Out in the Great Wide Open
[html]

300+

Finally Rikka had her little sea shack exactly as she wanted it. New rugs covered the floor inside and two large ones also covered the sandy ground outside of the entrance. A tie dyed canopy sheltered the outdoors rugs, tied to the top of the shack and two poles that were in the ground a few feet away. A bead curtain hung down from the doorway and a couple wind chimes hunt from the boards that made up the roof. Incense burned pleasantly on her little outdoor stool, filling the air with the spicy and exotic aroma. The de le Poer woman was finally feeling almost completely like her old self again. Not even the scars that marred her body bothered her so much anymore. The spring breeze stroked the marks gently with insubstantial fingers. Everything was going to be better now. Rikka had found her compromise. She was still close to her family, but she could live the way that she was comfortable and happy with. Life was good again.

On one of her expeditions in Lunenburg she had found some strips of leather and string and beads that were perfect for making the headbands that had been a common commodity back in The Haight commune. She still had her's of course, and had taken to wearing them again, but she thought it might be nice to make some again. It was a nice creative, mindless task and perhaps some of her new packmates would like them. It would be a good way to make friends, she thought. Even if they had no interest in the head adornments it would at least be a conversation starter. Now that she had her home all ready, she wanted to start making friends here. It was time for Rikka to return to her social butterfly roots. The metallic hued woman sat Indian-style on the rugs outside of her house and expertly braided the strips of leather and beads into the beginnings of a headband.

<style type="text/css">
.rikkapeace b {font-weight:bold; color:#3A015A; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rikkapeace-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.rikkapeace p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rikkapeace {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#89B5FA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... aceban.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0C0162; padding: 10px 0px 420px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#15026B; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Amaranth found herself on the beach. She was 7 months old this month. She was very happy she'd be considered an adult. Her uncle for a while had been teaching her the skills she wanted to learn and her friend Ember in Aniways was also teaching her when she went and saw her. She was old enough now she could leave home and find another home and she almost thought about doing it but everyone she cared about was here. Though she hadn't seen her friend Firefly in so long. Some time she thought about going to her cabin bout thought that might bug her.

Walking along the beach the young girl stopped at her and Niro's cave and dropped off a really pretty rock that had a couple cool crystals in it. She smiled leaving him a note saying it was for him. She loved playing pirates with Niro when they met up at the beach but he was becoming her best friend.

They had so many neat things around their cave of wonders including a couple books amaranth could read and various other things. Holding two crystals in her hand that she had kept for herself. She wondered what she could do with them maybe she could find some shells and make a necklace but she didn't know how. Hmm maybe she could find something in town on her way home later. She shrugged continuing down the beach finding a very pretty stone that was shaped like an arrow maybe she could refine if and make it look like one.

Finally she stood near a house where on the beach was she it didn't look like her uncles. She was slightly lost thats kinda weird though lost in her own pack. Amaranth stared at it. "Umm Hello anyone here?" she asked. maybe no one was here well she will just have to find out where she is some other way. Walking around to the front she saw a wolf? No she didn't look wolf or she did. She was so confused. "Umm Hello" She said
[html]

sorry for the wait D: my muse has been uncooperative. also, is Amaranth in optime or lupus form?

Rikka begun to hum an old little tune as her fingers worked with the materials. She wasn't incredibly skilled at making the jewelry, there had been many people in the commune more apt at it than she was, but perhaps she could refine her skills here. There had always been something going on in The Haight and she had been so consumed and somewhat overwhelmed in that new and exciting life that she had dabbled in many things there but had become an expert at none of them. She didn't think that Cour des Miracles would be a boring place at all, but she didn't think it would be quite like the commune either. There weren't many skills she possessed, but perhaps now she could really work to find something she was good at and use it to help her new home. The de le Poer woman didn't want to be a dead weight.

A voice, or at least she thought it was a voice, came to her ears and she paused, golden eyes looking around. She didn't see anyone, but that had been someone talking, hadn't it? The notion of getting up and looking around didn't occur to her, she didn't want to abandon her craft, but thankfully soon the owner of the voice appeared. Instantly a smile came to the flower woman's face. "Hello there!" she greeted cheerfully. "Is there something I can help you with? My name is Rikka de le Poer." The young girl smelled heavily of the pack, so she probably wasn't lost. Maybe she was just surprised by the new, colorful appearance of the previously abandoned shack.

<style type="text/css">
.rikkapeace-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.rikkapeace {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#89B5FA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... aceban.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0C0162; padding: 10px 0px 420px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#15026B; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Shes in Optime form sorry if I confused you.

Amaranth was a little confused now that she realized where she was. She wondered who in the pack had moved to this section of the beach. She didn't know who else but her uncle would want to live out on the sea coast. One would think that during the winter it would be cold. She had once walked the beach with her mother and the sand was cold and sucky.

Amaranth had come to see the yellowish woman in a full view. "Oh hello My name is Amaranth." She said smiling. She was happy that the woman wasn't to upset that she had just randomly appeared. She was just on her way to her uncles place which was further down the beach. "I was just passing through to see my uncle who lives in a house further down the beach." She said walking over to look at what the woman was doing.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she looked at all the stuff.
[html]

no worries! ^^

Her choice in home could seem a little odd, a broken down old shack when there were plenty of nicer buildings around. Rikka had never enjoyed being completely enclosed in human-made surroundings though. This feeling had only increased when she had moved to The Haight and had engrossed herself in the commune way of life and thinking. She needed to be out in the open, close to nature. Living in the hotel or the town simply wouldn't do for her. If she hadn't found the shack she probably would have just dug a den or something, but this was nicer, for she could still be shifted and go into it.

The young girl smiled back and introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you Amaranth!" Finally she was going to get to know her packmates outside of Rurik. "Oh yes? Well your uncle has a good taste in scenery. I think it's beautiful here." Clearly her Russian friend's family wasn't the only one to reside in these lands. For some reason it made her feel good to know that many families made up the pack, even if she were away from her own. The girl came over and looked at her craft supplies, questioning what it was she was doing. "I'm making some headbands, like this one I'm wearing," she said, pointing to the braided band that encircled her forehead. "Would you like one? This could be for you, if you wanted it. I'm sure it'd look pretty on you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Amaranth smiled as she knelt down and looked at all the things. "I don't think its a bad choice but it seems like its so far away from everyone else in the pack. I mean wouldn't you get lonely." She said. She didn't like being bossed around but she didn't mind the company of others either. She couldn't imagine living so far from the others.

"It looks very pretty." She said smiling. "Do you make other things too or just head bands?" She asked. She found things that humans had made or done fascinating. They were creatures that were so smart yet here they were today nothing but books and items left to tarnish nature till nature finally removed their disgrace on the land.

The only thing different between the two races were humans didn't embrace nature well not a majority while the wolves and dogs did. Ya they killed but to live not just for selfishness like the mortal human race did.
[html]

She was glad to see the young girl kneel near her. Amaranth had said that she was going to go see her uncle and Rikka would have completely understood if she didn't want to really visit, but it seemed like she did and the woman was happy for the opportunity. "I suppose it is a little further away, but I just don't really like living in towns or hotels or anything like that. I like being out in Mother Nature. Besides, Lunenburg isn't too far from here." There was also the fact that she was making a transition, and recovering from the emotional scars her attack and the war had left on her, but Amaranth didn't need to know that. There was no reason to delve into those dark topics.

"Thank you," she said, smiling. It wasn't really anything compared to some of the headbands others in the commune had produced, but she wasn't completely hopeless at it. "Well, I've only ever made the headbands, but I could probably make bracelets and necklaces too." Those things wouldn't be too different from making headbands. "I can also make tie-dye things, like the canopy," she said pointing up. Rikka loved doing tie-dye, it brought so much color into the world and it looked so neat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]