Searching for a Soul
Tannin smiled, it was hard to do for this long, his face was usually plastered in a grimace, but he managed to keep it on. "I've had worse, this isn't anything compared to them." A frown twitched upon his lips, but he managed to keep himself in a calm exposure, "His name is Domonick, he was like a..,"he thought his words carefully, he knew he shouldn't say that he considered Domonick a pathetic little cretin, something that he needed to extinguish as soon as possible, he simply shook his head,"..a brother to me. When he left, I felt horrible, so I set out to find him, to be able to see him again, it would be great. To be able to..to be able to tell him about everything that had happened." he chuckled slightly, To also feel his blood run trough my mouth, to feel his flesh rip beneath my teeth.
Aislinn nodded and stood up slowly as Tannin spoke. She was still uncertain as to what seemed to be wrong with the male, but this didn't stop her from skirting the edge of the pool and sitting a little nearer to him. She stared at him with a look of curiousity smeared on her face and she tipped her head to one side, deliberately allowing one ear to flop over and the other to stick straight up. Underneath her childish exterior, however, she was thinking hard about this strange wolf in front of her. Something was niggling at his mind and she couldn't quite put a paw on it but she gave him the benefit of the doubt and quickly asked after he had finished, "I could help you track him down if you liked?"
[html]

~Thank Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

Element padded through the woods, his soft footfalls light enough not to be heard, yet loud enough to emit a small crunching sound to his own sensitive, curved ears. He stopped and opened his mouth, drinking in the scent of the woods, and to his surprise, found wolf-scent nearby. Wolves, hm? he thought to himself, stepping a little closer to the scent. I'd expect they're bloodthirsty fools, ripping each other's throats out, aren't they. This, in his mind, was a statement, not a question. He flitted closer and scented the air again, finding that the wolves were near water.

Element concealed his black fur behind a bush, peering out as his emerald eyes flickered between the wolves. They seemed to be talking, but who was he to suppose they even knew the High Speech? He padded out from the bushes and sat squarely in front of the pool, beginning to lick his paw nonchalantly and drawing it over his ears.

"Good day, canines."

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: Welcome!

Tannin let out a small chuckle, "Thank you very much for the offer, but it's okay, I know where he is, it shouldn't be too hard to get in touch with him." he let a smile come across his face, but it wasn't fake, it was genuine, the thought of finally being able to get his hands on Domonick made him feel, well it made him anxious.

As he was talking he heard a voice behind him, a growl escaped him, his claws unsheathed, he whipped his body around, perched on one knee, balancing himself with a free palm, the other held out in front, claws at the ready. It was then he saw it was a feline. He dropped his stance and sat back down, sheathing his claws, "A feline that understands High Speech, that's something I haven't seen before." he let a smirk form across his face. He had never had much interactions with the felines, but from what he knew, there were few that understood High Speech, he thought that none of them did, but he wasn't taught much in the subject, he never cared for learning, rather hunting.
[html]
((Thanks! I hope I'm not intruding. ^^ "))

Element took his time in washing - he licked both paws first, drawing them patiently over his ears and face. He then licked his chest, twisted so he could get his back, licked the base of his tail and finally his underside. After a minute or so of washing, he glanced up at the dog - it seemed it was the type that could transform into some sort of furry, strange human type thing. He sniffed in disdain.

"Indeed. Although I daresay you don't see many felines, do you?" he asked, just a hint of sardonic sarcasm in his voice. Of course these ruthless brutes wouldn't have seen felines before - felines, the refined, beautiful part of nature, those who never killed unless necessary, and those who were most mysterious in nature. Yes, Element could see that this dog hadn't conversed with a cat before, seeing as how he lowered his defense so easily after seeing Element - but then again, he wasn't to judge.

Not yet.

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

<style type="text/css">
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn nodded at Tannin as he finished talking. Even though he seemed to be telling her his story as if he wanted assistance, he didn't accept her offer. Aislinn thought this was strange, but she had little time to question it further as a noise came from behind Tannin. Her ears pricked up and she stood up, instantly lowering her head as she moved forwards and peered out around Tannin towards the noise. She found the feline, it's black coat standing out from the calmer colours surrounding the pool and it's appearance took her aback. She had seen felines before, but they were much bigger than this one; large lynxs from the mountains and even the odd snow leopard seen fleetingly from a distance. She judged this cat by it's size and lowered her defence as Tannin did and decided to speak, "You're certainly smaller than any feline I've seen before."
[html]

OOC: Sorry for it being so short :/ things are suckish in my head right now >.<

Tannin snorted slightly at the feline, "No, I can't say that I have." his ear twitching from a breeze blowing through. He looked at the water, he picked up a rock and threw it at the water, watching it skip across the surface, before it plopped into the water. He watched as the ripples spread across the glass like surface. "So tell me feline, what are you doing in these parts?" he asked, his back still turned, still watching the ripples on the water, disrupting the glass like look.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:# 703bbf; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#1d1815; background-image:url(http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7577/souls9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
((That's okay!))

""You're certainly smaller than any feline I've seen before."" Element sniffed, slightly affronted by this dog's attitude. However, he allotted, this wolf probably had seen the Big Cats - lions, lynxes, and even bobcats like the ones from his father's line. This wolf would probably be rather surprised at the size of normal domestic cats, which were considerably smaller than himself. "I'm a different breed," he said simply, and turned to the other when he began to speak.

""No, I can't say that I have. So tell me feline, what are you doing in these parts?"" Element sniffed; he had thought this wolf hadn't seen very many felines, if any at all. Although he learned that it was unusual for a cat to speak High Speech, it wasn't unheard of. "I live here," he said, licking his paw once more and drawing it over his face for a third time. Must he give an excuse for being? Or did he have to allow the wolves to dictate his life?

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Aislinn's natural, friendly nature shone through and she saw no reason to interrogate the cat. She skirted around Tannin and padded slowly toward the feline, stopping a little distance before it. Tannin's hostility made her wary and although she wanted to be friendly, something told her to be aware that the luperci was older than she was and probably wiser, too. This didn't stop her greeting the cat, though, "Hello," She said quietly, "My name is Aislinn. What's yours?"
[html]

Element glared at Tannin, not liking this wolf very much. There was something in his eyes that gleamed hungrily, whether from bloodlust or actual hunger, Element didn't want to find out. There was something wrong with this wolf, something dangerous - Element knew all wolves were dangerous, but one with a mission was even more so. Element recognized the signs - thinly disguised hostility, eagerness to get rid of his company. He turned away from the strange wolf and towards Aislinn, who seemed to have a much gentler nature.

"Hello," he said to her, inclining his head. "I am Element. Are you from one of the...packs?" He hoped he got the name right - he knew that one of the groups of dogs called themselves a Clan.

<style type="text/css">
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn watched the cat as he eyed Tannin and figured that he was perhaps having the same doubts about Tannin as she was. This let her knew, at least, that this cat was smart and knew what he was doing and allowed Aislinn to relax a little, for a smart cat was less likely to attack a wolf. She smiled as he replied to her, pleased that he had the confidence in her to talk back and perhaps continue a conversation. She nodded as Element finished his sentence and then lay down on the grass with her head raised so that she was at his level, "I'm a member of Dahlia de Mai," she replied, keeping polite, "Although, I've not been a member long and this is one of the first times that I've explored this area."
[html]

Element nodded. Dahlia de Mai? He thought he vaguely recognized the name, but he didn't catch up on the wolves' packs too often; was that French, or perhaps Italian? Shaking the thoughts from his mind, he saw as Aislinn visibly relaxed, even laying down so she was eye-level with Element. He was beginning to like this wolf - she wasn't rash or foolhardy, like other wolves Element had encountered in the past, and seemed quite reasonable in her expectations and overall demeanor.

"That sounds interesting," he said. "I mostly stay around these sorts of areas where wolves don't stray often." It was easy to tell where the wolves had a pack or not; more often than not, their borders smelled so much of canines that you'd be amazed there was prey stupid enough to wander inside. "Are there many differences between the packs?" he asked, curious. After all, what was the point of having several packs if they could save time and energy by being one pack?

<style type="text/css">
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn began licking her paw and concentrated on removing the tiny specks of mud as she waited for Element's reply. She quickly moved onto her other paw and slowly licked her dark blue socks and her ears flicked forwards as Element spoke. Although she didn't look at him (for she trusted him enough not to do so) she listened to him carefully and took in his every word. She spoke with a little uncertainty, "I'm a little unsure about the packs because, as I mentioned, I'm new around here. But I have heard other wolves talking and it seems as though there's a pack further north that is more violent than my own." She looked up at him, "I'd imagine that the packs have...temperaments. Dahlia de Mai is quite laid back and friendly whereas I'm sure others vary."
[html]

OOC: Crap, I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. Things are situated now, so I will be able to respond!

Tannin kept his eyes focused on the water, listening to the conversation between the two. He kept his mouth shut, he didn't know much about the other packs, he was by himself, he didn't need to know, all he knew was his old one, and that didn't matter here, not this far north.

He started listening more carefully, this information might be useful to him, but he doubted it. He looked away from the water and pack the feline, "So Element, you can call me Tannin by the way, you say you live here, so you must know this area pretty well. Since you do, I have to ask you, are there any places that I should avoid? I'm...new here, so I don't know this place well at all. I'm from down south." he motioned with his hand in the direction he thought south was. A small gust of wind blew by, rustling his fur, his ear twitched. He let a smile cross his scarred muzzle.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:# 703bbf; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#1d1815; background-image:url(http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7577/souls9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element nodded at Aislinn; it made sense that some packs would disagree on other's beliefs and traditions. It was a shame, but a shame that existed nonetheless. He also understood how it was new to her, the land of Souls; it was slightly new to him as well once, before he traveled and learned the area so well. He glanced at Tannin as he began to speak.

"So Element, you can call me Tannin by the way, you say you live here, so you must know this area pretty well. Since you do, I have to ask you, are there any places that I should avoid? I'm...new here, so I don't know this place well at all. I'm from down south."

Ah, this one was intelligent; getting information from one who knows the area. He watched as Tannin motioned to where he thought was south and smiled. Element thought. It wouldn't hurt to help this canine out, and perhaps it would make him less compelled to attack. He cleared his throat and began to speak; "Well, right now, you're in a place the other wolves call Arachnea's Revenge." He let out one claw and drew a circle in the dirt and drew a + next to it. "North, South, East and West," he said, marking each line of the +. Then, he drew a square Northeast of the circle. "The square is a large concentration of dogs; they're particularly vicious. You want to avoid them. I think they're called Inferni." He then drew a large oval Southwest of the circle. "And that's yet another pack. They're not as vicious as the Northern pack, but I don't think they'll like trespassers." Then, he drew a triangle Southeast of the circle. "And that's another pack, called Phoenix Valley. They're Northeast of a decrepit city called Halifax; you're safe there, there are no packs there. Southwest of Halifax is yet another wolf pack, however, so be careful of that." Element looked up from his crude drawing to the wolf. "Those are all the packs I can think of in the immediate area that you should be wary of."

<style type="text/css">
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn looked from Tannin to Element as each spoke, intrigued by their intelligence and knowledge. She watched Element's claw as it drew the diagrams in the dirt and lay down with her head between her paws, listening closely to the feline as he spoke. She recognised some of the names that he mentioned and had definitely heard of the one he called Inferni, as they seemed to be infamous around the Souls world. She appreciated Element's information, "You know so much..."
Tannin watched as Element drew things in the ground, his ears twitched as he listened to his words. Phoenix Valley, that's the place Domonick is. he thought to himself. As he heard the word Halifax being mentioned, he smiled slightly, So that place is a safe place? Then it would be smart for me to rest there for a bit. Stay there until I can put plans into motion, I might get luck even, find Domonick up there, he might go. he thought, a smile still plastered on his face.

He looked at Element, "Thanks for the information, I'll avoid the Inferni, I don't want any unnecessary violence, although, I'm not too worried about it, I'm more than sure I could get my way out of any problems I run into." his scarred ear twitching. He let out a small chuckle and looked back to the water, noticing a small fish swimming about, he resisted jumping into the water, grabbing the fish, and ripping it to shreds, he had eaten not that long ago, but he was hungry again, no surprise there, he was always hungry. He just shook off the thought and smiled.
[html]

((Sorry it took so long to reply!))

"Thanks for the information, I'll avoid the Inferni, I don't want any unnecessary violence, although, I'm not too worried about it, I'm more than sure I could get my way out of any problems I run into." Element nodded, but secretly, he wasn't so sure about that - after all, how many of the skulls of wolves did the Inferni have lining their borders? The bloodthirsty dogs must have had some reason to kill them all, and he was sure that not all of them were stupid enough to wander in the borders on purpose. Then again, this wolf seemed...different in some way. Perhaps he had a knack for avoiding troubles of sorts.

He turned to Aislinn as she murmured, ""You know so much..."" He dipped his head to her. "Thank you," he said. "I've been...wandering for a long while." He chose his words carefully, hiding the fact that he hadn't been wandering - he had been searching. It was true, he had been around a lot of the Souls world before finally settling down near Halifax. He never stayed in one place too long, however, and always wandered before long.

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table speak {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table think {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
((OOC: Short reply, sorry!))

Aislinn casually rolled onto her side and listened to Tannin's reply. His reply gave her the impression that he was well-travelled but he seemed to carry a heavy weight in his heart. She turned her head away from Element and peered at him with some curiousity, but her interest soon flicked back to Element's remark. He appeared so humble to her compliment and this made her smile, but there was a certain sadness in his voice that made her wonder, "You must have a family that miss you?"
Tannin listened to Ember remark about wandering, I wonder if he has a purpose as well, for traveling around. "I can relate to you on that matter." he said under his breath, thinking about his own reason for being out here, all the way up north this far. His eyes glistened with the thought of his journey almost coming to an end, it was close, and he could taste it.

Tannin's stomach growled slightly he placed his hand over his stomach and chuckled. He looked at the water, watching the fish swim under the surface, coming up for air, then diving under again, chasing each other, nabbing bugs from the surface for a quick meal. He looked at one fish intently, wishing that he would be able to pluck it out of the water quickly, it would serve as a good meal, well at least a decent snack.