Searching for a Soul
[html]
((Sorry for the delay!))

"You must have a family that miss you?"

Element was startled by this question. A family that missed him...? He knew not whether to laugh or cry; he suppressed both emotions with difficulty and masked his face quickly. On one hand, his mother had decided he was old enough to be on his own at half a year, and he had never seen her again. Such was the way with felines; he was sure she was somewhere, but he didn't think much about it. As for his various brothers and sisters, he could barely remember them. He wandered away from his birthplace to Souls, so it was unlikely he would see them any time soon, or ever.

But 'family' didn't just mean blood.

He turned away from Aislinn and Tannin so that they couldn't see his face, although he was sure it was completely composed. He was a cat, and had spent some time learning how to conceal his emotions so much. After a minute or two, he tore his thoughts away and glanced at Aislinn, masking his features with a vague pleasantness.

"No, I don't," he said.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:8px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:8px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn watched the feline intently as he seemed to ponder her question. At first she thought she saw a look of surprise on his face but that was quickly wiped away and hidden by a calmer look, one which Aislinn cocked her head at in confusion. She continued to watch Element, even as he turned away and replied. She sighed, "I guess cats don't live in packs then, right...?" She turned her head to face Tannin, checking where he was, before she laid her head onto the grass and sighed again.
[html]

Sorry for this being so short =[

Tannin watched Element, "I can relate, families are useless anyway." he said stretching out, laying back, watching the sky. A small gust of wind ruffled his fur. He let out a smile, the wind felt good. He continued to look at the sky, but he spoke to Element, "Being with family isn't so great, responsibilities are given out, you have to care for others. The worst," he gave a small paused, lost in some thought, "or for some, the best part about families, is the fact that you make enemies...ones that you just grow to hate." he let a smirk form across his face as he spoke about this.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#703bbf; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#1d1815; background-image:url(http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7577/souls9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I guess cats don't live in packs then, right...?"

Element felt a little downcast at the sigh in her voice. He hoped he hadn't hurt her feelings by the distant look and answer in which he had spoken; he gave her a hint of a smile and continued. "Not usually, but sometimes we linger with our families," he said. He wondered what it was like for the canines; living in a large group of others almost seemed incredible to Element, who liked time alone every once in a while. He wondered if they ever got claustrophobic.

"I can relate, families are useless anyway." Element's ears dipped down as the other canine spoke. Useless? Element felt otherwise. Families helped you get on your feet, so you could survive the rest of your life. His mother had taught him how to hunt, and his siblings had provided good exercise and play so he was fit for later life. The dog, however, wasn't done speaking - ""Being with family isn't so great, responsibilities are given out, you have to care for others. The worst, or for some, the best part about families, is the fact that you make enemies...ones that you just grow to hate.""

Element thought about this. He disagreed with Tannin, of course, but wondered what had made this dog so keen on his ideas. He spoke. "Not so with cats. We're close the first few months of our lives...we help each other hunt and learn and play. And then we go our separate ways." He cocked his head and looked at Tannin - a feeling familiar to the feline race was playing into existence. Curiosity. Something about the tone of voice Tannin used to say the last sentence made Element grow tense. What family member did Tannin hate? "And why?" he asked himself out loud. He then realized, too late, that he had said this out loud. Glancing at Tannin, he decided to wait for an answer.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Aislinn remained where she was and, although she was listening to Tannin and Element talk, she couldn't help but stare off into space and remember her family. Her light green eyes turned glassy and her breathing slowed as she sank into her thoughts; thoughts of her pups, her love for them and their tragic short time together swirled around her mind. She continued to stare blankly, but her eyes were now filled with a sadness and her blue-furred chest rose and fell more slowly as she sank into a trance. She didn't even awake when Element finally started to question Tannin and his motives; something Aislinn was curious about.
OOC: Just thought i'd pop in. Sorry it's so short!

'It's sad when families don't get along' J'adore said suddenly. He was sure he had startled the small group,but he couldn't see. 'But I suppose some people are just arse's,who live just to annoy people, torture their own family' J'adore mused. It was quite cold out, but J'adore's fur was quite thick. 'I don't know why felines don't live in packs, or herds or whatever, I suppose you would call them prides' J'adore noticed he was getting off track, 'Anyhow, I don't understand why felines, not including Lions, don't live in groups, they are no smarter or dumber than us canines, confusing' J'adore finished taking a deep breathe.
[html]

Element slowly turned his head to face the newcomer. He hadn't seen him coming, but that was because his head was turned; and the air was already so full of the scent of dogs, he couldn't sense another coming. He supposed he should have heard them, but he was so submersed in the conversation he wasn't focused on anything else.

Element's cupped ears turned backwards as the dog questioned his way of life. Why did all - or at least, most - of these canines think their way of life was the only way of life? After hearing this, he turned his icy gaze towards the newcomer.

"And I," Element said, "don't understand why canines don't live independently. They are no smarter or dumber than felines. How confusing."

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
'Nice one' J'adore grinned at the feline. It was an unexpected comment, but a welcome one. Definately ecknowleging that the feline had guts and was indeed very smart. 'I suppose some canines do, somtimes, mind you some cats live in congregations at times'. J'adore crept closer and sat with the small group. The cat was rolling around in the usual cat fashion, scratching his back and streching out. 'So' J'adore began 'I'm J'adore Austral, proud Crimson Dreamer'. J'adore spoke his pack name with evident pride, no offence to th other packs, but J'adore love his pack and pack members dearly, especially Flayra, who he shared many similar veiws with. He felt the felines icy glare shoot his way again, he didn't mean any offence, knowing cats were very proud creatures, who had a lot of reasons to be.
Aislinn's ears pricked and her head shot upwards to face the newcomer. She stared at him intently for a while and politely listened to his words before standing herself up and trotting over to him, curiously sniffing around him. She had not met him before, that was for sure, and he seemed a little boisterous from first impressions. He looked friendly enough, however, and Aislinn faced him straight on and smiled, "I'm Aislinn!" She decided to copy his speech, "And I'm a proud Dahlia De Mai." She sat where she was, next to Element and in front of J'Adore.