprised that it wasn't all healed yet. Daisuke bent an audit back as he saw the male turn around to him. His eyes immediately went from the back of his head to his chest, avoiding the eyes and face of the other. No the male spoke to him. Oceanic orbs threatened to rise to his beautiful olive eyes that the male wanted for himself. He always wanted those eyes on him, and he wanted those fingers to touch Daisuke. Daisuke let his eyes wander down the male's broad chest, his beautiful coyote body. The wolven licked his lips slowly, like he wanted something that he saw.

The war is over but things are still not at ease. I am hurt and my den is a charred wreck. Things have not been going well for a while. the other explained to him. Daisuke shook his head. If you called me, I would help build you a new home, Snakey. the male spoke to the other, audits on the other male. You know I would do anything for you, right? the golden male let the words fall from his maw, his head cocking to the male for a second. How about you? the other male went on to ask. I found my faith..living in sin.. the male spoke, his words holding a rhythm of sorts. He didn't give a straight answer. He couldn't find himself giving a straight answer. I missed you, Snake. the male spoke up, his eyes falling down to the sandy earth before he reclined onto his fours. He approached the male closer and put his head under the male's hand, in a way that wanted Snake to just pet through his golden fur, the rainbow spikes now faded and ready to be redyed. I felt sad without you. the male spoke, his words soft. Can I see the wounds? They should be healed up by now, you know.. the male spoke, as a matter of factly. Perhaps if Dai could see the wounds and where they were at, he could find some herbs to take care of them for his friend. Perhaps Dai could teach Snake the secrets of healing fast.

speech

[/html]
[html]

When Snake turned to face the wolf, Daisuke's gaze dropped like a stone, though leveling out somewhere at his scarred chest. Usually he would have regarded this as an act of deference and nothing more, but there was something that he perceived in the golden wolf's eyes that made him believe otherwise. Snake was not nearly as obstinate and ignorant as he had once been—he could tell that there was wanting in his friend, something that he only recently fully understood. It came with his eyes and it came with his expression, and in a flash of tongue across his lips—perhaps interpreted as nervous before but perceived much differently now. Snake was not sure how to handle this new intuition, keeping mostly quiet about it in general though he could feel the fur prickling along his spine.

He cast his olive gaze across the sea when Daisuke mentioned making a new den—something that the Hydra had definitely considered, but not found a savory idea. He supposed he was bitter. He wanted his old den back, he had grown fond of it. But that was impossible; he would have to move on eventually. Where could he possibly go? He was unable to sleep in the caves or the mansion; he hated enclosed spaces like that. And he had grown up in the city, so sleeping in a forest or in a cave seemed... a step backwards. He had liked his car, a perfect mix of human ingenuity and a connection to the great outdoors. Regardless, he did not respond to the pledge, though his stoic gaze flicked back to Daisuke when he continued to swear that he would do anything for him. That was a dangerous thing to promise to anyone. He continued to be silent, though he kept the thought in mind.

The coyote's gaze grew somewhat curious when the other man mentioned concepts such as faith and sin—things he had not really thought about since hearing his mother ramble about them under the crumbling buildings of New Haven. His mother had believed in things like that, powerful entities and destines and demons. Snake's beliefs were a little less extravagant. If there was a god, he either had a bad sense of humor or he no longer really cared for the world he had created. And sin was not an act to Snake—a way of being, opposite virtue. He usually found himself walking a middle road between these two paths, as most did. Some were different though, the saints and the demons. But apart from that, he had no idea how to interpret Daisuke's statement. With the fur along his neck prickling, he decided not to ask.

It didn't really surprise him that Daisuke had missed him, though it was strange to hear—he never really felt like he deserved to be missed. His demeanor was less than appealing; he would never understand Daisuke's fascination for him. But regardless the coyote became very still as the wolf crouched feral onto all fours, moving to where his head was placed under Snake's hand like a dog heeling at the command of its master. He did not do anything—he did not move his hand or say anything. He had been decidedly neutral so far, trying to figure out what to say. He didn't know yet.

Sad without him, really. Snake fatalistically thought that no one would really mourn his passing, but there was always the outlier to prove him wrong and make him feel guilty about such things. The coyote's stomach twisted at this sentiment, though the next was far easier to reply to. At first he was confused—how had Daisuke learned of his getting wounded in the fight with Dahlia de Mai?—and then he realized that the wolf might still think that they were from their last confrontation, the fight. Regardless he withdrew his hand from the wolf's head, unwinding the sea-laden bandage from his torso, face contorting in pain for a brief moment. He revealed the wound on his left side gingerly, frowning. They were obviously from a bite, each tooth visible as a violent laceration. It was not raw, but it was not looking well-healing. Snake sighed. "I usually treat knife and claw wounds—I don't really know what to do," he said; obvious, seeing as though he was resorting to treating his bandages with ocean water.

[/html]
[html]

wc
blah blah

Want to be God, the Devil, like me?

Daisuke was not a religious wolf, never would he worship something besides himself, the ocean, and his lover. His parents hadn't ever talked about a higher being, only having spoken to the ancestors that were in the stars that were watching him, and how Kisuke and Sathra themselves would one day be up in the stars watching Daisuke from above, like they were now. Watching over their golden son whom had left the home where he was born and he came here, to Nova Scotia and found out that there was a bigger world besides Zirenta and it's daughter islands. When Daisuke had spoken these words to Snake, they were analogies for something deeper than what they had sounded like. You see, they would sound to the untrained ear like he was talking about the higher god and whatnot, but in all reality, he was talking about how he found the faith in himself by living in the sin of what his body desired, what his mind wanted from his body, and what his body wanted from other people.

Daisuke felt the stiff hand on his head, it did not move, simply ignored the gesture. The hand was removed from the head of the golden brute and it went to the bandage around the wound. He unwrapped it. Daisuke watched the male's hands move around the bandages, working them off. Daisuke pushed his body out in front of the male, and he had gotten on his knees in front of the other brute. Daisuke and Snake had a height difference. Daisuke being pure wolf, and Snake being a pure Coyote, it was obvious the differences between the height, and really, everything about the two. Snake unraveled his left side, and Daisuke looked at it, shock apparent on his golden maw. He looked at the wound. My fuckin' god, Snake. the islander spoke to his friend. Who the fuck got you like this? the male asked, his fingers threatening to run over to the tender wound. I usually treat knife and claw wounds—I don't really know what to do the male spoke to him. Daisuke rose his gaze. His eyes threatened to land on the other's but it stopped at the necklace. The fucking necklace. I can help. My sister and my dad taught me a few things about bite wounds. You see, since we didn't have luperci on our island, we mainly treated bite wounds. Daisuke spoke to the male before he smiled lightly, and touched the male's stomach, fingers tracing over the abs that lined the male's toned body.

My father taught me young. Four months I started to learn small things, and by six months I was learning things about hunting, fighting. Father Died when I was four months, but Pachi was there to teach me. She was my big sister. I think you'd like her. She's not luperci though. She's just lupus. The male spoke to Snake, smiling the whole time, his voice happy, though still soft, and gentle. All you need is some Mint. I can dress that up for you if we can find some mint. the male spoke to the other, nodding his head lightly. Daisuke's fingers continued to rub on the male's stomach, his eyes falling back onto the male's abs and he looked at the slash that he had created. He sighed lightly before he lightly ran a finger over it. Sorry... he muttered, shaking his head to himself before he had moved his fingers away from the other male and he stood up. Wrap yourself up for now, and come with me. We'll take care of it for you. he spoke as he had motioned for his friend to follow him away from the ocean and towards where there would be herbs to harvest.

<style type="text/css">
.momentofsilence b {font-weight:bold; color:#b8504e; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.momentofsilenceooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fa8e5a; text-align:right;}
.momentofsilence p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.momentofsilence {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fff25a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ilence.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412635; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#412635; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hedonism was not something that Snake really understood—that was understandable, seeing as though his general emotionlessness included most pleasure. His life had been structured to be almost more monastical than anything, though it was disciplinary more than religious. Everything had been compromising to his purpose, and his purpose was to fight. Only recently had he attempted to shed this preconception, but part of him was waiting for the pain that would follow the lowered defense. It was not necessarily immediate; it had taken many meetings before his friendship with Daisuke had culminated in the scar that bisected his torso. But then again, part of him was disinclined to care at all. For someone who had gone without for most of his life, any pleasure was like a powerful drug.

When he moved to unwrap the bandages once more, Daisuke switched to where he could have a better look—though on his knees, the much taller lupine Luperci was only half a head from being at shoulder level with Snake. But after having observed the revealed wounds with his own disproving eye, he looked with some surprise to Daisuke's expression. Snake knew it was bad, but he hadn't really gotten any outside opinion before the golden wolf. His reaction made the coyote's stomach plummet a bit, and his frown deepen. "A Dahlian wolf," he growled in response, before adding somewhat defensively, "You should see him." While the white wolf had gotten him good, Snake could still feel the scrape of his canines against that wolf's shoulder-blade. Whatever he felt with this side wound, that wolf felt ten-fold. Snake was proud of himself—he was so much smaller, even in Secui form. Anyone would bet on the wolf, and the coyote would've won that bet.

What the wolf told him next was something that he had forgotten; this would be a stroke of luck, as Daisuke's non-Luperci youth had slipped his mind. His thoughts had turned optimistic when he froze up, the sensation of the wolf's fingertips across his stomach. He glanced down, though—as usual—he didn't do anything against it. Quite frankly, the feeling surprised him. Emotions were alien enough still that he didn't really have names for them, nor many precedents. He wasn't even really sure whether he liked it or not, with the fur along his spine prickling, and maybe that was what he was trying to figure out.

Meanwhile the wolf spoke about his family, things that Snake had never heard from him before. He didn't remember hearing that Daisuke's father was dead, or about his older sister. It was faintly intriguing, almost as much so as the use of mint to help heal his wounds. "Mint, huh," he repeated, somewhat absently, gaze focusing when he half-felt the wolf trace along the unfeeling scar tissue of the wound he had left so many weeks ago. The coyote gave a rough shrug at Daisuke's apologies, muttering, "What's done is done," as the golden wolf retracted his hand and stood up. He did as the wolf asked, re-wrapping the wound and rolling his aching shoulders as he went to follow. Snake had absolutely no clue when it came to natural medicine—his version of such was letting the wound heal itself. If Daisuke could track down some of this mint and use it to help him heal, though, that would certainly make his day that much better.

[/html]
[html]

wc
some pp to get them out of the beach and on the search for the mint, hope you don't mind.

A Dahlian wolf the male answered. It was obvious, the answer. Daisuke could have guessed, but let the other tell him, just in case there was something else. You should see him the male defended himself though. Daisuke's eyes threatened to look the other in the eye, but again, stopped on the necklace. Is he dead? the seriousness coming from the male's maw as something that Snake had heard at other times, so he would know that he was serious. Daisuke's voice almost became dangerous with these words. Daisuke's eye narrowed, and his own shackles started to raise before he had moved away from the other male to let him fix himself up. Mint, huh. the words were tossed to the ears of the golden wolf. Daisuke nodded his head lightly to his friend. There was a smile on his handsome face, a frown not able to be dominant on his face when he was around his friend. What's done is done. these words were also heard, thought they were muttered, they were still heard by the loner. They did not have a reply to follow. Daisuke let the conversation drop.

The golden brute had shaken out his body a little bit and he sniffed the air lightly. There wasn't any mint around here. The wolven walked on his fours, figuring that the lower he was to the ground, the better he'd be able to track down some herbs. Tail was raised high in the air as he scouted ahead like a bloodhound from it's master, tracking a rabbit on a summer afternoon. The golden brute wagged his tail was he trotted along the sand, which soon turned to grass, and then hard soil. A few times, he stopped and looked back at his friend. He didn't rush the male, simply because he knew that the other male was in pain. He knew that Snake could handle the pain, but he still didn't want the other to feel pressured to hurry and cause himself more pain than necessary.

Once Snake would come close enough for Daisuke to continue, he would. Their trip was mostly wordless, until, Daisuke caught onto a trail. He rose to his two legs when he caught the trail and he looked back at his friend. I found a scent of some. We should be getting close soon. the islander spoke to the yote. His hands fell back to the earth as he continued on, in front of his friend, keeping a eye on his friend, eyes never rising to meet the other's own. His guitar swaggered on his back, moving from side to side as he walked along, his nose sniffing hard for that scent.

It wasn't much longer until Daisuke smiled and snatched up the plant from the ground. He stood up again, and looked at his friend, eyes meeting the male's bandaged chest. Found some! Now come over here, and lay for me so I can get this wound dressed, love. the male let 'love' fall off of his lips, not entirely on purpose, but not entirely on accident.

<style type="text/css">
.momentofsilenceooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fa8e5a; text-align:right;}
.momentofsilence {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fff25a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ilence.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412635; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#412635; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He noticed now that the wolf was virtually unable to look him in the eye—it wasn't just convenience, he was sure. With the difference in height, he had to consciously make sure he was looking far enough down to focus on Snake's neck instead of his face. He didn't really understand this, but he could guess where it came from. Perhaps from guilt, or some kind of other emotion like that, from what had happened weeks ago. And while Snake was bitter right now, he was generally a creature that moved forward. Yesterday was history and tomorrow was a mystery—this was similar to what his philosophy was. But as for Daisuke's sudden focused interest on the health of Snake's past opponent, the coyote merely shrugged, though keen to the almost violent edge to the words. "I did not kill him—I usually won't, unless I am forced to. I gave him the opportunity and he ran. But he might be dead now, if he was careless." If infection had caught up with him, or anything else. Snake would not mourn his death; he had found no redeeming quality in the way that man fought.

Once they were on the hunt for mint, Snake tried to keep up as best as he could. He was mostly mobile, but he was not dumb enough to risk running or jogging. But Daisuke was aware of this—whenever he raced far enough ahead to become endangered of losing Snake behind, he would wait for the injured coyote to catch up. This seemed like a recurring theme with them; he had always been slower than the wolf, injuries or not. But this was how they continued until, at long last, Snake saw the golden wolf stand on two legs once more and signal him over. He came as swiftly as he could, nodding as the loner assured him of their proximity to the helpful herbs. And then he was off again, racing on all fours with his guitar strung across his back—interesting enough for Snake to watch as he followed.

Soon enough the wolf had stopped, picking the supposed mint from the ground. Snake arrived a few moments later, looking at the herb in his friend's claws and smelling the strange, unique scent. He listened to Daisuke's instructions without much reaction until the word 'love' did arise—Snake's ear twitched when he heard it, something not under his control, but otherwise he attempted to not pay it any mind. He did as he asked, though, unravelling the bandages for the umpteenth time before slowly lowering himself to the ground. It wasn't even as much his side that prevented this—the coyote was full of aches and pains from not having a secure den to sleep in every night. He grunted with discomfort as he lie on the damp ground, his back aching worse than anything. But then he was still—he had learned long ago to be a good patient when he had the luck of having a healer.

[/html]
[html]

wc

I did not kill him—I usually won't, unless I am forced to. I gave him the opportunity and he ran. But he might be dead now, if he was careless. Daisuke cocked his head to the male. There was nothing more to say he supposed, so he had simply nodded his head and continued along.

When they had found the mint, Daisuke had let the other male examine it for a minute. After I dress this wound, we can go ahead and hunt for some more, unless you want to rest a bit. Daisuke spoke to Snake, not minding if the male just wanted chill out somewhere. Daisuke actually would have wanted to go to the Sunflower fields. He had met Strel there, and they played tag there and wrestled and then talked and became friends. He would love to make memories with Snake there. Daisuke wagged his tail as he thought about where they could go and what adventures they could have. If the male wanted to.

Snake unwrapped himself and laid down in front of Daisuke. Dai had taken the leaves and slipped them within his maw, and he started to chew on the herb. He made sure to add just the right amount of saliva to the mixture. He was activating the healing properties by chewing on the herb before he took the paste within his hand. Daisuke looked over the male's body. He looked at the wound one last time, before he had put his paste covered hand over the bite. This is going to sting. If you feel the need, you can grab my arm and bite it or whatever to keep you sane. Daisuke spoke, warning and offering his arm to the male before he had went ahead and started to apply the paste to the wound. While he spread the paste on the male's body, he had kept his other arm very still, just in case Snake needed to grab onto him for any reason.

He had spread the paste on half of the wound before he needed to chew up some more. He took the stems and the rest of the leaves and started to chew on these for about a minute and a half before he had put the paste on his hand and again, spread the paste on the wound. He made sure that the entire wound was covered before Daisuke spread the rest of the mint onto the scar that he made. Your fur around the area might turn green for a little bit. Just make sure you wash, wash, wash. the male spoke to the other, letting him know what was in store for him. Uhm... the male spoke, thinking about what he needed to tell the other male. You need to dress it once a day. Twice if you get itchy and need to wash it off. Either that, or I could visit everyday and dress it for you if you want. the male spoke, again, offering whatever help he could.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was while he was getting to the ground that he heard Daisuke question about what they could do after the treatment was done—Snake was tired from all of this moving, so he replied, "I would like to rest, but you could find some more mint for later if you want." He had felt tired for the past few days—side effect of the wound perhaps, or more that he was just recovering sleep from what he had lost during the war. He hated to be a raincloud on Daisuke's parade (as Snake could guess from the wolf's wagging tail that he was getting fired up to go... somewhere), but the thought of getting up and walking again made his back hurt even more.

The coyote kept his olive eyes on the sky above as Daisuke made the poultice out of mint leaves, already focusing his mind. He knew where they were, the parts of his brain that would sense the pain from his side. He subjugated them, forcing them to be quiet. It was a skill that he had honed extensively, enough so that he scoffed slightly at Daisuke's forewarnings about the pain. He waved away the man's golden arm, knowing he wouldn't need it. His assertions were well-founded—as the wolf began to put the mixture onto the wound it did hurt, and pretty badly, but was nothing to the coyote. "I've been through much worse; it's nothing," he said sedately, his eyes foggy as he looked up at the sky. Part of him wanted to pull the bandanna over his eyes and take a nap, and then he remembered that he was in company.

He listened and logged away the instructions that the golden wolf gave him, but most of it seemed like superficial troubles that he would work around—and, if not, he surely had the advice. As for Daisuke coming to help him, Snake replied, "I can probably find the mint now, since I know what it smells like." He remembered how such comments usually deflated Daisuke's mood, so he added after a second's pause, "But I'll come and find you if I have any other questions."

The coyote half-tied the bandage around his torso while still lying down. Then he carefully pushed himself into a sitting position—he flinched at the sensation of his vertebrae popping as he did so. Once he was sitting comfortably he tied the bandage especially tight to keep the mint poultice against the wound, then he relaxed a little bit more. Out of habit he drew a cigarette from a box in his pocket, lighting it with a match (he had yet to find a working lighter) before looking at Daisuke out of the corner of one of his olive eyes. He gave a vague gesture, wondering if the wolf even smoked. Snake hadn't until a few months ago—now not doing so seemed outlandish.

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... remake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
©table code and image to jacoby

It was a thousand and one and a million to two
Time to go down in flames and I'm taking you
Closer to the edge

I would like to rest, but you could find some more mint for later if you want. Daisuke figured. The golden male was totally fine with laying out in the sun, and just chilling the whole day if that was what it took. We can rest. I can play music for you if we run out of things to talk about. the male spoke, shrugging lightly and holding a smile on his face. Dai tried not to be surprised that the other male was taking the stinging of the paste on the raw wound so well. I've been through much worse; it's nothing, the words fell from the desert Snake's maw. Tail wiggled lightly still as Daisuke worked on the task at hand. Good. Some of these puppies are such cry babies when it comes to things like this. the male comment lightly, a giggle coming from his chest.

I can probably find the mint now, since I know what it smells like. the male went on to speak. There was a small pause, enough of a pause for Daisuke to think about answering, but he didn't, he thought about the statement that the male had said and let a fang click against the ring on the corner of his lip. But I'll come and find you if I have any other questions. the male added on. Daisuke cocked his head. A compromise. Daisuke nodded his head. Okay. Daisuke spoke with a smile on his maw. His friend had moved around and gotten himself adjusted with his bandages. Daisuke watched the stiff movements of the other male. Snake... Can I...give you a massage? Daisuke asked, figuring that a massage would get those kinks out of his body. Snake offered Dai a cigarette, in which he did take. Though, instead of having to take a match, Daisuke had the convenience of a lighter. He had found a few of them in the airport that one day. Daisuke put the cigarette in his mouth and he took the lighter from his pocket and he lit the end of the stick, and inhaled the smoke briefly before letting it sink out of his mouth and nose.

Daisuke plopped down on his stomach beside the male, his elbows holding his chest from touching the ground. If we do need to move on, I could always carry you. I've done it before. the male spoke, blinking slowly as he took another puff from his stick and he let his eyes wander over to the male. Daisuke couldn't help but lick his lips. He was thinking about how much he wanted to touch those scars again before a random though hit his mind. He remember that the borders of Inferni had changed. Inferni has moved... What was up with that?

speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

"Okay," Snake agreed neutrally—he was not exactly enthusiastic about music (he wasn't really enthusiastic about anything), but he didn't mind listening to it. Melodies always reminded him of his mother, though, for some reason. Quite opposite of her son, she had been very musically-inclined; she had played cello before coming back to New Haven and being captured. She would sing or hum tunes sometimes to him, and he had always liked that. It was comforting in the chaos that was that crumbling city. So perhaps his neutrality was not correct in this situation—Snake did like music, even though he did not understand it and had no inclination to learn how to make it. But regardless he gave a grunt to Daisuke's comment on kids today. When growing up, Snake had thought everyone went through the same shit he had. But when he had escaped New Haven and had seen children being raised in kind, loving homes... That had been rough. He realized how bad (in some ways) he had had it. But then again, he was tough. Snake was a survivor, a fighter, and a rugged individual. He probably couldn't say the same for those other children. He had never hated New Haven—it had tortured him, but it had also tempered him and made him strong.

He couldn't tell if his adjusted statement on getting help had surprised or pleased Daisuke, but he imagined that it had. Better than nothing, of course. The blond coyote nodded his head to the other man's acquiesce. But throughout his getting to some kind of comfortable sitting position, his movement had not escaped the observation of the wolf. And though he was originally inclined to say no to a massage simply due to the fact that Snake didn't really like people touching him, something told him that it would make him feel better. Less tense, at least. So, after a thoughtful pause, he gave a short sigh and replied, "Sure, if you want." Daisuke accepted the cigarette from him and lit it with his own lighter, and so soon enough the two were both smoking quietly.

Or mostly quietly. The wolf settled down next to Snake, saying something about carrying Snake that made the coyote give him a venomous sideways glance. The idea of being carried like some invalid was one of the more repugnant that could be presented to the man—it was just a personal pride sort of thing. "Not unless I am dying," he said very dryly, drawing a lungful of smoke from the cigarette before taking it from his lips with a hand. He exhaled a silver cloud into the brisk shoreline winds, ear flicking as he heard the wolf ask about the borders changing. "Yeah. Remember when I told you about my den being gone? Well, some Dahlians came in to Inferni while we were in their territory. They burned the Landfill, and a good deal of the area around it. To compensate for the useless land, we moved further north. There's no real problem in it really, sans me having to find a new den." He frowned, placing the cigarette in the corner of his mouth again. He really didn't want to find a new one—foolishly and childishly so. But he knew he'd have to eventually.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ukedie.png); background-color:#a8a8a6; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">...

Closer to the edge

Okay the other had spoken to him. Daisuke took his guitar from his back and laid it on the floor beside him. He looked over at his friends' body, even though he wanted to look at the kid's face, he just couldn't. The eyes of the golden brute had wandered on the yote's chest, down his side, and then to his hips. His groin. Thighs, knees, shins, feet. Then they moved back up. He licked his lips again, slowly as if he was deep in thought. The wolven had smiled as he let his eyes travel all the way back up. Daisuke hadn't noticed the amount of time it took the other to answer him about the massage. Daisuke got lost in his thoughts for a moment as did the other male he figured. That was, it he was paying attention. Sure, if you want audits shot on the male instead of their relaxed position they were in before. Daisuke's tail wagged lightly and his face brightened up more. Where does it hurt? the male asked, his body scrambling back up and Daisuke moving towards the other male.

Not unless I am dying the male spoke about the whole offer to carry him around. Let's hope I get there before you get to that point. the golden male spoke to the sandy one. Though, Daisuke wouldn't mind taking care of his friend if he was ever wounded to where he didn't wake up for a few days, or whatever the circumstances. Daisuke was just kind enough to do so. He did so for Alaine, and he had done so for Snake before, and he definitely would do so again. Daisuke had the stick in his hand, and had almost forgotten about it. He looked down and remembered about it when he saw it, so he had taken a drag off of it, leaving it in his mouth for a second as he listened. Yeah. Remember when I told you about my den being gone? Well, some Dahlians came in to Inferni while we were in their territory. They burned the Landfill, and a good deal of the area around it. To compensate for the useless land, we moved further north. There's no real problem in it really, sans me having to find a new den.

Oh, well that's definitely a good reason to move. What were ya'll doing in Dahlia? curiosity got the better of the golden brute. He always did like war stories, so he was willing to listen to all kinds of stories from the Dahlia war from his friend. He took the stick in his hand again as he let the smoke sink from his lungs. What are these called again, Snake? the wolf asked the coyote. It was pretty stupid that he would smoke one, and not know what it was called. He just was so open-minded when it came to smoking and drinking and trying new things that if he was offered a bottle of poison that would instantly kill him, he'd probably take it without a second thought. What ignorance would do to a man.

Well, Anyways, you guys did leave a lot of good land. I'm thinking about moving my own den. So this could be a mini-new start for both of us.

speech

[/html]
[html]

Snake personally got caught up in the lull of his own thoughts, his olive eyes staring out across the ocean as he steadily smoked the cigarette down to nothing. He could sense Daisuke's eyes on him but he didn't really put much stock in it—why should he? He only glanced back when the wolf moved at his agreement to a massage, though his question gave him pause. "Uh," he said, trying to narrow it down from 'where it hurt' (which was practically everywhere) to 'where it hurt the worst'. "Shoulders. Back," he replied after a moment longer. He rotated his head and, after hearing the pops of his neck, he continued, "Neck."

The blond coyote gave a noncommittal grunt at Daisuke's reassurance about getting to him before he happened to be dying. Death was not something that was a far-away and frightening thing to Snake—he felt like he had been staring it in the eye for most of his life, so he had stopped really caring. Things that were out of his control he tended to do that to; let them go. He heard the question about why they were in Dahlian territory over the rush of the waves and replied, "Same thing they were doing, except to a lesser degree. Burned Haku out like an old devil and fought with a lot of wolves. That's where I got my wound. When we came back, we found that land destroyed. We didn't get Haku, either." From what he knew, the bastard was still lurking out there. Snake was far too defensively-minded to think about going out and getting him, but he knew that, if he dared come within a mile of Inferni territory, there would be blood spilled.

At the golden wolf's next question, Snake had to glance back to make sure what he was talking about. His green eyes fixed on the glowing cigarette between his fingers and replied, "Oh. Cigarette." Many had smoked in New Haven—he remembered Rex and Ray doing so, the embers visible in the shadows and the burning smell in the air. Patriot had preferred cigars, though. Tobacco had really been the only thing Snake had seen smoked in New Haven—Patriot had forbidden anything else. He did not want his soldiers addled in time of emergency, and he seemed to believe that tobacco improved their senses or something.

He glanced back at Daisuke momentarily at his initial comment—he had never really considered burned land good land, especially if you were living on it—but he didn't bring it into question. What was a little more puzzling was Daisuke saying that he was going to move his den as well. "Why are you moving?" he asked. But for a new start, it could be seen as that. To Snake, it felt like a reiteration. His life was broken into segments of war and peace, beginning with the chaos of New Haven then to the meandering travel with his parents to life in Inferni with the war and now this. It only meant that something disruptive was looming in the future, as inevitable as the setting of the sun. Snake was not pessimistic—he was realistic.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ukedie.png); background-color:#a8a8a6; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">...some pp, hope you don't mind.

Closer to the edge

Uh, Shoulders. Back..Neck the other male responded to his inquiry. Daisuke figured that he might as well start off with the male's neck and shoulders. Daisuke moved two where he was sitting behind the male. One leg was put on each side of the male's hips, and Daisuke slowly nudged the male to scoot back and get comfortable. I'll start with your neck. Take a few breaths, relax, and don't be stiff when I touch you. Daisuke whispered softly into the ear of the male in front of him. Daisuke took the cigarette and put it in his mouth as his fingers slithered onto the shoulders of his friend. They slithered from his shoulder to the base of his neck on each side. Daisuke pressed his fingers against the other male's neck, feeling around and massaging the male's muscular neck before he took the male by the cheek on each side and he pushed to one side, and then the other. It would result in a cracking of the neck, but it would relieve the tension that was built up there.

Same thing they were doing, except to a lesser degree. Burned Haku out like an old devil and fought with a lot of wolves. That's where I got my wound. When we came back, we found that land destroyed. We didn't get Haku, either. the male spoke on, telling the exceptionally short story that he had. He didn't tell stories well. Daisuke would just accept it though. Daisuke did like all the juicy details, but the monotony and simplicity of what his friend had to say was always intriguing to him. So does that mean that Haku is still alive? Or is he dead? Daisuke asked as his fingers went to the stick in his mouth and he took it from his mouth and ashed it in the grass to the side of them.

Oh. Cigarette. the male answered his other question. Daisuke let the smoke flood from his lungs as he let the cigarette hang in his mouth and his hands went back down to the other male's shoulders. His fingers moved in deep circles on the male's shoulders, feeling each and every muscle in the back of the male and massaging them. Daisuke's touches were firm, yet gentle, non-threatening. They taste different from this other stuff that you can smoke. he commented loosely shrugging his own shoulders as he worked on massaging the male in front of him. Why are you moving? Snake went on to ask. Daisuke chuckled lightly. Well...I like to wander. And I don't like staying in the same cave for too long, so it's just that time to move again. I scoped the land that you guys left behind, there's plenty of water, and if anything, I came make an underground den. the male spoke, shrugging his shoulders again, a smile still on his maw.

speech

[/html]
[html]

Having anyone behind him that close was almost torturous. His trained soldier's instincts were screaming at him to remove the problem—he was exposed, he was vulnerable. One stab in the back was all it took, and it had pretty much happened with Daisuke before. But Snake tried to calm these irrational fears, undermining them within himself as much as he could. The conflict was pretty easy to see; right off the bat he was doing opposite of what Daisuke had asked, tensing up with his internal struggle. It took every ounce of self-control to force himself to edge backwards just a little distance, to resist the screaming instincts that were as unavoidable as the reflex to swat at a fly. The man's familiar voice as an unseen whisper in his ear made an alien shiver run invisibly down his spine, but it wasn't like there was time to think about it—the moment Daisuke's fingers began to work at the warrior's nerve-knotted muscles, his reflexive soldier's instincts gave one last screech and then went quiet.

He had never really gotten a massage before, so he didn't know what to expect. Pain, probably—tension was caused by pain, therefore he would expect it would be released as such. But it was much more of a relief to find the knots being worked out, enough to make him have to place his elbows on his knees for support, so he wouldn't topple over. When the wolf took his head and cracked his neck, it took him by surprise and hurt a little, but afterward it felt normal for the first time in months. The coyote growled an, "Ugh," though with one rotation of his head he knew that it felt twenty times better than before. He gave a rattling sigh.

It was almost hard to focus on conversation, but he picked out the question about the status of Haku. "He's alive. Not in Dahlia, anymore—out and about. Watch out for him... He's big, usually in Secui form with chocolate-brown fur and blue eyes." It wouldn't surprise Snake if Daisuke happened to run into him while out there, and he would hope that his friend would be able to outrun the demon as Snake had once.

The warrior had taken his own cigarette in his hand and hadn't remembered it since the massage had begun. It was only when Daisuke commented on it that he brought it back to inhale. "Well, I don't know what else you're smoking," he said slowly, though he could only guess. "No, cigarettes don't really do as much to you as others would, though." He exhaled, a cloud of smoke flowing around his head as the wind brushed it backwards and inland. He listened sedately to the wolf's justification of his own moving. He considered how a nomadic wolf was generally atypical of the species, though Snake couldn't judge—a sedentary coyote was just as strange. But the loosening of his muscles also seemed to have loosened his tongue—the coyote continued conversationally, something that he rarely did, "I don't understand having a den underground, cave or otherwise. What if something happened and you got trapped under there—" He shuddered. Snake didn't fear many things, but one of the ones that he did (almost ironically) was a close-kept claustrophobia. He hated being underground or in small spaces, and he supposed that it came from living beneath the crumbling buildings of New Haven where collapses caused deaths often enough. "But yeah, I suppose if you want to move there you can. It'll take a while for it to recover from the fire."

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ukedie.png); background-color:#a8a8a6; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Closer to the edge

He's alive. Not in Dahlia, anymore—out and about. Watch out for him... He's big, usually in Secui form with chocolate-brown fur and blue eyes. Snake had spoken about the beast whom had caused this war between his friends. Chocolate, blue eyes. Daisuke would have to remember that. Another note would be the Secui form. Daisuke gave a crooked grin. I'll watch out for him. I definitely will be. the male spoke, his voice couldn't help but hold a certain air to them as they fell from his lips. Weither Daisuke would flee from the male, or fight was completely on the table. It depended on if Daisuke could not fight the beast effectively or not. Again, Daisuke's hand travelled up to his lips for the cigarette, taking it so he could exhale and then put it back in his mouth. He was over half of the cigarette by now, but he was going to smoke it to the end. Even if he was starting to get a headache from smoking this weird herb.

Daisuke let his hands rub against the male's shoulders. He slowly moved from the male's shoulders to the middle of his back. Well, I don't know what else you're smoking, the male started to speak, slowly. No, cigarettes don't really do as much to you as others would, though. the male continued. Daisuke cocked his head. If not for the altered state of mind, then why were you smoking it? Daisuke let this go. He wasn't going to get into it. Lolita called it Mary-Jane. But she also called it Marijuana. the male spoke, informing him of what Lolita called it. The woman who introduced him to the herb.

I don't understand having a den underground, cave or otherwise. What if something happened and you got trapped under there— the male had spoken to him. Daisuke giggled lightly as the male shuddered underneath his fingers. I've lived in caves and underground all of my life. It's hard to be afraid when you've grown up like that. If you dig a den at the base of a tree, then you have a good, stable place. You know, unless there's a hurricane or something that is going to rip the tree from underground. the male spoke to the other. Though in most natural disasters, no place is really safer than another. You just need to hope that the place you pick is the best you could get. the male spoke, shrugging lightly, though there was still a smile on his maw, and he worked on his friend's back now. His fingers ran down his spine.

But yeah, I suppose if you want to move there you can. It'll take a while for it to recover from the fire. Snake went on. Want to help me move when you get better? I mean, I could do it myself, but it's always more fun with company, plus it'd be faster to carry stuff. the male spoke, wondering if the male would want to help or not. If you don't want to, then you don't have to. It's just an excuse to spend some time with you, I guess. he quickly added on, his tone lighthearted still as he had pushed the male more forward so his spine would curve a little bit. I'm going to rub my elbows on your back. If I do it too hard, tell me. If I hit a sensitive spot, tell me. the male explained to the other before he had gone ahead and pushed his right elbow against the male's inner right shoulder blade; more towards his spine, his arm moving in a circular motion firmly pressing against his back, working out the knots. Later, he would go back in with his fingers and work "in detail", for lack of better words.

speech

[/html]
[html]

He didn't like what he heard in Daisuke's tone—a kind of eagerness that he never liked to hear when it came to war, to fighting. He had been trained so exclusively that anything like this seemed naive and foolish. You fought when it was necessary—looking for fights was simply endangering your own life, practically akin to suicide. A waste of a life and a waste of a soldier. That was how Snake had been taught, to be the shield and not the sword. And so Snake gave his friend a quick glance with his olive eyes before returning his gaze to the front, unable to hold the emotion with the liberating feeling of his muscles getting worked on. He could feel it transition from his shoulders to his back, definitely where it was the worst. He grunted at the wolf's reply on the other drug that he smoked, something called marijuana or Mary-Jane or something. Snake had heard the name before, and it sent up a red flag. "Yeah, but I can't use anything like that. I have to be ready to fight," he said, though he didn't really feel like he was missing much. His mind wasn't really a place he would want to escape into.

And no matter what he said, Snake couldn't consider any place underground. The thought was virtually repugnant. But he said, "I guess," as a white flag, not wanting to argue. He thought that building dens under trees and such was a little behind them now—with their biped forms, they could colonize new areas of Earth that they hadn't before. Why stay where the wolves of old had when they could move into cities? Even though Snake hated the thought of living in buildings. That was why he had loved that goddamn car so much—wouldn't fall apart on him, he could sleep on the roof in good nights, it was mostly weatherproof. He gave a sigh.

As for helping Daisuke when he moved, that was something that Snake didn't have to think twice on. He would usually do what others asked of him, as long as he didn't have a conflict of morals or obligations. "Sure, I'll help," he replied, breathing out smoke and glancing at his cigarette. It was spent, the flame burning towards the orange filter. The coyote frowned and stubbed it out in the dirt. He straightened up slightly as Daisuke guided him, murmuring a, "Yeah," when he gave his directions. And sure, the wolf's elbow against the tense muscles of his back hurt, but he could block it easily. Plus, he knew it would feel better later. As a small stint of silence stretched Snake's face grew impassive as he considered what Daisuke had talked about in the vein of him helping move. Usually he would keep such a thought to himself, but Snake's words were not as guarded as they once were—so many of those barriers had been broken as of late. "I still don't know why you want to spend time with me at all," he grumbled in a low voice. He didn't have a low esteem for himself, he had a realistic vision. He was a broken individual who had problems with social interaction—he was amazed anyone put up with him at all.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ukedie.png); background-color:#a8a8a6; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Closer to the edge

Yeah, but I can't use anything like that. I have to be ready to fight Daisuke cocked his head at this. He chuckled lightly. Well, if we both were high then neither of us would need to fight each other. Daisuke joked, the joke relating back into the fight that they had weeks ago. It was a dark joke in some sense, but Daisuke still was grim about what he had done. If you ever want to smoke with me, we can just relax somewhere. Somewhere where both you and I can feel safe. Okay? Daisuke always offered Snake an idea. Daisuke had millions of them. Daisuke would probably offer a million things to Snake. Possibly even more. I guess the child said about the whole living underground. Daisuke smiled and giggled lightly. There was that little white flag that was coming up, Daisuke could see it already. You're adorable, Snake. the random words fell from the golden brute's maw. Daisuke had moved his elbows down the male's spine, to about midback, just under his 'wings'.

Sure, I'll help, the male answered. Daisuke was glad, and he paused for a second, resisting the urge to just hug the male and snuggle him for a bit. Thanks. the male responded, nodding his head and then continuing his actions. I still don't know why you want to spend time with me at all the mumble was loud enough for him to hear, and Daisuke chuckled softly as he then decided it was an appropriate time to wrap his arms around his waist. He wiggled his hands around the kid's upper chest, avoiding that nasty bite that was on that left side. Daisuke rested his head on the male's shoulder and he held a smile on his maw. I happen to find you...very interesting.. the male whispered into the ear of the other. And truth be told, you are a very handsome young coyote. the male spoke as he let go of the male, figuring the kid would get frustrated and angry if he prolonged the touch. Instead, he had gone back to massaging the male's back. He rubbed his elbows on the lower back for a minute flat before he had switched to detail mode.

Fingers traced every muscle, massaged out every knot that he found under his fingers. He grew silent for a minute as he continued to work on the male's back. His voice had started to hum rhythmically as he worked on and on. He actually was enjoying himself, being able to do a favor for his friend. He was content here, in this moment. He would always feel content in this moment.

speech

[/html]