stop the bleeding before it starts
[html]

Snake didn't find much humor in the dark joke—he didn't really have much of a sense of humor, much less one that could find any humor in fighting. "Maybe," he sighed to the wolf's suggestion, though he knew that he had misunderstood. Snake had to be constantly ready not to fight for himself, but for his clan. The Hydras were truly meant to be the defense of the leadership, so he would have to be ready to rush to Gabriel's or Kaena's aid the second that they needed him. It was still very possible; what if Haku Soul came to Inferni personally, or something just as dangerous? Snake would never forgive himself if they had needed his help and he was not on clan lands, instead somewhere with Daisuke with drugs in his system. No, his life was his duty, and that was fighting and defense. Snake took it very seriously.

As for being called 'adorable', Snake didn't really appreciate it. He usually didn't shirk compliments, but he did not really want to be known as 'cute', 'adorable', 'precious', or any synonym—what man did? But he let it slide without comment this once, as Daisuke massaged the tension out of his back. He might have to have a stern word about how to regard another man later, though.

The coyote regretted his wandering words the second he sensed the motion behind him and then before he could say or do anything about it, the wolf's arms were threaded under his own and wrapped around his torso. A terrifying moment of claustrophobia gripped him, then paranoia, and then the terror was gone, though supplanted with nervousness. He could sense that the wolf had placed his head on his shoulder as well, seeing as though he could hear his whispered words in his ear. They once again sent shivers down his spine, though this time of a different nature. One word stuck out in particular—interesting. Mostly because weeks ago someone had said something exactly the same to him, and he knew full well what that had meant in the end. The memory brought a sudden flash of warmth to his face, then it cooled greatly as he considered else. Handsome—had she used that word as well? Maybe not aloud, but certainly implied, as he probably had as well. He felt distant and withdrawn as he considered this, and Daisuke returned his arms and went back to work massaging his back.

He was silent for a long while as he realized that he could no longer disillusion himself, now assuming Daisuke's thoughts and feelings and finding that it made far more sense than any other reason. He didn't know what to do about it, not knowing enough of his own emotions to discern what they meant. He distantly noticed the wolf's humming, and much more closely noticed the miracle that his fingers worked on his aching back. Snake was silent for a long while and then he had to say, almost begrudgingly, "You are good at this." After all the stress of the war, he had almost forgotten how it felt to be relaxed at all.

[/html]
[html]

wc
blah blah

Want to be God, the Devil, like me?

Maybe the yote responded. Daisuke chuckled lightly. He had heard the sigh in the yote's tongue. Daisuke chuckled because he thought that the sigh was cute. Daisuke shook his head lightly. I was kidding Snake. It was a joke. the male spoke on, explaining himself and smiling at the back of his friend's head. You're so serious all the time. the male spoke to the other, Daisuke not being to help himself as he gave the other male a small nip on the base of his neck. In the embracing hug that Daisuke had given to his friend, he could feel the sudden tenseness of the body as those natural walls worked on rebuilding themselves. Daisuke almost didn't like the feeling of tenseness under the warm embrace. Could Snake still be scared of Daisuke? No, Snake was always tense when he got a hug. What was Daisuke even thinking? Maybe he was just getting ahead of himself. Like always. Daisuke pushed the doubt from his mind as he returned to work and humming.

He hummed the tune that he had made for Snake a while back. Fingers working the knots out of his back, all while avoiding the male's injured side as he had done so, to not cause any inflammation of the area, or any irritation. Daisuke had noticed that the male had fallen silent. It was probably because of something that Daisuke said. Daisuke often wouldn't control what positive things fell from his maw, sometimes the darker things would slip through, but my point is, he often didn't hold back his words unless he knew that they were degrading. Sometimes some of the mean things he'd say, he wouldn't understand that it was mean or think that it was a totally nice thing to say. He was weird.

You are good at this. there were words that were dropped from the other's maw. Daisuke had been staring to intensely into the back of the male, paying such close attention to what he was doing that he had forgotten that Snake was even a person, that he could talk, walk, breathe, think..even fuck. Huh? the word fell from the golden brute's mouth, just the normal reaction time, but the words did not register in the islander's mind until after he had said "huh". Oh, I'm glad you think so Snake. I've been practicing on Schwarz, and I've massaged a few ladies too.. the gentle touching of massaging and just touching in general had started with Svara. It spread like a fucking wildfire to where Daisuke was touching everyone. Few let him go far enough for a massage. The ones who got a massage also got much, much more. Now, in this situation, Daisuke did have the intentions, but now it was just down to how courageous he was to continue. Well that, and the acceptance of the other.

Daisuke smiled lightly as he continued. He moved down to the base of the male's tail, and he moved up from there, his fingers moving in small circles. Daisuke took a break for a second as he realized that the cigarette had been spend and he took it from his mouth and mimicked the action of the other male when his was spend. His hands went back on the male and they continued to work on it. Daisuke let a fang click against the metal of his right lip ring as he worked a little bit harder on the male's back, finding a spot that didn't want to work with him easily. You could use a break from it all Snakey. You really deserve it. the male muttered, his eyes focused on the spot that his hands were working at.

<style type="text/css">
.momentofsilence b {font-weight:bold; color:#b8504e; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.momentofsilenceooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fa8e5a; text-align:right;}
.momentofsilence p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.momentofsilence {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fff25a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ilence.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412635; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#412635; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He merely grumbled at the assurance that it was just a joke—it didn't really work with Snake. As Daisuke himself said next, he was serious all the time. The coyote had never really developed much of a sense of humor in his lifetime, which was one of the reasons why many found his company painfully boring. But he was fairly certain that a sense of humor had nothing to contribute to warfare and fighting, so that was why he had stripped himself of anything like that so many months ago. His ear flicked at the wolf's nip to the back of his neck, his mind not nearly as accepting to something that could be interpreted as aggressive—for a second he grew even more tense than the hug had left him. But then it was gone as he tried to calm his own mind, trying to convince it that there was no danger here. He had thought that for a while in Daisuke's presence, but then again he had a scar to prove that it wasn't true. Snake frowned as he realized the holes in his own logic.

It appeared that he had stirred Daisuke from some kind of trance with his comment, and Snake wondered why he said it at all—he was not usually someone that would interrupt a silence with a comment that didn't really hold much meaning. Regardless, it took him a second to remember who Schwartz was (and then he remembered it was the cat they found in Halifax) and after that second he considered with vague amusement the fact that Daisuke had been massaging the ladies. Snake was a little less thick as he used to be, so he gave a chuckle or two and said, "A few, huh? You must've been busy." But as usual he kept news about himself locked away and, in this case, he was not sure he would talk if asked. Usually Snake did not keep any secrets—there was nothing in his life worth doing so—but things like that seemed a little more personal, especially to be spoken of impersonally.

The coyote's face contorted slightly as the wolf found an especially convoluted muscle in his back, the massage turning rather painful in this case but he accepted that it was for the best. At least, that was what he kept telling himself. He listened to what Daisuke said about taking a break and didn't reply at first, considering. Finally he said with a sigh, "A break from what? The war is over, and I think it's more nerve-wracking without it." Now he didn't know what to keep his mind focused on, and he felt without purpose once more. He shook his head.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... rrow-1.png); background-color:#bf0000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">Sorry for the wait.
You're the reason I can't control myself.

A few, huh? You must've been busy. the male asked him. Daisuke giggled lightly. No, not really. These were at least a month or two back. the male spoke, his right hand leaving the male's back and waving to the side, a motion that had accompanied the words he had spoken. His hands went back onto the male immediately after he had finished speaking though, fingers still working out the knots in the male's back. Tongue ran over his lips, fangs, as he had played with the knots in the male's back. It was then he realized how...soft the male's fur was. The way his fingers felt against the male's fur was something that he did like, for he felt like he could snuggle into the male's fur and just fall asleep. Daisuke had the urge to just push the male over and do it. Daisuke knew in that back of his mind that Snake would not appreciate it. At all. The question now was, would Daisuke follow what he wanted to do, or would he just let this one go? Daisuke wanted to be affectionate. He wanted to show the male what he wanted from him, and he wanted Snake to be happy.

A break from what? The war is over, and I think it's more nerve-wracking without it. it took the male a minute to say anything about that comment that Daisuke had mumbles earlier. Daisuke hadn't realized that he had spoken it out loud, so when he answered, Daisuke's broken audit fell back for a second, while the other was high on his head. He cocked his head for a quick moment before he shook his head and actually processed what the male was talking about. From yourself. the male let the words naturally fall from his lips. He didn't think about it, at least not to an extent to where he would be able to explain what he meant by it, so if Snake asked "what does that mean?" then Daisuke would have to actually sit there for an extra few minutes to decide the right words for what he was trying to say.

You liked the war then? the male went on to ask, noting that the man had told him that he felt more nervous because it was over than when it was around. Daisuke and Snake were complete opposites. Was this the reason Daisuke wanted Snake? Because he was so...different? You're so confusing, you know this? the male asked the other, a smile never falling from his face. Daisuke felt the final knots in the male's back become worked out and and with that last pop of that knot, Daisuke felt the male's back be perfectly worked out. I love it..the male muttered. Daisuke leaned back and smiled. All done. Daisuke spoke, before he had slithered his way back in front of the other male. Daisuke looked at the necklace that was around the male's neck, and he couldn't help but reach out and grab the shell that hung on the neck of the male. Daisuke let his hand wander from the shell to the knotted string that was holding it in place. Daisuke was checking to see how strong the twine still was. Between the bathing and the raining and the just every day wear and tear, the necklace seemed to still be sturdy. Has anyone gone after it? blue orbs actually looked up, and met the olive gaze of the other. He froze there too. Like he was shocked that those eyes were that color or something. He swallowed hard before he shook his head lightly and lowered his gaze again.

speech

[/html]
[html]

"Oh," Snake replied lamely, unsure of what to bring out of them being 'a month or two back' but eventually just giving up. There were few things that Snake would not actively answer when asked—things like that were one of those few things. That just meant that he would rather not pry into other's personal lives as well; quite frankly, it seemed wrong to infringe on anyway. And this was all probably why it was best that Daisuke kept from jumping Snake—that, and that he might think it was another attack and defend himself. And breaking one of the golden wolf's arms would probably put another stake in their friendship.

And he was right to believe that Snake wouldn't believe what he said about taking a break from himself. The coyote was far too literal—he was too busy thinking that it was impossible to take a break from oneself (unless they died, or something) to say anything. But he supposed that he was on vacation from his true nature; the nature of a soldier which had come out more fiercely during the war. The stoic discipline, the single-minded focus. That had all been exhausting, but it was nice to have a defined purpose once more. Since survival was not a question mark here in Inferni, Snake often found he had little else to do. War was something to do, but it certainly made survival difficult as well.

So when it came to Daisuke's question of him enjoying the war, he would have to contradict what the wolf would assume, "No, I didn't." He paused, feeling how much better his damn back felt before continuing, "Fighting is my vocation, not my hobby; I don't necessarily enjoy it." He was nervous without it because he didn't have anything to focus on anymore, and that pent-up energy apparently stored itself as a sore back.

Confusing? Snake didn't think so—he thought that he was one of the only people around here that made sense; everyone else was confusing to him. He could say so, but he didn't see any point—just as he didn't see much point to make any comment on the fact that Daisuke apparently loved that about him. For some reason the golden wolf was always like that, usually taking what everyone else would say or do and turning it on its head. But luckily enough he was able to skimp out on replying as Daisuke announced that he was done. While the golden-furred man was moving to where he was in front of Snake, the coyote stretched, grunting in surprise as his back didn't pop and his muscles actually complied rather than protest. "Goddamn," he cursed, though in a positive, almost disbelieving way. "Thanks—I feel great." After rolling his shoulders, he froze up slightly as he saw Daisuke's hand reach out to grab the seashell necklace that he had put on Snake the first time that they had met. Alarm bells went off in the coyote's head as he realized that it felt something like a noose or a leash or something as he tested the strength of the twine, but he forced himself to calm down and wait to see what the other man had to say about it. His question was pretty understandable, though. "No," he answered; no one had, and that was why it was still on him—if Snake thought it a liability, he would not wear it anymore. But then he would have to face Daisuke's teary-eyed wrath if he did, which was another reason why the twine was unbroken around his neck.

It was when Daisuke gave the tentative look at Snake's olive eyes that he noticed that there was something up with the wolf—or, at least, he realized it enough for it to actually register in his thoughts. "What's wrong," he said, not really asking—almost concerned, but a demand as well. If it went back to Daisuke having wounded Snake, the coyote was over it; he lived in the present, not dwelling in the past. Then again, it could be something else entirely. Snake only ever had half a clue.

[/html]
[html]
OOC:

Oh, like Snake, Daisuke wouldn't go into too many details when he was talking about relationships with people. He would barely talk about it, though he would let people know that he had been with more than one woman (since he had) and even with a male. Being with that male was what gave him ideas of how to please his friend that sat in front of him now. No, I didn't. Fighting is my vocation, not my hobby; I don't necessarily enjoy it. the male had spoken to Daisuke. The golden brute wasn't happy with the response, his bottom lip being grazed with his fangs. He clicked his teeth against the rings on his bottom lip. He tried to find a response. Then why do you feel more stressed with it gone than with it here? the male asked, his torn audit pulled towards the male, and his head cocking lightly.

When Dai had finished with the male's back, the other had twisted and turned and stretched to see how well he had done. Goddamn, Thanks—I feel great. Snake thanked Dai, and Dai held a smile on his maw and he nodded his head. Anytime Snakey. It'd be my pleasure to help ya' any time. he spoke, his tail wagging lightly as he spoke to his friend. Daisuke's fingers played with the shell around the male's neck again, his fingers brushing over the smooth surface of the shell as he had looked at it, almost getting lost in the patterns on the outside of the shell before his friend had went on to answer his question about anyone grabbing at it, or going after it. It was pretty surprising that in a fight, no one attempted to grab at it because it was almost logical for him that the offender would want to get an easy grab at one's neck to get control. Once Snake said the simple "No", it was slightly confusing to him, but not enough for him to cock his head again. That's good. I'm glad it hasn't gotten in the way. he ended up saying, nodding his head and a big stupid Daisuke grin on his face.

When Daisuke had looked into his friends' eyes, and he had froze up all of a sudden, it took a moment for his friend to say something. It wasn't until Daisuke was shaking his head when Snake had said something. What's wrong the words were heard, and Daisuke rose his gaze again. Daisuke could feel the demanding, yet concerned feel of the question. Daisuke was almost confused by the mixed emotion and his brows furrowed lightly as he looked into the olive eyes of his partner. ..I just... the male started, his bottom lip puckering lightly. I forgot how beautiful your eyes were.. How much i love looking at them... he finally spoke, his eyes again, moving down to his hands that were withdrawn from the other male's neck and now on his knees.

[/html]
[html]

The question seemed to upset Snake—he reached around behind his head, pulling at the longer fur there (which he needed to cut, before he started to look like he had a mullet) in a bit of an anxious habit. Such habits that he had never had before coming here; this place was changing him more than he would usually care to admit. "I really don't know," he said in a low tone. "I don't really like fighting—though I've accepted it, I don't really like the chance of dying. But without it, I get really anxious. The war may be over, but I feel like I need to do something, and there's nothing." His voice rose slightly, but by the end of his words it was down to where it had started—gruffly quiet and monotone.

He took a deep breath, nodding to acknowledge that he always had a masseur in the back pocket if needed. And then he focused on keeping his breathing measured, something in the back of his head not pleased with the feeling of being held by the neck as Daisuke now did with the shell of his necklace. But after a while the golden wolf relinquished it, and Snake relaxed somewhat. Regardless, he knew that the twine would not much get in the way. When Snake shifted to four-legged forms to fight (and especially his Secui form, which he used for the battle), it transformed from a necklace into a choker, disappearing into his thicker fur. One might have to search for it, and Snake kept his neck jealously guarded while fighting anyway. That's why it was his side that was hurt, and why he was not dead right now.

He waited patiently for the answer to his demanding question, his brow furrowing somewhat when the words escaped from Daisuke's pierced lips. As he often didn't, Snake did not know what to say. He had never considered his eyes like that—they were his parents', as both of them had the same hue. But Snake had never liked his eyes personally, for he remembered his parents too well. The light that danced in his father's when he was sitting by the fire, playing the banjo while intermittently sipping from some type of bottle. The fire that he had seen in his mother's as she had confronted Patriot, and also the glimmer of tears and of laughter. Snake had their eyes glazed over with stoicism—he was a mockery of them. Generally the comment made him feel strange, his frown fixating on his face as he cast his own gaze down, growling a neutral, "Uh-huh."

<style>
.snake b {font-weight:bold; color:#800000; }
.snake .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.snake p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#000000}
.snake {margin:0 auto; width:311px; background-color:#FCDDC1; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... CDDC12.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 175px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:

I really don't know voice was low. Daisuke cocked his ears on the male. He drew in closer, like a child listening to a story and really getting into said story. Daisuke's eyes longed for something else though. Some form of touch to happen. He watched the other male, oceanic orbs finally finding themselves back on those olive ones that matched the color of the moss that grew on the trees, rocks. Daisuke's fur rose slightly, prickling as he sat in front of the other male. I don't really like fighting—though I've accepted it, I don't really like the chance of dying. But without it, I get really anxious. The war may be over, but I feel like I need to do something, and there's nothing. the male continued on. What is your passion, Snake? What do you like enjoy more than anything else? Daisuke asked, his oceanic orbs locked on the other's yet again. He had found it slightly easier now. He was glad that he was able to look into the other's eyes. It had taken a few months to even go to the other male, he didn't think that he'd be cured completely of being able to look at the male's eyes.

When the other had looked down at his comment, Daisuke's torn audit fell back. For some reason, he felt it throb lightly, as if it was punishing him for saying the wrong thing. uh-huh the gruff sound came from the other's throat. Daisuke looked down again. His audits fell flat on his head, a saddened look passing his face for a moment. I'm sorry. he apologized rather quickly. What was he apologizing for? He didn't know. He just thought that he had said the wrong thing at the wrong moment perhaps. Daisuke let out a sigh before he had rolled over onto his back. He had placed himself right in front of the male, and he laid his head in the other male's lap, and he looked up at him from his position. Daisuke then reached up and he touched the long fabric that was hanging from his friends' head. He twirled it lightly between his fingers as he rested his eyes on his friends' cream colored chin. From this angle, the male was even more beautiful. Daisuke almost whimpered. Why was he so scared to touch his friend? He was able to touch everyone else, but when it came down to Snake, his balls shriveled up and disappeared and his consciousness of himself and his actions kicked in. Why?

I never asked about this. Was this a gift like my necklace? the male asked about the head band, a gentle tone on his tongue, being a tone of curiosity.

[/html]
[html]

Daisuke was already past the usual barrier that Snake kept around himself, the buffer zone he kept between himself and others in order to protect himself. He was not as strict as he used to be with it, and for many reasons, but it still made him nervous. You did not break habits grown over months with a few weeks, and this was a fiercely-ingrained habit. Still, the coyote met the wolf's blue gaze levelly, almost imagining it a competition—and no one beat him in a staring contest. But Daisuke's next question forced his gaze away, in some kind of idiot flash of embarrassment, suddenly glancing out toward the wasteland and the ocean. Snake had been fashioned into a perfect soldier, one not side-tracked with such things, devoid of emotion and pain and pleasure. But, of course, his training had been broken recently, but he did not find himself at liberty to speak of such things. In the end, after a long pause, he shook his head. He finally reassigned his gaze to Daisuke's, frowning and saying, "Nothing."

It was... partially true.

Snake's gaze sharpened slightly at the golden wolf's apology—he had not intended to incite such a reaction when it came to his eyes. "You don't have to apologize," he half-growled, as whatever impression he had given was not caused by Daisuke. And then, quite without any cause and without Snake anticipating it, Daisuke flipped around onto his back and placed his head into Snake's lap—the coyote almost jumped, but barely managed not to do that. He glanced down at first, then sending his green gaze toward the horizon. The fur along his spine prickled uncomfortably, and he wasn't exactly sure what to do. He was on the verge of a mind-lock when he realized that Daisuke had one of the tails of his bandanna between his fingers, asking a question about it. Snake cleared his throat—despite the sudden change of position, no one had ever asked about his headwear before. It was strange to talk about—almost sentimental, but not exactly...

"My mother gave it to me," he answered, his usually-lifeless voice animating somewhat; he was surprised to hear it. Snake did not have many warm feelings for Nikita Eirisa (for she didn't have many for him), but he heard something there now. "She used to wear it every day, but a few weeks before I left she just... gave it to me. Said that she didn't need it anymore, that it'd look better on me." It had seemed offhanded then, but now he second-guessed his mother's motives. Had she been passing a legacy to her favored son, or just passing off old junk? He shook his head. "I'm not really sure why I wear it." It was habit, just like how he still had the seashell necklace around his neck.

<style>
.snake .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.snake {margin:0 auto; width:311px; background-color:#FCDDC1; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... CDDC12.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 175px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Here

Nothing. the simple word confused the shit out of Daisuke. But he smiled anyways. Maybe I'm supposed to help you with that. the golden brute spoke up to the male. Daisuke's tail wagged lightly. We can do everything until you find something that you really really like, okay? the male spoke, looking up into the eyes of his friend. Both audits were pulled towards the male, and a silly Daisuke grin was on his face. You don't have to apologize the male gruffly said. Daisuke shook his head. Sometimes, I do. the male simply said, his shoulders shrugging lightly. Daisuke twirled the tail of the bandanna in his hand. He was smiling as he looked at the green of the bandanna. Daisuke had found that sometimes, he did walk out of line when he was talking to someone, and sometimes, he just couldn't help it. It was lucky if he caught himself to where he would apologize.

My mother gave it to me, She used to wear it every day, but a few weeks before I left she just... gave it to me. Said that she didn't need it anymore, that it'd look better on me. the male spoke, telling Daisuke most exactly what he wanted to hear. It was a gift. Dai twirled the tail in his hand still. Fangs were pressed against the pierced bottom lip of his as he listened to his friend. I wish momma had something that she gave to me. Your mom loved getting you things, huh? I mean, she gave you that knife too, right? the male spoke, not really thinking about what he said as he looked at the bandanna, for a moment he stopped twirling the tail and he looked at the male's chin. I'm not really sure why I wear it. the male went on. Daisuke cocked his head. It's nice that you wear it. Mom would be proud. the male spoke, nodding his head lightly and smiling up at Daisuke.

Daisuke moved his head to be a little bit more comfortable before he cocked his head lightly. Snakey... the male spoke the male's name, and paused for a second. He blinked, and his eyes moved off of the male for a second. When he continued, he looked back at the other male. Can you... he paused again, his tail wagging gently, eyes moving onto him. Can you touch me? Pet me? the male asked, his tone pleading for the attention that he had asked. Please? the blue eyes of the other, looking up at him.

<style type="text/css">
.cosmiccastaway b {font-weight:normal; color:#124306; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.cosmiccastawayooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#0b3802;}
.cosmiccastaway p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cosmiccastaway {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ttable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #124306; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0BBE02; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He wasn't really sure. Snake had been conditioned from birth to about six months to not give into any type of pleasure—it was a distraction, and was therefore dangerous. Patriot had constantly drilled him that life was little more than survival, and you had to do all you could to survive in this world. It had been true in New Haven—if Snake had remained there, he would have done well. But still, he would have had no soul; as of now, he was getting to there, but it wasn't complete. He wasn't—and probably never would be—a hedonist; searching for things that he enjoyed was outlandish to him, just as much as self-mutilation. He was a man with a strange code to live by, but it all made sense to him. So, when it came to that suggestion of Daisuke's, the blond coyote did not respond—that was as close as he ever got to an outright refusal.

He grew still at the mention of his mother. Snake's relationship with his parents was not exactly traditional, and how he interacted with his mother was even more complicated. It was hard to think positively on a woman that bewailed your existence for the first few months of your life. She had claimed that he and Foxhound were the only of her boys that she had cared for, but he found that hard to believe. She had hated him, he was sure of that. She had seen her eyes as he lay, crumpled and bleeding, after the long days in New Haven. Why had she ever given him anything? If she did not hate him, he thought she was indifferent. When Laurel had come to speak with him all those months ago, Nikita had not come. Obviously, his mother did not care. He did not really blame her. Snake was not a very good son.

"My mother did not really enjoy giving me things, no." He had a nervous pause, as he didn't really like speaking of his family, but added, "She gave me her knife and her bandanna because she no longer needed them." Would she be proud of him? Well, he remembered when she first gave it to him—he had nervously put it on, and a rare smile had crossed her features. "Fits you well," was all that Nikita had said, and then she walked away.

Snake glanced down to the wolf as he asked his name, waiting for whatever he had to say. At his request, however, the coyote felt uncomfortable. Snake was not as obstinant as he used to be, and he just wasn't sure how to respond—he would need more time to think, probably. So he just said, "Daisuke," in a warning tone, not moving.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry about the shortness. I have a headache for some reason.

My mother did not really enjoy giving me things, no. the kid had spoken to him. Daisuke listened. He didn't understand. Not until the other had continued. She gave me her knife and her bandanna because she no longer needed them. the other had gone on to say. Daisuke let his hands rest on his own chest as he laid there, his head still within the lap of the other. He let a small sigh pass his lips. At least your mom had something to give to you the male let the one negative thought run through his head, and he didn't let it be voiced for some odd reason. Maybe it was just one of those rare moments that his mind worked without his mouth being involved.

Daisuke noticed that he was not being touched, and that the other had just stopped almost everything all of a sudden. If Daisuke didn't know better, he'd think that Snake had stopped breathing as well. Daisuke moved his eyes from the sky to the male. Daisuke the name was used in a warning, like he was not listening to his mother and momma was calling him back to the den, or Daisuke had been talking too much for momma and momma was wanting him to settle down. It had been a long time since Daisuke's name had been used in such a tone. He never liked it when his name was used in this tone. Daisuke blinked innocently up at the male. What? the male asked, his head cocking to the right lightly. I'm not asking you to touch me sexually. I just.. he spoke, looking down at his fingers. I just want to know what it feels like to have your fingers pet me. he spoke, picking at his nails as he looked down at them. I just want you to run your hands through my hair, through my fur. the male explained on before he finally looked back up at the male.

Daisuke's hands had gone to the side, where a patch of grass was clenched between his fingers. He picked the patch of grass ad put the extra blades of grass on his chest before he had picked one up, and started to pick at it. When that one was spent, we went on to the next one, and the next, and the next. Please Snakey? he pleaded again, looking up at his friend with his big blue eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.cosmiccastaway b {font-weight:normal; color:#124306; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.cosmiccastawayooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#0b3802;}
.cosmiccastaway p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cosmiccastaway {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ttable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #124306; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0BBE02; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Tbh, I'm running on fumes writing this. ;_; I'm sorry. Wrap up?

[html]

In the end, neither explanation nor pleading had much of an effect on the coyote. He refused (albeit silently), and glanced at the sky. It was getting dark, and he knew he'd have to get back to Inferni soon if he was going to find a place that he could rest for the night. One that was hopefully easier on his back. He stirred, attempting to scoot backwards to carefully slip away from Daisuke without causing him to hit his head or something. Then the Hydra stood, rolling his shoulders and enjoying the fact that it wasn't killing him to move anymore. "I have to return to Inferni," he said in a low tone, though not starting away yet. Snake was slowly ridding himself of manners—as Hybrid had suggested—but he was not quite that rude. "Thanks for fixing my back."

[/html]
[html]

wc
OOC: we can close it after my post, or you can post again and have it end on yours.

Want to be God, the Devil, like me?

It was the first time that Snake had denied him something, and it didn't feel good. A torn ear bent back as he looked up at Snake. Blue eyes looked at the sandy chin of the other male. Those oceanic orbs sat there for a good while before the other stirred underneath him. Daisuke sighed lightly as he had lifted his head from his friend's lap and he had sat up completely. He sat there for a minute while the other stood up and rolled his shoulders. Daisuke let his eyes wander to the male's headband. I have to return to Inferni. of course he did. He always did. That was where he was safe, Daisuke supposed. Daisuke felt safe pretty much anywhere because of his love of nature, and he never expected anything bad to happen, and when something bad happened, he'd just take care of it himself. He wasn't afraid to defend himself, and he definitely wasn't weak, so he had little to worry about. That, and Daisuke didn't understand the safeness of a pack. Being in a pack just led to you having to deal with whoever your leader doesn't like. A great example would be the way Haku led Dahlia against Inferni. He filled their heads with lies and then led them into battle when they were the ones whom were wrong in the first place. The only reason they fought was to protect a king who wasn't just. All because they were told to. They didn't have a choice, it was either that, or be killed, exiled, whatever.

Daisuke sat there still, his eyes over on his friend as he turned towards where he needed to go to be back in Inferni. Daisuke looked down the kid's spine, his tail, butt, thighs, and then his feet. Daisuke took a deep breath in. I'm sorry Snakey. Daisuke apologized, figuring that he was crossing a line when he asked the other to do him such a favor. Daisuke sat there still, not really willing to get up. Thanks for fixing my back. the other had thanked him for such an act of selflessness. Daisuke nodded his head. Not a problem. If you need it done again, I'll be happy to do so for you. the male spoke, a soft smile being placed on his lips before he had put his hand on the ground to hoist himself up. He did so, lifting his hand from the ground his his body rose and he walked towards Snake. He closed the distance between the two, and he wrapped his arms around the male's waist (avoiding the wound on his chest) and he pulled him close for a moment, giving the male a warm hug that lasted only a few seconds before he let the male go. He knew the kid wouldn't accept the hug like he was supposed to, and this was a reason why he only let the hug last a few seconds. He let the male go, and stepped away from him. Call me when you need me. You know I'll do anything for you. the male spoke, his right hand taking his left elbow and his left arm pointed straight down. The male held his torn ear back as he stood back from the other male. Have a safe walk home, love. And find yourself something comfy to sleep on, you don't want those knots to come back now. Also, make sure you hydrate. If you don't then tomorrow you'll wake up all achy. the male told the other, nodding his head as he told his friend the helpful piece of information. And then you'll be Achy Snakey. the male spoke, giggling softly as he spoke the words. It was okay that Snake wouldn't giggle too, just because Daisuke knew that he was funny to himself and also, he'd never heard the other male laugh. At anything. Funny or not.

<style type="text/css">
.momentofsilence b {font-weight:bold; color:#b8504e; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.momentofsilenceooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fa8e5a; text-align:right;}
.momentofsilence p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.momentofsilence {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fff25a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ilence.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412635; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#412635; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Five years later, the thread wraps up. XD Thanks for putting up with me, J.
[html]

A sense of security wasn't really a luxury that Snake often found himself in possession of. It had come from his upbringing—as most of his character had. He rarely found himself completely trusting anyone, for he had been betrayed several times in his short life. In Inferni he had found a leader that he could respect, follow, and protect with his life (ironic, how he had been intended for that purpose by Patriot but had transplanted over to Gabriel), and he had found a home that he actually managed to feel safe in. It was important to him.

Nevertheless, Daisuke allowed him to rise, and he stood awkwardly for a moment, arms crossed over his scarred chest. He thought that his friend's apology was misplaced—for some reason, Snake felt like the bad guy?—but he didn't say anything about it. Things felt complicated enough, and he would rather not throw a few more monkey wrenches into the works. But the promise to another massage if he needed it was comforting (why did it feel like Snake was always getting himself hurt and Daisuke was always trying to patch him up?), and the coyote murmured a quiet "Thanks."

He turned in time to notice Daisuke had stood as well, and Snake uncrossed his arms just in time to be wrapped up in the wolf's embrace. The golden wolf was right; he didn't return it, but he didn't struggle either. Sooner enough he was released. Snake nodded when his friend told him that he would come if called (he knew that already), and he also listened carefully when it came to advice about his health. Snake was a fine warrior, but he was not much of a healer—he would accept information wherever he got it. He flicked one of his ears at the rhyme that had tickled Daisuke—he guessed it was kind of amusing, but not enough to laugh—and he replied, "Okay. Thanks again, Daisuke." But Snake was not one for long goodbyes, so with a quick nod of his head, he started back to Inferni, intent on finding someplace 'comfy' to sleep.

[/html]