An accident...
OOC: Takes place at Shattered Coast

The short little man was furious! He lost his boat just as he was about to anchor it to the coast of this beautiful place. He knew nothing of these lands, though he had passed it many times when he boated along through here. Chucking a rock as his boat sailed away he spewed out loud profanity. "Yu stupit boat! I don need ya' anyhow!" He screamed lastly as he turned around to the land. He grumbled more profanity. Oh he had quite the sailors mouth. "God fur sa'en, lan' luver's! I ca't be'ume wun nou!" His intentions was to make a home here, but still sail about here and there, now with his boat adrift at sea he couldn't. The stupid thing. He could easily swim out and grab it, but he was tired and his short legs could give out any second when swimming...it wouldn't have been the first time, that was for sure.

Let out a wary sigh his eyes looked about, the smell of others was quite strong, and it hadn't noticed it before. "Hrm.." He thought for a moment. He never knew much of territories. The sea was an open vessel, no one could set claim to her, as he thought. Any who tried he struck them down with vengeance in his eyes. His trusty sword made sure of that, not to mention the help of his trusty lucky cap! Folding his short thick arms he thought for a moment, "Nou, w'at do I do?" His dark eyes look about as his large bat like ears folded back. He licked his lips as he noticed the grumble in his belly. "Nou ain't tha' thee kick'a! Iam hung'ry an' may foo' was on dat ship!" He kicked a stone, causing a slight pain in his foot, but he didn't care, he was livid right now.
[html]

ooc... Hai! =D

WC 500+

Orin had noticed the vessel while it was still far off, skipping atop the waves that rolled inward and broke on the Shattered Coast. At first, she thought little of it, expecting to see many a passing ship from her vantage point upon the lighthouse grounds, but with each glance she stole to seek the boat as it tousled among the waves it became increasingly clear that it was coming closer to the Cour des Miracles shore, and not bowing around and heading for other lands.

She would not have noticed it at all if not for today’s random venture to the lighthouse. She had intended to fix up the old, dilapidated building, but knew little about craftsmanship so needed to recruit others’ aid. She had gotten a few offers from fellow Luperci; her brother would help, Zafier was willing to try, and hopefully Vigil would lend a paw, though with his new station might not have the time, now. Still, her helpers had not amassed yet as she was still surveying just what needed to be done with the lighthouse, so she was merely out here for a social-call, if you will. A simple, ‘Hello, lighthouse. How are you today? I will fix you up soon.’ Yet while she was there she decided to make the best of her time, and began clearing the yard of waste and debris, piling it all up in one corner by the fence so it could be hauled away later. Briefly, she wondered if any of the horses in the stables were trained to pull carts, as that would probably make this task less arduous.

Pausing in her duty for a short respite, she sidled up onto a fencepost and peered down the sightline of the coast, looking at the little boat as it began to skitter away from the coast. Ah, there it goes, off on its little adventure. But. . . what’s this? She narrowed her eyes and peered at the shore, and if her eyes didn’t deceive her there was a very little man ranting and raving, it appeared that he yelled at the boat!

Curious and concerned, she leaped off the fence and, being of small and therefore swift stature herself (though not nearly as tall as the angry man), made short work of the distance between her view-post and where the man washed up. She was soon walking the rocky coast near the man, confused as ever about his plight. She was utterly surprised as she approached and realized he was as small as he looked from the distance, in fact, it seemed this would be the first time she met anyone smaller than her! And so much smaller!

“Ho there, friend!” she called out before her as she walked. As she so faithfully did when near the water, she lapsed into the corny, fantasy-novel style of pseudo-sailor speech. “What’s your trouble?” She inquired, although her eyes were already on the little boat as it retreated into the distance. Suddenly she wondered if he had been ousted by some crew, marooned (although any sailor could see this was not a desert isle) for some crime. She bit her bottom lip, hoping her approach hadn’t been in vain, and that she was not waltzing right up to some dastardly, despicable marauder.

[/html]
OOC: Halllloooo!

His eyes narrowed as it was obvious, he would certainly be left upon this land until he could somehow find another vessel. Large ears swiveled back upon hearing quite the angelic voice, looking in the direction that such a sweet voice came, he saw just the matching soul for such a voice, "Why, 'ello there! W'at a be'ut'a'ful voice fer such a be'ut'a'ful woman!" He bowed to her in quite the gentlemen fashion, "Mey name t'is Charles D'Fago." He said in his broken english. "Aye lost me boat...g'ess it din't want me no more.." A smug smile came to his face as he attempted a joke. "So, miss, w'at be yer name?" His dark eyes smile to the young lady. As she spoke his eyes looked about. He smelled others but not a single fresh scent came to him. Was the lady all alone out here? Trying to figure this out he then was reminded of his hunger. The ache in his belly was not going away anytime soon and he couldn't afford the small talk. "Well, m'lass, I really ain't got time to chitty-chat. I muss be gettin' me some grub. My stup'it boat done took off with it an' I muss be tryin' to find a place to stay fer tha ni'.." As he turned to pick up what small satchel he had with him, he turned to her his eyes narrowed curiously, "You ain't out here by ye self are ye?" His brows creased together with sincere concern, "Cause no miss should be out by ye self...it gets awfue dan'erous by ye self...specially for lasses."
[html]

WC 467

When the stranger turned around as smiley and friendly as ever, she was eased of her sudden tension and beamed back at him. A gentle rose color tinted her cheeks beneath the short white fur as she blushed at the accolade. Her caramel eyes flicked from the last trace of the boat as it reared and bucked in its retreat through the waves, to the chestnut countenance before her. “That’s a tough break,” she muttered sadly as it disappeared. “If I knew any sailors I’d see if they could catch it.” Her face screwed up. “But I don’t. . . which is kind of ironic, considering where I live.”

“Well,” the somber note in her voice lightened and she grew cheerful, hoping to liven the fellow up. “A pleasure to meet you, Charles D’Fago! I’m Orin. . . Orin Takekuro.” She offered a handshake.

She was taken by surprise when the man voiced his intent to end their encounter so soon. He was sociable enough, and it was alien to Orin for such a friendly fellow to amble off so quickly. Her strange expression bore testament to her confusion as she cocked her head to the side and raised a questioning brow. On the other paw, she could understand the demands of a growling belly. Looking him over, she mulled over a thought. She knew this man was not a member of Cour des Miracles that she had just not met yet because she had become acquainted with everyone’s visage at the recent pack meeting, and she would certainly have remembered this fellow. And if that weren’t enough, what he asked next corroborated her assumption. So that only leaves one question. . .

How does the Court treat newcomers?

Certainly they would not treat this unfortunate man as a trespasser, for his arrival was merely circumstantial! (Or so she thought.) When she and her brother arrived, rowing in atop the waves on that rainy day, they had been welcomed with open arms. And even if the leaders of the Court did not like this man on their lands, she was not the one fit for running him off. So, her course of action became evident.

The smile returned to her face in an instant and she shook her head gently, her pink dreadlocks shifting about her shoulders. “No, I live here with my pack, but thanks for the concern. If the lighthouse was already fixed up I’d invite you up there for a bite, but unfortunately you’re a few weeks early for that. I’d be happy to take you back to the Hotel if you’d like. The leaders would probably like to know you’re here, anyway, and then we could provide a little hospitality and see if Vigilante wouldn’t mind you staying for a night or two.”

[/html]
His eyes watch the young woman before him, he noted her hand, but never shook hands with anyone. He blinked for a moment, "I ne'er saws a lass try tah shake hands be'ore..." He brought his hand up and took it awkwardly. He nodded then attempted to be on his merry way. He rummaged through his satchel seeing what all he had; rum, compass, pencil, paper, and..."Ay! W'at do aye have here!" He pulled out a small loaf of bread. Not really what he wanted but enough to satiate his hunger. He didn't hesitate as he took a happy bite of the loaf. His eyes look up to the lass who looked troubled, "So, ye arr by ye self? That be sad, miss, very very sad...ye may company me, if ye like?" He adds cheerfully before she spoke out. "Ah.." he spoke once she said she lived her, and not by herself either.

He stuffed the rest of the loaf in his mouth as he thought about her offer. His ears went back in deep thought, "Ya' know...that sounds mighty good of ya'." He smiles closing up his satchel, "I tis think, tha' would be great! Aye, hotel, eh?" He smiles tail wagging, "Lets be off with ye!" He gets walking in a random direction then realizes he had no idea where this hotel she spoke of was. Turning around his dark eyes looked up to the beautiful woman, "Uh....which.. way is this hotel.." It took quite a bit for him to speak a clear word, but he managed. It was not easy, but he did remember how to speak plain easy to hear language, it just took work, work he did not like to do, but would do it.
[html]

I meant to hop in a few posts ago, but I had a meeting earlier and got distracted. >_> 500+ words.

He was still getting used to his new post as the pack's King, but so far, the former Constable was not finding it to be terribly difficult. He had been performing the same duties as the Constable, but he simply had a different title now. The change in hierarchy had been met by mixed reactions by the pack, though no one had seemed to be angry with him and no one had challenged the decision he and Ruri had made. Some members had seemed unhappy, but none so much as the young Dauphine. Vigilante felt terrible for the obvious grief she was feeling, though it was not his fault. He wished that there was something he could do or say to make her feel better, but it seemed that the best way to ease her pain was to simply let time heal her. No one could bring Jacquez back, and no one could change the fact that he had left in the first place.

Never in his life had he anticipated being a subleader, and it had seemed even stranger to think that he was now the King of Cour des Miracles. The large secui male left his house, determined to go on another round of patrol, something he had been doing every day since his original promotion in November. He knew that there were others doing the same thing (particularly Haven, the knight of the pack), but it did not hinder his desire to make sure that the pack was safe firsthand. He was glad things seemed to be settling down. The pack was still high in numbers, and though they had gotten a large influx of joiners a few weeks prior, that seemed to have settled down some, as well. Vigilante liked when the pack gained new members, but it was nice to know that the pack was fairly stable. Things might be a bit ruffled after the change in leadership, but he was certain that everything would be fine.

Since he had started in the area closest to the other packs that morning when doing his border patrols, the large secui dog mutt made his way to the sandy coast. The heavy scent of the salty ocean was noticeable before he could actually see the water, but as he approached, a figure—no, two, he realized, though the second seemed very short and small—came into view. The King recognized the pink and white woman, Orin, from having met her a few times now, but he did not recognize the male at all. No pack scent hung on him, and that went for Cour des Miracles, as well. It was very obvious that the male did not belong in the pack's territory, and Vigilante felt a guarded defensiveness rise in his chest at the realization.

Approaching them more now, the secui male carried himself in a dignified and authoritative manner. He turned to Orin and offered her a polite smile, saying, "Hello, Orin. It's a pleasure to see you again. I trust you and your brother are doing well?" He had met her brother, Niro, quite some time ago nd had liked the oyung male, as well. "I am Vigilante Haskel, the King of Cour des Miracles," he said clearly to the one he suspected was a trespasser. He waited expectantly, not questioning the man's presence or his name. If he had any sense, he would explain and introduce himself. Vigilante was not judgemental, and he tried to be fair to everyone, but he did not take kindly to those that were in places they should not be. Still, he hid this well, his expression both very stoic and very dignified.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 600+

A polite laugh bubbled from her throat as he was taken aback by the handshake. Being of a young, overzealous type, when the man finally did respond to her handshake she gave his a firm squeeze but let it go briefly thereafter, avoiding the prolonged and sometimes awkward shake. “If you ask my brother, I’m no regular girl.” This man amused her; from the peculiar things he said, his fascinating patois, to his unique shape. She found herself warming up to him quickly, despite being a little uncertain of the stranger. He was so like a character from one of her books.

As he began to pace off she made a little wave of her hand and motioned with her head. “Wait, no, this way,” she corrected, and then steered him south. “I don’t mind if you keep eating. The Hotel is a long ways away even if you jog it and I assume you’ve worked up a decent appetite.” Her usual excitement was beginning to take hold now, those precarious first moments when you first meet someone and size them up, determining what you could about their demeanor and intentions now passed. Orin’s usual inquisitive nature started to shine, “So, where are you from?”

But before she could regale the stranger with more questions, she caught sight of Vigilante’s bulky Secui form pacing towards them. She recognized the King immediately, and though she was starting to warm up to the stranger (a process that was not slow for the girl), she did feel a certain comfort knowing that Vigil was near. She waved happily at the king, ensuring to catch his attention although he had spotted the pair long before she noticed him coming towards them. “We’re in luck,” she said to Charles. “There’s our King now.”

As she spoke the words, she felt a sudden pang of sadness for her wayward hero and former king of Cour des Miracles, Jacquez. She hoped she would not always feel like that whenever she saw Vigilante, for his loyalty and noble sense to duty to the pack was clear in the Luperci. She suspected he would make a fine king, and despite the heartbreak of learning her former hero was not the man she thought he was, was determined to give Vigilatne a fair chance.

“Greetings, your majesty!” She nodded with respect; it was the first time she had gotten to regard Vigilante by his new station. At that moment her ears and posture perked up considerably as though her verbal acknowledgment of Vigil’s rank already began to act as a balm over her disappointed heart. Well, that was the way of things with Orin. Give her fascinating ceremony and she was happy. “Niro and I have been great, thank you. We brought down a deer yesterday, together.” She beamed with pride over her and her brother's successful hunt, particularly because she was still very new at hunting. She would have returned a polite and sincere inquiry about the King himself and his mate, Ayita, who she loved the moment she met her, but noticed his understandable preoccupation with the newcomer and didn't think he would be offended at her skipping the pleasantries. She could always ask later.

He introduced himself to the newcomer before she could do so, so she quickly made up for her folly by interjecting, “This is Charles D’Fago. We were just going to come look for you at the Hotel. It seems his boat left him.” As she sidled a couple steps closer to Vigilante she gave him a look that quietly reflected her earlier concerns about not being sure how to handle a newcomer. She hoped the new king didn't jump to any ill conclusions about finding her with this stranger.

[/html]
He rubbed the back of his head when she corrected his direction and let out a chuckle, "I g'ess aye was a'ittle over excited, miss!" As they began to walk on forward she spoke up about her king. His large ears went forward as his eyes caught sight of a large beast coming forward. Eyes widened a bit, he sure looked mighty. "Hmm.." he murmured as the beast was coming straight for them, his eyes glanced over to her as she ran to the large male and seemed to become rather affectionate. Blinking a little the beast spoke to her almost as if he was not there. Ears folded back slightly then the beast spoke to him. A smile broke out, he hadn't a clue he was trespassing until the large brute seemed puffed out. He realized now, he was trespassing. "Oi! Meh apologies, sir! Aye hadn't ah clue Aye was trespassin' upon yer place! Aye sailed here upon my ship which de'sided teh take off without before Aye had a chance to anchor it." He pointed out to the cove area where he had his ship, it was now a speck out at sea. "As the miss, sai' aye be Charles D'Fago!" He bowed to the King in a happy manner. Despite being slightly intimidated by the large fellow, he certainly didn't show it.

Looking back to the miss he smiled lightly before standing back up. He almost felt dwarfed by all the 'tallies' as he liked to call them, but he was getting used to it. It wasn't very often you saw many small dogs around. The small man was certainly small, but not the smallest he's seen. His build was sturdy, it was his breed. Their bone structures were meant to be thick and strong and that was how Charles was built, strong. He came from a long line of cow herders and it showed it his body structure. His mammee always told stories of their history and he had them memorized. How could he not? His eyes looked from the sandy ground back up to the large beast of a male, "Aye...hope ya' can fergive me, good sir?" He adds after a good pause in conversation. Dark eyes taking everything in good nature.
[html]

300+ words.

It warmed him to see that Orin was excited to see him approach, as he had felt badly about her sadness at the meeting. It could not be helped, of course. The change in the pack's leadership had been necessary, and he had expected that not everyone would be happy to hear that Jacquez had gone. Still, it pleased him to know that Orin had warmed to the idea of him being the pack's new King. Just as it was necessary to have a strong leadership for a pack to survive, it was not plausible that a pack would flourish if the members were not happy and supportive. Only a few days into his new post, Vigilante felt comfortable knowing that the pack was behind him, as evidenced by the meeting and by Orin's giddiness at seeing the large secui dog mutt approach them now.

He smiled at her encouragingly, nodding at her recent success with Niro. "That is fantastic. I'm glad you are both enjoying it here," he said sincerely. Even before he had taken over leadership of the pack, Vigilante had been incredibly focused on the happiness of the pack's members. Vigilante understood the importance of happy and comfortable members, and he hoped that the pack knew that he was there to provide them with that happiness. If there were any problems or concerns, he hoped that the pack's members all knew that they could approach him about them. There would always be members who were not completely and unconditionally comfortable around him, because that was simply nature. He hoped, however, that those problems would be kept to a minimum in the Miracles pack and that the pack members would all see him as someone they could approach about anything.

The explanation given did not seem nearly as strange as Charles' interesting but obviously foreign accent, but he listened to both calmly. He knew nothing of boats and sailing, both being things he had never even heard of back in his birth pack. He could not quite understand how a ship could just leave someone, because surely they had to be close enough to catch it, yes? He thought so, but he did not have any idea of the mechanics behind any of that theory. "Your boat just left you?" he asked. "Where are you from?" It was said in an interested tone. He did not condone trespassers, but in this case, it seemed like it had not been avoidable, and that should not be held against him.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc... I hope you two don’t mind, but I’m going to have Orin slip out of this thread because I think school might snag a few more hours from me this week than normal (two big final projects), and I don’t want to slow this down any. =D

WC 400

The king reacted well to the newcomer; whilst not completely reckless, Vigilante didn’t seem to hold Charles’s misfortune against him, giving the small man some time to tell his tale and some leeway to prove his (hopefully) good nature. This pleased Orin to no end, and the smile that was so constant on her muzzle didn’t fade, certainly not as Vigilante praised her on the news of her successful hunt with Niro, and not after the king began speaking to the swashbuckler before them. It was much like her first day in the pack, when Jac and Firefly had come to meet her and her brother, and gave the pair a chance rather than deeming them unwanted interlopers and sending them off, or worse. This seemed to be the usual way of Cour des Miracles, and she stood straight, suddenly more proud of her pack than she had ever been.

It seemed funny to her that the man’s boat just took off without him, especially because it was peculiar that he had not anchored it the moment he decided to come ashore, but she was not one to question the ways of the sailor. She could be forgetful herself, so maybe that was just as common for this seafaring man. “That really is the strangest of luck…” she chortled, shaking her head softly.

Luck? Oh no! That reminded her; as ‘luck’ would have it, her brother agreed to come help her with cleaning the lighthouse grounds today! She perked her head up and gasped softly in surprise, looking to her king with respect and to both men with a slight apology. She had already come to the conclusion that this man was little threat, and moreover on size comparison alone she assumed Vigilante would have little trouble with the stranger. So quickly, she interjected, quite apologetic for the interruption, “Oh! I just remembered I have to meet Niro. I hope you’ll excuse me?” She looked to Vigilante, searching for anything in his demeanor that commanded her to remain, asking as she did so, “You don’t mind, do you? Charles, it was nice to meet you. Maybe I’ll see you again… sorry I couldn’t stick around longer. Good luck!” She double-checked Vigilante’s gaze, and then if she detected no hesitation or received any other request from him, she would quickly turn and jog off back towards the lighthouse in the distance.

[/html]
His eyes took in the interaction between the two, pleased to see that they got along. It was one thing he hated was women being disrespected. His eyes darted back to the alpha, a sheepish grin on his face. Then the same was given to Orin, "Luck...yeah-Oh! I do't min' miss, and yes, it twas nice meetin' ye!" He bowed very gentlemen like in manner before going about answering the leader's questions. "Whelp, I mus' say it t'is a bit embarresin' ta say thee le'st...I twas gettin' outta the boat, the rope in tow, it twas attach ta the boat, see?" He began to point out to the sea where he was coming in at, "I don' hava' ancher ancher, so I twas jus' gonna tie me boat up ta that boulda, see? But, I fergot me sails were up still. A gust'a wind came an' I lost me grip!" The whole time he was gesturing and pointing with his hands. It was as if he couldn't tell the tale without the hands. Looking back to Vigilante he smiles, "Oh, Aye hail from, Ole English country way out thur!" His hands wave gesturing which direction he came from, "Me Papee tis from a place he called Scotland, and me mum from w'at she called Ole English country." He smiled with pride as his tongue lolled out.

He was beaming by time he decided to go on about his blood lines, "Tho, my pa'ents are from dif'rent places, Aye is all pure blood Corgi-Cardigan to be exact! Me mamma' always shurd stories of me ancestory! We took on cattle and force'em w'ere we wanted'em! That twas back when we were nuttin' but fer-leggers and pink hairless two-leggers roamed the earth! But that was centuries ago!" He laughs a good hardy chuckle, "Me mamma' always told me that therr was nuttin' our family can't do, no matta' how small we are!" He folds his arms with another beaming smile, "So, yer mamma' ever told you stories about yer ancestory?" He watches the large brute with a good-natured interest. At this time he forgot how hungry he was. Perhaps it was the bread, or the company, or even perhaps both. It had been awhile since the sailor had company, his crew left due to their not so pirate activities. Charles didn't mind, he felt they were just rude scalawags anyhow.
[html]

My apologies for the wait; I got my wisdom teeth out this past week and I'm having an absolutely horrible recovery, and haven't been feeling up to posting much... 500+ words.

The King did not mind Orin taking her leave now, so he nodded as she spoke, not thinking it inappropriate of her at all to leave now. Vigilante offered her a smile before she left, saying, "That is fine, Orin. Thank you for finding Charles, and go enjoy your day with Niro." The large dog mutt had met both siblings on more than one occasion and though they were young still, he liked them both very much. He was glad that they had sought refuge here, though he did not know when it was exactly. It had been a few months, at least, and he was glad that he was getting to know them both well. Niro seemed to be an excited boy and Orin a very spirited girl, and he liked them both for those qualities he found in them.

Knowing so little about the subject of boats and sailing, Vigilante could only take Charles' word for what had happened. He did not know if it was a common occurrence for sailors, but it did not seem completely out of the question for the man of such small stature. Vigilante supposed he had been graced by such a large form, and he could not imagine being so... Well, small. He did not want to offend the man, though, so he nodded, deterring his thoughts from the man's size and misfortune and whether or not they could be correlational. "That is some unfortunate luck," he commented, by way of letting him know that he was not planning to hold it against him. There was not much that could be done about it, regardless. He supposed it would have been a good idea for Charles to ensure that the territory was not claimed before he attempted to tie up his boat, but mistakes were made, and that was simply that.

Vigilante listened politely as Charles discussed his heritage in-depth, something he did not encounter very often. The wolves were that—wolves. The majority of the dogs he met did not know much, considering how long the humans had been gone. Of course, he had never been around humans; they had died out long before even his grandparents were born. However, he knew stories of them and how they bred dogs for specific purposes. His parents had both been pure-blooded dogs, as far as he knew, and he knew the basic information of what his ancestors had been used for in the far past. He could not say he had ever been plagued by the obvious pride that the short man felt about his heritage, but he had held on to the knowledge in the case that it would ever be pertinant.

"I only know a bit about my ancestors, as my family lived in a large pack that was structured much like the olden-days wolf packs," he began, though he was mildly hesitant to discuss his past. It was a tender subject for him to speak about. "My father was a German Shepherd Dog. His ancestors were used by humans to herd things, such as cattle and sheep. My mother was an Alaskan Malamute, a breed used to do work in snow." There was not much else for him to say about the subject, so he turned to Charles and asked, What is it that you intend to do now?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
The short tri-colored dog nodded to his comment on the situation. It surely was quite unfortunate. Then as he mentioned not knowing much of his ancestry, he found it unfortunate, but surely not all would. He was lucky to have had a grandmother who was keen on knowing such things and passing it on. Granted being a man's tool is sad, but man made them who they were to some extent, and with each dog there was a different strength that man worked to hone in which made each unique in his or her own right. Despite the way he talked and sounded, he was full of wisdom and not as stupid as his language made him out to be, however, the more they talked the more his old accent came through. The cardigan had only been at sea for not a full year, so he had picked up on the accent, it was not his origin way of speaking.

When the larger brute asked his plans he just sighed before speaking, "Whelp, I ain't reallaye sure...I figure I will jus' have'tah walk the coast for a bit and hope that my ship decided to come to shore. Though, with that, it could be damaged beyond repair." His hands gestured to the coast he would walk, then he looked to Vigilante, "I certainly bloody don't want to burden you, and already I have trespassed which was not my intentions. So, I would like to leave your lands as soon as I can so as to not be a bother any longer, sir." At this point he ditched the accent he had, and now his voice, just as thick and deep as before had a sort of welsh accent, some could and would reference it to that of plan british accent. However, there were many differences between Britain and Welsh. His eyes looked to the large brute before himself, "I hope that is okay with you, I know that Orin had offered me some food. I am feelin' a wee bit hungry, however, I think I will be fine." Speaking of the devil, his stomach let out a painful grumble and he put his hand to it. A sheepish smile came onto his features.
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante did not know what Charles expected of his ship. If the lifeless thing had been carried out to sea so quickly because he had left the sail up, then it seemed only logical that it would continue to drift further and further away. The King did not want to discourage the shorter man any, so he kept that thought to himself. As it was, it was entirely possible that the dog mutt was wrong in assuming that was what would happen. He was generally very humble, and he knew not to speak of things he did not understand. Sailing just so happened to be one of those things that he thought it was safer to not attempt to discuss. A number of the pack's members had arrived by ship or vessel, he knew, so there would be others here that could help him locate his ship if it were even possible.

He listened in calm silence, the change in the small man's dialect not bypassing his ears. Jade eyes narrowed slightly, trying to determine why his way of speaking had changed so suddenly, but he could not think of a reason. It did not seem important enough to ask about, either. "Our Kingdom is a sort of haven for all sorts," he said, gaze travelling over the seafoam waters. "If you are in need of a home, in the case of your ship not returning, or temporary respite until it can be located, Cour des Miracles would happily take you in. Your trespassing is forgiven," he added, "as it is not your fault. You cannot control the ocean." The dignified King did not know if Charles would wish to take up residence in the Miracles pack, but the offer was made in the case that he would. If the ship were to return, as well, it was possible that it would return to the place it had been originally lost. Even if the ship was never found, a new member for the pack would be welcomed with ease, he was sure.

<style>
</style>[/html]
The welsh corgi saw the look in the large brute's eyes. He didn't quite understand it at first as his accent was not purposely changed, however, it took him a moment to register why. He laughed a little after the brute spoke his first sentence, it was a nervous laugh, and not done because of what the brute said, but more of what he hadn't said. "Aye, sir, I am sorry. I saw yer look, was it 'cause the accent?" He inquired. The ever social dog was very talkative and very willing to explain himself. He liked to be understood, and he liked to teach others as well. Being as sea and with other sea lover's he had picked up the odd sailor accent, not intentionally, however, his old accent surfaced back and rather quickly. When the sea-lover heard the large dog's offer he began to think putting his paw-like hand to his bandanna and thought for a moment sliding in down over his folded back ears.

His eyes looked to the skies, then the ocean, "Aye...never thought about actually settling upon land..." His dark chocolate eyes look over to Vigilante, "...are you serious about offerin' me a home? I mean...I ain't but a stranger ta' ye'?" He was being shy about the offer, but it was appealing. Never had he been part of a large pack, other than his family. They were a large pack, but they were blood. Something much different than the pack this brute was a head of, or at least from what he saw. "...To be honest, I never seen such a pack like the one, I assume, is a bunch of random dogs, no offense..." He winced, "That sounded bad, didn't it? Man...I didn't mean for it ta' come out like that..." The short dog felt like he put his own foot in his mouth. But it was what it was wasn't it? A bunch of random dogs put together. His eyes looked right into the mixed breed before him hoping he didn't take that offensively, if so, he figured that he would have to high-tail it, or fight.
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante had not hidden his curious look, so it did not surprise him that the short man would have seen it. There was nothing about it that he had to hide, at any rate, and Charles seemed to understand the reasoning behind the questioning look. The King nodded. "I was indeed curious about the change in your dialect, but it seemed almost rude to question, since I had already asked about your accent prior to it changing some," he admitted, his tone neutral. He did not see any reason to dwell on the change in the way his words were spoken, though. The manner in which everyone spoke always varied some, and he could appreciate that. He had been told that his own manner of speaking was very formal compared to most, though he did not think so.

As the man spoke, Vigilante listened intently, not finding the man's words offensive in the least. Their pack's way of life and the way it was run was indeed different from many other packs, and he was acutely aware of this. "I take no offense," he said good-naturedly. "This pack is not even a year old now, but we are thriving well. Most of the packs in this area seem to be made up of wolves, with the exception of the coyote clan to the far north. Our pack seems to be the one that dogs come to, presumably because our former King broadcasted that we were a place for misfits and rascals. We still are, in fact. Cour des Miracles is a home free to anyone who wishes to make it theirs." It was a simple enough concept to him, and he was indeed serious about offering the sailor a home.

"However, if you would rather not stay here, I would be happy to escort you out of the lands, and you would be permitted to look for your boat occasionally on our lands with the proper escort," he offered. The proper escort would be, of course, himself or Ruri, or perhaps Haven or Heath. It was the best he could do for the man, if he chose not to stay here as a member of the pack.

<style>
</style>[/html]
The short dog smiled, to the large brute. He then nodded when he confirmed his thoughts, "Aye, yes, I was not born into that lingo. This was the accent I was born into. Being around other sailors, had changed the way I spoke. Did'it mean to pick it up, just happen' ya' know?" He rubbed the back of his neck in slight embarrassment. As the large male spoke about staying here. He looked down as he thought about it. It seemed if he didn't take the offer he would need to be escorted around. The thought seemed a bit brutal really, to him, more like overkill to be escorted about like an intruder. However, it seemed that was what he would be considered; an intruder. He took in a deep breath as he thought about it.

He looked to the brute of a male, "Well...I never thought about settling...however, it seems this is a nice territory. It is by the water.." His eyes looked over the beach. Next he looked about, then to the other male again, "...honestly, it seems rather blind sided to me...I hate to make such a quick decision. I don't like to make decisions on a whim, dear sir." He felt bad, but he also felt on the spot. Like making a snap decision. He didn't really know what the pack stood for, he didn't know if they were good guys, bad guys, or just neutral. From what he was getting it seemed neutral, but from his many travels he had learned that others can be rats. Taking what the wanted and not what they needed. Making others suffer and causing much havoc to lands. Charles was very friendly, and kind, and above all fiercely loyal. He never pledged loyalty to something he did not fully know. This pack, although, seemed nice enough, he didn't know them.

"I really do apologize, and I would love to take you up on your offer as I am in need of a home, however, I would like to have more time, if that is allowed. I would like to get to know your members better, as well as what your pack stands for. I would really hate to go back on pledging my loyalty. Aye, I may be a considered a pirate, but I do have my code of honor and that is my loyalty. If I pledge my loyalty somewhere I would like to commit myself fully to my family. He then bowed to Vigilante, it what was quite a proper bow for such an oddly shaped and sized male.
[html]

We can wrap up whenever, and if you ever do want him to join, you always can. ^^ Sorry, short.

The King had nothing else to say on the subject of the man's accent, so he let the mention of it drop. It did not matter how he chose to speak, anyway. It was how he acted and the manner in which he conducted himself that actually mattered. So far, Vigilante had not seen anything in the man that he did not approve of, which was why he was not hesitant to offer him a home, despite the apparent trespassing. It seemed that the shorter man did not want to take up residence yet, and Vigilante nodded. "That is fine. If you were interested in meeting more members of the pack, I'm sure you would be able to find someone near the borders on just about any day. We do not allow nonmembers to roam the lands unaccompanied," he explained, "but the pack tends to be very accepting of members who just want to learn more about them, if you were interested in that." The basic fact of the matter was that he would not be premitted to roam the Miracles lands without an escort—it simply was not done that way, even if the King had already met him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC: It is okay, as I say to all, a post is a post Wink
Charles was very happy with the leader of the land and he understood the more he thought about it. There are canines, and even felines out there that were just not noble, or respectable. He nodded to the great male, "Yes, I fully understand sir. There are many out in the world that just ain't out there for good. I really would like to take you up on your offer, and maybe in the near feature I will gladly accept it." He bowed his upon his torso. He was short, but rather long, so bowing was quite a sight indeed. Straightening out he then smiled, "Well, sir, while I think about this...I would really like to find something to eat. To you know the best fishing spot I can find?" Granted he didn't have a fishing pole...that was on his boat, but he did have string in his pouch, and hopefully he could find a hook. He knew he could manage, it just was frustrating how he lost all of his things.
[html]

WotD: Fathom.

Maybe soon the pack would gain a new member in te small tri-colored male, but for now, Vigilante did not mind that Charles did not want to rush in and join the first pack he came across. Perhaps it was even better that way, as then they would know for sure that he truly was interested in belonging to their specific pack. For him to join the first pack he found might actually show that he would not always be loyal. Vigilante could not fathom why someone would join a pack for no reason, but he could not say much. He had not known much about the Miracles pack when he had joined. Truthfully, it had been an impulse, but he was glad he had done it.

The King did not fish, having always hunted on land. His old home had never been near the water and, now that he'd been living on the coast for nearly a year, he still had yet to attempt to pick up the skill. "To be honest, I do not know much about fishing," he admitted. "Perhaps, though, you might find good fishing in the Pirata Grotto," he mused. "It is entirely claimed by our pack, but I do not see the problem with you fishing there for today to satisfy your hunger. I cannot guarantee it would be the most lucrative spot, but if you would like, I can show you where it is. It might prove to be a good spot."

<style>
</style>[/html]